fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by m7e3r13 (7/19/04 10:09 AM) reply + / -
Im running mac os 10.3.4 and trying to print with an HP LaserJet 4 Plus via appletalk...I can communicate with the printer through a jetdirect 300x, but when i try to print something, the printer's interface immediately gives me error W2 Invalid Pers.
I've done a little research on the error, but i can't find a way to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by msj (8/4/04 6:48 PM) reply + / -
Did you ever get a reply on this? I'm having the same problem hooking up an HP 4Plus onto a powermac running panther

thanks

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Dewaine (8/4/04 7:13 PM) reply + / -
If your Laserjet 4 Plus doesn't have the Postscript module installed, you will see this error msg.

D.

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by jon (8/4/04 10:03 PM) reply + / -
If you need the postscript simm and the 4 extra mbs to run it, email moe@fixyourownprinter.com He has some in stock.

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Anonymous (5/25/06 7:34 PM) reply + / -
i have a dell computer and hooked a HP Laserjet 4 printer and got this message. what's wrong. thank you, BL Anderson

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Anonymous (5/25/06 7:36 PM) reply + / -
i have a dell computer and hooked a HP Laserjet 4 printer and got this message. what's wrong. thank you, BL Anderson

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by moe (5/25/06 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Instead of answering this often asked question, I'm going to suggest you type your query into the site search engine and then you can read the responses and you can figure it out for yourself.

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by lilo (9/19/06 10:55 AM) reply + / -
Message: W2 Invalid Pers HP LASERJET 4, 4M, 4Plus, 4MPlus, 4SI, 4P, 4MP Printers

W2 Invalid Pers HP LaserJet 4, 4M, 4Plus, 4Mplus, 4Si, 4P, 4MP Printers The job was not printed because the requested personality, such as PostScript (MP), was not installed. Install the language in which the files are sent, together with enough memory to support that language. Clear message by pressing SHIFT and Continue on the printer.

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by anonymous (12/18/06 9:40 PM) reply + / -
download and install these pcl drivers. itll make your printer work

http://h20000.www2.hp.com

Re: Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Barry Thomas (9/10/07 7:15 AM) reply + / -
Dear Anonymous
Not being a guru I was frustrated by downloading a driver from the MicroSoft site that didn't work and gave the error message discussed here. Your mail suggestion and link worked a treat and saved me prodigious amounts of heartburn. I'm very, very thankful to you Mate.

Best regards,
Barry Thomas
Melbourne, Australia

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by mildavw (12/21/07 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Mac OS X users: simply install and use the Gutenprint driver for your printer. Download it here:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

Re: Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Grims (1/9/08 1:18 PM) reply + / -
The Laserjet 4 driver at your suggested site http://h20000.www2.hp.com fixed my printing driver problem perfectly....THANKS!

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by storage (1/20/08 10:08 PM) reply + / -
When I got this message installing Ubuntu 7.10 , I reinstalled the printer (in my net 192,160.40.200 this is not important) as a :

Generic

PCL 4 Printer

Generic PCL 4 Printer Foomatic/laserjet

Etc,,,,,,,,,,,

No more "W2 Invalid Pers" or "Overflow" message !!

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Fan (2/29/08 2:34 PM) reply + / -
ubuntu 7.10
ok with
URL = socket://[nameinlocalhost]:9100
Provider & model = HP LaserJet 4 Plus Foomatic/ljet4

Re: Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Anonymous (5/1/08 6:49 AM) reply + / -
Will this work with an iMac as well?

Thanks, I'm going crazy trying to get it to print.
Steph

Re: Re: Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by dmzcompute (5/1/08 4:22 PM) reply + / -
Not on a MAC. You need the postscript simm along with i believe an extra 4 more meg of ram for the 4 plus to work on a MAC. Contact Moe@fixyourownprinter.com as I am sure he has what you need in stock and a reasonable cost.

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Anonymous (5/21/08 1:47 PM) reply + / -
Yep it works on the iMac as well :)

Re: Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by BJ20 (3/11/09 2:49 PM) reply + / -
How did you get rid of the w2 invalid pers for the MAC?
What is the URL used to download the file?
Thanks

Re: HP LaserJet 4 Plus: error W2 Invalid Pers by Anonymous (3/25/09 3:35 PM) reply + / -
Fedora 10
HP LaserJet 4 Plus Foomatic/ljet4

this driver worked after others gave me the error

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters