fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp 4200

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp 4200 by harun (3/31/04 12:25 PM) reply + / -
I have a hp laserjet 4200 printer.the error is" make the printer maintenance" on the printer display.how can I close this message? and how can I find hp laserjet 4200 servise manual.
thanks for advices...

Re: hp 4200 by dmzcompute (3/31/04 2:09 PM) reply + / -
The printer is telling you that you have produced over 200K pages and it is time to perfrom maintenance. HP sells a maintenance kit and a lot of other places sellthem also. If you are not having any problems with the printer you can hold off performing the maintenance, however, I would not reset the maintnenace counter to make the message go away unitl the kit is installed. When you buy the kit most of the time it comes with isntructions on how to install all the parts and reset the counter.

Re: hp 4200 by Larry Touzet (3/31/04 2:17 PM) reply + / -
First, try ebay for the manual. I got a CD with a whole bunch of "service" manuals for about $10.oo
The manual says this about cleaing a printer maintenance message:

1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Hold down the SELECT ( ) button, and then turn on the printer power. Continue holding
down the SELECT ( ) button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then
remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
3. Press the UP ARROW ( ) button to scroll to NEW MAINTENANCE KIT.
4. Press the SELECT ( ) button to reset the maintenance-kit counter.

Re: hp 4200 by Brante (9/14/07 10:11 AM) reply + / -
you can also enter the service menu and reset maintenance count through the menu. the code is XX4200YY where the XX is the month the printer was released, the 4200 for the printer model, and the YY is the year the model was released. you can look the code up online too.
enter the service menu and set the maintenance page count to 0

Re: hp 4200 by dmzcompute (9/14/07 6:34 PM) reply + / -
Why on earth would you want to change the maintenance count using the service menu when using the startup sequence works even if the printer has not reached its maintenance level.

Re: hp 4200 by Stephen (9/14/07 7:10 PM) reply + / -
It's a bad habit to set that count to less than 2.

One of the 4200s ancestors will lock up and need a new formatter if you set the wrong count to 0 or 1.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters