fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon MP530 printer

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon MP530 printer by pattinc (3/17/12 2:47 PM) reply + / -
I am getting display code of U052 on a Canon MP530 multifunction printer. I reseated the printer head (plastic holder) per owners manual suggestion, but code remains. I am thinking if I could get a service manual, I may be able to clean up the printer and restore it. I've read about the hoses getting clogged and am thinking it may be something along those lines. Advice?

Re: Canon MP530 printer by Miataman (3/22/12 11:36 AM) reply + / -
I have the same U052 error code "Check Cartridge". I removed the printer head, cleaned the contacts with alcohol, and reinstalled it with no change. Did you get yours fixed somehow?

Re: Canon MP530 printer by pattinc (3/22/12 7:50 PM) reply + / -
Miataman, after cleaning , I have ordered a new printhead from Canon for ($53). When it arrives, I'll let you know what happens. I did make contact with Trigger1937 from this forum via email and he offers knowledge, help and guidance. I plan on asking for further help if the new printhead doesn't do the trick. But now this is to be my Canon printer education. I figure what I learn from this could help me with future care and troubleshooting, because I do like the canon printer line.

Re: Canon MP530 printer by pattinc (4/2/12 5:50 PM) reply + / -
Success ! Thanks to trigger 1937. My code U052 was overheated print head , so I replaced the print head. Seems no other damage was done, but I have learned now that some maintenence is a good thing. Plus not trying to squeeze every drop of ink out of a cartridge before replacing it. Plus frequent nozzle checks. I am now a better Canon printer owner. Thanks to this forum, I am also not adding more plastic to the global landfill. THAT feel good.

Re: Canon MP530 printer by newFrad (edited 4/4/12 1:56 AM) reply + / -
I have the same U052 error code "Check Cartridge".The alfunctioning of printers can lead to both time and money loss. Therefore, any kind of printer issues should be resolved as soon as possible, to get smooth and hassle free printing.You should make sure that the printer paper cartridge is loaded with paper, because a printer cannot print without paper.

HP Printer Support

Re: Canon MP530 printer by TexRex96 (11/26/12 8:21 PM) reply + / -
Hi there... Are we sure that replacing the printer head is the only solution here? Other threads have mixed comments. My Canon MX5220 is relatively new, so I am a little hesitant to throw good money after bad. The error was unprovoked as far as I know... Thanks!

Re: Canon MP530 printer by seoreseller2663 (12/21/12 9:24 PM) reply + / -
Hi

This Error signifies that the printer isn\'t ready to acknowledge a compatible cartridge.

This can happen owing to 2 reasons :
1. Your cartridges area unit unhealthy.
2. Your printer\'s cartridge sensing element has gone unhealthy.

Please take away all cartridges. employing a damp artifact clean the golden contacts on cartridge similarly as printer. don\'t bit nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge however.

Please do that :
1. take away the facility cable from printer. take away the USB cable that connects printer to pc (remove it from printer similarly as computer\'s usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep ironed for three minutes then unharness
3. currently infix the facility cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Now insert cartridges and see if error goes away.

If not, then you\'ll got to purchase new real cartridge to verify if its a printer issue or not.

Your most suitable choice is to shop for real cartridge from a store wherever they take back open cartridges if they\'re defective. That approach you\'ll be able to come back them and save your cash.

If error persists with new cartridge than it might be most cost-effective to shop for a brand new printer if this one is over one period of time previous and out of guarantee.

Feel free to raise any question or concern you\'ll have. i\'ll be glad to assist you.

Re: Canon MP530 printer by vekhamjon (12/22/12 12:20 AM) reply + / -
hi , these type error occur sometimes for this you changed in printer settings and repairing printer parts through a carocine oil.

FIXED IT by fixed it (3/6/13 6:51 PM) reply + / -
FIXED IT (sledge hammer:)

wtf would anyone spend $53 on a print head for an mp530 which is six years old, when a new printer is $100?

Re: Canon MP530 printer by rangi (5/26/13 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Hi there my mp530 for some reason will only print half a page in portrait it wont print a second page for the other half not that that is what I want

Re: Canon MP530 printer by westlife911 (7/15/13 6:57 AM) reply + / -
Hi

Has anyone managed to fix this error yet? apart from buying a new print head of course

Re: Canon MP530 printer by dgrindlay (1/21/14 5:08 AM) reply + / -
I followed this advice for the error and it worked:

Please try the following to see if we can resolve this error:

1. Open the cover of the printer.
2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.
3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.
5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.
6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.
7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.
8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Once this has been done, plug the power back in and turn the printer on.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters