fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by monica65 (8/3/08 12:17 PM) reply+2 + / -
I was trying making copies on my Pixma MP830 today and when I tried to change it to a 2 sided to 2 sided I got the following error 6500. I have absolutely no idea what this means and I can't seem to find any info on it for my type of printer. Does anyone know what this error code means and how do I fix it? I have had this maching for almost 2 years and it has been no trouble at all in the past therefore I would like to keep it if at all possible. Any help would be great.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by Splasha1 (12/7/08 7:02 AM) reply + / -
Ever find the fix? Mine just did the same thing.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by Anonymous (12/17/09 1:56 AM) reply + / -
Had an error 6500 come up on my Pixma MP800R printer.
I have absolutely no idea what this means and I can't seem to find any info on it for my type of printer. Does anyone know what this error code means and how do I fix it? I have had this maching for almost 2 years and it has been no trouble at all in the past therefore I would like to keep it if at all possible. Any help would be great.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by splasha1 (12/17/09 7:04 AM) reply+1 + / -
I got mine replaced wiht a brand new one under an extended warranty policy I had but they said the problem was a switch that was messed up as the paper fed into it.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by pcsbogue (1/22/10 8:54 PM) reply+1 + / -
Does anyone have a fix yet for the Canon Pixma MP830 error code 6500? Mine has been a great work horse for a few years, and all of a sudden today when I added paper to the paper cartridge, reinserted it, then pressed "OK", then pressed the copy button, I got the error code 6500 message. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on this printer for my small business. Thanks in advance.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by stellaymendoza (6/27/11 5:27 PM) reply + / -
Has anyone recieved a way to fix this problem? My printer was working fine I was making copies and and when i pressed "OK" I got error 6500 message. Please help I really need to finish some work. Thanks so much.

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by Helpfull (8/3/11 1:29 AM) reply + / -
The Error consist in the logic board of the printer.

From the Service Manual: [6500] The PCI bus error is detected by the ASIC. - Logic board

The service manual can be found here: http://www.wraithtdk.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by lkgalo (10/13/11 9:22 AM) reply + / -
So, is there a fix

Re: Canon Pixma MP830 error 6500 by deejay2ksa (3/11/14 3:21 AM) reply + / -

Had much frustration with the same problem on my MX885. Prompted by the suggestion as to being due to paper feed problems, I took the sheets from the back sheet feeder, carefully straightened them up then reloaded the sheets back again into the feeder then powered up the printer.

Low and behold, the error message 6500 went away. So sometimes it maybe as simple as that - skewed papers in the feeders.

Good luck!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters