fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by richIMGD (3/30/09 3:55 AM) reply+3 + / -
Hi there,

I have got a Epson Stylus Photo 1400 photo printer which is now coming up with the infamous 'Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life' message. From reading other peoples experiences on this matter it seems that it can only mean I need to replace the waste ink pad / sponge and reset the counter. I have a CIS system installed on my printer and go through a fair amount of ink. Or at least have done in the year that I have had my printer. I phoned my local epson centre who claimed it could also be the print head could need repairing / replacing. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Im not sure if they will refuse to look at it knowing I have fitted a CIS, so I could put the old cartridges back in.

I recon if I have a go at cleaning the sponge and replacing it myself before getting a professional to look at it. Does anyone know how I can get a 'resetter?' Would it be unwise to assume it is just the sponge that is full of ink, or does the message apply to other parts which need servicing? I obviously don't want to cause my printer any unnecessary damage.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any pointers.

Rich

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Alikays1 (4/29/09 7:18 AM) reply + / -
Please please send me any info you may come across to repair an epson 1400 that won't feed paper properly. Epson already sent me a replacement for the first one that did the exact same thing.
Thanks!
Alikays1

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by richIMGD (4/29/09 8:34 AM) reply + / -
@ Alikays1 This actually a different topic but I will answer it anyway. It sounds like the paper feed wheel (visible on the right hand side looking into where the paper goes) might be dirty. It needs a clean which should sort out the paper feed issue. Take the paper out and gently place a clean damp cloth into the right hand side of the paper feed and print a document so that your printer goes through the paper loading process. This should be enough to sufficiently clean the wheel that loads the paper and fix your problem!

Good luck. Obviously dont use a dripping wet cloth, a slightly damp one will be enough.

Rich

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Anonymous (5/26/10 7:31 AM) reply + / -
I really hope you recieve this msg, I was trying to find out if you were able to fix the issue you had with the waste ink pad counter because we have a t-shirt business and came across the same exact problem with the sponge i guess please send us any info you may have come across to fix your issue it will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by richIMGD (5/26/10 11:30 AM) reply + / -
Hi there, I did manage to fix this. After more research I found this website: http://www.octoink.co.uk/

I bought a waste ink kit which basically bypasses the waste ink into a bag/container instead of depositing it into the sponge in the base of the printer. This requires some modification to the printer, but the instructions are on the site. I bought a kit and they provided some software which got rid of the error message and made the printer work again. It is extremely important that this software is only used after the printer sponge has been taken care of (i.e sponge replaced or waste ink kit fitted) or else there printer could be left with ever increasing levels of excess liquid inside which could overflow.

Good luck!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by eilish (8/24/10 1:59 PM) reply+2 + / -
My Printer apparently has gone into whats known as a sevicer mode which I have been told if I get a code then it will bypass it for this occasion till next time, Has anyone any help for me on Codes and how to bypass this and get it up and running again.
I use the Bulk Ink Feeding Systerm for T.Shirt Printing and Sublamation Gifts so I need to fix this immediately as I have customers waiting on thete orders. Many Thanks in advance of your help.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kerstin (8/30/10 1:26 PM) reply + / -
Hello... I finally managed to get epson to link me to the reset utility... if you go to http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp

and fill out the required info they will allow you to download the utility. or if you want to email me I can send it to you.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by dporpois (12/15/10 1:05 PM) reply + / -
hello Kirsten,
I am having the same problem and fiqured I might get a faster responce from you, so could you please send me the reset utility, it would be greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. dporpois

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by zefyra (12/24/10 9:27 AM) reply + / -
Hi kerstin,

I am also having the problem with the 1400, but as I live in the UK my serial won't work!
I'd really appreciate it if you could send me the utility too

Many thanks
Zehra

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kronblom1 (1/4/11 7:02 AM) reply + / -
hello Kerstin
could you be so nice and mail me the resetter
to epson 1400
yours
mikael

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kerstin (1/12/11 9:05 AM) reply + / -
I would be happy to send this to you, but I can't send attachments through the forum... looking for a solution... or you can email me directly and I will send it to you

Kerstin

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by servantes (1/30/11 12:09 PM) reply + / -
Hello can u mail me the reseter for epson stylus 1400? thank you
PS: My email is : maybe_memories90@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by pmd_assoc (2/21/11 8:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi Kerstin,

I seem to have the same problem as you, could you please send me a copy of the resetter.

pmd_assoc@ntlworld.com

Many Thanks

Peter

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (3/7/11 5:13 AM) reply + / -
I too have the same problem and live in the UK if anyone can help!!
capntee@hotmail.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by printerrepairpros (3/9/11 7:51 AM) reply + / -
captaintee, try going to this website, http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp. If that doesn't work try, www.epson.com/ipr. Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (3/9/11 8:55 AM) reply + / -
Thanks unfortunately you can't put in a UK address and the UK site doesn't have this. Anyhow I bought a reset key hopefully it will last a good few months. Tony

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Mike 160 (4/11/11 10:12 AM) reply + / -
Hi kerstin if you could email me the fix I would be most greatful

mike@personalised-printed-t-shirt-shop.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by philipshort (4/16/11 2:34 PM) reply + / -
Well, you seem to be the hero of this topic! If you could please e-mail me the resetter too I'd be VERY grateful. With a printer less than a year old and no support from Epson in Europe on this it's getting a bit tricky! Many, many thanks, Philip, Ireland.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (4/17/11 12:23 AM) reply + / -
Unfortunately I had buy the reset code online it cost about 8 but can only be used once. It is best to also buy the waste tank overflow kit as it will overflow and cause a mess.
Tony

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kerstin (4/29/11 7:32 AM) reply + / -
If you would like me to send you this utility please email me. I don't seem to be getting forum posts notifications. I think I have sent the utility out to everyone up to this point... if I have missed you, let me know and I'll send it out. Kerstin

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kerstin (4/29/11 7:37 AM) reply + / -
just a reminder you can email me by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. Kerstin

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by ohahma (4/30/11 4:47 PM) reply + / -
I got my Epson reset, but I am trying to get into the printer to find the used ink suppository. I found a tiny, tiny sponge in there which I have cleaned up, but is that the whole deal? Any suggestions?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Girlie (5/4/11 10:47 AM) reply + / -
My printer is absolutely doing me head in!!!
I have a CIS in which all of the tanks are full, even the cartidges are full too, yet when I print its saying they're empty!! Could anybody help me. Does its need resetting? If so, how do I do that?

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by printerrepairpros (5/4/11 4:52 PM) reply + / -
There are a number of waste ink pads that line the bottom of the printer. They should be cleaned or replaced. Using the reset, will clear the counter which will eventually once again give the maintenance request message. Hope this helps.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Girlie (5/5/11 4:30 AM) reply + / -
How do I reset.. Sorry if this sounds stupid. I really don't have a clue

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (5/5/11 4:49 AM) reply + / -
Hi I bought the reset code from www.2manuels.com but after I had bought kerstin offered to send me the code, you can probably email her from the comment she posted. Remember it is best to bypass the waste pads and buy the waste set that sits outside the printer enabling you to throw away excess ink so the problem doesn't arise again.
Tony

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Girlie (5/5/11 5:27 AM) reply + / -
Thankyou. I will message Kerstin..
Thanx again

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by prestuccia (5/14/11 7:44 AM) reply + / -
Kerstin
Can you send me the code.My printer came up with this message in the middle of a job,Thanks Paul

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by charlie7 (6/15/11 8:11 AM) reply + / -
Epson printers have a rubber wheel that gets clogged very easy. You can get RUBBER ROLLER REJUVENATOR" Their phone number is 310-372-5331. You need to apply it with a rub or do what I do. Go to Home Depot to the welding department and for less than 5 dollars purchase a small wire brush, the smallest one. Tear off a small cotton six inch strip of fabric from an old T-shirt tie it above the wire and wet the cotton with the rejuvenator above to allow the liquid to fall onto the wire, then clean your roller with it. The roller is clogged so just do this and your troubles are over. I have a ciss of ink that makes T-shirts and the the heat transfer paper has a coating over it that tends to clog up the rubber roller wheel, this really does solve the problem. You will then be very happy trust me. Charlie

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by charlie7 (6/15/11 8:15 AM) reply + / -
I would appreciate the reset code if you please. Thank you, Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by charlie7 (6/15/11 8:17 AM) reply + / -
Sorry, first time here. My email is charlieclark@cherokeelaser.com. I would appreciate your sending me the reset code for the 1 Epson 1400. Thank you, Charlie

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by mtorres1851 (6/20/11 10:59 AM) reply + / -
Hello, first time just signed up. If its not too much trouble I would really appreciate it if you could send me the reset code for the Epson 1400. Thank you.

mtorres1581@yahoo.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by stevo99 (7/7/11 2:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi Rich.

I am now having exactly the same problem with my printer!

Did you buy a resetter or just a reset code? If you got the code don't suppose you could email; me a copy?

Steve

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (7/7/11 3:12 AM) reply + / -
I'm sorry I can't find the company I bought it from but it was emailed to me and could only be used once. If you look back on the emails I think I did give the name of the company.
Tony

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by philly5706 (7/7/11 8:44 PM) reply + / -
You can get the resetter for free on the Epson site.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (7/8/11 1:58 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, I did try originally but couldn't find it on the UK site. If I have the problem again I try the site. Tony

Solution by Vipex1 (9/15/11 2:58 AM) reply + / -
Epson Reset Utility (IPR)

Link Here:

http://www.rplsupplies.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by photowriter (9/25/11 12:11 PM) reply + / -
Hi I am also in the UK and have the red blinking lights and green light out. I too am in the middle of a job.
I would be very grateful if you could send the code to reset my 1400.
kfbphotowales@yahoo.co.uk

Kind regards and thank you
Kevin

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by peaches03 (10/25/11 12:00 PM) reply + / -
Hi. I am having the same problem. Would it be possible to get the reset code also? Thank you so very much. peaches@sonic.net

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by captaintee (10/26/11 2:39 PM) reply + / -
The reset must be bought unfortunately. Look online as I can't remember the company who sold it.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kevprinter (12/7/11 12:34 AM) reply + / -
Guys just had the flashing red lights myself.
I went to http://www.epsonreset.com/ and downloaded the free program.
You have to buy a key code for $10 once to reset your printer but thats it. Superb.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by printerrepairpros (12/7/11 4:52 PM) reply + / -
Save the $10 and go to Epson's site, www.epson.com/ipr. Drill down to your model.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by kevprinter (12/7/11 11:37 PM) reply + / -
Yea, I visited the Epson site first but it wouldn't let me get the download. I had the correct serial number for the machine and everything but it said my serial number wasn't valid!
Guess it's in their own interest hoping I buy a new printer.
$10 dollar key was my only route!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by printerrepairpros (12/9/11 4:18 PM) reply + / -
I've referred hundreds of customers to this site in the past. Never had a legitimate serial number get rejected by Epson before. Very strange.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by printerrepairpros (12/9/11 4:19 PM) reply + / -
I've referred hundreds of customers to this site in the past. Never had a legitimate serial number get rejected by Epson before. Very strange.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by harpon292 (12/17/11 5:37 AM) reply + / -
HEY KERSTIN
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY STYLUS 1400. I TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM FROM YOUR LINK, BUT IT DOESN'T ACCEPT MY SERIAL NO. I'M NOT FROM US, MAYBE THIS IS THE REASON. PLEASE, IF YOU CAN, SEND ME THIS WASTE INK COUNTNER RESETTER! I HAVE A SMALL BUSINESS, PERSONALISE T-SHIRTS, MUGS, A LOT OF THINGS AND I GET STUCK BECAUSE THIS PRINTER. I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU!

MY EMAIL IS postaru.gabi2@gmail.com

thank you

GABI

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by lynnrab (12/22/11 6:01 AM) reply + / -
Hi could someone email me the resetter for the epson stylus 1400 PLEASE!!!!!

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by 44spud44 (1/14/12 5:01 PM) reply + / -
Hi there could you please email me the details for the reset utilty. Thanks as im in the uk..

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by harpon292 (1/25/12 11:16 PM) reply + / -
HEY linnrab!
I HAVE THIS RESSETER, BUT YOU HAVE TO SEND ME YOUR MAIL TO HAVE THIS JOB FIFNISHED. JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL REPLY WITH TE RESETTER. MY MAIL IS postaru.gabi2@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by harpon292 (1/25/12 11:20 PM) reply + / -
HEY 44spud44!
I HAVE THIS RESSETER, BUT YOU HAVE TO SEND ME YOUR MAIL TO HAVE THIS JOB FIFNISHED. JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL REPLY WITH TE RESETTER. MY MAIL IS postaru.gabi2@gmail.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by monlet (2/29/12 5:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I have managed to find a download for mac of the resetter utility if anyones interested??

http://www.2manuals.com/WIC/iWIC/iWIC.dmg

All I need now is a RESET KEY !

Anyone got one they can email me?

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by sakhone imutan (4/30/12 9:02 PM) reply + / -
Hi, can u please email me the reset program please! Thank you so much. Its been very frustrating.
Simutan@yahoo.com

Sakhone

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by sakhone imutan (4/30/12 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Hi, can u please email me the reset program please! Thank you so much. Its been very frustrating.
Simutan@yahoo.com

Sakhone

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Wong Siu-mei (6/17/12 4:41 AM) reply + / -
Epson Resetter Tool

100% GUARANTEED RESET

no limit use many times you want

my mail yintingchen88@hotmail.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Robert Robb (6/17/12 5:30 AM) reply + / -
Hi Everyone - I had the problem with the 1400 not feeding paper. Turnedout the problem was the type of sublmation paper i was using. It left a residue on the wheel feeder and after only a few pages it stopped feeding it through. Olny satisfactory solution I found was to clean the feeder wheels and then use a different sublimation paper.

this is the link to where I purcahse my paper and it causes me no problems

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'feeder'? by Hamda (9/3/12 8:46 AM) reply + / -
Hi
i am running a small t-shirt business, i have a problem with the feeder. it pulls the paper all the way through and gives me the "no paper/ paper not inserted correctly" error how can i fix this?

This is my shirt blog www.potatodesigns.blogspot.com mostly contains gamers shirts.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by DREWJR (10/6/12 5:13 PM) reply + / -
can you send me the reset code please.. went to epson site but would not accept me serial number.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by harpon292 (10/7/12 12:40 PM) reply + / -
hey DREWJR!
PLEASE, SEND ME YOUR MAIL YO BE ABLE TO SEND YOU THE RESETTER.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by bobby61 (12/4/12 11:19 AM) reply + / -
dont know if you got my first message but I also have a epson 1400 and I also stay in the uk and would be eternally grateful if you could send me the utilty i thank you in advance.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by moonbeamsshop (12/8/12 2:08 AM) reply + / -
If someone could PLEASE email me the resetter I will post it on BurghHouse.com and post the link here!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by maniqui (12/9/12 12:44 PM) reply + / -
If anyone's looking for a mac version of the utilities. U can always just use the wine program to convert the exe into a mac friendly version. Worked for me using the epson reset utility. unfortunately the dam thing wouldnt recognize my printer. -___- epson 1400 so FML.

Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'incompatible cartridg by moonbeamsshop (12/10/12 1:07 AM) reply + / -
I found the resetter and used it and it worked, but now I have a different problem. It won't recognise my continuous ink feed system 'cartridges'. Anyone got any ideas? And please don't say "use genuine cartridges" because we would get through a set each morning!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'incompatible cartridg by gorman george (12/16/12 7:03 AM) reply + / -
Hello,i have the same system and i change the cartriges with a similar, and worked. But now i have a problem with my printer. I visited the Epson site but it wouldn't let me get the download. I had the correct serial number for the machine and everything but it said my serial number wasn't valid!
Please, can you send the resetter for epson 1400 printer?
gorman_2005@yahoo.com
thank you.:)

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by gham46 (12/16/12 2:42 PM) reply + / -
Please, Please, anyone. I would also like to resetter for the Epson 1400 printer. Please email to: jgorham1@cox.net. Thanks very much.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by moonbeamsshop (12/17/12 1:04 AM) reply + / -
http://burghhouse.com/epsonresetter1400.zip

BUT BUT BUT: don't use this if you want to use non-Epson ink cartridges. I did and now my printer will only accept genuine Epson carts.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by nooby (1/30/13 7:25 AM) reply + / -
these systems must be flawed, were all having same problem, wheres epsons support ??

mine just constantly flashed red, ,always a damn problem with this thing

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by MAHface (2/1/13 10:32 AM) reply + / -
Flawed? That would mean that the problem is Unintentional. Obviously the purpose of setting a counter to make the printer stop working after a set amount of usage is a thought out tactic by the corporation to make more money off of us folk. It ain't flawed mah friend. The A holes just designed it that way. The epson resetter 1400 did work for my NON-epson ink cartridges. Though mine has the CIS setup (the one with tanks on the side) The only hiccup with it was, does not work on a mac cuz its not a mac file, especially not if you use the wine bottler apps that coverts the exe file. Would most likely work with bootcamp. Or Parralels?/ Vmware (Virtual windows apps for mac) But yea the epson resetter definitely worked with for me. (no need to spend any money as other resetters would constantly have u do in buying more reset keys) ANd i bought and installed that kit that feeds the waste ink into an empty tupperware tank. Works great. (from Octoink? octoinket.com? something like that)Best of luck guys.
P.S.. on another note, make sure nothing falls into the paper feeder. cuz, that's another way to fck up a perfectly good printer FML!)

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by Jan Shrimps (9/10/13 10:40 PM) reply + / -
I am attempting to try the outside waste ink box and (hopefully) the resetter key for my troublesome 1400, which I bought second hand and have had constant problems with for two years. Too much head and nozzle cleaning have caused the pads to fill up, I assume. I am just wondering if it is worth me continuing to fix this, as up to now I have bought 2 CISS systems, back to refillable cartridges as they all seemed compromised, nozzle cleaning solutions and far too much time. When it did work, the printer seemed to do a good job, and it is A3. Any advices please?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by freight (1/30/14 11:52 PM) reply + / -
Mr.moonbeamsshop provided us with,

//burghhouse.com/epsonresetter1400.zip

I tried using, but the Japanese model of "Stylus Photo 1400" and "PM-G4500",
I did not seem to recognize the printer.

So,

//www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Storesupport/InkPadsForm.jsp

Although I tried to download the site on the "Stylus Photo 1400",
I can not download the serial of my "PM-G4500".
Because the Japanese model, serial is a thing called "JNEE131???".

The number of any will contain a "?"

In order to be able to download this Resetter me someone,
Please tell me the serial of the United States or Canada to be real.
Even without the order of all, because it is a fine up to seven digits from the beginning, thank you.

I think directly, if the get to send the E-mail in Resetter, and good in that way.

Please reach out of love to the victims of the beleaguered EPSON!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by freight (1/30/14 11:55 PM) reply + / -

So,

Even without the order of all, because it is a fine up to seven digits from the beginning, thank you.

I think directly, if the get to send the E-mail in Resetter, and good in that way.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by freight (1/30/14 11:56 PM) reply + / -

So,

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by jeff1312 (2/8/14 4:06 PM) reply + / -
Can someone please mail me too the resetter... I'm unable to download it...

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 'resetter'? by fatrat (10/21/14 8:21 AM) reply + / -
hi, as others having problem getting reset tool would be very grateful for email, (first post) thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters