fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP OfficeJet G85 error code

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Kristin (11/20/03 2:50 PM) reply + / -
I keep getting an error code on my HP OfficeJet G85. C00F0401 . I looked on the HP website and it says to take off the back, and gently roll up the rollers with your hands until you free a paper jam and then restart the printer. I have done that MANY, MANY times. Then it said to clean the printer if the problem still persists. I have done that several times and it still isn't taking the code off. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much in advance!

Kristin

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Bert (11/20/03 3:26 PM) reply+1 + / -
Do This First
Press and hold buttons 6 and # while plugging in the power. Hold them in until you see feedback from the status display.

If The Above Fails Do This
This is how I cleared an "unresetable" C00F0401 Error on a machine I repaired. I can't guarantee that this will work under all circumstances but it worked on at least one G85. Unplug the ADF (document feeder); the exposed cable in the rear, and the LIU (the widget that the phone line plugs into). Remove the Torx (T20) screw securing the LIU cover and it unplugs easily.

Press and hold buttons 6 and # while plugging in the power. Hold them in until you see feedback from the status display.

GREAT TIP! by Kristin (11/21/03 9:52 AM) reply + / -
I have got to tell you it worked! I am so excited, you have saved me so much time and frustration. I probably would have had to buy another printer. You have great insight into the problems that I was having and I can't thank you enough!

Have a good weekend! Kris

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Flashtek (6/18/06 11:02 AM) reply + / -
How about if the "if all else fails" fails ??

Re: Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Julie Kim (7/22/08 7:11 AM) reply + / -
I've tried your instruction but it didn't work. What's the status display supposed to say? I get the message flickering 'Error code c00f0401 turn power off and turn on'. HP Officejet G85 All in one.

Please anyone help me.

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Bert (7/22/08 6:57 PM) reply + / -
When a working printer is idle the status display will show the date and time.

The main electronics board has probably failed, HP P/N C6734-60151, approximately $160 online.

Re: Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Anonymous (9/14/08 1:46 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Anonymous (2/4/09 12:03 PM) reply + / -
ahhh i absolutely love you!!! thanks :)

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Anonymous (2/5/09 8:22 PM) reply + / -
I was working on my son's school project and we got this error code when we tried to print. We fixed it with your help!!! Thanks a bunch!

John (California)

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 - C00F0401 error code by dZ (3/9/09 8:50 AM) reply + / -
Holding the 6 and # while plugging in the power worked great! Make sure you take your fingers off immediately when the display first starts. I was holding the buttons too long, but got it on the 3rd time...

Great trick!

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Anonymous (5/21/09 7:04 AM) reply + / -
thank you Bert and dZ !!!

Re: Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by Anonymous (3/15/10 9:47 AM) reply + / -
Bert - Thank you!

Re: HP OfficeJet G85 error code by m2tryau (10/21/11 8:17 AM) reply + / -
Thank you! Pressing down the keys "6" & "#" worked for me.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters