fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson c88

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson c88 by jimwidess (1/6/09 12:11 AM) reply + / -
I'd given up with my 2nd Epson Stylus - first a c86 then a c88. Both lasted about a year before head cleaning no longer worked. I happened on "fixyourownprinter.com" by accident and the $14.27 (9.95 plus tax and shipping) saved me having to shell out another $84.00 for another Epson 88. I'd already purchased $70 worth of new ink cartridges which I didn't want to waste. Now I'll be able to use them because of this wonderful web site and really easy instructions - although I wouldn't have liked a photograph of what the pads in the service station were supposed to look like since there were only two pads and a space for another one so I wasn't sure if the "missing" pad was stuck under the assembly or not. But I took a chance and put the solvent on the two pads, waited about 7 hours and everything was like brand new!
Hooray for the fixyourownprinter guys and gals.

Re: epson c88 by websnail (1/22/09 3:27 PM) reply + / -
Just so's you know the C88 can be modified to use an external waste ink tank (although it's not as easy as others).

Instructions are provided here:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/store/pages/Epson-C86.html

NOTE: This IS a commercial site but the instructions are generic and you can easily use the information to install your own home brew external tank.

Re: epson c88 by DONNAMINTER (2/23/09 1:49 PM) reply + / -
i CANT SEEM TO PRINT BECAUSE A SPRING HAS COME OFF THE BACK OF THE PTINTER WHERE THE PAPER GOES.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters