fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog by 19ray (7/23/10 11:16 AM) reply + / -
The photo cyan nozzle of this printhead remains clogged even after 7-8 deep cleanings. In trying to purchase a new printhead I find that Canon has discontinued this printhead (PN QY6-0043-000)and no one carries it!
Has anyone had any success at cleaning a printhead using a printhead cleaning kit? If so, can you recommend a printhead cleaning kit for this printer? Please note I am an average printer user so an involved cleaning process would not be for me!
Thanks, in advance, for any advice given.
19ray

Re: Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog by moe (7/23/10 12:22 PM) reply + / -
The way I clean it is to remove the ink tanks. Pop out the printhead assembly. Then fill a shallow dish with near boiling water. Dunk the heads in the water and swish it around. Then take it over to the sink and run hot water down the screens. Put it in the dish a second time and repeat under the hot water. That will flush out any dry clogged ink. Running the cleaning utility uses wet ink to clean dry ink. Doesn't work that well. After flushing the head assy., dry it off with a paper towel and reinstall. This procedure works most of the time.

Re: Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog by ray19 (7/24/10 9:15 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Moe - I'll give it a try with nothing to lose since the printhead is unserviceable in it's present condition. I'll let you know if your solution worked for me. I have one question. You mention the screens. I haven't taken the printhesd out of the printer yet but I assume by the screens you mean the inlets to the printhead where the ink tanks are seated. Is that correct?
Thanks again for your help in solving a frustrating problem with this printer.
19Ray

Re: Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog by dleeper242 (8/4/10 10:59 AM) reply + / -
That sounds logical. BUT how do you "Pop out" the print head. I have remved the cartridges and lifted the gray lever. However, the cartridge holder (printhead?) does not come out. What is the trick?

Re: Re: Canon inkjet i960 Printhead Clog by david irving (8/7/10 3:29 PM) reply + / -
After you remove the ink cartridges you will find the wall at the back of the assembly a bit loose; that is part of the print head - grip both sides and pull it toward you; the whole thing rocks forwards easily and lifts out. Easy!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters