fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus Photo R300

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Dennis Rittenhouse (2/16/08 3:07 PM) reply+6 + / -
Before my Epson Stylus Photo R300 quit,I was getting error messages "Service required. Parts are at end of service life". What do I need to repair this printer? Thanks for your help.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Dennis Rittenhouse (2/16/08 4:47 PM) reply+1 + / -
Wow! I've been looking for answers while I've been waiting, and guess what? Back on 10/29/05, a fella named Barrie Davis had the same problem, which was answered by a fella named Peter on 10/29/05. I followed Peter's suggestions, and my printer is working again. So, thanks for this forum and thanks to Barrie and Peter for showing me the way. Dennis

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Sally Robertson (4/3/08 4:14 AM) reply + / -
Hi Dennis I have the same problem that you had with the error "Service required", can you tell me what you did to solve the problem please?
Sally.

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (4/3/08 9:35 AM) reply + / -
Turn off the printer. Then hold down 3 buttons simultanelously for 5+ seconds and the printer will come on and reset itself. The 3 buttons are either the power, low ink, and stop button, or the power, OK, and stop button. I do not recall exactly, but one of those combinations will reset the printer!! Dennis PS If you go back through the messages to 1995, you'll find the one that I used to help me. Good luck!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R3000 by Sue Spandrzyk (4/3/08 11:40 AM) reply + / -
Hi,We have always used an XD card in our stylus R3000 printer,but now trying o use a 2Gb SD Card,but the printer will not accept it,the light flickers but it will not connect,any advice please Thanks Sue

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Sue Spandrzyk (4/3/08 11:43 AM) reply + / -
Hi,We have always used an XD card in our stylus R300 printer,but now trying o use a 2Gb SD Card,but the printer will not accept it,the light flickers but it will not connect,any advice please Thanks Sue

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (5/13/08 2:34 AM) reply + / -
service required parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life.see your printer documentation for details

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (7/15/08 9:38 AM) reply + / -
Hi, Sally

Probably a little late - but maybe this will help others.
Switch off printer, hold down 'Power' 'Maintenance' and 'Stop' buttons simultaneously for between 5 and 10 secs and the printer will switch itself on and reset itself. There may be a grinding noise - but this is normal. Switch off and switch on again, and hey, presto! :-)

The reason for the 'service' message is that Epson apparently program a counter into the printer, and when a certain number of prints have been completed (or a certain time has passed)the printer flashes up this message and wants you to book an Epson service.

I've been told that this is an 'evil ploy' by Epson to generate revenue - but I wouldn't DREAM of suggesting that! :-)

All I know is that I have reset my own R300 three times, and it's still going strong.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Wes (edited 7/23/08 1:00 PM) reply + / -
No evil ploy. The waste ink has to go somewhere. And where it ends up in a absorber pad. Without the protection counter ink will start to leak out of the printer. Without the protection counter you would have the waste ink flowing from the printer.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 won't print by mjhaider (7/23/08 12:31 PM) reply+1 + / -
No error message - cleaning doesn't change anything - will not print.... will cleaning kit work?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Wes (edited 7/23/08 12:59 PM) reply + / -
The cleaning kit usually does the job. But if there is a bad component like the print head or main board failure then the kit will do no good.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (8/23/08 9:41 AM) reply + / -
My Epson R300 dos not print,I get a message (service required), Parts at end of service life,How can I repair this printer? Regards Mike

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Eagle_tech (8/31/08 7:30 AM) reply + / -
the printer firmware will stop the printer from working (“Ink Waste Pad is Full” or "Service Required, Printer Parts are at the end of service life"error) and you will have to take your printer to a service center to have the Waste ink pads replaced and the counter reset to zero. This will cost from $50 - $300. (depending on model)

check on ebay for under $14.00 External waste ink tank and reset.

search eBay "Epson Waste Ink Tank" easy to put in and guy is great for support

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (9/30/08 1:09 PM) reply + / -
Power low ink and stop cleared the error message which stated service required, parts in printer have reached the end of their life.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (2/23/09 2:48 PM) reply + / -
You absolute BEAUTY! There was me thinking my printer was doomed and hey presto! Thank you.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by daveclap (3/12/09 1:07 PM) reply + / -
I have done the above steps holding down the 3 buttons to reset the printer which seems to have cleared the message - unfortunately I am now unable to comunicate with the printer from computer - have tried a different computer too - almost as if usb coms have been turned off in the printer - can anyone help?
Thanks

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by larry69 (8/28/09 6:32 AM) reply + / -
done a clean up ie nozzle check and head cleaning all colours are spot on but cant get the black working. i use continueous flow bulk ink. can anyone help please.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by stefanie (9/15/09 1:03 PM) reply + / -
THANKYOUUU!!!! I WAS ON THE VERGE OF SMASHING MINE! the combination is the power, low ink and stop buttons :)

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by daledale (11/11/09 2:20 PM) reply + / -
Can anybody help me? On my printer it says "general error see your printer documentation for information about clearing the error". I would love if I could find the documentation but I cant. I have tried holding down the three buttons but to no avail. Please help.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by daledale (11/12/09 11:57 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the help philly but is there a quicker solution like pressing three buttons? This printer is getting me quite mad!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by casamaureem (11/12/09 1:13 PM) reply + / -
will not feed the paper having to do iot manual.
any ideas please

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by daledale (11/13/09 11:05 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have moved the print head by hand and it has caused the error message on my epson stylus R300. Can anybody help? I tried pressing the three buttons but to no avail.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by John Welch (11/17/09 8:24 AM) reply + / -
Has anyone actually removed the waste ink pad and cleaned it and if so could you advise how to please. Also if it has made any difference without using the reset or if you have to reset it when you have cleaned the pad?
many thanks

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by philly5706 (11/18/09 4:12 PM) reply + / -
You should perform the reset when you clean the pads.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (1/16/10 1:58 AM) reply + / -
brilliant reply. it fixed my problem many thanks +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (1/26/10 12:11 PM) reply + / -
you wouldn't want a faint heart when you press the 3 butons!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anonymous (1/27/10 4:43 PM) reply + / -
its power ok ans stop

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by scarbuck (8/22/11 12:22 PM) reply + / -
I followed these instructions from an earlier post and they worked perfectly. The slight gringing sound was not slight at all and the thing sounded like it was self destructing but it didn't last long and it worked out.

Hi, Sally

Probably a little late - but maybe this will help others.
Switch off printer, hold down 'Power' 'Maintenance' and 'Stop' buttons simultaneously for between 5 and 10 secs and the printer will switch itself on and reset itself. There may be a grinding noise - but this is normal. Switch off and switch on again, and hey, presto! :-)

The reason for the 'service' message is that Epson apparently program a counter into the printer, and when a certain number of prints have been completed (or a certain time has passed)the printer flashes up this message and wants you to book an Epson service.

I've been told that this is an 'evil ploy' by Epson to generate revenue - but I wouldn't DREAM of suggesting that! :-)

All I know is that I have reset my own R300 three times, and it's still going strong.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by C-C good (8/25/11 8:01 PM) reply + / -
I tried everything from cleaning the head and the noozle thing. Holding down the three keys. It's not printing. Nothing. It hummed away with just a blank sheet. Really need help.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by printerrepairpros (8/29/11 6:00 PM) reply + / -
C-C good, sounds like you are experiencing ink starvation. If you put water on the cap assembly pad and run a cleaning cycle you can determine whether there is a pump problem. The cap assembly is on the right side of the printer where the carriage comes to rest. Power on the printer and pull the plug when it starts to go through its initialization process. You should be able to move the carriage to the left, exposing the pad. Puddle water on the pad, move the carriage to its home position, turn printer on and run cleaning cycle. Following the cycle go through the above steps to see whether the water has been sucked away. If not, you have a pump or tubing problem. Hope this helps.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by ManfredHami (edited 9/1/11 5:32 AM) reply + / -
Please can anyone help!
I'm new here and I have the Epson stylus photo R300, I don't know if this is driver problem, a printer problem, or another problem, but I've created a printing test page(http://www.articlewritingtools.com/cpn.php) that each time when I try to print it directly from my browser (IE 9) goes out with the wrong font...never seen this before! The font on the screen is totally different from the output printed font. I tried updating my driver, but it didn’t help. I have no idea how to handle this problem.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Ted S (11/8/11 4:20 AM) reply + / -
WOW! Thanks guys! I have had an old R300 on a shelf for two years wondering when I was going to throw it away!!! I had to use two processes - the Pwr, Maint. Stop reset the ink counter. I cleaned the ink blotter. Then I got a general error which was cleared by PW, Low Ink, Stop. Ted

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Arsemode (11/21/11 3:23 PM) reply + / -
I purchased secondary market, refillable, clear cartridges for my R300s. They have been great, until I downloaded a "counter reset utility". Now both my R300s post the message, "Ink Cartridges cannot be recognized". Epson probably put this utility on the web. Anyone else download a utility like this?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by John G. (1/9/12 12:12 PM) reply + / -
I don't have any of the problems listed. My printer works fine. The only thing I have a problem with is if I leave it turned on for more than 10 minutes, it won't turn off. I have to unplug it to turn it off. Any one else have this problem?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Anastasia Pierce (1/9/12 1:19 PM) reply + / -
It was work perfectly, thanks for the tip. Happy to save some money!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by john Evans (4/30/12 6:11 AM) reply + / -
Thanks this worked great advice*****

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by mccallphoto (10/25/12 12:51 PM) reply + / -
I've been getting globs of ink on my prints. Any idea what is causing this & what I can do to fix it ?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Wes (10/25/12 4:50 PM) reply + / -
Read here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/phface.html

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by FRANCOrau (12/5/12 1:01 AM) reply + / -
la carta si inceppa sempre:si blocca un po' piu' avanri dellla
posizione di stampa. e si accende il led manutenzione .
avete suggerimenti???ho gia reasettato diverse volte con i 3 tasti ma niente- grazie

Epson R300 End of Life Message by Pam J (5/8/13 11:17 AM) reply + / -
Copied from below by Anon to Sally: (this worked for me, but grinding noise scared me - but it's fine).

Thank you!!! Yay, I don't have to buy a new printer.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by bryan (UK) (8/1/13 1:53 PM) reply + / -
Brilliant advice; I too thought I would have to bin the printer but the reset procedure cured everything. Only thing is the grinding noise is not 'slight', I had a similar sound when the blades on my Flymo exploded a couple of weeks ago.

ps. our cat is still up a tree in the back garden

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by acrilok (12/6/13 6:52 AM) reply + / -
I have not tried this program on an Epson R3000. I have an R800, 1270,1280 and a CX6600 Epson printers. All of them have had the error to service them. It seems an internal counter had determined that the waste tank was full. I downloaded a program that allows a user to reset the counter. It worked VERY well for each of the above. Best of all, this software is FREE!!

This program also gives you a tank level indication to the nearest 1% unlike the Epson program that seems to round to the nearest 10%. It saved me a bunch of bucks enabling me to run down the cartridges to 1% without fear of running out during a print job.

Read the instructions carefully so that you don't perform anything you may regret later. But the user interface is easy to understand.

Here is a link to the site...

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Look towards the bottom to find the program download link.

Norton AV and Malwarebytes approves of this program as well.

Hope this helps some of you!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 by Colleen Chen (12/6/13 8:31 AM) reply + / -

My Printer : Epson Stylus Photo 1400 stopped working; Before it stopped it gave the "Service required Parts are at end of Service Life "

can you suggest if it can be repaired?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 by Colleen Chen (12/6/13 8:37 AM) reply + / -
My Printer : Epson Stylus Photo 1400 stopped working; Before it stopped it gave the "Service required Parts are at end of Service Life "

can you suggest if it can be repaired?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by philly5706 (12/8/13 12:37 PM) reply + / -
Go to the Epson site, search for your printer and get the file that will reset the message. You may have to email them to get it. They will ask for the serial number of your printer etc.

HtH

Phil

Re: Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Keith R (4/29/14 7:22 PM) reply + / -
OMG! Yes, this works. The R300 is a great machine, and worked very reliably for several years before the "parts at end of life" message. I figured I got my money's worth, and bid on another one on eBay...and then found this post. Well, always good to have a spare, but it looks like this cat's got another few lives left. I wonder how to clean the waste pads, if that's the problem.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by Wes (edited 4/29/14 11:38 PM) reply + / -
The absorbent pads are in the in the bottom of the printer. Look here for more info http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/r300.html I don't remember the exact page so just click through until you find it.

But you will need to remove the scanner. The mid section then access the pads.

I wish you luck and I hope this helps.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by keith r. (5/1/14 9:33 PM) reply + / -
Fantastic, will try. thanks.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by swanmark (8/20/14 4:13 AM) reply + / -
Hi Guys, I have been printing normally when I was doing a print of 100 pages, half way through the printing the page only started to print one line across the top of the page, and now it wont print at all, I have shut it down and reinstalled it but nothing, it go`s through the motions when it starts up and it even shows the ink levels as if its ready to print, then nothing, but there are no print errors or anything showing anywhere any help guys, thanks in advance

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 by mrstills (9/9/14 1:27 PM) reply + / -
My printer works perfectly, apart from the fact that it will only print size 10x15, no matter what I do to alter the size it reverts back to 10x15. Any ideas please.

Re: Epson R300 End of Life Message by moorepa45 (11/4/14 7:16 AM) reply + / -
Fortunately the grinding sound was brief and the reset works. Do I now need to figure out how to check the waste container? Thanks, Paul

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters