fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp Laserjet 2200d noise

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp Laserjet 2200d noise by Don (5/23/03 9:57 AM) reply + / -
When this printer sits idle it is perfectly quiet. However when it comes time to print something and the motor (or whatever) kicks on it is very loud and high pitched. It continues to whine like this until it is done printing and the motor (or whatever) shuts off. Then it goes back to perfect silence again. This printer is just over one year old with very low volume on it. Wish I would have waited for the 2300 series now.
Thanks For All Responses to this.!!!!!!!!!

Re: hp Laserjet 2200d noise by Stephen (5/23/03 10:22 AM) reply + / -
There is a HP service note about noisy face down delivery assemblies on 2200 printers, if this is your problem, then a HP Authorized Service Provider can fix it as a warranty item, even if the printer is out of warranty.

Here's how HP puts it:
A loud squeaking (not grinding) noise occurs from the Output Delivery Area.

Service note applies to certain model and serial number ranges, email me the model and serial number and I'll check it for you.

Stephen Thompson
HP ASP
I

hp Laserjet 2200dn noise by David Banghart (8/18/03 2:05 PM) reply + / -
Hello Stephen. We have 4 HP 2200dnprinters. One of them has a squeaking noise coming from the output area. Serial number is: CNGRD11501.

This unit is about 1.5 years old.

Please advise as to repair options. Thanks.

David.

Re: hp Laserjet 2200d noise by AIC Print Guy (9/26/05 9:05 AM) reply + / -
If it's a high pitched, constant noise, not a grinding and not a squeaking, I'd say check the laser assembly. There's a spinning mirrior in there that can sometimes develop worn out bearings and get off center, causing a VERY annoying noise.

Re: hp Laserjet 2200d noise by briank (9/27/05 7:18 AM) reply + / -
I've seen a few 2200's that indeed have trouble with the Polygon motor in de laser unit, the lid on the unit sometimes resonates with this noise, making it worse, making sure the lid is closed tight can help a bit, otherwise there is not much you can do about it besides getting a new (expensive) laser unit.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters