fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Panafax UF-788

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Panafax UF-788 by Jake (9/2/01 3:19 PM) reply + / -
I'm getting a message to replace the ozone filter. Does anyone know where on the net i can order one and whats involved in changing it?
Thanks

Re: Panafax UF-788 by moe (9/3/01 1:36 PM) reply + / -
www.faxsuperstore.com/pan_sup.htm
$17
The green colored ozone filter sits to the left of
the toner cartridge. It slides right out. It should come with a reset procedure. Ask them if it does before you order it, if not ask them if they know how to do it.

Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (4/8/07 9:16 PM) reply + / -
Thanks, Moe, found the Oz Filter on my machine, right where it should be! Can anyone list the 'reset procedure', this would be extremely helpful!

Thanks,

Phil T.

Re: Panafax UF-788 by garryh (4/9/07 3:37 AM) reply + / -

Press Function, 7, 4, set then enter 64, set and then press clear key and the counter will reset to zero. I am going from memory with these instructions, but I think that you will be o'k as long as you follow the instructions on the display.

Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (4/9/07 4:17 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, tried that,counter did reset to zeros, then when I returned to standby, the error message ("Replace Oz Filter"..) continued to display. Went back to 7, 4, 64 and the original number wuz still there. Reset it again several times - same results. Just doesnt seem to 'take' the reset! Still have the error message...
Thanks,
Phil T.

UF-788 Ozone Filter Message by Phil T. (edited 4/9/07 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Well! I get the Clown of the Year award!! Hey, Garry H, You wuz right, an' it did work!!
All I had to do wuz to press "SET" after the reset, not "Stop" which I had bin doing!!
So, it was Function, 7, 4, 'set' (to select..), '64' (function Number), then Clear, then Set to complete th' reset procedure!
Thanks a million, Garry! Now I can put all th' covers back on and - No Oz Filter Message!!

Phil T.

Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (4/9/07 11:33 AM) reply + / -
Ozone Filter message and counter reset, all re-assembled, and can anyone help with a user/service manual??

Thanks,
Phil T.

Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (5/2/07 3:07 AM) reply + / -
Please, can anyone help with a user/service manual??

Thanks in advance...

Phil T.

Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (edited 5/18/07 6:54 PM) reply + / -
Found a User manual - 'UF744_788 book.pdf' at about 6.2 Mb. on the New Zealand Panasonic site,

http://support.panasonic.co.nz/framemanuals.htm

I hope this helps...

Phil T.

Re: Panafax UF-788 by lou2007 (6/2/07 6:33 AM) reply + / -
I picked up this unit yesterday and having trouble with the printing of received faxes. Error is "Check Printer Info Code 54". I cannot find this info code on the manual downloaded from here. Does anyone know what this error is?

Re: Panafax UF-788 by panatech (6/3/07 6:28 PM) reply+1 + / -
code means it cant see the laser, you can remove laser and oil poly shaft with "light" machine oil usually fixes it. You will need a TT10 bit to open black laser box. You should really start a new thred when posting.

Re: Panafax UF-788 by Anonymous (11/16/08 11:51 AM) reply + / -
je cherche le manuel usager trauit ŗ l'espagnol pour panafax uf-744/788.merci de ma contacter au email:odb_tps@hotmail.fr

Re: Panafax UF-788 by Marsha1212 (1/4/10 8:31 AM) reply + / -
What does code 054 check printer mean??...There is a message in memory..I thought changing the toner would help, but it didn't...please help!!!...Marsha

Re: Panafax UF-788 by moe (1/4/10 10:06 AM) reply + / -
Laser error. If turning it on/off doesn't fix it, I'd be looking for a replacement fax.

Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by Anonymous (1/5/10 7:12 AM) reply + / -
THanks for your help...I got someone in & he replaced the laser & the fax is working again!!!...Marsha

Re: Panafax UF-788 by BCGilles (1/5/10 10:03 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone have the service/repair manual for the UF-744 or UF-788 panafax machine ?

I want to disassemble the laser Unit

Pleeeeease help me

BCGilles

Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (1/8/10 2:18 AM) reply + / -
Found a User manual - 'UF744_788 book.pdf' at about 6.2 Mb. on the New Zealand Panasonic site,

http://support.panasonic.co.nz/framemanuals.htm

I hope this helps...

Phil T.

Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by BCGilles (1/8/10 5:54 AM) reply + / -
Hi Phil,

Thatís the Userís Manual on the site. I already have that one but bought The "Service manual" for my panafax UF-744 at justmanuals.com for $12. It is a pdf document with everything I need to visualise the inside of machine. Very good book! Now I just have to find the right screewdriver for that "factory screw" painted pink on the laser Unit. Then remove top cover and remove the laser prism assembly (I donít know what it looks like ? The book doesnít go that far - can you help me?). Then take prism off shaft and clean both with alcohol.

Gonna let you know if it works

Thanks a lot!

GB

Re: Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (1/16/10 11:42 PM) reply + / -
Hi GB, how did the repair go? Did you find a Repair Manual for the UF788? Did you get the Prism assy sorted?? How's the job going??

Like to hear...

Phil T.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by BCGilles (1/17/10 7:30 AM) reply + / -
I did buy the manual and it wasnít to hard to disassemble the laser Unit. Lubricated the shaft, put it all back together and worked for a day and the error code came back the following day. Iím done. At least my fax worked for about 14 years. So Iíll by a 4 in one or a not to expensive fax only machine. Thanks for helping!

See you soon

GB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Panafax UF-788 by Phil T. (1/17/10 1:39 PM) reply + / -
Sorry to hear that the Error code returned. In the day it worked, did you do many pages? May I ask what you used to lube the shaft? Would you be prepared to 'give it another go'? May I be extremely cheeky, please, and ask for a copy of the manual? My email is < phil10@slingshot.co.nz > if you would. What can you tell me about the Memory, please?

Thanks,

Phil T.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters