Canon Pixma ip3000- 5 orange flashes. How to fix ?
| Post to this thread Post a new message thread|
|Canon Pixma ip3000- 5 orange flashes. How to fix ? by Jemma (6/8/10 9:29 PM) reply|| + / -|
|My Canon Pixma ip3000 gives 5 orange flashes immediately after turning it on. It is not connected to PC.|
Did my own search for the cause of the problem but only info found was that 5 orange flashes mean problem with cartridge.
No info which cartridge or how to fix the problem…
Can someone give me some detailed guidance how exactly to eliminate these 5 orange flashes, please?
Thanks in advance!
|Re: Canon Pixma ip3000- 5 orange flashes. How to fix ? by michelsmith (6/8/10 9:45 PM) reply|| + / -|
|5 flashes indicates a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt.|
If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Post to this thread:
|© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters|