fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ...

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by garflor (6/24/09 1:28 AM) reply + / -
Please,
Does anyone know's how to reset the error, which means ink tank is full. thanks

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by garflor (8/29/09 4:11 AM) reply + / -
PLEASE TRY THIS, Probably your waste ink counter. Should be cleaned or replaced before resetting but usually you can get away with resetting once.
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. Release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving.
6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER

0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960)
1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print
2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise
3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.

This also applies to the i550, i560, i950, i960

i850 blinking 7 times i waste ink full..but clear the reset the waste ink counter is 4 times not 3..=.= i know some manual is say 3 times but actually is 4..

3. Release RESUME

now try press resume button 4 times..after that press the power button

i850 blinking 7 times i waste ink full..but clear the reset the waste ink counter is 4 times not 3..=.= i know some manual is say 3 times but actually is 4..

3. Release RESUME

now try press resume button 4 times..after that press the power button

I think I can clear up some of the problems that people are having using this function. What you are doing is forcing the printer into "Service Mode". Here is how you do it. Read this entire post and understand it before you try it.

2. Hold down RESUME and then press and hold down POWER Button.
3. Release the RESUME but continue to hold down the power button
4. Press the RESUME twice, then release POWER button.

Now you have put the printer in Service Mode so it will accept Service commands. Here is the list of Service commands;

A. Press the Resume button once = Print Service test print
B. Press the Resume button twice = Print EEprom data sheet
C. Press the Resume button Three = Initialize the EEprom
D. Press the Resume button Four = Clean Waste INk Counter
E. Press the Resume button Five = Change Destination settings
F. Press the Resume button Six = Head Refreshing (Cleaning)
G. Press the Resume buttom Seven, Eight, Nine, = Not used
H. Press the Resume button Ten = Return to selection Menu

To EXECUTE anyone of the above commands you "MUST Press the Power button one time. Then the function will be executed. After that function has been executed the printer will REMAIN in Service Mode,.. waiting for another command. You can only execute one command at a time. If you are through with all the commands you want to do, just press the power buttom one more time and it will turn the printer off and you will be out of Service Mode. One more note. When you get the printer into Service MOde and it is ready to accept a command, the green light will be on and steady. As you issue a command by pressing the resume button, it will alternate the color from green to orange with each press of the resume button. Remember, if you issue either one of the commands to force a print make sure you have paper installed.

For all those people that could not get the "Waste Ink Reset" to work, it was because you didn't do it right. It sounds complicated but it is actually very simple. You can do it with one hand using your middle finger and you thumb,... that is if you know how to play a piano.
2. Hold down RESUME and then press and hold down POWER Button.
3. Release the RESUME but continue to hold down the power button
4. Press the RESUME twice, then release POWER button.

Now you have put the printer in Service Mode so it will accept Service commands. Here is the list of Service commands;

A. Press the Resume button once = Print Service test print
B. Press the Resume button twice = Print EEprom data sheet
C. Press the Resume button Three = Initialize the EEprom
D. Press the Resume button Four = Clean Waste INk Counter
E. Press the Resume button Five = Change Destination settings
F. Press the Resume button Six = Head Refreshing (Cleaning)
G. Press the Resume buttom Seven, Eight, Nine, = Not used
H. Press the Resume button Ten = Return to selection Menu

1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button.
(DO NOT release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and
Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light
alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
4) When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s)according to the function listed in the table below. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and
Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)

4 times----Green (Power)------Waste ink counter resetting

PLEASE INFORM ME IF YOU HAVE RESET THE ERROR. THANKS

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by edymallada (8/30/09 8:22 PM) reply + / -
hello sir.. i tried resetting my waste ink counter.. when i follow your steps i could only reach into service mode.. after that when i press resume button 4 times, it doesnt show alternate orange and green light.. just the zero number on the lcd.. i own a canon mp 198... thanks for your help...

help! hehehe..

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by moe (8/30/09 9:42 PM) reply + / -
Did you read the part where you have to press the power button after you press the resume 4 times?

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by edymallada (9/7/09 9:04 AM) reply + / -
i've reached into service mode and pressed resume button 4 times, it doesnt show alternate orange and green light.. just the zero number on the lcd.. so you asked me to re-read and follow this:

"To EXECUTE anyone of the above commands you "MUST Press the Power button one time. Then the function will be executed. After that function has been executed the printer will REMAIN in Service Mode,.. waiting for another command. You can only execute one
command at a time"

and so i did.. but none still.. maybe i got it wrong on this part also hehe!

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by jfriends24 (9/20/09 8:57 PM) reply + / -
the above steps apply with my mp145 (it is now resetted) but i cant make it to work with my mp198, anyone know how to do it on mp198? like edymallada, i've only reached the service mode part but no response in other command (no alternate green/orange light)...TIA!

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (12/1/09 6:01 PM) reply + / -
eto na po ang resetter para wala nang mabiktima ung nananamantala jan.. hehehe

HAPPY PRINTING! :)

http://hotfile.com

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by moe (12/1/09 7:43 PM) reply + / -
Downloaded the file and it seems to be what everyone is looking for.
Any posts after this will be deleted. Thanks for the upload.

Forum Moderator

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by chech3 (12/2/09 4:33 AM) reply + / -
how to use the said program?i alrady downloaded it, but everytime i click any command, ders an error code of 006.. cna any one here knows how to use it?send me please @ richard_ski3@yahoo.com..tnxx a lot guys...

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (12/6/09 11:02 PM) reply + / -
3. Release RESUME

then run the program.

HAPPY PRINTING again.... hehehe :)

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by jfriends24 (12/11/09 9:06 AM) reply-1 + / -
WOW! Thanks to the uploader (Anonymous)...i really appreciated your help...thanks alot! my MP198 is now resetted...

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (12/13/09 9:35 PM) reply + / -
thank! its work

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by ronron6940 (12/13/09 9:37 PM) reply + / -
thanks to the uploader its works!

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (12/13/09 11:34 PM) reply + / -
tnx its work yeheyyyy

thank u..... by xedry (12/14/09 9:21 AM) reply + / -
thanks to the uploader now it works.....

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (1/1/10 8:37 PM) reply + / -
HAAAY SALMAT PO NG MARAMI.
THANKS A LOT!!!!

I HAVE ALREADY RESET MY MP198 THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!!

hAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
fROM FLORY

some question.... by vinsensius gonzales (1/9/10 12:38 AM) reply + / -
i did as mr anonymous said, run the program in service mode, but what to chose?? once open the program i just choose main or platen in waste ink box??
after try chose one of them what should i do?? (an alarm beeping in orange right after i chose either main or platen)
i click the power button and it said "afunction was canceled"
and eventought i already injected the ink, the printer status still said that i was out of ink

what should i do??

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (1/12/10 9:15 PM) reply + / -
salamat po ng marami...

I HAVE ALREADY RESET MY MP198 THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!!

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by mikewagan.net (1/18/10 6:41 AM) reply + / -
paki-upload naman ng file na yan sa ibang location mga kababayans? i'll post it on my blog dun sa makakapag-send.. plis kailangan lang talaga/... salamat mga katropa!

in english: "please upload in another site/location... can't download from that hotfile site.... thannks to anyone who would upload this service ... .exe file, i'll be forever grateful"

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by yoko (1/25/10 4:08 PM) reply + / -
http://dc177.4shared.com

o ito po sa 4 shared meron din akong nilagay

bernardinoyoko@yahoo.com

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by jaythug (2/3/10 1:52 AM) reply + / -
hey! thanks to you YOKO ok na printer namin kahit medyo hinulaan ko lng pag reset kasi di ko alam kung ano ba yung mga ibang code don pero ok na thanks

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Sanosai (2/4/10 12:24 AM) reply + / -
Anonymous pwde mo ba maturo sakin ung manual resetting kc ung instruction na:

while the printer is off
press and hold stop/reset and power
release stop/reset while holding the power button
then press stop/reset button twice and run the program

pls. help me...
tnx!

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by kramdotnet (2/4/10 6:41 PM) reply + / -
tol Anonymous na delete na yata ung resseter na inapload mo, penge naman uli tol.... paturo narin kung panu mag reset ng ink waste ko... hirap eh... tnks po

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by kramdotnet (2/4/10 7:10 PM) reply + / -
error 006 po ung lumalabas, at puro ???????????????? di ko maintindihan... need help asap pls.... GBU

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (2/6/10 12:54 AM) reply + / -
salamat post the best talaga kayo wow hanip ....... SOLVE NA !!!!!!!!

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (2/8/10 1:25 AM) reply + / -
PAG ASA PC NA UNG RESETTER, UNG PRINTER; PRESS BOTH POWER AND STOP/RESET TAPOS RELEASE PRESS, RELEASE PRESS MO UMG STOP/RESET TAPOS BITAWAN MO UNG POWER AT UNG STOP/RELEASE. UN MADDDITECT N NUNG PC PROM UNG PRINTER TAPOS CLEAR EEEPROM AT COUNTER. TAPOS....

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by zyborg20 (2/10/10 3:07 AM) reply+1 + / -
boss, anu ginawa mu para ma reset ung waste ink tank counter ng printer mu.. mp198 din printer ko e, help nmn boss..

^_^

Re: Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Anonymous (2/10/10 3:14 AM) reply + / -
SUNDAN MO NALANG UNG MESSAGE KO NEXT SA MASSAGE MO.
HINGIIN MO NALANG SA KANILA UNG SOFTWARE.

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by zyborg20 (2/10/10 9:14 PM) reply + / -
mga boss.. heeelllpppppp...

1. off ang printer
2. press and hold power button while pressing stop/reset button
3. release stop/reset button while holding the power button
4. while holding the power button, press the stop/reset button twice

ung step by step po ginawa ko na.. pero ala nangyayare..
ng bli-blink lng ung green light ng power button at orange color
ng alarm alternately.. mp198 po printer ko.. me resetter na rin po aku..

help po nmn pls..

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by marskie (2/17/10 6:06 PM) reply + / -
help i need 2 reset my mp198..pls.. somebody help me ..

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by moe (2/17/10 10:35 PM) reply + / -
Sure, I'll help. Read the damn thread. Most of the posts are in your language.

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by dchew (3/29/10 11:00 AM) reply + / -
THE LIINK IS DEAD CAN ANYONE REPOST?

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by ronron6940 (4/15/10 12:01 AM) reply + / -
mp tool ng canon mp 258 sir meron ka?salamat

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by erickmanado (4/17/10 8:13 AM) reply + / -
thanks master, my mp 198 back on bussiness again.....after i resetted.

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by tigaavraako (4/27/10 6:22 AM) reply + / -
sir pano po ung tamang pag resset ng mp198

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by tigaavraako (4/27/10 6:25 AM) reply + / -
master pano poh the best na pag reset

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by tigaavraako (4/27/10 6:32 AM) reply + / -
master how to reset

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by atven (5/5/10 3:42 AM) reply + / -
if i log "0" then i press resume button but no function.
so wat can i do

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by thnx. (5/27/10 12:23 AM) reply + / -
thnx

Refilled cartridge doesn't reset for MP258 by rishabh (8/21/10 10:27 PM) reply + / -
I refilled the cartridge PG 810 Black cartridge fully and followed the above steps... when entered to service mode ,0 starts displaying on LCD and after pressing reset buttons for the above steps, nuthin look changed there and i turned off the printer. Now when turned on ...Neither cartridge level was refreshed ,nor the printer reset .. i tried the above steps several times but all in vain...no changes for my printer MP258

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by Rockista (9/14/10 7:04 AM) reply + / -
Dapat sa mga nagbibigay ng mga sagot dapt i step by step nyo..kung paano gamitin ang reseter at kung paano iapply sa printer para madaling makuha..kung tayo tutulong naman na ayusin naman natin..hindi lahat ng tao madaling makakuha..

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by canon mp198 user (10/5/10 6:24 PM) reply + / -
why is it that i can't reset my printer? i follow your steps and also downloaded the file but still cartridge is not reset. It only prints D=000.0 Ps=000.0

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by mantri ps.. (12/28/10 6:35 AM) reply + / -
semua pada nipu,,nggak bener ..membodohi orang perbuatan tidak baik...

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by garflor (9/1/11 7:48 AM) reply + / -
paki post naman po ulit ung sofware ng mp198 resstter... na currupt kasi ung usb na pinaglagyan ko ng software ng resetter... salamat ng marami sa mga mag po-post...

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by zhandsepe (9/17/11 2:18 AM) reply + / -
Please help...urgent. Need to reset my MP198. I followed the suggested steps but nothing happen. Could anyone share the resetter software? Tulong naman mga kapatid!

Re: Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by zhandsepe (9/17/11 2:24 AM) reply + / -
please share your resetter for MP198. Thanks!

Re: How to reset E,2,7 on Canon MP198 ... by ARLAC (9/24/11 2:02 AM) reply + / -
how to reset E,2,7 on canon mp198?i tried all your message but it doesn't work....

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters