unknown

asked Jul 19, 2004 at 10:09am
Hp HP DeskJet Plus

HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers

Im running mac os 10.3.4 and trying to print with an HP LaserJet 4 Plus via appletalk...I can communicate with the printer through a jetdirect 300x, but when i try to print something, the printer's interface immediately gives me error W2 Invalid Pers.
I've done a little research on the error, but i can't find a way to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Did you ever get a reply on this? I'm having the same problem hooking up an HP 4Plus onto a powermac running panther

thanks
by msj on Aug 4, 2004 at 6:48pm Add comment
If your Laserjet 4 Plus doesn't have the Postscript module installed, you will see this error msg.

D.
by unknown on Aug 4, 2004 at 7:13pm Add comment
If you need the postscript simm and the 4 extra mbs to run it, email [email protected] He has some in stock.
by jon on Aug 4, 2004 at 10:03pm Add comment
i have a dell computer and hooked a HP Laserjet 4 printer and got this message. what's wrong. thank you, BL Anderson
by Anonymous on May 25, 2006 at 7:34pm Add comment
i have a dell computer and hooked a HP Laserjet 4 printer and got this message. what's wrong. thank you, BL Anderson
by Anonymous on May 25, 2006 at 7:36pm Add comment
Instead of answering this often asked question, I'm going to suggest you type your query into the site search engine and then you can read the responses and you can figure it out for yourself.
by moe on May 25, 2006 at 8:19pm Add comment
Message: W2 Invalid Pers HP LASERJET 4, 4M, 4Plus, 4MPlus, 4SI, 4P, 4MP Printers

W2 Invalid Pers HP LaserJet 4, 4M, 4Plus, 4Mplus, 4Si, 4P, 4MP Printers The job was not printed because the requested personality, such as PostScript (MP), was not installed. Install the language in which the files are sent, together with enough memory to support that language. Clear message by pressing SHIFT and Continue on the printer.
by unknown on Sep 19, 2006 at 10:55am Add comment
download and install these pcl drivers. itll make your printer work

http://h20000.www2.hp.com
by unknown on Dec 18, 2006 at 9:40pm Add comment
Dear Anonymous
Not being a guru I was frustrated by downloading a driver from the MicroSoft site that didn't work and gave the error message discussed here. Your mail suggestion and link worked a treat and saved me prodigious amounts of heartburn. I'm very, very thankful to you Mate.

Best regards,
Barry Thomas
Melbourne, Australia - unknown
The Laserjet 4 driver at your suggested site http://h20000.www2.hp.com fixed my printing driver problem perfectly....THANKS! - unknown
Will this work with an iMac as well?

Thanks, I'm going crazy trying to get it to print.
Steph - Anonymous
Mac OS X users: simply install and use the Gutenprint driver for your printer. Download it here:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3
by unknown on Dec 21, 2007 at 9:41am Add comment
When I got this message installing Ubuntu 7.10 , I reinstalled the printer (in my net 192,160.40.200 this is not important) as a :

Generic

PCL 4 Printer

Generic PCL 4 Printer Foomatic/laserjet

Etc,,,,,,,,,,,

No more "W2 Invalid Pers" or "Overflow" message !!
by unknown on Jan 20, 2008 at 10:08pm Add comment
ubuntu 7.10
ok with
URL = socket://[nameinlocalhost]:9100
Provider & model = HP LaserJet 4 Plus Foomatic/ljet4
by Fan on Feb 29, 2008 at 2:34pm Add comment
Not on a MAC. You need the postscript simm along with i believe an extra 4 more meg of ram for the 4 plus to work on a MAC. Contact [email protected] as I am sure he has what you need in stock and a reasonable cost.
by dmzcompute on May 1, 2008 at 4:22pm Add comment
Yep it works on the iMac as well :)
by Anonymous on May 21, 2008 at 1:47pm Add comment
How did you get rid of the w2 invalid pers for the MAC?
What is the URL used to download the file?
Thanks - unknown
Fedora 10
HP LaserJet 4 Plus Foomatic/ljet4

this driver worked after others gave me the error
by Anonymous on Mar 25, 2009 at 3:35pm Add comment