fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Flashing error display

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Flashing error display by Jim Dodd (9/13/10 2:33 PM) reply + / -
I am having a problem with my Epson Artisan 800 printer. I had a paper jam and after clearing the jammed paper I still get an error flashing display. I cannot use the printer as it tells me to turn it off and clear the jam. I have tried everything and cannot locate any other jammed paper. Has anyone experienced this problem.??

Re: Flashing error display by dabaker (6/3/11 2:46 PM) reply + / -

This is a printer killer problem that can be easily fixed. Open the printer. See a 1/4" grey plastic band that is attached to the print head. This is the CR (carriage return) guide that tells the print head exactly where it is. During a paper jam it is sometimes pulled out of the slit on the head carrier that it has to be in to tell the print head where it is on the carriage. Pull the print head out about half way, and with a flashlight look behind the head carrier. You will see a small plastic u-shaped piece. Make sure the CR ribbon is INSIDE the slit, or u-shaped device. When this happens you will usually hear the print head hitting the side of the printer twice while it tries to determine its position. Be very careful not to damage the ribbon. It will slip back into the slot quite easily.

Dan Baker

Re: Flashing error display by printerrepairpros (6/3/11 10:48 PM) reply + / -
In all liklihood the problem has nothing to do with the carriage encoder strip. Usually, the paper sensor has been dislodged or the gears driving the carriage locking\document feed mechanism are out of place.
Hope this helps.

Re: Flashing error display by kimoseibel (6/2/12 6:09 AM) reply + / -
dabaker, you nailed it! was having same "paper jam" issues as everyone, yet the culprit was the 1/4" plastic band. a 2-second fix after months of frustration. thanks!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters