jimwidess

asked Jan 6, 2009 at 12:11am
Epson Epson Stylus C86

epson c88

I'd given up with my 2nd Epson Stylus - first a c86 then a c88. Both lasted about a year before head cleaning no longer worked. I happened on "fixyourownprinter.com" by accident and the $14.27 (9.95 plus tax and shipping) saved me having to shell out another $84.00 for another Epson 88. I'd already purchased $70 worth of new ink cartridges which I didn't want to waste. Now I'll be able to use them because of this wonderful web site and really easy instructions - although I wouldn't have liked a photograph of what the pads in the service station were supposed to look like since there were only two pads and a space for another one so I wasn't sure if the "missing" pad was stuck under the assembly or not. But I took a chance and put the solvent on the two pads, waited about 7 hours and everything was like brand new!
Hooray for the fixyourownprinter guys and gals.
Just so's you know the C88 can be modified to use an external waste ink tank (although it's not as easy as others).

Instructions are provided here:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/store/pages/Epson-C86.html

NOTE: This IS a commercial site but the instructions are generic and you can easily use the information to install your own home brew external tank.
by websnail on Jan 22, 2009 at 3:27pm Add comment
i CANT SEEM TO PRINT BECAUSE A SPRING HAS COME OFF THE BACK OF THE PTINTER WHERE THE PAPER GOES.
by unknown on Feb 23, 2009 at 1:49pm Add comment