fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp officejet 5510 all-in-one, Alignment Failed?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp officejet 5510 all-in-one, Alignment Failed? by rloomis482 (5/29/12 7:27 PM) reply + / -
hp officejet 5510 all-in-one printer.

Simply attempted a Cartridge Replacement as normal…..

ERROR/MESSAGE DISPLAY’S

**** Loaded paper size and selected size don't match. ****

Hello, Newbie is looking for help and will welcome any information in resolving my issue.

After replacing#56 Ink Cartridge with low ink, and was working great prior to this…

When attempting to print an Alignment page it gets a message displaying the text:

Loaded paper size and selected size don't match.

And will not cancel out of the alignment process.

Continues to give the Message:

If you have just installed a new print cartridge it is recommended that you align it. Click on "Align" to align your new print cartridge.

The Software’s Help option is no help, as It only explains that I need to replace the paper with the correct size? And since I have only used and printed US Letter size (and the occasional attempt to print a full 8X10 Gloss/Semi Gloss Photo Paper) and basic #10 envelopes for the life of the printer, what the heck went wrong?

Never had an issue with this printer till now but it appears it’s Junk now? (Seems the cost of repair outweighs replacement) No one has any resolution for this as yet???

Anyone have a suggestion on where to start, I have already tried other cartridges including the last one with low ink again, and after two thorough careful cleanings with no results or changes.

Thank you for your time.

Re: hp officejet 5510 all-in-one, Alignment Failed? by Stephen (6/11/12 8:25 PM) reply + / -
Probable spot sensor problem, I think the engine on that machine is a DeskJet 5550, so you might search on ssso spot sensor for more information.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters