fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 - Carriage Jam

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 - Carriage Jam by Howard G (8/6/11 2:22 PM) reply + / -
Message says "Carriage Jam . Open print carriage access door. Clear jam and then press OK. I've done this several times and can see no paper jam ... HELP please

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 - Carriage Jam by moe (8/6/11 6:14 PM) reply + / -
Most of those are caused by some crumpled paper on the right side of the carriage. Move the carriage all the way to the left and shine light in and look carefully. I've got some mechanical fingers I use to get in and extract the paper scraps. Works great and makes it easy in such a confined area.

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 - Carriage Jam by scapi32 (8/8/11 10:29 AM) reply + / -
If message reads carriage jam not paper jam you should look for any obstruction on the carriage path, also check for proper lubrication of the metal rod and that the encoder strip is clean.

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 - Carriage Jam by futureboy (11/26/12 5:50 PM) reply + / -
I have an OfficeJet Pro 8500 that has given me the Carriage Jam error message. I have ensure that there is no obstruction, as well as ensuring the metal rod is well lubricated and the encoder strip is clean yet the error persists.

Here is the behavior of the machine: The machine goes through its checks, the carriage moves to the extreme left than moves to the extreme right were stops at the very end and pulses back and forth three times and rests at the extreme right. The error is than displayed on the screen.

My guess is that there is some sensor or micro-switch that is not closing.

I have taken apart another machine of the same model that is my donor machine and I can't seem to locate any switch, in fact, I don't see where the failure can be at all.

Any advice on this would be great.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters