Bungalow1915

asked Jul 21, 2009 at 3:24pm
Hp HP CopyJet Color

HP PSC 1210 prints grey instead of black

I just refilled the cartridge of my HP PSC 1210 printer/scanner and it prints, but all the text is in grey instead of black. I've refilled the cartridge before and had good results, I followed the the instructions to re-acquiant the now-full cartridge to the printer (so it thinks it's still got enough ink) but it still won't print anything in black, just grey. I even tried refilling a different catridge and the same thing is still happening. I'm pretty sure the print heads are clean because the first cartridge was working flawlessly just a few hours before it ran out of black ink. If I print a page of text from a program like Adobe or MS Word or even print a photo or page from the Internet, the black seems to be replaced with grey. When I use the built-in scanner as a copy machine, color copies have no black whatsoever and black and white copies come out completely blank. Anyone know how to fix this?
Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (three-color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.
by Bert on Jul 21, 2009 at 7:00pm Add comment
I tried blotting them on a wet paper towel. I can't seem to get any ink to come out of either of my black ink cartridges that I refilled. I even tried that trick of submerging the print heads in very hot water to persuade the ink to start flowing. No luck. Well, I bought a new cartridge and I'm back in business. At least I got a few uses out of the old ones. Thanks for your help, Bert.
by Bungalow1915 on Jul 21, 2009 at 9:32pm Add comment