fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 1210 prints grey instead of black

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP PSC 1210 prints grey instead of black by Bungalow1915 (7/21/09 3:24 PM) reply + / -
I just refilled the cartridge of my HP PSC 1210 printer/scanner and it prints, but all the text is in grey instead of black. I've refilled the cartridge before and had good results, I followed the the instructions to re-acquiant the now-full cartridge to the printer (so it thinks it's still got enough ink) but it still won't print anything in black, just grey. I even tried refilling a different catridge and the same thing is still happening. I'm pretty sure the print heads are clean because the first cartridge was working flawlessly just a few hours before it ran out of black ink. If I print a page of text from a program like Adobe or MS Word or even print a photo or page from the Internet, the black seems to be replaced with grey. When I use the built-in scanner as a copy machine, color copies have no black whatsoever and black and white copies come out completely blank. Anyone know how to fix this?

Re: HP PSC 1210 prints grey instead of black by Bert (7/21/09 7:00 PM) reply + / -
Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (three-color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.

Re: HP PSC 1210 prints grey instead of black by Bungalow1915 (7/21/09 9:32 PM) reply + / -
I tried blotting them on a wet paper towel. I can't seem to get any ink to come out of either of my black ink cartridges that I refilled. I even tried that trick of submerging the print heads in very hot water to persuade the ink to start flowing. No luck. Well, I bought a new cartridge and I'm back in business. At least I got a few uses out of the old ones. Thanks for your help, Bert.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters