fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by Sarmatian (6/8/11 5:27 AM) reply + / -
Hi there, nice forum!

I 'm in need for a >>free Service Manual<< for

Canon Pixma MX870 (email me)

I am just curious to see if something blocks
the paper feed or something else...

Ah.. the printer shows the 6000 error...

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (7/5/11 9:00 PM) reply + / -
Samatian,...This is a "line Feed Error" signal which can be cause by many things. Most of the time it is the result of a small bit of paper still jammed in the feed rollers,..or someone dropped something in the paper path,...like a paper clip or staple, or rubber band or a cat toy. Open the cover and when the head comes to the center pull out the power cord. Now you can move the carriage to the far left and examine the paper path. Remove the rear turn around door and use a flashlight to examine every part you can see. Use the light to examine the purge unit area looking for a jam. Move the carriage to the far right and use the light to look at the timing disk inside the cover on the far left. It should still be there and vertical. If you want more information and testing, click on my USER ID and send me an email with some detailed results.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by Josephine M. Sanchez (10/26/11 5:00 AM) reply + / -
kindly tell how to fix my printer...i couldn't find something that block the operation of my printer.This is really burden..

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by jay baldoza (4/4/12 9:27 PM) reply + / -
please help me

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by philly5706 (4/5/12 8:18 PM) reply + / -
I have this service manual. If interested, email me.

PK

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (4/5/12 10:54 PM) reply + / -
Phil,.. Thanks but I have that Service Manual.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by windsup1 (4/28/12 5:31 AM) reply + / -
I would like the service manual. I have the same problem.
Mike

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (4/28/12 8:01 AM) reply + / -
The Canon Service manual does provide pictures and some limited instructions,...i.e. "remove this screw",... to help to take the covers off. It does not provide any instructions on "How to Fix" anything, or how to test anything on the printer. It does list the error codes. The problem is that most of the problems, especially with the purge unit, are in the base of the machine where you need to at the bottom of the purge unit and to do that you need to know how to remove the main chaissis from the base. this is also where the "Waste Ink Absorbers" are located. Finally, Canon has changed the "Service Mode" function that has always been built into the machine,..which provided the ability to "RESET" ALL OF THE ERROR CONDITION THAT COULD COME UP. Now the new machines require a "Canon Service Tool" software in order to reset anything. If you don't have it,...it won't matter if you have found and fixed the problem,..you won't be able to reset the error with out that software. If you want more information about my Repair Manuals, just send me an email.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by windsup1 (4/28/12 1:54 PM) reply + / -
Believe it or not I found my problem - finally! It was a twist-tie that had fallen in my rear paper slot. Didn't see it until I looked in some holes on the left side after opening the top (as in changing ink). It's hard to explain. Thanks for the advise.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (4/28/12 7:41 PM) reply + / -
Windsup1,...Great job,... this will help others to look before they leap.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by rick62 (1/24/13 7:41 PM) reply + / -
My Pixma MX870 will not print black after 2 regular cleanings and 2 deep cleanings. It seems I will have to disassemble to clear. B/F I take it on, I need some guidance--service manual would help a lot. thanks, rick

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by rick62 (1/25/13 7:55 AM) reply + / -
new user to this forum---you seem to have a great deal of knowledge about this printer--my refuses to print in black despite regular cleaning x 2 and deep cleaning x 2, i understand that i will have to disassemble to fix but i need some direction. can you help? thanks, rick

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (1/25/13 9:35 AM) reply + / -
Rick,... The 6000 error is An error occurred in the Line Feed encoder signal. I am sending you a short email and when you reply I will be able to send you some more information.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by KD7UFS (2/21/13 8:32 PM) reply + / -
I would love to see how to get it open. I dropped a small allen wrench in the rear paper opening, and I can't figure out how to get it open to get it out. I pulled the plug as soon as it happened, so I doubt there is any damage, I just can't get it apart to get it out. Any advice or illustrations would be very welcome.

Thanks, Daniel
505-832-4084

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by barbarossa (8/9/13 6:54 AM) reply + / -
hello trigger 1937,you got any information,as to how to take the bottom part of printer apart?mx870?looking to change ink absorption pads,perhaps re-routing drip tube into a bottle?thank you.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (8/9/13 9:21 AM) reply + / -
barbarossa,...Yes I do have detailed information. I have created Repair Manuals for virtually all of the Canon ink jet printers except for the very latest models. I am sending you this email and when you send back your email reply I will then be able to send you more information about what they contain and how to get one.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by joelb (11/12/13 8:24 AM) reply + / -
I got the dreaded Error 6000 and it won't clear. I removed the jammed paper but there must be something else in the printer that caused the problem. Does anyone have a manual that shows how to take apart the printer so I can find the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (11/12/13 11:16 AM) reply + / -
joelb,....Yes I have all of the manuals and information. If you had a jam and you pulled the paper out,..you may have left a bit of paper stuck in one of the rollers. The printer tests the timing of all rollers and moving parts each time it powers on and if the timing is not perfect in eac step it will get an error condition. Open the top cover and when the carriage moves to the center pull out the power cord. Now you can move the carriage by hand. use a flashlight to examine the entire carriage path for anything that is there. What ever caused the paper jam may still be there. things drop into the printer path and this can cause all kinds of problems.

I will send you this email and when you reply mention the MX870 and the 6000 error code. I will then be able to send you more detailed information.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (11/12/13 1:27 PM) reply + / -
Many people have sent me email asking,.. Who are you?,…Why do you do this?,…Who pays you for what you do? Does this website pay you for your response? The answer is no one pays me at all. They also ask me “Why do you help others?” Some people just say,..”This must be a trick or there is a gimmick in here somewhere.”

The answer is,…I have been helping others for about 8-9 years and I do it because “I Can”. It started as a hobby and developed into something a lot more. I provide as much information as I can at no cost to anyone,…but when the printer problems become so difficult that something inside the printer is damaged or broken then people need much more detailed help. So I created Repair Manuals for 45 different canon printers to SHOW AND TELL people how they can do it themselves. This started because years ago when I took my own Canon i560 Printer into the Canon Service Center (100 miles away) it was going to cost me more than I paid for the printer just to have them take it apart and diagnose the problem and then there was no guarantee they could fix it.

So,..being an Electronics Engineer I did it myself. It was so successful that I did it again and took pictures of every part and each step. Then I wrote a manual by combining the necessary instructions and the pictures into a very detailed PDF document.

A while later a friend in my neighborhood had a problem with his Canon printer and asked me if I could fix it,…so I took it apart and found the problem and fixed it and of course I took detailed close up pictures for every step. Later that year I also upgraded my office to Canon Multipurpose all in one MP730 printers and did the same to that unit. Before I knew what happened I was buying broken printers and fixing them and selling them on Amazon. After I did 45 printers my wife told me,..”Either the printers go,…or you GO”. Over the years this has developed into 45 Printer Repair Manuals and 35 PDF documents and guides. In the process I’ve learned a lot and many others have also provided me their insight to solving problems. Experience is the best teacher. If you want more information just click on my USER ID and this will open a box where you can create and send me an email.

Thanks for all the good wishes and support.

Trigger.

Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by joelb (11/14/13 7:41 AM) reply + / -
I did as instructed but the ink carriage didn't move to the center.......it just flashed the error 6000 message. I manually moved the carriage to the center and inspected for something that might cause the jamb but was unable to find anything that blocked the printer path. I still have the paper that jammed and it is whole (no missing bit of paper).

Perhaps if I could open the printer case I will find something. There must be be a way to open it but I haven't had any sucess. Perhaps I'm being to careful......but I don't want to break something.

Suggestions?

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (11/14/13 8:54 AM) reply + / -
joelb,...I sent you and email but instead of sending me back and email our posted another comment on this web site. Send me your email and then I can send you the files you need.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by alenamarian (2/22/14 2:08 AM) reply + / -
Hi!
My problem,error 6000,but carriage wont move at all,canot pul it ,stock on the right..Please help...

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (2/22/14 11:20 PM) reply + / -
Alenamarian,....The 6000 error code is a problem with the "Line Feed" system and could be caused by many things. The carriage will be lock to the far right in the home position and will not move since there appears to be some type of JAM in the line feed drive. It could be something as simple a a paper clip or staple or even a hair pin dropped into the carriage path and now is jamming the paper feed rollers. You can start by using a flashlight to examine every inch of what you can see in the carriage area. I will send you this note and when you send me your email reply I will be able to send you more information. Let me know what you find in your note.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by brichards_ct (4/4/14 9:12 AM) reply + / -
Had gotten the "Error 6000" msg and manual didn't really help much. Thanks to you, I was able to get useful info. Like others, I didn't see anything obvious so used canned air, thinking it was a little bit of paper stuck somewhere. Nope. Investigated further and found a piece of foam that must've fallen into the back of the printer and gotten stuck between gears on the left side. Problem solved and back in service! Thanks so much for your help.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by jdixon567 (4/13/14 12:44 AM) reply + / -
Hey there,

I have the same dreaded Error 6000 which won't go away.

I ran an Avery shipping label sticker piece of paper which was missing a couple stickers through the rear tray, which I realize now was a big mistake. As it printed it got jammed up and part of the sticker on the outside edge appeared twisted. I removed the sticker paper, and the printer flashed error 6000.

After starting again the printer pushed another piece of photo paper through the printer no problem, but still flashed error 6000. Now when I restart the printer it won't pull any paper through and continues to display error 6000.

I pushed the ink tray around and looked inside with a flashlight and couldn't find anything obvious like a bit of the sticker material in there. I also looked down the rear tray and couldn't find anything.

Any help on finding where to look for a bit of the sticker would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by vinz (4/30/14 9:53 PM) reply + / -
pls help send me the manual,i have the same problem about error 6000...almost a week been paralyze my printing business because of that error...help me out.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by trigger1937 (5/5/14 10:10 PM) reply + / -
There are more that one thing that can cause the 6000 Line feed error. I am sending you this short email and when you reply to it mention your printer model number and list the error code. I will then be able to send you what instruction I have.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by marcusp (6/8/14 3:37 PM) reply + / -
Same problem but with an MX925. have removed the jammed paper but perhaps small piece left behind. cant see with flashlight but guessing I need to open it up to have a better look. How do I do this?

Thanks, Marcus

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by lpatton (7/6/14 3:22 PM) reply + / -
Where can I download the Canon Service Tool software from a reliable website? I removed and cleaned the ink absorber pad that I could reach (under the ink cartridges) but need to reset the counter.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by zolazola (7/13/14 10:55 AM) reply + / -
HI, I sent you a note also requesting the manual please.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by BJ57 (7/18/14 10:25 AM) reply + / -
New user - I read through the posts and saw a post dated 1/24/13 related to my issue. My MX870 will not print black. Multiple cleanings and replacement of the print head did not work. What is the solution? I am technically capable, so, instructions on how to repair would be greatly appreciated, otherwise, this printer will go in the recycle bin. Thanks for your assistance.

Re: Canon Pixma MX870, Error 6000 and Service Manual by Mr.win (10/16/14 10:06 PM) reply + / -
My printer error 6000
No use please--help

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters