fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon iP2600 reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (1/8/09 5:18 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi.

Does anyone know how to reset ink levels with the iP2600?

If you know of a reset sequence, or of a download for an IP Tool to reset the EEPROM, please post it here.

Thanks.

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (1/10/09 2:38 PM) reply + / -
Just found the answer.....

iPTool 1.1.5

for iP1200,1300,1600,1700,1800,2200,2500,2600.

http://ipt.nm.ru

You will also need RarZilla (free from the Web) to be able to unzip this download.

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (2/10/09 7:29 AM) reply + / -
Russian site may be unreliable.
Safe to download from here - http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1402796

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (2/11/09 3:41 AM) reply+1 + / -
DriverGuide charges for the download if you are not a "Member".
but allows you to become a member for free! Really!

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by Anonymous (4/19/09 12:07 PM) reply + / -
Rest tool doesn t work with ip2600 and XP. printer appears in list but no button's available ! another solution?

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (12/22/09 7:23 AM) reply+1 + / -
Sorry - my previous posts gave insufficient information......

In order to reset ink counters with the iP2600, you will need the following software.

iPTool 1.1.5 - This will probably come as a .rar file and (if you don't have it already) you will need to download RarZilla to decompress it.

B6A0Amux.exe - This is Canon's installer for the 1P2200. We are going to need this because the iPTool cannot detect the iP2600 directly, but if we fool it into thinking it is an iP2200, it will then be able to read and reset the EEPROM.

I have deliberately omitted to show a link to get this software, because sites can change.
However, you should be able to find both quite easily with a search of the Web.

Procedure-

Only tested with XP. Please let us know what happens if you try this with other operating systems,

1./ Uninstall the printer first. You may not need to do this, but I have not tried any other way, so cannot guarantee what will happen if you don't do this.

2./ Run B6A0Amux.exe This will install the iP2200 software. This software will actually work with the iP2600, but I am not sure if it will work properly in every respect, so it is probably best to re-install the iP2600 as well. You will now see (Start - Printers and Faxes) that you have two printers installed. The iP2600 should be the default printer.

3./ Now switch the printer ON and run iPTool. iP2600 will appear in the left-hand column.
Click on it and the right-hand box will display the current ink status and the buttons below will allow you to perform ink-level resets and a number of other useful functions.

Beware of letting your cartridges run out completely. If this happens, you will get 7 orange flashes when you start the printer and iPTool will not be able to detect the cartridges to reset them. So reset your cartridges when they are still about half full. You may waste a few sheets of paper when the ink runs out, but that is a lot less costly than a new set of cartridges.

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by Anonymous (1/22/10 10:28 AM) reply + / -
Any solutions for Mac OS X users?

Re: Re: Canon iP2600 reset by Anonymous (2/9/10 5:49 AM) reply + / -
Use Paralles Desktop, disconnect the virtual printer shared with OS X, install the ip2200 driver as explaind above, install the original ip2600 driver from canon and run ipTool.
Works fine :-)
After all you can switch back to normal operation witch shared printer.

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by jlynn (2/28/11 1:49 PM) reply + / -
My printer continues to jam every time I try to print something. The right side of the paper get scrunched up so the paper wont take. Does anyone know how I can fix this or know what might be causing it?

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (3/1/11 11:57 AM) reply + / -
Has anything fallen into your printer?
Is there torn paper jammed in the rollers?
Examine the rollers very closely in a bright light.
Lift the top cover and examine the exit rollers as well.
If you can see anything there, try to remove it without doing any damage.
Otherwise, it may be necessary to get a mechanically competent person to dismantle the printer to try and find the fault.
A professional repair is is probably too expensive.
Printers are cheap - the manufacturers make their money from replacement cartridges. But if you have a repairer nearby, you could ask for a quote.......

Re: Canon iP2600 reset by mike272452 (3/1/11 2:20 PM) reply + / -
Has anything fallen into your printer?
Is there torn paper jammed in the rollers?
Examine the rollers very closely in a bright light.
Lift the top cover and examine the exit rollers as well.
If you can see anything there, try to remove it without doing any damage.
Otherwise, it may be necessary to get a mechanically competent person to dismantle the printer to try and find the fault.
A professional repair is is probably too expensive.
Printers are cheap - the manufacturers make their money from replacement cartridges. But if you have a repairer nearby, you could ask for a quote.......

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters