fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jre88494 (10/18/11 4:16 PM) reply+1 + / -
Hello, I have seen many instances of the 6A00 error in this forum and understand it is usually to do with the purge unit.

My printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process, regardess of where it is located along the shaft.

In most instances it appears a detailed instruction list for disassembly/checking of the purge unit is sent - is it possible to get a copy of this please.

Many thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/19/11 8:52 PM) reply + / -
jre88494,... WOW,.. what kind of a "handle" is that. Is this the number that is on the back of your prision uniform???? LOL,..

OK,..now for serious stuff. The 6A00 error condition is telling you that there is a problem with the purge unit and that the timing is faulty or missing. I will send you an email and when you respond to that I will send you a file that may help you to clear the error. At least it is something we can try. If it doesn't work then the only other option is to take the printer apart.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by switch (10/31/11 4:11 PM) reply + / -
I'm having exactly the same issue, any chance you could send me the same program, if it worked for you that is.. It'd be much appreciated :)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 - resolved! by rechtj (10/31/11 4:56 PM) reply + / -
Many thanks to trigger1937 for superb guidance.

There was an obstruction in the purge unit as you indicated it would be (...we won't go into how the bung plug from the black cartridge happened to have come off and fall into the purge unit..) but once I had disassembled the covers I was able to remove it, perform some preventative cleaning, and return the printer to operation.

Your clear explanations certainly made the whole process very simple.

Thanks again.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (edited 10/31/11 9:10 PM) reply + / -
Rechtj,... Thanks for you kind comments. It is wonderful to know that my instructions and pictures gave you the information you needed to get the printer fixed.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Andréa Browne (11/1/11 2:19 AM) reply + / -
Please can you let me know how to fix the above problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/1/11 9:11 AM) reply + / -
Andrea,... I will do what I can to help you, but the post you have made provides very little information. Next time add some information about what happened, when, what you haved tried, what has worked, type of ink carts you use, age of printer, etc.

I am going to send you an email and once your respond to that, with some more information, I will be able to send you some answers.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Nightsman (11/1/11 11:51 PM) reply + / -
Hi,

I am having the same problem for last week.

"My printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process, regardess of where it is located along the shaft."

I saw that there is a sandpaper kind plastic piece inside to the right (when you look at from front), that keeps popping up and I push it and it stays down there but is up again....

Can anyone please help?

Thank you so much.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/2/11 8:45 AM) reply + / -
Nightsman,...The item you are trying to describe is the purge unit which is responsible for sucking the ink out of the ink carts down into the printhead. There are many moving parts in the purge unit and if anything gets stuck in there, such as a paper clip, staple, hair pin, needle, piece of string, then you will get the 6A00 error. You are lucky that the head is not jammed or locked in the home position. I will send you and email and once you send me a reply I will be able to send you more information and pictures.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mrmahone (11/12/11 11:08 AM) reply + / -
I am getting the same error message on a MX 850. Just like with Nightsman's situation, the print head is free to move but does not do so when powering up. I sent you an email, trigger1937, with this information, as I'm not sure of the protocol on this site so I'm posting here as well. Any help from any source will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/13/11 7:18 PM) reply + / -
mrmahone,..I got your email and I've sent you some more information. Reply to that email.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by arubich (11/15/11 7:25 AM) reply + / -
trigger1937, i see you helped other people with this problem, so please, could you do the same for me? standard problem as above, 6A00 error. it might be the problem that i tried to print a photo and forgot to change paper -.- mp610. thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/15/11 8:53 AM) reply + / -
arubich,,.. In order for me to send you data files I need to first have you send me a reponse to an email. I will send you an email not and when you reply, put some information it the note to identify your printer, the problems, etc.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jefff46 (11/18/11 6:57 AM) reply + / -
hello any help would be appreciated with the same error 6a00. i have a cannon mp610 2years old. never had a problem untill this week with the error. it will power up fine run through a cycle and sometimes no error. but as soon as i try to print, bam error 6a00. i turn it off and back on, bam 6a00 error. again at some start ups i will not get the error and i am able to run all maint. cycles clean print head, ect... i see in other post that is may be with the purge? any help please.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/18/11 8:10 AM) reply + / -
jeff46,...This error condition can be caused by many things including the purge unit. It is in fact the "Purge Cam sensor error". However, 95% of the time it is the result of OLD ink dried up and sticky that causes part of the purge unit to be out of place and messes up the timing of the purge unit. There are a limited number of things you can do with the cover on but I will send you an email and once your reply I will be able to send you some test instructions.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jefff46 (11/18/11 2:31 PM) reply + / -
hello trigger, you are probably correct old ink or at the least makes sense. the printer doesnt get used very often. the bright side- saves on ink. ok bad joke. but very fustrated when it does not work. i have a screwdriver in one hand and a hammer in the other waiting for your suggestions.. thank you jeff

model mp 610 error 6a00

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by arubich (11/19/11 9:40 AM) reply + / -
trigger, i'm saying thank you so much here for others to see :D your instructions worked very well. if we ever meet, i owe you. i suppose it was the old ink problem and just needed to be cleaned. thank you so very much!! arubich

lol @ the bright side- saves on ink. ok bad joke.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/19/11 9:53 PM) reply + / -
Arubich,...Glad to hear you got it clean. To keep in clean in the future,..print something everyday or at least every other day. Print a nozzle test print at least once a week and this will give you an early warning if you see any clogs in the head,..clean them right away. First try the internal cleaning and if that does not fix the issue, then pull the head and the ink carts and clean the head and test the ink carts. You know that ink carts can get clogged from lack of use almost as easy as a head.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by cjm_bklyn (11/20/11 11:58 AM) reply + / -
Getting same message. Was working fine until I vehemently tried to cancel a print job yesterday. Nothing too unusual, but this is the error message that appeared and continues.

Thanks for any help,
cjm

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/20/11 9:30 PM) reply + / -
cjm bklyn,... How did you cancel the job,..with the Cancel button or by pulling out the power. In either case the error signal is telling you that you either have a jam with the purge unit and the carriage, or the purge cam sensor has a timing problem.

Pull out the power cord and let the printer set for a few minutes. Turning off the power is not the same. Then plug the power back in and turn the power on and see what error condition you get. Now open the cover and see if the carriage moves to the center.

I have sent you an email and once you reply to that I will be able to send you some instructions to further test and hopefully clear this error condition.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by arubich (11/21/11 3:28 AM) reply + / -
ok, trigger, i will do as you say, i don't want any prblms like this anymore. thank you very much once again!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jefff46 (11/23/11 6:29 AM) reply + / -
ok trigger, per your instructions i have, tested (all-good), cleaned (wipers-as much as i could reach< big hands not much room)still receive 6A00 error. things printer will do, after receiving 6A00 error message, I power off printer, restart printer, it gives a 6A00 error, but if i power it off and unplug printer, then power on printer, no error. I can then run all maintenance settings, deep cleaning, auto head align, dead alignment print, roller cleaning, nozzle check pattern, with no error or problems, but as soon as i try to print a document or picture- error 6A00. any more suggestion? maybe need to clean purge more? there seemed to be alot of ink on those paper towels. the wipers seem to be up always when i was cleaning. Is that normal.. thank you jeff

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by joeperote (11/28/11 5:53 PM) reply + / -
Same error message Have changed ink cartridges ,turned power off and on etc . Cleaned an area of dried ink where I assume the ink flows ? PURGE AREA ?. Also when I open the top of the printer as if to change the cartridges the catridge holder does not come to the center as it normally would .
Thanks for your help

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Christopher S Wright (11/29/11 8:29 AM) reply + / -
Just had this problem. The printer is three years old, but never had any trouble. Urgent job and error message! Read this forum, but decided to take a short cut. Raised the front a couple of centimetres and let it drop on the worktop. Did it three times. Works a treat now, so it's worth trying before taking the printer apart.

Re: Canon Pixma Mx850 error 5C00 by scheideckerj (12/3/11 9:26 PM) reply + / -
I haven't seen this error number in the posts, but wonder if it is similar to 6A00 error on pixma MP 610.

I had years of flawless operation and then got this error message a month after I used non-canon ink cartridges.

The machine does not cycle the ink cassettes, though I can move it manually.

Any help?
Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/3/11 11:06 PM) reply + / -
scheideckerj,....Yes the 5C00 error is very similar to the 6A00. I don't know what you mean when you say it does not "Cycle" the ink carts. Maybe you ment to say that it no longer will do a cleaning cycle or a wiping cycle. Withthe 5C00 is will not proceed until you fix the problem. I am sending you an email and when you respond I will be able to end you a PDF file to try and fix the problem.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by cloudboy (edited 12/4/11 6:54 AM) reply + / -
Hi Bud,
I purchased your CD several months ago. I live in Panama. It did finally arrive. I have a problem with my iP3000 involving the printhead error five orange flashes. I lost your email address. Please email me so I can ask you about it since this thread is not related. Thank you very much. cloudboy51@hotmail.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/4/11 8:19 AM) reply + / -
cloudboy,...You could of sent me an email from this website. All you had to do was click on my USER ID and that would open a window to allow you to send an email directly to my address. I'll send it anyway.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by sjvcvets (12/18/11 9:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00. When I turn the printer on the copy and alarm lights are blinking and the Error code 6A00 displays. After cleaning the surface of the purge unit I now have a 6502 Error. I know this is a MP610 thread so apologize if I have posted in the wrong place.

Thank you in advance for any advice you have.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/18/11 8:29 PM) reply + / -
sjvcvets,.... I will send you a short note and once you respond I will be able to send you more test information. Tell me all you can of what you have done to your printer, how long has it been since you've clean the insides, the head, or anything.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by DavidS12 (12/20/11 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Having similar problems and getting same error on MP610.

I have tried pulling plug and leave, when I switch on again the purge unit remains where it was, moves up and down and then reports the 6A00 error.

Greatful for any advise on how to fix

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/20/11 8:52 AM) reply + / -
DavidS12,...It sounds like you have something Jammed inside one of the part of the purge unit. This is what will produce the 6A00 error code. I will send you an email and once your respond I will reply with instruction on how to attempt to free the purge unit. In the mean time examine everything in and around the purge unit to look for anything that can cause a jam, such as a paper clip, staple, push pin, hair pin, bit of paper stuck in one or more roller, etc.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by shl204 (12/27/11 6:03 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same error code. Help

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/27/11 6:18 PM) reply + / -
shl204,...There is a lot more information you can provide. The 6A00 error code is associated with several kinds of "Jams" with either the purge unit or the Carriage unit or with both. You need to provide much more information if you want help. For example,..is the carriage locked in the far right position after you open the cover to change ink. If you then pull out the power cord can you move the carriage at all? I'll send you and email and when you reply I with then be able to provide you a couple of tests.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by caldo65 (1/5/12 8:21 AM) reply + / -
I have a MP610 which is giving me an error code 6A00. After turning off and unplugging several times, I still get the code. The ink cartridge carriage does not move on its own when I raise the printer cover, but I can manually move the carriage back and forth. Can you help? Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/5/12 4:10 PM) reply + / -
caldo65,,... You are one of the lucky ones,..in that your printhead did not jam into the purge unit since it appears that unit is jammed. I am sending you an email and when you reply I will be able to send you some instructions that may help to clear the problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by caldo65 (1/10/12 12:35 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for your assistance! As per your instructions, I raised the printer cover and moved the cartridge carriage all the way to the left, so as to allow better access to the top of the purge unit. I then wiped the ink pads and wipers on the top of the purge unit with paper toweling. Your suggestion of wearing rubber gloves came in handy here. Lots of ink, mostly black, was removed on 3 paper towels plus what the gloves collected.
I then plugged in the printer and voila, no error code. The printer now works fine.
Thanks again

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/10/12 8:11 PM) reply + / -
Caldo65,...Congratulations,.. You did a great job. However, don't get too excited about it. If it clogged once it will happen again unless you take care of it as you go along. Since I already have your email address I will send you another document that will teach you how to maintain your printer in top condition for a long time.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by djiv (1/15/12 8:22 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

My english is not good, but i understand that i`m lucky guy :) maybe.....

I have the same error.

My cassette not moving but i can manually move it.

Can you help me what to do?

Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/15/12 8:58 AM) reply + / -
djiv,...Yes you are lucky if the carriage is note stuck or locked. Since you can move it away once you pull out the power cord, move it to the far left and this will give you more access to the purge unit and the ink pads and the wiper blades. I am sending you an email and when you send me a reply I will be able to send you the instructions to attempt to clear the jam.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by raccoa (1/16/12 2:59 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I have a pixma MP800, and am getting the same error message (6A00). I have tried changing the ink, wiping down the sensors (?) before inserting new cartridges. Could you please send me the information on how to remedy this problem? My cartridge carriage does move, but when I lift the top cover of the printer, it does not move to the proper "ink changing" position (I hope that makes sense!).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by pandabear (1/17/12 6:21 AM) reply + / -
I got the same error message on my MP610, Just took the 3 color cartridges that were running low on ink and put them back in, and voila! It started working for some reason.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by djiv (1/19/12 2:06 PM) reply + / -
Hi again,

can you help me, what to do?

Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by seamist9 (1/22/12 10:12 AM) reply + / -
Hello,jre88494 I have the EXACT problem. What was the fix for this? I would SO appreciate any help you can give me.

~seamist9

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by seamist9 (1/22/12 10:14 AM) reply + / -
Hello, jre88494 I have the EXACT problem. What was the fix for this? I would SO appreciate any help you can give me.

~seamist9

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/22/12 9:21 PM) reply + / -
seamist9,... When you say you have the exact problem,.. I have to assume that you have the MP610 printer and you have the 6A00 error. If so I will send you a note and once you reply to that I will be able to send you some instructions to attempt to clear the error.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by nightsman (1/22/12 9:49 PM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger,

Thank you for sending me the instructions (about 2 months ago). It worked. However, after a day it got stuck again. Thsi went on for 3 times and then I gave up. I bought another printer.

But, really thank you for doing this just for the sake of helping people. It is very much appreciated.

Nightsman.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/22/12 9:59 PM) reply + / -
nightsman,...Sorry to hear you gave up. If you are interested I could send you some more detailed instructions on how to clean it so that problem would not come back again. It is not that hard. I'm sending you a note so it is your choice to contact me.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Canonoptimist (1/23/12 1:01 PM) reply + / -
Hi there, I hope you can help please! My MP610 is showing the 6A00 error and has exactly the same symptoms as jre88494 earlier in the forum...

"My printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process, regardess of where it is located along the shaft."

I have tried unplugging and restarting 10 minutes later with no luck. I have also tried manually moving the inks to the left and cleaning the sponge pads inside but it still seems to go through the motions to start up as mentioned above and then give up with a faint wheeze!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers B)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Canonoptimist (1/23/12 1:04 PM) reply + / -
Hi there, I hope you can help please! My MP610 is showing the 6A00 error and has exactly the same symptoms as jre88494 earlier in the forum...

I have tried unplugging and restarting 10 minutes later with no luck. I have also tried manually moving the inks to the left and cleaning the sponge pads inside but it still seems to go through the motions to start up as mentioned above and then give up with a faint wheeze!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers B)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/23/12 6:10 PM) reply + / -
CanonOptimist,....This is the typical setup for the jammed purge unit. However,..you are partially lucky since the carriage is not Jammed hard into the purge unit and the carriage is not locked to the far right,..i.e. you can move it. Open the cover and the pull out the power cord. Now you can move the carriage by hand out of the way. Use a flashlight to examine the purge area just under the covers on the right side. You probably need to use a rubber glove and a folded wet paper towel. The goal is to examine the purge wiper blades and make sure they are not stuck extended and the spring pulls them back to home position. 2nd you want to test each of the two ink pads to verify they are not jammed. You do this by gently pressing on them to see that they will move down just 1/4 ink and are not LOCKED up. If all of this is successful,..then you are in for a lot of additional work,..which would be to disassemble the printer at least down to the point where you can manually cycle the purge unit. I am sending you an email and when you reply I will be able to send you more intormation.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Randyandlisa (1/29/12 4:05 PM) reply + / -
trigger1937 Could you please forward me the process for cleaning and fixing my Canon MX850 printer with error code 6A00. Thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/30/12 10:33 AM) reply + / -
Randy,... I am sending you an email and once you reply I will be able to send you the attachment. This web site has no other way of sending you anything.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by rgrebenc (2/2/12 11:09 AM) reply + / -
Like the very first post, "my printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platen rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise (1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately. The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process, regardless of where it is located along the shaft."

All I've tried so far is to blow air all around the inside and I removed the print cartridges and wiped off the little silver disks at bottom with a cotton swab. No change in this status.

First time this has happened. Particularly frustrating since it won't even let me scan.

Any help, trigger, would be appreciated.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jay1967 (2/3/12 1:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937, my MP610 developed the same 6A00 error yesterday. It managed to clear it the first time by simply turning off and on but it has happened again. I would be grateful if you could send me instructions on how to fix this this error. Many thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/3/12 8:39 AM) reply + / -
Jay,... This happens when the wiper blades in the purge unit get so covered in OLD ink they become sticky and jam at the front wiper arm. I will send you a short note and when you reply I will attach some instruction to clean this old ink. When you reply give me all the information again, as I can never come back and search for this problem. Your name here and you email address are not the same.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by rgrebenc (2/3/12 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Trigger: You seemed to have skipped me (see my note above). Can you help? Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/3/12 9:17 AM) reply + / -
rgrebenc,...None said I was perfect. You are lucky that the carriage and the head are not jammed. You probably just have a jammed wiper blade or if you are really unlucky something else was dropped in the path like a paper clip, hair pin, staple, etc. I will send you and email and when you reply please all all of your information again as I can't come back here and try and find your note again. Once I get it I will respond.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by troubadour (2/4/12 8:25 PM) reply + / -
Hi from France Trigger1937,
I also have the same problem as everybody on this topic:
My CANON Pixma MP610 is stuck with error 6A00.
My dad tried to print a pdf, and there was this message on the printer's screen.
I tried to unplug the printer and let it relax for about 10 minutes, but nothing changed.
When I switch it on, I hear that the carriage is moving (and can see it moving if I open a little bit the top of the printer).
But about 15 seconds later, the screen shows Error 6A00, and the green and orange leds are alternatively flashing.
When I open the top of the printer, the carriage doesn't move anymore (after moving when I switch on the printer, it stays on the left, but not above the purge block, just at the right of the purge block) and there's no light anymore on the carriage (but don't remember if there was some light on the carriage before or not). I can move it manually (it seems I'm lucky), so I can see that there is nothing stuck anywhere.
Should I clean the little pads in the purge block?
I really do not know what to do, I hope you will able to help me, cause it seems you are the specialist of that error.
Many thanks in advance for your answer.
;-)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/4/12 9:04 PM) reply + / -
troubadodur,... The error condition you have is part of a jam associated with the purge unit and/or carriage assembly. If you open the top cover and the carriage will still move to the left,..of if it is not locked in the far right park position,..then you are lucky. I will send you an email and when you reply with all your printer information I will be able to send you some instructions to attempt to clear the error.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mcguik31 (2/5/12 1:20 PM) reply + / -
Me too! Could I have the instructions on how to clear this error?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by JeepFanatic08 (2/5/12 5:02 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem as the others in this forum. I turn the printer off and then back on and all the parts move, and the printer head will move up and down, but not side to side. It is stuck in the same position.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/5/12 9:40 PM) reply + / -
mcguik31 & jwwpDabatuc08,... I will send both of you an email but I will not be able to help you until you provide sufficient information about your printer,..what it is doing,..what error message it is giving, and whether or not the carriage will move to the center or away from the park position,..or is it locked in the park position. In your response,..provide as much information as you can,...if you expect an answer. I will send you the information that I think can help with "Your Sepcific type of problem" Just because they all end up with the same error condition does not mean they all are failing the same way.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by JeepFanatic08 (2/5/12 10:26 PM) reply + / -
The carriage will not move to the center or away from the park position. The error occured after two printing jobs. There doesn't seem to be a jam, and my MP610 shows error 6A00 even after I turn it on, off, unplug it, or disconnect it from the computer.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/6/12 8:34 AM) reply + / -
Jeep,... I sent you a note yesterday with instruction,..and today you posted another note here. What happend and why didn't you reply to my email.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by k15smitty (2/6/12 11:11 AM) reply + / -
I have a similar problem to the ones described above. I have a Canon MP610 about three years old that gets little use and even less maintenance. Last week it began showing the 6A00 error and the carriage is not moving. Tried turning it off and unplugging it but nothing changes. Help please...

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by waunrhydd (2/6/12 1:02 PM) reply + / -
Hello, I have seen many instances of the 6A00 error in this forum and understand it is usually to do with the purge unit.

My printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process, regardess of where it is located along the shaft.
Please can you help

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mat1306 (2/10/12 8:01 AM) reply + / -
hi, i have the same error, what to do?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/10/12 8:34 AM) reply + / -
Mat1306,...This error comes when the excess ink in the purge area turns to GLUE and the purge unit wiper blades get stuck out of position. I am sending you an email and when you reply I will be able to send you some instructions to attempt to clear the jam.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by snoeka (edited 2/10/12 1:25 PM) reply + / -
And I also have the same problem. Cariage does not move on its own. What is the right procedure to fix this?

Never mind. Fixed it. Whiper was stuck. Pushed the stuck part down.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by cdelfi (2/11/12 5:52 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same issue can you help

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/11/12 9:00 PM) reply + / -
cdelfi,...I will send you a note but when you respond please answer a few questions. If you open the top cover does the carriage and the head still move to the center? If it does not move out, pull out the main power cord and then see if you can move it by hand. If it does neither, confirm that you can't move it by hand. Tell me about your ink, the type of ink carts,..and the ink you use.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by untechnical girl (2/13/12 3:43 AM) reply + / -
I get the error 6A00 on my printer but I could fix it myself and I´m a untechnical girl=S

First I called the canon support that told me that I had to left it to repariation. The support said that errorcode 6A00 means that something is wrong with the paper feeding.

I opened the printer and cleaned the right side with wet toiletpaper where the ink cartridge is. There was a lots of ink and there was a white thing( about 4* 4 cm) that I pulled back and forward. I don´t know but maybe the white thing was something with the feeding function. I thought that all the ink made the white thing get stuck but I´m not sure. At least my printer is working perfect again..=) So good luck with your printers and hope this will help someone at least=)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by gandkel (2/13/12 4:53 AM) reply + / -
I have the same error code. Tried unplugging etc but still getting the message. I can move the cartridges and have removed and put back in but it won't move on it's on. No idea what a purge unit or wiper blades are so any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/13/12 9:51 AM) reply + / -
untechnical girl,..You did a great job. However,..don't use toilet paper to clean. You run the risk of it tearing and leaving small bits inside the purge unit. Use tough paper towels that are barely wet. The little white thing,..LOL was the wiper blade assembly and you are correct,..it's job is to wipe all excess ink off of the bottom of the printhead and then dump that ink under the front BAR. Sometimes it gets so gummed up with sticky dry ink that it sticks under the front bar and if that happens the carriage will jam into it when it tries to park the head. This can be very damaging. You did the correct thing in cleaning it but you really need to be careful and use hot-wet paper towels (and wear a vinyl glove) and clean it as good as you can. Otherwise the same thing will happen in a month or so. If you have a syringe with a long needle you can spray some water on the wiper blades and the arm to wash off any excess ink. The water won't hurt anything and will evaporate. To do this open the top cover and when the carriage moves to the center pull out the power cord and now you can move the carriage by hand to the far left and out of the way.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by tilt69 (2/26/12 1:12 AM) reply + / -

There are no lights on the print head unit either for the ink cartridges.

In most instances it appears a detailed instruction list for disassembly/checking of the purge unit is sent - is it possible to get a copy of this please.

Many thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/26/12 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Tilt,... I got your email and I've sent you the files.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by gandkel (2/26/12 2:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937. Any chance you could send me the files too?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/27/12 9:00 AM) reply + / -
gandkel,...In order for me to send you any information you have to first send me an email. To start the process I will send you a short note and once you reply I will be able to send you the information. You must put the details about your printer in your note as I don't have time to come back here and seach for who you are or what note you posted.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by missymoo68 (3/2/12 7:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger1937,
Same issue as most of the posts before me...all the same things happen. Would you mind sending me throug some info. I'll respond to your first email as soon as it is received. Thanks heaps.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/4/12 8:44 AM) reply + / -
Missy,... I wish people would stop saying they have the same error,.. when there are over 200 posts on this thread and many are very different. Also, you could have sent me an email directly by just clicking on my ID above. How many seconds does it take to just list the problem so I don't have to guess?????

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by spikeefix (3/6/12 3:06 PM) reply + / -
Trigger, I've got this issue too. Sadly, my Canon MX850 is disassembled, but before I put it back together, please show me where to fix it.

Peace,
Fix

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by ed300 (3/16/12 1:20 AM) reply + / -
hi trigger1937

Can you help me with this 6a00 problem please
I cant seem to get into my printer it seems to be clear of rubbish
I tried clicking on your id but nothing appeared only my email address thanks..

ed300

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by WinfieldZenith (3/16/12 2:59 AM) reply + / -
Hi! Would you please tell me the way to disable the Ink Monitors on a Canon Pixma MP610?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/16/12 9:38 AM) reply + / -
Ed,... I got your email and I've sent the info you need.

Winfield,...The only reason you would ever need to "Ignore or disable the ink Monitor" is if you are refilling the Canon ink carts with your own ink. I think refilling is the correct thing to do,...but to protect your printer you should buy a chip resetter off of eBay and when you refill your ink just reset the chip on the ink cart. Only use the Canon ink carts to refill. Believe me,..the ink monitor will save you from running the ink dry one day and burning out the printhead.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Frank88888888 (3/16/12 2:58 PM) reply + / -

There are no lights on the print head unit either for the ink cartridges.

Many thanks

Frank

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by claretrev (3/26/12 11:37 PM) reply + / -
Hi I had the same problem as Frank88888888.wiped purge heads with wet tissue,problem fixed ,thank you very much for the advice

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by GLS (3/29/12 8:35 AM) reply + / -
I got this printer from a friend. After the 6A00 error I tried moving the printer head back & forth to no avail. He told me that he had turned it upside down and then the priner worked. Worked for me too. How long this will last - who knows.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by domavery (4/2/12 4:05 AM) reply + / -
I Have the same issue,

after trying to reach in and clean the best I can it lasts for a couple of days then stops again, I have emailed Trigger1937 for assistance, Many thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/2/12 8:37 AM) reply + / -
domavery,... I got your email and have sent you the information.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by vincemacpaul (4/2/12 9:36 AM) reply + / -
You're a Godsend trigger. Many thanks for hanging in there through all of our misplaced frustrations that get targeted towards you somehow. Many post gone through. The short...MP500, 6A00, 3 years great service, refill with chip resetter for last 2/3 refills on all colors, no problem. Carriage moves freely with power off. The slidey thingy on the right looks like a purple martinan aborted on it and it's really sticky when I try to move it with a screwdriver. I think a good cleaning is all it needs. I'm a big guy and can pick up 2 basketballs off the ground with one hand. My hand ain't getten in there. I understand you have detailed cleaning instructions? Thanks trigger.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by imomam (4/6/12 7:49 AM) reply + / -
looks like i have to join the 6a00 error group. its giving the same error like everybody elses. it does the whirling and then gives the error.

trigger seems to be the godsend on this post, so Im hoping that I can get a bit of help as well.

i use my printer fairly often, so I am not sure if its dried ink. the day it failed, i had just printed about 30 pages, and then it stopped. I pulled the inks and the small housing they fit into, and cleaned it with a dry qtip. the housing was quite inked up, but this didnt fix my error. any help would be super appreciated

greg

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by vincemacpaul (4/6/12 8:30 AM) reply + / -
Welcome to the group imomam. There's plenty of crying rags to go around, haha. Trigger is going to fix all of our printers. He has detailed info to send you but you must email him to get it, too big for the forum with pics. I can only tell you where I am to date with the attempt to fix the problem. I have a MP500, but they're all about the same. If you zip through some of the earlier post here, you'll find that most problems are solved by sliding the ink carriage all the way to the left and with skinny fingers and hands (not mine), clean the wiper blades the best you can with a dozen hot, damp folded paper towels. I used chop sticks as someone earlier had suggested. That and look closely for anything that might be jammed in around the wiper blades such as paper clips or chads of paper. Click on triggers name any place you see in in blue and describe your problem. He'll quickly respond. I'm waiting for a cd he's sending me with detailed instruction as that cleaning didn't fix the error for me. Good luck.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/7/12 10:04 PM) reply + / -
Vince,...You should have the CD by now and working on your printer. Let me know what problems you are having and I will see if I can figure out a better fix.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by vincemacpaul (4/7/12 10:13 PM) reply + / -
Not yet Bud. With Good Friday yesterday, I'm sure it will be here Monday. Looking forward to working with you. Thanks again for all your help.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by elegendd (4/24/12 8:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi
am having same error A600 with my Canon MP610... don't know what it is.. and too scared to check anything without instructions... as soon as i turn it on the error comes up and lights go flashing...

Help please???

Much appreciated

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/24/12 7:11 PM) reply + / -
elegendd,.... The 6A00 error code is for a jammed purge unit. The first thing to try is to open you top cover and see if the carrriage and the head still move to the center. If they do then you are somewhat lucky as you can proceed with several things. I will send you a note and once you reply I will be able to send you the instructions via a return email. Make sure you remind me of what printer you have and what things you have done and what the results were.

Re: Canon Pixma MP600 error 6A00 by shirls (5/3/12 8:21 PM) reply + / -
error code 6A00; cartridge moves manually right and left but does not move when unit is powered on. I removed all ink cartridges and checked openings; also when I check with a flashlight I don't see any foreign objects. What else can I do?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by vincemacpaul (edited 5/3/12 8:52 PM) reply + / -
Hi shirls. You need to click on the blue address "trigger1937" above and send Bud an email. He has personal info to send you addressing your issue and a general check off list for common fixes. The info is too big to post online on forums. He'll work with you in emails online. You have to email him. Good luck.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/3/12 8:51 PM) reply + / -
Shirls,... So far you have done everything right. I am sending you an email and when you respond I will be able to send you some instruction to continue the test of your printer. Make sure you include the note above of what you have done.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by magicalmerlin (5/9/12 5:24 AM) reply + / -
I would love to receive the email re the purge unit as I would love to be able to fix my similar problem please!!

Thanks in anticipation - I can only do magic tricks whereas I hear you do "Printer Tricks"!!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Turkster (5/9/12 4:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger,

can you please email me the file too for the 6A00 error code ?

Regards

Paul

ringadingdong@gmail.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/9/12 9:37 PM) reply + / -
Turkster,... OK.,.. I got your email and have sent the files

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/10/12 9:17 PM) reply + / -
magicmerlin,... First things first. I will send you an email and once you reply then I will be able to send you the intructions. Make sure you list your name, printer model number, and what the problem is. I don't come back to this web page to try and match up you name and your email address.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by patamino (5/28/12 8:05 AM) reply + / -
My Canon Pixma MX850 stopped in the middle of a printing job and showed the error 6A00. There is no paper jam and the alarm light flashes. I've tried turning it off and on several times and the error message comes up every time. I did disconnect the power cord as well.
The print head containing the ink moves when I push it but not when I raise the cover. I cleaned where I could.

Please let me know what else I can do. Thank you

Pat

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by MIKEDUNN3 (5/28/12 2:51 PM) reply + / -
Can you please send me the file also. mikedunn4@gmail.com

Thanks,

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by vincemacpaul (5/28/12 4:17 PM) reply + / -
patamini and MIKEDUNN3, you'll have to email trigger1937 directly by clicking on his blue name on one of his replies above. Make sure you list your name, printer model number, and what the problem is in the box and hit the "sent email to trigger1937" box at the lower left. He'll then send you an email containing a file that is too big to post on this forum that will fix most printer problems. He will work with you further if that doesn't resolve the issue through emails. Good Luck.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/28/12 10:10 PM) reply + / -
Patamino,...Mike,.... I am sending you a short note and when you respond with you name and printer and problem id,..I will be able to send you the info you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by fantasyflights (7/7/12 5:41 PM) reply + / -
Help! My Cannon pixma MP830 is also displaying the 6A00. I would be very grateful if you would please help me fix this! The ink carriage can slide (it is not fixed). When I turn the printer on it shows the 6A00 error message and the green copy button and yellow alarm button blink consecutively. Just before the buttons begin to blink, I hear a sound as if something is stuck/not moving as it should be. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/8/12 8:33 PM) reply + / -
Fantasy,... I got your direct note and I have sent you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Batter (7/13/12 4:19 AM) reply + / -
Canon MP830

This is my friend's printer which she uses infrequently. The printer first showed the error after a paper jammed and she yanked it out (no tearing though). She opened the printer cover and noticed leaking cyan cartridge. She cleaned the ink and replaced the cartridge. Error 6A00 still showing. Printer makes a slight skuffing/gutteral type noise when printer turned on again. White thingy moves easily as does the carriage. No debris. Still does not work. No lights on the cartridges.
I took the printer home and following all the wonderful advice in this forum, I cleaned sponges, printer head, timing ribbon, and as much of the purge unit as I could without disassembling the computer with qtips, paper towels, water and/or windex. The timing ribbon has a few tiny dots of blue ink. I used on different occasions either alcohol or windex to clean them but the spots were not removed.Turned printer on, cartridges all light up and the carriage is moving.I am ecstatic. But then I look closely and I see that the black rectangular sponge at the purge unit is loose and being moved to the left by the printer head. I quickly hit stop/reset button. Now I am back to square one. I have turned the machine on and off and/or uplugged/replugged many times. Now the printer head cylinder turns, the white things underneath move up and down, the printing head moves up and down but not left and right along the cylinder, the white thingy on the purge unit is back, the sponges are up even
with the wipers. I cleaned and soaked everything again with windex, paper towels and qtips. No change. I pushed down on the purge sponges. They move up and down freely but return to the up position.
I removed the top of the printer case. Looked everywhere, found no debris. Cleaned with water and/or windex. Did not find anything stuck. Turned the machine on, printer head moved about 2 inches to the right and stopped. Now back to no printer head left/right movement, no lights on the cartridges. The purge unit moves up and down as does the printer head for about a second and then it makes a click sound and everything stops.
What else should I try? I was wanting to help my friend, but this has already consumed several days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by Jerry7740 (7/20/12 10:49 AM) reply + / -
trigger1937,
I have read all your/other posts for problems and cures for the Canon MP830 error code 6A00 and none have worked for me. My Canon MP830 gives the 6A00 error code with alternately blinking alarm/copy lights. The printer worked last night at bed time after printing maybe 30 pages duplexed, but this morning had the ink carrage parked on the right end of the printer and showing the error code when I came to my office. (I refill my own ink cartridges and re-set the cartridges with a device purchased from the ink supplier. And it has always worked great.) Fortunately I can move the ink carrage by hand, but no matter how many time I go through on/off procedures it remains where I leave it and the ink cartridges are not lit. When I turn off/on the printer (Lid open and carrage pushed fully to the left) I can see the shaft turn and lift the ink cartridge carrer, but the wiper or purge unit sponges do not move.
I have done the following to try for a cure: On/Off and unplug numerous times. Check for any crud-stuff in the machine especially in the ink purge area. Removed and replaced ink cartridges. Completely cleaned the purge sponges, purge unit area, and wiper with windex and paper towells. I am able to push the purge spunges unit down about 1/4" and the unit (both sponges, the square and rectangular one) returns to their original position. AND I am able to put my finger just back of the wiper blade on the white plactic part and move it front to back about 1/8" and it returns to its original position. There is a white platic arm sticking out purpendicular to front of printer case and just to the right of the white plastic platform part that the wiper is attached to and move it up and down about 1/4" and it returns to its original position. After all this I still get the error code.
I like my Canon and especially my easy ability to refill the ink cartridges, so your help with advice for a cure and for future maintainance would be greatly appreciated. I also have and use a Canon MX860 that will probably need the same on-going maintainence??
P.S. I have discovered a very good/easy technique for refilling my ink cartridges and would be glad to share it if anyone is interested. I have figured out where to drill a hole to refill the cartridge and it does not need to be plugged and it does not leak, so is quick, easy, relatively clean and saves lots of bucks. Thanks again...hope this is not too long.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/20/12 10:45 PM) reply + / -
jerry7740,... From your note it seems you have done all that you can do up top but but those actions typically only work for simple jams or parts of the purge unit that are stuck due to globs of old ink that cause things to stick. You are now at the point where you will have to disassemble the printer to get at all the parts of the purge unit. I am sending you this note so you can send me a response and once I get that I can provide you more information about my Repair Manuals which are designed to teach you how to fix anything in your Canon printer. Since I don't come back to this web site to try and find out who your are and what your problem is,..you need to put all that information into your response.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mespa901 (7/23/12 4:05 PM) reply + / -
I have been having the same problems with my canon mp830 and tried the same things as these two posts...

"Hello, I have seen many instances of the 6A00 error in this forum and understand it is usually to do with the purge unit.

Then...

"I have done the following to try for a cure: On/Off and unplug numerous times. Check for any crud-stuff in the machine especially in the ink purge area. Removed and replaced ink cartridges. Completely cleaned the purge sponges, purge unit area, and wiper with windex and paper towells. I am able to push the purge spunges unit down about 1/4" and the unit (both sponges, the square and rectangular one) returns to their original position. AND I am able to put my finger just back of the wiper blade on the white plactic part and move it front to back about 1/8" and it returns to its original position. There is a white platic arm sticking out purpendicular to front of printer case and just to the right of the white plastic platform part that the wiper is attached to and move it up and down about 1/4" and it returns to its original position. After all this I still get the error code."

Would you be able to help me, please?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/23/12 5:00 PM) reply + / -
mespa901,... It sounds like you've done all the easy stuff and that you have proved this is not a 6A00 (jam) caused by sticky wiper blades or ink pads out of place. The good news is that the carriage is free and you can move it. Because the visibility is very limited you need to got the the next step. I am sending you this email and when you reply I will be able to send you more information. Please repeat all your info.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by colourfulcanvas (9/4/12 4:17 PM) reply + / -
I changed the printer from fax to copy and it came up Error code 6A00 can you help please.
The machine is over 5 year old but has been working perfectly till now. I have turned it off and waited then turned it back on but nothing.

Regards Chris

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by sjb2201 (9/9/12 3:00 AM) reply + / -
Hi jre88494
You made a post come time ago about this error and i have almost exactly the same issue, except for the 'brief whirring noise'.
I wonder if you still have the email that was sent to you by another user of how to solve it, and whether you may be able to pass it on?
Many thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/10/12 6:07 PM) reply + / -
sjb2201,... Yes I still have all of the information about most Canon printers. I will send this short email and when you reply to it I will be able to send you the file you need. Please list your printer model number and error code.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by VanGogh (9/15/12 5:41 AM) reply + / -
I am also having the same error, could you please send me some info on how to repair this problem and how to clean the purge unit.
Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/15/12 11:06 AM) reply + / -
VanGogh,.... I am sending you this short note and when you reply with your printer model number and error code I will be able to send you some files to test your machine.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by chrisd0521 (9/15/12 11:32 AM) reply + / -
trigger1937 - you've helped a lot of people here, so hoping you can help me. My Canon MP610 has the 6A00 error and won't work. The carriage still moves fine...I had previously had this error and read your posts, and after wiping the print heads it worked once and then the error came back. I would appreciate your help if you could please send me info on how to fix this problem.

Thank you!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/15/12 5:15 PM) reply + / -
Chrisd,...It seems that too much ink has turned to glue and is sticking at other locations. Try spraying some windex on all the areas that you cleaned before and then BLOT THE EXCESS OFF. Be carefull not to damage the wiper blads or you could pull one off and it will drop into the bottom. Make sure you clean the front wiper blade. Test the rear wiper blade by gently pulling if forward and then release it. It should snap back to the home position. If none of this helps then send me a note by clicking on my user id and tell me the problem. I will provide more information.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by joshbuys (9/16/12 9:41 PM) reply + / -
Trigger, will you e-mail me? my computer won't let me click your e-mail, same problem everyone else is having, MP610, powers up, print head moves up and down, doesn't move side to side at all, can move freely by hand. thanks!!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by joshbuys (9/21/12 7:23 AM) reply + / -
I figured it out, the roller inside the purge unit had come out and was binding up the purge unit from rotating, it had sucked the hose back into it which I believe is what caused the roller to become dislodged.

I put the hose back where it goes, re-installed the roller and voila my printer works again! =D

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by sjb2201 (9/21/12 7:42 AM) reply + / -
Well trigger1937 advice helped and finally managed to attempt the fix last night. Not sure of all the part names but I am sure it was a case of the wiper being stuck in position which I managed to clean and release. I also cleaned the whole area at the same time. I had to dismantle the printer and remove the top which I did as carefully as possible. On reconnecting though I now have another error message! Can anyone help with that one? It is error 5010.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/21/12 8:07 AM) reply + / -
Josh,...Congratulations on a job well done. Most people would not have tackled such a difficult task as what you have done. You not only took the printer totally apart but then you went deeper and disassembled the guts of the purge unit and took the vacuum pump apart and found and fixed the problem. I am very impressed. If you need a 2nd job I can send you 30 or 40 printers to repair. What makes me say is that you didn't ask for my help along the way.

Sjb2201,...the 5010 error code is telling you that the scanner head can not find the home position. This can be caused by serveral items such as a foggy or dirty underside of the scanner glass which prevents the scanner head from finding the home parking position,.. several other things. If you need more help just click on my USER ID and send me a note.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by joshbuys (9/21/12 6:53 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Trigger, I am an auto technician, and I have to fix everything that comes in the door, so I'm kinda used to fixing things(usually much bigger than my printer), but that's what I do, I FIX....

So my wife needed the printer(getting stuff ready for her sisters wedding) and it worked fine 10 minutes before, and for the last 3+ years, so when I got the info that the problem was in that purge unit I started messing with it, it took a couple hours to do some research and fix, but it had to work.... =D

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by stonemsp (10/10/12 4:17 PM) reply + / -
please send me info how to resolve 6A00 error. Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/10/12 5:32 PM) reply + / -
stonemsp,... I am sending you a short note and when reply with your printer model number and the 6A00 error code I will be able to send you the test files you need.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma error 6A00 by tvnews3 (10/16/12 8:35 AM) reply + / -
I have the same error message with my Canon Pixma IP3000. Is it possible to get that same email that explains how to fix it? Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by shogdad (10/22/12 4:32 AM) reply + / -
trigger1937, I have the same printer, same error code, same problems mentioned at the start of this thread. Would you mind sending me the obviously very helpful instructions that you sent the others on this forum? Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/22/12 9:52 PM) reply + / -
Shogdad,....I am sending you this note and when you reply with your printer model number and error codes I will be able to send you the files you need. I do not come back here to find out who you are as you email is all I will see.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by aeck78 (10/26/12 1:43 PM) reply + / -
trigger1937,

I have the same printer (MP610), same error code (6A00) as mentioned in the original post. Can you send me the instructions you mention here in the forum?

Thank you!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/27/12 9:19 PM) reply + / -
Aeck78,... I am sending you this short note and when you reply to this email I will have the ability to send you the instructions you need to investigate this error in detail. Make sure you mention your printer model number and the error code in you email and any other information that may help me to provide accurate data.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by T'Tac (11/2/12 3:38 AM) reply + / -
Good day trigger1937,

I am having the identical problem described in this thread with my 3 year old MP610 concerning the 6A00 error message. This problem persists with the cleaning of the printer catridge components. I relise that the amount of questions you answer in this thread is enormous and im sorry to ask for your time, but could you please send these much talked about instructions to my email?

Thankyou

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/2/12 9:58 AM) reply + / -
T-Tac,... I am sending you this short not via email and when you send a reply with the model number of your printer and a description of the problems I will be able to send you the test instructions that you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by emathukutty (11/13/12 10:36 AM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger, having the same problem- with error 6a00 on MP 830 printer. Please advice. I will check my email and respond to yours as soon as I get it. emathukutty at g mail

thanks a lot!

Liz

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/13/12 9:53 PM) reply + / -
Liz,.. I am sending you this short email and when you reply with your printer model number and the error code I will be able to send you the instructions you need via email.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Catpiers22 (11/23/12 8:07 AM) reply + / -
Hi - Can you help me? I jammed a piece of paper in the printer from the back feed and I know there is paper stuck inside - I get the 6400 error code and I do not know what to do? I have turned it off and on and unplugged it several times. The yellow and green LED lights are flashing and the thing that holds the ink is moving -the roller is rolling and the spinner is spinning!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Catpiers22 (11/23/12 8:17 AM) reply + / -
Can you help me?

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Terence Dringen (11/23/12 10:23 AM) reply + / -
Could you please send me the same files you sent tilt69.
I have their same problem including no carriage lights.

I have cleaned the purge unit via instructions from another site and all seems in order but the carriage does not move no matter where it is and there are no lights on it other than the alternately flashing copy and alarm lights on the front of the unit.

Printer:
Canon Pixma MP830

I also have an associates degree in Audio Technology with lots of electronic experience building and tearing things apart but this has me stumped.

Thanx for your time in advance.
Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Terry
talanad@yahoo.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/26/12 10:02 AM) reply + / -
Terry,.. I have sent you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by froggy1350 (11/28/12 10:53 AM) reply + / -

I'm having the same problem as everyone else with my PIXMA MX850. Could I also get the files?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mickey2007 (11/28/12 10:57 AM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger

I am having the same issues as most users in here. Suddenly my Canon MP610 is displaying error code 6A00. I would love the instructions as well to see if I can fix the issue myself.

Thanks in advance,
Mickey

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/28/12 1:00 PM) reply + / -
mickey,... I am sending you this email and when you reply I will have your address and will be able to send you the information you need. Please list your printer model number and the error code again in the reply.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jhello (11/30/12 7:48 AM) reply + / -
I have have the same problem with same error message. Could you please send me the guide/help?

thanks!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/30/12 9:21 AM) reply + / -
Jhello,... I am sending you a short email and when you reply to that note with your printer model number and error code I will be able to send you the information you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP530 error 6A00 by BSTEVE46 (12/3/12 6:38 PM) reply + / -
I have same problem that all in this Forum are experiencing. The first error message was 5100 which meant something jammed. I looked and didn't see anything jammed. I unplugged and then plugged back in and turned on printer and got the 6A00 message. Please send me the guide/help info. Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/3/12 10:27 PM) reply + / -
bsteve,... I am sending you a short email and when your reply to it and list your printer model number and the 6A00 error code I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by ron2x69 (12/4/12 3:00 PM) reply+1 + / -
My MP600 has given me great service for 5 years, but recently it started putting white streaks down the length of about 1/3 of the lines on each page I printed of a Word document. Then today, I suddenly get an Error Code: 6A00. I have been through all the cleaning procedures, but when I try to print I get the error message. I cleaned a lot of ink gunk out of the area to the right of the cartridges, but that hasn't helped. The cartridge carrier moves freely on the post. Any ideas? Thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by tomzed (edited 12/4/12 7:24 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937. Would you please send me the file(s) you've mentioned for the 6A00 error on a MP610. I get it when I turn it on. I read somewhere else that using a pencil to reseat the sponge fixes the problem and it did for a while but the error is now happening regularly. Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/4/12 10:26 PM) reply + / -
Tomzed,.... I am sending you this short email and when you reply with your printer model number and the error codes I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by tomzed (edited 12/4/12 11:00 PM) reply + / -
Please ignore this post. I can't figure out how to delete it, only edit. :(

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by BSTEVE46 (12/5/12 1:14 PM) reply + / -
Trigger1937. I am still waiting for the files to fix my Canon MP530, I did reply to your e-mail a day ago, but haven't received anything from you yet. Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by ron2x69 (12/5/12 2:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi, Trigger1937,

Printer: HP Pixma MP600, 5 years old. Never had a problem before.
Problem: For past 2 weeks, it has been printing white streaks down the length of about 1/3 of the lines on each page of my Word documents.
Attempts to fix: I've tried all of the recommended cleaning procedures 2-3 times. No fix.
New Problem: Won't print at all and I get Error Message Code 6A00. I have to fix this immediately, or I'm going to have to buy a new printer.

From what I read above, Trigger1837, you have a fix that you are generously sending to people like me who need help solving this problem. I will be forever in your debt if you can help me fix this problem. Thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/5/12 8:10 PM) reply + / -
Ron,... I am sending you this short email and when you reply with your printer model number and error codes I will send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by scott70 (12/27/12 9:39 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937,
I have a Canon Pixma MP600. For the last two days I have been trying to clear Error Code 6A00. I noticed you have helped many people with this issue. I would be very grateful if you sent me the files to attempt to fix the issue. I have had no other issues with this printer that I have owned for many years. Thank you in advance.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by tomivar (12/27/12 11:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937

I have a Canon Pixma MP610 with error code 6A00.
Can you help me?

Thanks

t

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/27/12 7:42 PM) reply + / -
To any an all people that would like more information about their printer problems,..just click on my USER ID and send me an email with your printer model number and the error code or problem description. I will reply by email.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by amberbells (12/29/12 9:01 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I'm having this error code and would love someone to help me solve it please. My printer is often left for 5 to 8 weeks without being used. Is this the cause of the problem Is there any way ( once I've got my printer working again) to alleviate this problem?
Thanks
Amberbells

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/29/12 10:55 AM) reply + / -
Amber,...This is a very common problem and yes it is caused because you don't use your printer or print anything for long periods. The ink begins to dry on many things and then can cause some parts to stick together and not function. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with an email and your printer model number and error code I will be able to send you the instruction that may help resolve the problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by anthonyemg (1/2/13 10:04 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I had the 6A00 error on my Canon MP610 so I "googled" the issue and found this thread. Saw that trigger1937 was the guy to email so after signing up on fixyourownprinter.com and sending him an email he sent me detailed instructions/info within an hour! I ended up reading his instructions and then took apart the printer. There are a total of 6 screws to take the main parts apart. Two in the front and 4 in the back. Once you remove the screws there are various clips to bend to remove the parts. After all of that it turned out that a safety pin was stuck between the ink pads! Removed it and followed the instructions to clean the area since I had it open. Printer now works perfectly!

Soooo if you want to fix your printer email trigger1937 immediately! Good luck!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/2/13 10:10 PM) reply + / -
Anthony,...You did a great job. I am amazed that nothing was broken inside the purge unit especially after seeing the picture of the Safety pin jammed into the purge unit wiper blades. Can you imagine the damage if the carriage and the printhead had jammed into the Safety Pin. By the way,..the pin was OPEN. Also you did not explain how it got their???? Ha Ha Ha.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Ablohm (1/3/13 4:38 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I have the same problem, but with a MP500. I've turned if off and on. I've been using a combination of Canon's own cartridges and some aftermarket ones from Rymans. Perhaps the last leaked and caused this problem. The printer is around 3 years old, but lightly used. I checked if anything got stuck in there, but it seems to be clear. I've removed the cartridges now. Any advice from you would be most appreciated.

Alex

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/3/13 8:49 AM) reply + / -
Alex,..You are lucky if you were able to get at and remove the head and/or ink carts as this means the carriage is not locked in the home position. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with your printer model number and error code I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by GraDixon (1/19/13 1:43 PM) reply + / -
Hello, MP610 Error 6A00. two lights flashing. Ink carts holder can be moved when power removed. Not used often but ink carts do not seem to last long. Majority of printing is B&W text but colours still go down.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/19/13 7:55 PM) reply + / -
GaDixon,...You are lucky it is not a hard jam as many of the 6A00 error conditions are. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with your printer model number and the error code I will be able to send you some instructions to isolate the problem.

Canon MP530 error 6A00 by alexfraser10 (1/21/13 10:10 AM) reply + / -
Good Day,

My canon MP530 printer has a 'check printer 6A00' message. The ink carts holder can't move when powered off and on.

Help pls ASAP anyone

Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by gstock (1/26/13 6:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi - My MP610 gets the 6A00 message. It powers up, moves through the standard start-up activities, moves the printer head back and forth and then there are the alternating green and amber lights. I can move the printer head manually. I understand from reading some of the previous posts that there may be instructions on how to avoid tossing my printer out the window. Please advise. Thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP600 error 6A00 by Pasch73 (1/27/13 4:59 AM) reply + / -
Trigger,

I too have to join this happy bunch of frustrated 6A00-folks. I got the MP600, it will start and sound just as normal, but upon trying to print or copy I get the error-code. The wipers can be moved manually, the sponges can be pressed down a bit. (However, I don't know if they come up all the way they should.) Now I'm ready to disassemble and clean the whole thing, if you kindly could send me the instructions used by the others.

Thank in advance!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Pasch73 (1/27/13 6:18 AM) reply + / -
Me again,

are these sponges stuck in the lower position? I don't know if this is parked where it should be.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/dsc3117a.jpg/

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/27/13 8:20 AM) reply + / -
Parsch,..That is a pretty good pictures and yes it appears that either they are stuck in the down position or the purge unit is jammed about half way through a cycle. It also appears that you have the top cover off since there is no way you could get that picture. I am sending you this note as an email and whey you reply with your printer model number and problem description I will be able to send you some instructions to fix this problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by cagrone1939 (2/1/13 12:46 PM) reply + / -
I am experiencing the same symptoms on my Canon MP970 as most of these folks in regard to the 6A00 error. The error pops up quite frequently along with the flashing blue and amber lights. I can usually reset by turning on/off as Canon suggests, but it doesn't last very long until it happens again. The print quality is also quite poor with white strips, especially on pictures although I have run through cleaning and deep cycle cleaning.

Can you help or should I punch a hole in the top and plant flowers?

Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/1/13 9:51 PM) reply + / -
cagrone1939,... It sounds like it is just full of a lot of old sticky ink. I am sending you a short email and when you reply to my email with your printer model number and what error code you have I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by rk001 (2/6/13 6:34 AM) reply + / -
Trigger - can you forward the email and pictures to me for fixing the 6A00 error on the MP830?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/6/13 9:14 AM) reply + / -
RK001,... First I have to send you this email so you can send me an email back with the printer model number and the error code. Then I will be able to send back the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by jk20126 (2/21/13 10:33 AM) reply + / -
Hello Trigger,

I can see how you have helped the masses with this problem - I am hoping I can be one of the fortunate ones to benefit from your experience.

My Canon Pixma MP830 will power on, a whirring sound occurs, and then the error message displays with the LED lights blinking in alternate patterns. I have attempted to clean the printer heads and the ink cartridges but with no success. Then I saw that I was not the only one. The error message continues and the lights blink.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/21/13 5:22 PM) reply + / -
jk20126,,.. good post, great spelling, and for that you get a "B+". However since your post has no significant information I don't have a clue on how to help you. You get a "D-" What was the error messge? How many "Blinking light"? Where the lights alternate Green and yellow and did you count the number of yellow? Or was it a Green followed by "N" yellow (or Orange). When you reply to this short email I am sending with all of that information and the fact that you have a MP830 I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jk20126 (2/21/13 8:00 PM) reply + / -
Hello Trigger,

The error message is:
Error
6A00
Error Code

The printer is a Canon MP 830.

The "copy" (green) light blinks then the "Alarm" (orange) light in alternating sequence in a cycle of twelve. Then the "copy" light stays on for an extra two seconds before the cycle of twelve repeats itself.

And thanks for noticing the great spelling - it's not for lack of effort.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/22/13 9:17 AM) reply + / -
jk20126,.. This time you get an "F". You either didn't read all of my note or understand it. I can't SEND you ANY INFORMATION via this website. You have to REPLY to my email by REPLYING to my EMAIL which will give me your address. That is why I sent you an EMAIL so you would have my address.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by blimeyo (2/23/13 4:33 AM) reply + / -
Trigger1937, sounds like you are the sort of person we should all be thankful still exist in this day and age of getting ripped off by big stores/Corporates...

After the plaudits now the problem. Printing on my MP610 the other day, just getting to the end of the print job (around 16 pages) and the printer just stopped, powered down and has never been able to power back up.

Never had any problems with this printer in the 4.5 yrs we've had it and hasn't been hammered in terms of usage.

I've checked out AC input and DC output on the PSU and all seems OK from that perspective.

Main Q I have is are there any instructions anyone can mail me to get into the printer to carry out some of the potential fixes above.

Thanks
Blimeyo...

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/24/13 10:11 PM) reply + / -
Blimeyo,....You have probably already tried this since you've test the AC adapter,..but pull out the power cord and let it set for several minutes. Better yet,.. Remove the AC adapter and power cord for several minutes. Then put it back and see if you can power the unit on. If it won't come on and you've test the AC adapter, then you know that there is some kind of short inside the printer, probably on the logic board,..or one detected by the logic board. The logic card will not let the unit power on if it things there is some kind of internal short,...this is by design to prevent something from burning up. The only way to do further testing would be to take the printer apart and take the printhead out and retest then. If you want more info on how to do this then click on my user ID and send me an email with all the information.

Re: Canon Pixma MP530 error 6A00 by cwatsron (2/25/13 6:59 AM) reply + / -
After 5 years of solid service my MP530 has the 6A00 error. The carrier for the ink cartridges moves freely but about 30 seconds after power up and some miscellaneous sounds, the amber alert light starts flashing. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/25/13 9:36 AM) reply + / -
cwatsron,... I am sending you this short email and when you send me back a reply email with your printer model number and the error code I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by macyam (3/3/13 2:21 PM) reply + / -
Request advice on how to correct Canon MP-610 error code 6A00 (I have seen many other posts.) Please send me the files and/or instructions on how to fix this. Many thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/4/13 8:54 AM) reply + / -
macyam,...I am sending you this short email and when you send back your email reply I will be able to send you the info you need.

Canon Pixma MP610 - no error message by fleabay (3/4/13 12:23 PM) reply + / -
I have a problem where printing just stops at various stages on the page and I get a message on the computer stating there was an error but nothing on the printer itself. I have to click [cancel] on the computer. When I do, the printer shoots out the paper.
All ink cartridges are showing as full but if I choose to print in greyscale then it will print the page correctly.

I have the MP610 and am running on Windows XP.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/6/13 8:44 AM) reply + / -
Fleabay,....Try printing only a nozzle test print from you PC. Also, remove all ink carts and check the chips up front to see if there is any ink on them and clean them. Make sure they are reinstalled and locked in place. You may have to Remove the printer (uninstall it) and then re-install it to replace the driver on the PC.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jonton (3/8/13 4:33 AM) reply + / -
This article might be helpful:
http://www.mytechtime.com/2013/02/error-6a00-on-canon-pixma.html

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by in2itse (3/14/13 12:47 PM) reply + / -
Now I have the same problem... MP 610 6A00 error. And Im just about to start typing a big work for school... really bad timing of my printer :(

How did you solve this?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/14/13 3:45 PM) reply + / -
in2itse,... I will send you this quick email and when you send back your reply by email with your printer model number and error code I will be able to send you the files you need.

Bud

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by symbiot (3/16/13 6:02 AM) reply + / -
i just slamed mine on the table it works now

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by badmonkey (3/22/13 12:07 PM) reply + / -
Would you please send me more information...

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/22/13 7:23 PM) reply + / -
Badmonkey,...I will send you this short email and "IF" you reply to it with more information about your print and the error code I will send you some files.

Symboit,... you got luck one time,..what will you do the next time,..hit it with a hammer?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Fredrik (3/24/13 4:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem as the original post of this topic. Could you send me some information on how to get rid of the problem?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/24/13 9:01 AM) reply + / -
Fredrik,... I have sent you the information.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by remilah (3/24/13 9:28 AM) reply + / -
Now I have the same problem... MP 610 6A00 error.
The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/24/13 9:59 AM) reply + / -
remilah,... I am sending you this short email note and when you REPLY to it with your email I will be able to send you the files you need. Please list your printer model number and error code.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by macyam (3/24/13 1:14 PM) reply + / -
Trigger1937 - thanks for the help and pelase send me the information (macyam@verizon.net)

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Fredrik (3/25/13 4:51 AM) reply + / -
Trigger1937, could you send it again? I probably deleted it by accident.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by bobroc (3/25/13 11:03 AM) reply + / -
recently changed all ink cartridges since they were all pretty much out or near depleted. Printer was functioning properly prior. After install of new cartridges, printer error code: 6A00 appears. I looked as best i could to see if there was any obstruction but found none. No paper jams, etc. Printer goes thru normal startup, but print ink heads do not slide left or right in that process. I think i remember it sliding on normal startup.
Please help

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by pvrbulls (3/25/13 5:23 PM) reply + / -
My printer is an MX850. It's giving the 6A00 error, also. The Print head moves but doesn't come all the way out to the center when the lid is opened. I have examined the two pads and they freely move up and down about 1/4". The wipers "appear" to be in their proper home position. It is so tight in there that I have not attempted yet to move the wipers. Any thoughts?

Regards,

pvrbulls

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by pvrbulls (3/25/13 7:48 PM) reply + / -
To trigger1937:

Just a bit of an update. I moved the printer to the kitchen table where I could more easily work on it(getting way to old to get down on my knees!) There I cleaned parts around the purge pump as best I could, including the clear plastic tape, which did have a tiny bit of ink on it. None of this appeared, at first, to have made any difference. By holding down the cover switch, I was able to observe the two ink pads drop down, followed shortly by the wipers cycling out and then back in apparently as they are supposed to. The print head went back and forth, and up and down, several times and appeared to be moving as it is supposed to. Most of the time, however, the cycle ended with the head stopped just to the left of its home/parked position with the 6A00 error. I discovered, though, that if I manually move the print head to its home position, then turn off the printer, then turn the printer back on that... sometimes... it will cycle correctly without the 6A00 error!

I have now reconnected to the computer and used the above described procedure until it cycled successfully. It has successfully printed a two sided document and has apparently properly cycled back home... and has now gone to "sleep." I have absolutely no confidence, however, that it will last. Any help or suggestions would certainly be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

pvrbulls

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (3/25/13 8:35 PM) reply + / -
Bobroc & pvrbulls,... There are dozens of parts and gears involved with the 6A00 error and any one of them can cause the error condition. It does not sound as if either of you have a jam condition and therefore you are lucky. I am sending you this note as an email and when you send back your email with the printer model number and error condition I will be able to send you some instructions.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by bop (3/27/13 2:11 PM) reply + / -
Trigger1937

Hello I also have an MP610 with the 6A00 error can you also help me out.

With thanks
Bop

Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by nicnac (4/6/13 2:33 PM) reply + / -
Hello

I see lots of happy people after being helped with a problem similar to mine. Hope you can help me too.....

I had a paper jam - cleared. then code 5100 which was also sorted.

I had found bits of dried leaves from a houseplant in the workings - so blew/picked out/moved the printer on different sides/upsidedown (and once forgot to lock the moveable bits!)/brushed out bits.

Now I have error 6A00

The printer head (?with the cartridges) is stuck in the right hand position.

Maybe I have 'dried' out the moveable parts with the brush and it needs oil - but I am reluctant to spray WD40......

And the few screws I can see don't seem to loosen the casing.

any ideas?

Thank you

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by BL77388 (4/8/13 4:50 PM) reply + / -
trigger1937, I'm having a similar issue with the same Service error code (6A00). I'd appreciate your sending the email fix. Thanx!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/8/13 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Bl77388,.... I am sending you this short email and when you send back your EMAIL reply I will be able to send you the instructions you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by BL77388 (4/9/13 3:26 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, trigger1937.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by tim023 (4/23/13 1:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi there,

I have the same error 6a00 it just happened one night when you want it not to happen ofcourse.
Could some one help me?

thanx,

Tim

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by BL77388 (4/23/13 2:22 PM) reply + / -
My error turned out to be a mechanical issue for which the part is no longer available. Thanks for the offers of help.

I have a new Cannon MX982 which I'm enjoying. Only complaints: a little slow to begin printing after receiving a print command and paper tray doesn't hold as much as my prior printer. However, it prints beautifully.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/23/13 9:13 PM) reply + / -
Tim,...There are several things you can do to find and fix the 6A00 error condition. I am sending you this short email and when you send back your EMIL reply I will be able to send you the files you need. When you reply please include your printer model number and the error code.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Number1 (4/25/13 5:35 PM) reply + / -
trigger1937, I'm having a similar issue with the same Service error code (6A00). I'd appreciate your sending the email fix

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by bob2013 (4/26/13 6:37 PM) reply + / -
Hiya, Could I line up for your email assistance on fixing error code 6A00. Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/26/13 10:03 PM) reply + / -
Bob2013,... I am sending you this email and when you reply with your email I will be able to send you the files you need. Please list your printer model number and the error code you are getting.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Number1 (4/26/13 10:28 PM) reply + / -
I was prepared to clean mine with Windex but the little spongy thing to the right of the ink cartridges just reset to the down position when I pushed on it with a Q-Tip. It's printing fine now.

http://www.fixya.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (4/27/13 9:38 PM) reply + / -
Number1,.. you are among the lucky few and one simple "push" fixed your problem. However,..the problem will return since you didn't really clean anything and the problem is the old dried up stick ink. I am sending you this note as an email and whey you reply I will send you more instructions on how to fix this problem and keep your printer in top condition for a very long time.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by recheverri (5/1/13 8:12 AM) reply + / -
I am trying to print or make a copy and it appear error 6A00. Any help to fix it?
Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/1/13 7:32 PM) reply + / -
recheverri,... I am sending you a short email and when you reply I will be able to send you the instructions you need. Please list your printer model number and the error code in your note.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Sumo (5/5/13 2:45 AM) reply + / -
Trigger

Can you help please?

We changed inks and after switching on we ended up with the error as with most posters there is a roller and ink lowering checks but at no time does the carriage move under power it is free to move by hand

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/5/13 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Sumo,... I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with your email and list your printer model number (MP610) and error code 6A00 I will be able to send back the instructions you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Sumo (5/5/13 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger printer Cannon MP610 with error code 6A00

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by sumo (5/6/13 12:53 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger did you get my reply cannon MP610 6A00

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/6/13 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Sumo,...I got no email from you so whatever you did it did not work. I am sending you an email and when you reply I will be able to send you the files you need. Please list your MP610 printer and the 6A00 error code once again in your email.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by bobhogan (5/23/13 12:05 PM) reply + / -

I also have a Canon Pixma MP610 printer that is giving me the 6A00 error message. Have done a preliminary cleaning but that did not work. I would greatly appreciate the fix that you are offering, Trigger1937. Many thanks. Bob

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (5/23/13 4:34 PM) reply + / -
Bob,... As you can see from the many posts this is a pretty common error. It can occur because of many things but most of the time it is because something got dropped into the carriage path and was pushed over into the purge unit. As the printer does a power on or basic cleaning cycle something disrupts the basic timing cycle and this will cause the 6A00 error condition. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with your email I will be able to send you some instructions to help clear the error. Make sure you list the MP610 and the 6A00 error in your note.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Henrik N. (6/4/13 3:33 PM) reply + / -
As so many others here, I have a Canon Pixma MP610 printer that is giving me the 6A00 error message. Tried the procedure described here: http://www.justanswer.com but no luck. If there is any other advice you can give I would appreciate it. Thanks, Henrik

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by andyroo83 (6/5/13 7:39 PM) reply + / -
having 6A00 error need some help please

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (6/5/13 10:43 PM) reply + / -
Andy,... I will be glad to help you with this problem. First I am sending you this short email and I need you to send me a reply stating the MP610 printer and the error code 6A00. Once I get that email I will be able to send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by sumo (6/5/13 11:33 PM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger thanks for all your help I managed to strip, clean and remove blockage from the print carriage and get it working again, with your very helpful notes and pictures, unfortunately since them some of the teeth on a cog have come off I suspect foul play as someone wants a nice shiny new Cannon printer, form the specs I have read it looks like the print quality will improve very little from the older models to the new?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (6/6/13 8:35 AM) reply + / -
Sumo,...Thanks for posting your results. It helps that others know that our information and instruction do help.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 - Help? by DeeNOVA (6/10/13 1:31 PM) reply + / -
Hello trigger 1937:

Could you help me please?
My 5 yr old PIXMA gave me the error message on Friday:

The error message is:
Error
6A00
Error Code

The printer is a Canon MP 830.

The "copy" (green) light blinks then the "Alarm" (orange) light in alternating sequence.
Then the "copy" light stays on for an extra two seconds before the cycle of twelve repeats itself.

Pressing the reset button (top right) does not help.
Switching the machine off triggers he alarm sound for some seconds before it powers off.
Turning on the machine the printing head only moves a little bit.
The error message comes on, then the blinking sequence described above.

The machine was turned off, and the A/C wire disconnected, for more than 24 hrs before reconnecting it. That didn't help to reset it.

Thank You!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (6/10/13 5:16 PM) reply + / -
DeeNova,...I am sending you a short email and when your send back a reply via email I will be able to send you the instructions you need. Be sure and mention the mp830 and the 6A00 error code.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by crutchman (6/11/13 5:29 PM) reply + / -
I also have an Canon M610 that popped up with this error yesterday. I printer goes through its initialization process with the scanner head and the platen wheels but I never see the print head move. I can however move it manually. I've done all that Canon requested but they indicate if that doesn't fix it I'll need to send it in for repair.
trigger1937 can you provide me the fix?

Re: Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by crutchman (6/12/13 4:54 PM) reply + / -
Sorry I ment to say MP610.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (6/12/13 5:36 PM) reply + / -
Crutchman,... This is a common error typically caused by a bit of left over paper getting caught in the purge unit. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it by sending your email listing your printer and error codes I will be able to send you the test instructions you need.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Profesora (6/26/13 6:36 PM) reply + / -
I have the same error can you tell me how to fix it Please

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (6/26/13 8:54 PM) reply + / -
Profesora,...I will be happy to provide you the information. I will send you a short email and when you reply to that email via email I will be able to send you the files you need. Add my note to the bottom of yours so I will know you have the MP610 and the error code of 6A00.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by rey12685316 (7/5/13 8:18 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger 1937, I am getting the same error 6A00 with my printer.. I've tried cleaning the 2 sponge parts with q-tips and windex as well as the inside part where the ink tray sits and nothing works. Can you please provide me with further instructions that may result with this printer functioning properly again.. Thank you so much!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/5/13 12:27 PM) reply + / -
Rey,... I need to send you the instructions but first I will send you an email and when you send back a reply I will have your address and will send the instructions.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/5/13 12:31 PM) reply + / -
When any of you have a Canon printer problem you can contact me directly by just clicking on my USER ID on any of my notes and you can then send me an email directly listing your printer and problem and some name I can recognize. That is the best and fasted way to reach me. If you just post a note here it may be days before I have time to read it and I may miss it altogether.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by barty1989 (7/25/13 5:51 AM) reply + / -
Hello

I have the same problem with Support Code : 6A00, Could you please email me the instructions too?
I know this post has now been going on for like a year.

Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/25/13 10:05 AM) reply + / -
Barty,.. I got your email and have sent you the files.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Wayne Marsh (7/27/13 7:36 AM) reply + / -
I started to clean the little sponges, but they dropped below the surface of the track. Apparently they are supposed to rise up to clean the nozzles and drop down at other times, but mine were stuck in the upper position, presumably causing the error. Printer now works fine again -- but whatever caused the sponge assembly to stick in the up position is still uncorrected and will probably return.

Thanks for the info on the interpretation of the error code. It steered me to the right solution.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/27/13 7:55 AM) reply + / -
Wayne,...It could have been anything that was dropped into the carriage path and then pushed into the purge unit. It could also have been the results of a lot of old sticky dried up ink. You may be lucky or it may jam again. I am sending you this short email and if you want more information on what you can do now and next time, just send me a note and I will respond.

Re: Canon Pixma MP600 error 6A00 by tntwwme1 (7/28/13 6:14 PM) reply + / -
I have a canon MP600 printer and we keep getting the same error on it. The carriage moves to the middle, we have checked what we think is the purge unit from the explanation from everyone else on this thread. The error still comes up when wp. then the error code is not on, the carriage moves to the middle, however when the error code is lit, the carriage stays to the left and muust be moved manually. IN the meantime I am unable to print the thank you sympathy cards for my sister in law this week that I had promised. My husband says just go and replace the printer for less than 100.00 because it doesn't seem worth taking the entire printer apart. What do you think?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Wayne Marsh (7/28/13 7:42 PM) reply + / -
Ideally, things should be repaired if they can be, instead of trashed. However, if I were you, I'd weigh the pressure I was under to get the cards printed as promised, plus I'd consider how much aggravation I was willing to put up with to save $100.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (7/28/13 7:44 PM) reply + / -
TNTwwnem,,, I got your email and I'm sending you the information you need.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by DeeH (8/18/13 10:46 AM) reply + / -
Hi Trigger,

Hope you can help. I know this is an old posting but that '6A00' is the problem I'm having. Thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (8/18/13 12:51 PM) reply + / -
Deeh,... First I will send you an email and when you reply to that note with your email response and you list your printer model and the error code I will then be able to send you the instructions you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Marco68 (8/19/13 11:01 AM) reply + / -
Hello Trigger, I am from holland and there is now one here who can help me, so please can you help me.
I have also the Canon MP610 and the error 6A00.
Thank you already

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (8/19/13 6:23 PM) reply + / -
Marco,... I am sending you this short email and when you reply I will be able to send you the instructions you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Tryit (8/23/13 8:25 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger,

I have also the error 6A00 on my Canon MP810. Can you send me an email too?

Thanks Anders

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by DAK_GY (9/10/13 6:04 AM) reply + / -
Hello Trigger,

I have also the Canon MP610 printer and error 6A00.
Would be nice, if you could help once again.

Regards
Dirk

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by afrikenny (9/10/13 1:00 PM) reply + / -
I have a Canon MX850 with the 6A00 error code. Same exact situation as the first poster here:

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!!
Ken

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Wilsonsbrother (9/10/13 10:00 PM) reply + / -
I have a MP830 with the 6A00 error, 12 blinks of the green then amber, print head not moving, need help please and thank you
thank you very much

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/11/13 8:19 PM) reply + / -
Sorry to miss all of these posts but I took a couple of days off. Hope you don't mind.

Anyway I will send each of you a short email and when your reply and list your printer and the 6a00 error I will be able to send you the instructions you need.

Canon Pixma MP830 error 6A00 by kanejake (edited 9/16/13 6:05 AM) reply + / -
I am getting the same error 6A00 with my printer also (Pixma MP830), 12 blinks etc.
I've tried cleaning the inside with q-tips and windex as per some of the other troubleshooting sites but nothing works. Can you please provide me with further instructions that may resolve this problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/16/13 9:29 PM) reply + / -
kanejake,...I am sending your an email and when you reply to it with your email reponse mention the MP830 printer and the 6A00 error code. I will then be able to send you the files that you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by brook (9/18/13 9:07 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger
I have the same error with my MP610. I was printing and then tried to print something else when it showed error 6A00 and the green and orange flashing lights. I have tried removing the ink cartridges and cleaning not dirty and tried again but still the same error.
I see you have helped other people can you please help me.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (9/18/13 9:43 AM) reply + / -
Brook,... This error is usually caused when something like a paper clip, staple, or hair pin is dropped into the path of the carriage and gets stuck in the purge unit. It can also be caused by years of excess ink drying up and causing things to stick and therefore jam. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it with your email I will be albe to send you the instructions you need to work on this error. Mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error in your note.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by earface44 (9/27/13 10:38 AM) reply + / -
Hello Trigger, I too have this problem. Reading through the posts your email seems to help people with the problem. Could you please send me the email.

Canon Mp 610 - error 6A00

Thank You in advance

Kevin

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mefix1948 (10/11/13 12:51 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937, ditto on this error code. I appreciate you send the email sent to others. Thank you in advance. Wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the cartridges if printer is not used for long periods, i.e. 5 or 6 months, and maybe avoiding this problem?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/11/13 2:25 PM) reply + / -
earface,----mefix,-- I will send both of you an email and when you reply to it with your email I will be able to send you the files you need. Mention your printer MP610 and the 6A00 error code.

Mefix,...The answer is NO. The best way to leave a printhead and ink carts for a very long time is to leave it in the printer and PARKED in the home position. This forces the ink pads up to the bottom of the head and "Caps Off" the head from drying out since it can't get much air. If you took the head and ink carts out (and capped them off) air would still get into the ink carts and dry them out and into the head and dry up any left over ink. Then you are really in for trouble.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by chicory (10/23/13 10:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937 I also have this problem, I appreciate you helping people for so long with this issue. Thank you in advance as well!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (10/23/13 10:32 PM) reply + / -
Chicory,....Click on my USER ID and send me an email and mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by LauraLS (11/5/13 2:35 PM) reply + / -
It sounds from previous posts that the 6A00 error code has to do with a clog in the purge unit. May I get the instructions for checking the purge unit? The 6A00 error message I get is intermittent-sometimes I can print. When I first got the error, I thought perhaps it was a buggy ink cartridge, because I had been getting refills at Costco. I replaced the black cartridge which was smudging a bit and I cleaned and aligned the print heads. The quality of the printing was helped by doing these, but I still get the intermittent error 6A00...turn the power off and try again. Thank you for your help. The printer is about 5 years old.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by LauraLS (11/8/13 8:47 AM) reply + / -
How do I clean the purge unit? Can I get the instructions,please?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mefix1948 (11/8/13 9:14 AM) reply + / -
LauraLS, you're better off contacting trigger1937 who can help you with that. I'm trying to fix my printer as well.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (edited 11/8/13 12:51 PM) reply + / -
LauralS,... Sounds like you may have some "Sticky Wiper Blades" and lets hope we can clean those without a lot of trouble. I will send you this short email and when you send back your email mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error. I will be gone for the 3 day weekend.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by abc5543 (11/10/13 2:57 PM) reply + / -
I am having exactly the same issue with my Canon MP830 printer. I have cleaned the printer cartridge, cleaned the sponges under and next to the printer cartridge, and cycled power several times. There does not seem to be anything stuck in the path, but I continue to get error 6A00. I can manually move the print cartridge all the way to the left and all the way to the right, the mechanism that it moves on seems to operate when I power on, but the print cartridge does not move. Is there anything else I can do?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by mefix1948 (11/10/13 10:31 PM) reply + / -
It sounds similar to a problem that I have. I think you will need to clean your print head using a specific procedure. It is best that you contact trigger1937.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/11/13 6:33 PM) reply + / -
abc5543,...mefix1948,...I am sending both of you a short email and when you reply I will be able to send you some instructions to test your printer. Mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error that you are getting.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by LauraLS (11/12/13 1:42 PM) reply + / -
I am trying to respond to trigger1937 so that I can receive the instructions to clean the purge unit. I get the 6A00 error on my MP610. I have tried changing the ink cartridges and aligning and cleaning the print heads per instruction manual. Sincere thanks.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/12/13 2:46 PM) reply + / -
Laurals,...Your post is OK but if you wanted to contact me directly this website has a feature that allows you to send me an email directly. All you have to do is to CLICK on my USER ID which is highlighted in BLUE and that will open a new window. Then just type the message you want to send in the provided box and at the bottom of the page "Click" the send to button and the message will be sent. Once I get it I will have your email address and then I can send you the information you need.

To get things started with your problem I will send this entire file to you using the same process. When you respond mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error code.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/14/13 9:03 AM) reply + / -
Many people have sent me emails asking,.. Who are you?,…Why do you do this?,…Who pays you for what you do? Does this website pay you for your response? The answer is no one pays me at all. They also ask me “Why do you help others?” Some people just say,..”This must be a trick or there is a gimmick in here somewhere.”

The answer is,…I have been helping others for about 8-9 years and I do it because “I Can”. It started as a hobby and developed into something a lot more. I provide as much information as I can at no cost to anyone,…but when the printer problems become so difficult that something inside the printer is damaged or broken then people need much more detailed help. So I created Repair Manuals for 45 different canon printers to SHOW AND TELL people how they can do it themselves. This started because years ago when I took my own Canon i560 Printer into the Canon Service Center (100 miles away) it was going to cost me more than I paid for the printer just to have them take it apart and diagnose the problem and then there was no guarantee they could fix it.

So,..being an Electronics Engineer I did it myself. It was so successful that I did it again and took pictures of every part and each step. Then I wrote a manual by combining the necessary instructions and the pictures into a very detailed PDF document.

A while later a friend in my neighborhood had a problem with his Canon printer and asked me if I could fix it,…so I took it apart and found the problem and fixed it and of course I took detailed close up pictures for every step. Later that year I also upgraded my office to Canon Multipurpose all in one MP730 printers and did the same to that unit. Before I knew what happened I was buying broken printers and fixing them and selling them on Amazon. After I did 45 printers my wife told me,..”Either the printers go,…or you GO”. I have stopped buying any printers.

Over the years this has developed into 45 Printer Repair Manuals and 35 PDF documents and guides. In the process I’ve learned a lot and many others have also provided me their insight to solving problems. Experience is the best teacher. If you want more information just click on my USER ID at the “Fixyourownprinter” website and this will open a box where you can create and send me an email.

Thanks for all the good wishes and support.

Trigger.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by c.lynch (11/19/13 4:41 AM) reply + / -
Hi
Just came across this thread looking for the solution to the same problem everyone else here seems to be having ie Canon MP 610 with error code 6A00. Love my printer and would like to keep it alive. Could you pls help out
Kind Regards

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (11/19/13 8:15 AM) reply + / -
C.lynch,....I am going to send you a short email and when you reply to it with your email I will be able to send you the files you need. Mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error code.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by c.lynch (12/5/13 4:51 AM) reply + / -
Hi Bud
It has taken me a while to getting around to working on the printer but have just done so.
I read your emailed instructions carefully but thought not much would happen. BUT, I have to say I was very surprised at how dirty the wipers were!(Hey, I sound like I known what I am talking about!!) only after cleaning did I realise at least one was transparent!! ( I couldn’t really see the other, but knew where to clean from your excellent picture)
I initially had visions of cleaning not being successful, then trying to take the printer apart, bits everywhere, me getting mad!........ and ending up going to buy a new one so am so impressed that after only a few minutes and knowing what to do – thanks to you!- have got my printer back in working order. I also took out the all the inks and their carriage. There was a bit of gunk on the underside so that got a clean up too. Started it up and worked first time.....just needed a head clean to sort out some lines.
Thank you very very much indeed Bud for your time that you spend compiling your instructions and for answering emails the way you do, it id very much appreciated and it is great to learn something about how these things work. A lot time, energy, frustration and expense has NOT been wasted!!
Thank you again

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (12/5/13 8:53 AM) reply + / -
C.Lynch,...Thanks very much for posting your results. It is important that other know that our suggestions really do help and can solve many problems.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by j.john (12/11/13 10:07 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937,

I have the same error message 6A00 on my MP610 and i wonder if you could help me to sending that information to my email that helped a lot of users above?

My printer started to show this error message after the last print, when a paper was inserted incorrectly. Paper jammed into the printer and i pulled the paper out. A piece of paper got stuck inside the printer. I was able to get it out, but the error message still continues.

Just like in the first message of this thread, "my printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process"

Could you try to help me?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Sum (12/11/13 11:35 AM) reply + / -
Went and brought a Cannon MG7150 works fine

Re: Canon Pixma MX850 error 6A00 by mylap1 (12/19/13 3:45 PM) reply + / -
Just had this happen today. Printer working fine yesterday. Today wnet to print and got the error code 6A00. Turned printer on and off and same code. Unplugged printer and same code. Opened printer and print heads are over to the right. I can slide them manually but they don't move on their own. Help!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Mo¿ej (12/29/13 6:47 AM) reply + / -
http://cityinfrastructure.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by kalpsjo (1/30/14 5:17 PM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937,

I'm new here, found my way here through Google. Please be patient as English is my second language, my terminology is lacking some words.

I have a MP610 that has been off for almost 2 years (since our twin boys were born!). Now I need to do some scanning and when starting up the unit I thought I might as well test if it worked, so I tried copying a page (scanning+printing). It worked, but the paper came out all white (of course).

Next thing, it threw this error 6A00. I restarted the unit several times with no luck.

Just like in the first message of this thread, "my printer will power on, cycle the paper feed rollers, raise/lower the white platten rollers, lower and raise the print head shaft/carriage, then there is a brief whirring noise ( 1 sec) and then it reports the 6A00 error. The green and amber LED on the panel blink alternately.

The print head is free to move on the shaft, not binding anywhere, but at no time does it move during the power up process"

Are you able to provide some assistance?

Big thanks in advance.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (1/31/14 8:52 AM) reply + / -
kalpsjo,....When printers set for that long,..most of the ink turns to glue and things stick together. I am sending you a short email and when you reply I will be able to send you instructions on how to clean and test the printer.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by jingles1234 (2/5/14 7:08 AM) reply + / -
Hi trigger1937,

I have the same error message 6A00 on my MP610 and i wonder if you could help me to sending that information to my email as well.

My printer started to show this error message after replacing the black ink cartridge.

Could you try to help me?

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/5/14 9:36 AM) reply + / -
Jingles,...The 6A00 error code is not that common but it does occur when the printer has been used for a very long time and never cleaned. The excess ink on the purge unit begins to dry up and become very sticky and soon things stick together and won't function. I am sending you this short email and when you send me back an email reply I will be albe to send you the instructions you need. mention the MP610 and the 6a00 error in your note.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by angels-r-handy (2/8/14 2:25 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem as everyone else on this page. The lights blinking, it had a problem with a paper jam & I thought I got it all out and then the next time I turned it on I got this code. The printer head is in the middle and moves freely. I looked around for bits of paper & found one which I removed & restarted the unit. Same thing. Hope this is enough info for someone to lend me a hand with this problem. Don't know if this is legal but . . . my email is angelopicchi@gmail.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/8/14 9:30 AM) reply + / -
angels,....Consider yourself lucky as most of the time when you get the 6A00 the head is locked in the home position over the top of the purge unit and you can't move anything to get at the jam. Typically when there is a paper jam you pull on it to get it out and the paper tares and bit of paper are left in the printer. As the printer goes through normal cycles that bit of paper gets pushed to the purge unit where it can cause a jam. It could not be a paper jam at all but something else that was dropped into the path of the carriage.

I am sending you this short email and when you send me an email reply to it mention the MP610 and the 6A00 error so I know who you are. then I will be able to send you the instructions to work on clearing the problem.

Canon ix7000 error 6A00 by goosetracks (2/12/14 6:08 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem. 6A00 error. Printer turns on, cycles, then alternating amber and green lights. Replaced magenta and black cartridges because they were low. Same problem. Please send email with repair instructions. Thanks very much.

Canon Pixma MP610 by keldog (edited 2/18/14 7:10 PM) reply + / -
I, too, have the dreaded 6A00 error on my Pixma MP610. Any help would be much appreciated!

Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by keldog (2/18/14 7:15 PM) reply + / -
Hello. I replied to the threat on fixyourownprinter.com, but now I am trying to e-mail you directly, Trigger1937. Hope this works - and hope your fix works for me, too! Thanks for any help you can offer. - kelly

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/18/14 10:23 PM) reply + / -
Keldog,...I don't know what you did or how you did it but I did not get any email from you with that name. It doesn't matter as I am sending you this email and when you reply to it via email I will be able to send you the files that you need.

Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 but I have 5c00 by attilahunk (2/25/14 12:24 PM) reply + / -
Hi! I cleaned the print head but still get the 5c00 error on my canon pixma mp620. Can you help?

PEACE!!!

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by trigger1937 (2/25/14 7:50 PM) reply + / -
attila,...If your are the "Hunk" then your fingers must be too big to type so I'm sure you had your little girl do it for you. I will send you a short email and once you reply I will be able to send you some instructions on what you can do about the 5C00 error. You should be happy that the head is not jammed and locked in the home position. Once you get my email send me your email response and I will reply.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by duffypark (3/7/14 1:20 PM) reply + / -
Dear trigger1937,

I have the same problem with all of these guys.
I put a new ink cartridge few days ago and got this 6A00 error message.
There is no light in the cartridge unit but I can move them left to the right manually.
Please send me one of those email w/ the instructions to fix the problem.
I appreciate your help in advance.

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Marilena (4/17/14 2:46 PM) reply+1 + / -
I, too, am having the 6A00? Do you have time to your work your magic on my little printer? Thank you very much!
Marilena
monicajscully@hotmail.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP610 error 6A00 by Marilena (4/17/14 2:50 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I, too, am getting the 6A00. Trigger1967, would you be willing to work your magic on my little printer?

Thank you!
Marilena
monicajscully@hotmail.com

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters