fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by AnnaC (2/6/08 4:36 PM) reply + / -
I've had my Canon MP110 printer for over a year and never had a problem until recently when the paper just stopped feeding. When I send a print job the paper feeds in about 2 inches then skews slightly to the right and stops. The printer indicates it is jammed, but actually the paper isn't even in far enough to be jammed, nothing is gripping it and you can easily pull it out. I've looked and I can't see anything that would interfere with the paper's path, but then again you can't open anything up to look inside further. Please help, it's very frustrating and right now I only have a scanner, no printer.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Anonymous (2/6/08 5:33 PM) reply + / -
I am having this exact same problem with mine.
have you got any where with yours? I have searched
all over for an answer. Any help would be appreicated

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Gudday_M8 (2/6/08 10:42 PM) reply + / -
Sounds suspiciously like something in the paper path or the input paper sensor lever has become jammed or dislodged from it's mount.

You would probably need to remove the covers on this model to get a good look at the feed path, unlike early Canon printers that required just a dentist mirror, a good light, flat blade screwdriver and a spring hook to fix nearly all of these issues.

I've seen everything from bugs, drawing pins and kiddy toys giving this problem.

I could also be that the pickup roller is not gripping the paper, but you would have noticed the gradual increase in pickup problems.
If this is the case, may try and clean the pickup roller with a cotton wipe, cardboard moistened with citrus cleaner or eucalyptus oil

Adieu

Gudday

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by AnnaC (2/7/08 8:56 PM) reply + / -
No, it wasn't gradual. It worked one day and not the next. You're probably right that something must be blocking it, yet I cannot see anything and it's not designed to be able to open it up yourself to have a look. Would I know this 'input paper sensor level' if I saw it? I'm afraid even if I did open it up, unless there was an obvious obstruction I wouldn't know what to look for. Thanks.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by sut (10/25/08 6:25 AM) reply + / -
I had exactly the same problem, one day i suddenly couldn't print. It turned out a pen had rolled just out of view in the paper input area. Just open it and have a look!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by aurel.opris (12/30/08 10:54 PM) reply + / -
Try to clean with alcohol the rubber roller (gray coloured),in paper tray ,on right side seen from front/above the printer . Sometimes it gets dirty(dust from the air).Have you got an early paperjam? It's possible to have a small amount of paper rest in papertray on the left side of the printer,seen fron front.Don't try to dismont the printer, it,s quite difficult(i'm working in this domain) and have an MP110 too.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by dandeliondream (4/30/09 2:58 AM) reply + / -
This is totally awesome. I turned the printer upside down, shaked it a little and small pieces of paper just dropped...the printer is now back to working condition. Thanks!!!

Re: Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by moogle301 (11/29/09 2:58 PM) reply + / -
Lucky you...
Mine didn't fix..
and if i keep forcing it to print it prints more and more at an angle until it gets chewed up
mine is the mp210

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by wanderwoman (12/23/09 11:39 AM) reply+1 + / -
OMG! You guys are so amazing! I had the exact same problem with my Canon Pixma MX310. Canon tech support basically told me that it was time to buy a new printer (it is only 18 months old). After 2 days of online browsing I finally googled this site and followed dandeliondream's advice: Picked up the machine, turned it over, and shook. And out fell a pushpin!! Problem solved, printer's working great. I feel like calling Canon tech support, they should be telling people this instead of trying to sell them new printers (like that's gonna happen ;-) Thanks, love ya!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Anonymous (1/9/10 1:43 AM) reply + / -
i did what it said turn it upside down and shake it!

BEST THING EVER ...

IM SO HAPPY THIS HAS BEEN PISSING ME OFF FOR AGES..

found a ear ring stuck in the printer
thank you tech people!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tonystark034 (2/2/10 6:26 PM) reply + / -
I tried to turn the machine upside down and still haven't had any success. I tried to contact Canon but the instructions I got from them were worthless... can anyone please help

Re: Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by aurel.opris (2/2/10 9:15 PM) reply + / -
Hey tonystark ! Before to be so angry , please tell me what's happen and how react your printer if you are triyng to print something out . Without any information is quite impossible to get a meaning about what is possible to do to your printer. I will try to help you if you do, okay ? Wait of your requested information,best on my own mail(aurel.opris@gmail.com),not on forums.Relu

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by american idle (3/24/10 9:12 AM) reply + / -
My printer was doing the exact same thing. I thought the people who turned theirs over were idiots as that couldn't be the case for my printer. It was printing just fine and then 5 minutes later it wasn't saying I didn't have any paper loaded. I turned my over and shook it and nothing came out. I stuck my hand in the crease where the paper goes in and shook and whoa-lah! Low and behold, I'm the idiot, a pen had gotten stuck in there somehow.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by dtorres03 (4/1/10 12:40 PM) reply + / -
Wow, I have been suffering without my Canon MX310 printer for about 3 months. I did what everyone was saying. I turned it upside down and shook it and out came a bobby pin. lol. My printer works now.
Thanks for the advice!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by roshni129 (4/19/10 12:03 AM) reply + / -
I turned mine upside too! Best thing ever...now its working fine...:)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by nate81 (4/28/10 5:33 AM) reply + / -
i have a canon mx310, and i dropped a marble sized peice of spackle into the paper feed, it dried up and is now blocking the paper from going in....how do i open this thing up so i can clean it out properly??

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Allfeae (7/16/10 12:22 PM) reply + / -
As retarded as this solution sounds, that this many people could have the same exact issue of just something falling in... I turned mine upside down also and sure enough, a Nintendo DS game i had been missing fell out XD THANK YOU! XD

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by smalltowngl (8/13/10 8:10 AM) reply + / -
Thank you! Thank you! Another printer saved today! I was about to give up. I turned it upside down and shook. Nothing happened. I should some more. Still nothing happened. I got a flashlight out. Just as I was about to give up for good, I saw a flash of pink down in there. It turned out to be an eraser. After some handy work with some tweezers, my printer is well again.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Lisa K (8/27/10 7:22 PM) reply + / -
UNBELIEVABLE! I've been without my printer for 6 months! After 3 months it just stopped working - the paper would not feed through. I performed the cleaning as per the instructions and still it would not work. Since it was just past the 3 month warranty I figured that was it. So tonight my husband started reading all these posts to me and I was thinking "how nice for all of you but there's nothing jammed in my printer". That is until he told me that he didn't even have to turn it all the way upside down before a pen fell out. I was flabbergasted! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your help.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by juice10 (10/5/10 5:14 PM) reply+1 + / -
Thank you, thank you, thank you. My printer would pull the paper about a quarter of an inch and then appear to get stuck...only it wasn't really stuck. Ive had my printer packed away in the closet because I just refused to throw it away since it still worked.

First, I tried to shake it and nothing....maybe I wasn't shaking hard enough? Then I went and bought alcohol and that didn't work either. I tried to shake again, with frustration by this point, and *wala*....I puzzle piece emerges! Works like new! Thank you!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by mousie (10/22/10 11:12 PM) reply + / -
i am having the same problem with my pixma mx310 and like juice10, i shook, cleaned it, and problem still existed...so out of frustration i shook it and a bobby pin fell out...i was like great it should work now, but no.. i am still having the same problem...i go to print and the printer roller grabs the paper from the corner and the paper doesnt go any further, however the printer goes through the motion tht it is printin,,,making the sounds and all...what is the problem!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by hessian_peel (11/15/10 4:58 AM) reply + / -
best advice in the whooooole world!!!!!

At first I thought everyone was pretty silly for getting things stuck in their printer...but I pick it up, shake it and VOILAAAA A PEN!!!!

Thank you for the amazing advice :) my printer is now pen free and works perfectly :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ouma (12/16/10 12:58 PM) reply + / -

Such a brilliant idea, I tried all the cleaning stuff, to no avail, found this site - decided to give it a 'go' unplugged the printer, gave it a good shake, and "low and behold" it is FIXED. Thanks everyone!

Re: Canon MX310 Won't print 'Caus Paper Won't Feed by Lovefortune77 (12/26/10 7:37 PM) reply + / -
Awful solution! I was about to dump my almost new Canon MX310 because the paper feeder won't work -- paper would only feed a little at the right corner and stop. I was about to dump the printer but I chanced on this page. I turned it upside down and shook it. A pen fell out :-)! Then I cleaned the paper tray with an alcohol swab before plugging it back on running a print-test again. Voila! Now it works like new. Thanks!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by 5599222 (2/12/11 10:43 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem with my printer. Printed one document fine and the next, kept pulling the paper in crooked. So as all the posts say to do, I turned it upside down and shook. Out came a Bic pen that must have fallen in between documents.

Thank you everyone for the "shake it upside down" suggestion. I was ready to chuck it and buy a new one.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by BernardP (2/13/11 12:43 PM) reply + / -
The paper in my Canon MP210 was jamming as soon as the rollers engaged. I unplugged it and shook it upside down as vigorously as I could without breaking it. Nothing came out, so I sat it down and blew air into the roller area where the paper feeds in. When I opened the lid there was a tiny shred of paper sitting on the other side of the rollers where the ink cartridges are. I took the paper out and when I plugged the printer back in it worked fine again.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by HardMaple72 (3/30/11 1:56 PM) reply + / -
Plastic wire tie for me. It didn't shake free though, I had to go down through the chute with a flashlight and tweezer to find the little bugger. I never realized it didn't have screws to allow me to make repairs. Makes me wonder how they can send out "remanufactured" units on warranty repairs when there are no screws to open the unit. Magic screwdrivers? That's my last Canon.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Ganjdolf (3/31/11 9:19 PM) reply + / -
LMAO! i just flipped the thing upside and shook it... I didnt see anything fall out but sure enough it finally feeds the paper through... out of ink tho D'OH

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by rshaw (4/16/11 2:30 PM) reply + / -
After so much time with tech support, (cleaning rollers, turning on and off, etc. etc.) I finally saw this thread about turning it upside down and shaking it. Tried it and nothing happened, but when I tried to print, it printed fine and out with the printed copy came a little chewed up piece of paper.

You guys are awesome. All works great now. I agree, why doesn't tech support just say to do this. (Actually, I was beginning to think this thread was some kind of joke--all the people saying how it worked for them). I am just so happy now--no more frustration.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by nickisnj (edited 5/5/11 5:55 PM) reply + / -
My 4 year old MP210 hasn't been feeding paper for almost 2 years...I've just been using it to scan. I thought it was time I tried to fix it or throw it out. I was reading all these posts thinking "how on earth could you get something stuck in the printer and not know?!?".

But...I followed the advice...I turned the printer upside down and shook...and although the paper still didn't feed, it was now half feeding. My husband took a closer look and pulled out a ribbon from a chocolate box stuck inside!! We laughed so hard!! Thanks for the tip! The printer's working like a charm now!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by rachie (5/14/11 5:56 AM) reply + / -
if the shaking doesnt work (it didnt with me) try pushing a thin piece of cardboard through the paper feeder...if it still doesnt work, push the cardboard through from the front tray. after trying all the tricks, this is what worked for me!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Digital Viking (5/16/11 7:03 AM) reply + / -
I found an MP210 thrown away in the dump this morning and it looked OK so I brought it home. Scanning worked perfectly but I soon noticed the paper feed didn't. Had a look around the web and found a few people suggesting one should clean the feed roller. Even though I had to pull the damn thing apart, plastic pieces and screws later, it still didn't work. I put it back together again.

So like the stubborn viking I am I eventually found this thread. Read half way through it and Laughed MAO. How could that work after all I'd already done? Decided to give it a whirl, turned it over and a pale starved moose dropped to the floor. Turned the printer back around and hooked it up - voilá - prints like a nordic diety!

Thank you Fixyourownprinter, guys and girls! <3

Also, nice creativity with the cardboard-trick rachie, although I didn't need to try it out. PS. no a moose really wasn't stuck in there, but as I shook it something else started rattling around so I guess something else was :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by hanakiali (6/8/11 6:57 AM) reply + / -
i have canon mp250 for 4 month working perfect ,then suddenly the paper just stopped feeding. so i tried to clean it up then shake it like silly, nothing happen ok i thought my printer is away of taking thing inside, so i put my hand looking for something broken wow, i found small pen cover is in the back.thank you all you have save my printer my time

Thank you thank you thank Fixyourownprinter

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by svg23 (6/30/11 9:32 AM) reply + / -
wow so glad i found this i was ready to go buy a new printer.. turned it upside down & out came a quarter & 2 pennies so now im 27 cents richer & my printer works also

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by hoopster049 (7/4/11 3:48 AM) reply + / -
I have an MP210 which would'nt feed; did the shake routine nothing; having lifted up up scanner, spotted a small piece of paper on right hand of white rollers next to ink jet cartridges; removed that; did'nt really work; inserted thin card in paper tray(A4)printed something and as it started to feed pushed in through; then tried printing again and it finally worked

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by cc0904 (7/19/11 1:12 PM) reply + / -
I didn't want to get my hopes up that this would work for me, too...it really did seem too good to be true but sure enough I turned it over, shook, and out fell one of those little paper clamps. How could one solution that is so simple work for so many people. HOORAY!! Thank you! :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by JaviS54 (7/21/11 11:54 PM) reply + / -
Found one on craigslist with the same symptoms, shook it as soon as I got home and out came a moving doll eye, worked like a charm.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tummy upset (7/22/11 10:24 PM) reply + / -
Read this whole thread, who would think this would work. How about a TUMS Tablet, yep, works like a charm.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by reader (7/23/11 5:52 PM) reply + / -
I shook and shook and nothing happened....

Until I shook really hard a my roommates small Harry Potter charm fell out! Works perfectly now!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Sindy (8/3/11 3:11 PM) reply + / -
Hurrah!!!!!!! You folks are just amazing!
I have been fussing with this Canon MX340 for a couple of weeks, looked high and low, could find nothing on the canon website and thought I had a glorified scanner now. But then I stumbled onto you guys!!!
I turned my printer upside down, (kind of roughly I might add) but nothing fell out.:-(
I had faith in your help here, so I took a flashlight into the paper holder and you will not believe it!!! there - partially rolled up - was a bandade!!!! and yes, tweezers were the only way to remove it
Thank you...thank you....thank you!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by spice-girl007 (8/16/11 9:39 PM) reply + / -
Ok! I've read and read and read. Shooken my printer. Disaasembled it! Everyhthing and nothing! I really need help!!!! :]

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Miserable (8/17/11 4:25 AM) reply + / -
I have a MP250 which I have only used once since I bought it in March and it worked perfectly. A month later I tried to print again and it keeps feeding the page to the right. I've opened it, cleaned it, shook it, everything. NOT working! Please help with any advice? I'm about to buy a new printer!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Woohoo (8/18/11 5:45 AM) reply + / -
I thought you were all nuts and was having a giggle. I turned it and bashed it and broke the top off it...and then I saw the pen!!!! Scratched fingers and some swearing later and my printer is off and running again!! Awesome guys

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by So Happy (8/20/11 11:41 AM) reply + / -
Turned my printer over and out fell a pen! I just tried to print something and it's working again! Thank you thank you thank you!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by lundy (8/21/11 3:10 PM) reply + / -
Worked on mine for a good hour or so. I turned it upside down and everything and then saw the post about putting cardboard through it. I cut off the front of an old spiral notebook (perfect size) and fed it through. I found a piece of an old cat food bag, a ball of fuzz, and a QTIP!! It still wouldn't work though and so I fed the notebook through again and found two pieces of cat food.

I guess we should all start taking the paper out and shutting that compartment!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by dartsy (8/25/11 8:28 AM) reply + / -
Please help!!!! I've read every post and tried every suggestion. My Canon MP490 is doing the exact same thing with the exception of only feeding thick (stock) paper. Regular paper won't feed.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by dartsy (8/25/11 9:52 AM) reply + / -
Hooray! I was frustrated after reading how the shaking worked for everyone. So, after I posted my message, I gave the printer an agressive shake and low and behold it worked.

No Subject by parth patel (8/27/11 3:54 PM) reply + / -
my laptop says that the printer is not responding. i am fed up with it

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by TJFoley (9/6/11 4:58 AM) reply + / -
Don't you just love forums! Just found this one specifically to see if anybody had the same woes with the MP210. Well, whoever suggested shaking the printer is a genius. I had the same problem, paper tracked to right, got chewed up and had a horrible crease down the centre. I shook the printer upside down several times...lots of little beads from a kids bracelet fell out, printer better, but still chewed up paper slightly. Decided to really shake the printer with gusto...haha...out falls a metal bead somewhat larger than the rest, and blow me down...the printer works perfectly again...amazing!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by SunnybushGardens (9/8/11 2:55 PM) reply + / -
I tried all of the above to no avail with my MX340. Finally called Canon Customer Support Center and they agreed to send a replacement printer (albeit refurbished). I figure I have nothing to loose at this point given this one will not print at all.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by avrila (9/10/11 5:30 AM) reply + / -
HI...
Having the same problem here..
was amazed by the solution to turn the printer upside down..
I tried it once.. and waiting for a miracle..
but nothing happen.. the problem remain..

then, I continue reading this thread and decided to shook the printer once again.. this time I do it more aggressively..
and it works!!

I didn't find anything coming through like a piece of paper, earrings or what so ever. I think the problem is because the pathway of my printer is quite dusty..

Thanks people..
and if you get the same problem..
try this solution. If it is not work, maybe you can try even until three times.. =D

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Lyndsy (9/18/11 1:21 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU That worked on my Canon MP140
I shook it Hard and happy now!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by giraffe445 (9/25/11 6:53 AM) reply + / -
i tried to turn the printer upside down more than 3 times . waiting for a miracle to happen . but its still the same. i used flashlight and tweezer hoping to find something . but nothing..
i kinda lost hope already..
can you guys help me ?

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by SunnybushGardens (9/25/11 1:09 PM) reply + / -
When nothing worked for me, I called Canon support and they shipped a refurbished replacement for free. Call during normal business hours because I think the support is better than off hours. While refurbished wasn't my first choice, it works unlike the original four month old printer.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Hiphiphooray (10/3/11 12:29 PM) reply + / -
Let me join the club....we homeschool and without our wireless printer I was going nuts!!!! Thankfully I found this site and told my husband that most people were saying something had fallen. We turned it over, tried shaking but nothing came out, we had to reach down and grab it....for us it was a silicone wrist band from one of my boys!!!

Re: Canon MP492 won't print, paper won't feed by Tamnobel (10/16/11 9:34 AM) reply + / -
Same thing with me. Printer stopped feeding, turned it upside down, shook it and out fell The Great Wall of China! Ok then so I jest but the sodding thing is still not feeding.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by HappyPrinter04 (10/16/11 11:56 AM) reply + / -
Add me to the upside downers - nothing fell out when I turned it upside down and shook it - BUT - I happen to peer into the paper feed, and viola! there was a sticky Post It note stuck in there! Removing it solved the problem! I can't thank you enough :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Logical (11/2/11 9:11 AM) reply + / -
After reading this forum, I've gone from 'nothing could be jammed in my MX850 to cause my feed problem' to--tonight, I'm turning mine upside down.

And 1 more thing: Refurbished Fears. Perhaps we all should NOT be nervous since the Canon Service center is just collecting printers, doing the Etch-A-Sketch dance on each one and shipping it out as 'refurbished' and when the next one comes it, Etch-A-Sketch a moose out of the feed...and ship it right back out....

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Amazed....Astounded! (11/6/11 8:21 AM) reply + / -
O. M. G. !!! I tried turning it upside down and shaking it to oblivion for about 2 HOURS!!! However, it wasn't until I finally shed some light on the situation (my desk lamp) that I found the true source of my problem. A sephora lip liner pencil lodged behind the first roller of the paper feeder on my Canon Pixma MP250, which I plucked out with a hair pin! Thank you everyone on this post. My printer is saved! Canon is a very smart company. They do not have to build their products to malfunction in a couple of years! NO! All they need is the assistance of a Hairpin, pencil, pen, rubberband, etc. And they have people buying their product again and again in no time! Smart!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by emi (11/8/11 9:25 PM) reply + / -
Yep, had the same issue. Turns out a pushpin fell down there.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by psunlucky (11/11/11 5:54 PM) reply + / -
Well i can't be so lucky of course - i have been without my mp160 for months because of this issue and finally tonite I found a new ink cartridge (this too has been put off due to economics affecting our household badly - and well printer not working why buy ink right now) anyways wish i hadn't of put it in I maybe could of took it back to store for one for my epson printer - old reliable but alas also out of ink. The thing has always made a loud noise at print like something just didn't fit right and i now believe it is the right side of the roller/paper feed the white thing appears now to be not on its gear or broken possibly from a couple years of use not knowing it was breaking itself - it had been that way from the start brand new but it was working so figured a fluke i guess. I did all the above tho - nothing fell out of mine which actually surprises me the mess of a room its in. I guess i could take the screws out and see if the wheel thing feeder is something that can be popped back into place or if its actually broken - i did get a lil bit of white grease from that area thats what made me check it further and see that its further down in its slot than it should be, and of course the feed roll is not rolling at all :(
I imagine its cheaper to buy another printer rather than fix this if its broken beyond my ability eh? I liked this one for all it was capable of doing - although it appears to be rather cheaply made/manufactured at best.

Re: Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by psunlucky (11/11/11 6:09 PM) reply + / -
well i would go that route if they would send me one that works - whats the deal on this if i send them back in this printer they will send me a refurb one for sending this one in?? guess i should just call and find out right? lol

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by garyanton (11/15/11 6:40 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon MX310. The "shake it upside down" solution worked for me - a small shard from a broken lightbulb had fallen into the feed mechanism.

Thank you very much for the wise advice about which I was utterly skeptical.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by lively (11/21/11 6:48 AM) reply + / -
Like many - I was absolutely sure this wasn't my problem. With a "nothing to lose" mentality I gave it a shot. A jingle bell fell out of mine... ROFL!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by hdrider71 (11/23/11 11:51 PM) reply + / -
Not used my printer in over a month...read this and thought No Way....LOL
Seems my boys were messing around and I had a blow dart down in the printer feed area...WORKING NOW!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by apace (12/1/11 2:07 PM) reply + / -
Ha, I was lameting this morning that all of a sudden my printer stopped feeding paper through, and I'd have to buy a new one. I figured my toddler had broken it, as I've already had to clean dried milk off the platen, lol.
I carefully turned it upside down and gave it a light shake - and a Lego fell out. Darn kids! Thanks for offering such a simple suggestion!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by no longer frustrated (12/14/11 3:41 AM) reply + / -
I turned it upside down, shook it, some bugs fell out and now it's printing again!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by oriventura (12/16/11 11:24 AM) reply + / -
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The moment I turned my MP250 upside down, a small battery which fell of the desk to the paper fell out. Now the printer works!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Reenie (1/2/12 12:50 AM) reply + / -

AWESOME! ONE OR MAYBE TWO PEOPLE MAKING SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE ESTATICALLY HAPPY BY TELLING US TO TURN OUR PRINTER UPSIDE DOWN AND SHAKE....AND THE ONE THAT ADVISED USING THIN CARDBOARD TO FEED THROUGH THE ROLLERS, ESSENTIAL ON SOME BLOCKAGES. ( MINE NEEDED THAT)...AFTER HOURS AND HOURS OF CANON SOLUTIONS NOT WORKING, SEARCHING THE NET ETC...AWESOME!THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Riri (1/2/12 7:12 PM) reply + / -
My printer pauses in the middle of printing, leaving sections of the paper blank or faded. Ink is full

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Roberts_8 (1/5/12 12:28 PM) reply + / -
Hi all,

I have spent days trying to fix my printer feed and was starting to panic as I have a Msc hand in on Monday, so when I started to read this threat thought there was no way that "giving it a shake" would help. But 4 shakes and a tooth pick later I managed to retrieve a large paper clip that must have fallen off the desk last week. At last I can print again! THANK YOU!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by brewer5 (1/8/12 4:15 PM) reply + / -
OK, I had tried everything... nothing worked, even shaking it didn't yield any results, then I used a small cardstock piece of paper and it went through straight, so I knew there was SOMETHING on the right side blocking paper... I again shook and shook it, and when nothing happened I decided to force cardstock paper in as far as it would go and when it jammed try and pull it through.. guess what?! It worked! Out popped a small green squishy stuffed animal nose. Keep trying people, there's bound to be something in there blocking one side ;)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by madguru (1/13/12 8:38 PM) reply+1 + / -
Amazing! I had a picture hook some how stuck in there! I was reading this thread thinking hell no, was persistent and finally located the issue! Thank you for such a simple solution!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by madonetwo (1/16/12 5:36 PM) reply + / -
Listen, I was the biggest skeptic ever. My husband was poised to go out and buy a new printer. I tried cleaning the wheel. I turned it over several times but nothing. So I left it for a month or two but Sat night I desperately needed to print a eulogy....so I came back to this website. I turned the printer upside down and out came a "goldfish cracker'. But then no printing. I turned again and some crumbs. I cleaned the feeding wheel, nothing. Finally I turned if over, shook like heck and out came a few more crumbs. I then noticed another error about connection so I reinstalled the drivers....and VOILA!!! it printed!!! I was flat out shocked. PLEASE try this maneuver before you throw your printer out the window. Thanks so much for the advice!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Superfish2 (1/17/12 9:06 AM) reply + / -
I fixed my MP250 by fishing a strip of plastic out of the paper feed area. At first I thought it was supposed to be there, but it was actually a strip off a clamshell package. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by LisaF014 (1/20/12 3:19 PM) reply + / -
I just want to say "Thank you so much to all of those who posted here". When I got reading the messages I thought...my printer is up high, there is no way anything is stuck in the path...because I had no other options I decided to unplug and turn upside down and shake. Well nothing came out...so I was a little sad. But then I got looking a little closer and noticed a small disc (from one of my sons shooting toys) had jammed down under the roller where I wouldn't be able to see it unless I unplugged and took it down from the top of the desk. So happy! My printer works now!! Thank you EVERYONE!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by printerlover (1/25/12 1:30 PM) reply + / -
I thought you all mental- got angry at my printer- shook it like mental and a QUID landed on my foot! Now I have a working printer and I'm better off! Result!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by :) (1/28/12 5:27 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot for the shake-suggestion. First a piece of wood came out. Shaking harder resulted in a strip of pills :). Thanks!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by therck (1/28/12 2:00 PM) reply + / -
After 3 years of working well, this printer started taking the paper in skewed to the right and then jammed. I ran roller clean operations to no avail. Other sources have said to turn the printer upside down and shake it to dislodge/remove any objects or stray pieces of paper. I did this a few times and found no such items. I then ran ran slightly thicker paper and performed some more roller cleaning cycles. And, to my amazement, the printer started feeding just fine. Voodoo? Don't know. Don't care. All is well now.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by therck (1/28/12 2:05 PM) reply + / -
Correction. My printer is the MX330, but the procedure works.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by fjkdg (1/29/12 6:33 PM) reply + / -
Pencil lead for me - Canon MX340 - thanks!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Puger (2/1/12 12:05 PM) reply + / -
I had the same paper skewing problem. Did the shaking, cleaning, etc and it was better and the paper would feed thru, but it was still skewed. I ran thru a much heavier weight paper a few times and whatever was in there causing the problem dislodged (never did see what it was) and the printer is fine now.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by l_young (2/2/12 7:07 AM) reply + / -
Thanks! We had the same paper problem. The shaking upside down did not work but putting the thin piece of cardboard solved the problem!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ExcitedFreak (2/2/12 2:07 PM) reply + / -
I tried the shaking and it did not work as nothing came out. I then tried the cardboard trick, which I read from one of the nice people here and it worked. I used a flexible hard cover from a training material by slightly forcing it through while the rollers were on feeding mode. It fed through and it came out with a dead butterfly pieces on the other end. I cleaned paper and fed it over for about 4 times until it came out clean on the discharge end again and then started printing the real stuff, damn it worked. Hey Guys this is unbelievable. I had gone to the shop today and spotted a printer which i was going to buy tomorrow due to the paper not feeding through on this one, I came across this website and i found the solution. Damn you guys are amazing!!! I have just saved 1000 bucks!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Puger (2/3/12 6:00 AM) reply + / -
Dear ExcitedFreak....
Glad my idea worked. I thought it up myself when all the other suggestions I found on line didn't work.
P.S. I am not a "guy", but thanks for the accolades!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by trink (2/3/12 3:31 PM) reply + / -
Same Problem for me with a cable tie. THe upside down shake did not work for me first time. I opened the top of my MX340, Back fed a thick piece of card to dislodge the cable tie, then did the upside down shaking. Voila. Printing again...

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by l (2/4/12 5:00 PM) reply + / -
i shook it upside down and i found my brothers lego in it

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by rogert (2/5/12 9:59 AM) reply + / -
my Canon MX300 started doing the same feeding problem.I tried shaking, banging, blowing compressed air, nothing helped. Then I tried the cardboard trick, out came cracker crumbs.
Thanks a million.
Roger

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by peejaycee_16 (2/6/12 6:16 PM) reply + / -
I have a Canon MP198 and i'm just about to give up when I read this forum. I tried cleaning the gray rubber with alcohol, but to no avail, still not working. then I see that everyone's been trying to shake their printers down, so I did. Found bits of paper but nothing really big. Still, paper wont feed. I opened the printer and i found a piece of paper right beside the cartridge. Still, paper wont feed.
I did the cardboard thingy and It would feed! so i kept printing and printing blank pages using the cardboard until...... there was this 2 inch paper clip right out the flap.

and now it works perfectly fine!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by smallboy3 (2/19/12 4:38 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for the hint. I have a Canon MX320 with the same problem. Turned it upside down and shook vigorously several times, no improvement. Tried feeding thin cardboard in, no joy there either. Finally tried thicker cardboard - result! The cardboard dislodged a bead that had found its way inside.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by HappyBastard (2/19/12 6:33 PM) reply + / -
Holy CRAP!! Shook it upside down, didn't even see the microscopic bits of paper that must have come out, and first try after that IT WORKS!!! LMFAO I bet people pay technicians good money to perform that task hahah

Re: Canon MX310won't print, paper won't feed by HappyHor (2/22/12 9:23 AM) reply + / -
All i had to do was turn the printer upside down and shake it a little bit, then vaccuum the inside. Worked like a charm !

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Happy Camper (2/25/12 10:25 AM) reply + / -
Hello...I shook and shook and shook and nothing came out. I didn't think there was anything stuck because about 1 out of a hundred tries , with resetting and turning the printer off and on, it WOULD print a sheet....go figure. Also, I pushed a cardboard sheet deep into it and the machine did grab it and pull it through.

So...final try... I had just changed my ink cartridges last week and had noticed some excess ink on the edges of the printed pages before it konked out. When I inspected under the lid, there was a fair bit of ink on some pieces, so I took a kleenex and wiped a few metal pieces...particularly a flat metal thing about 1cm X 1 cm which holds the paper down just to the right of the long white roller drum...it was gummy with ink. (I didn't notice it with no paper in there because everything's so dark, but with the piece of white cardboard partially pushed through, suddenly it showed up clearly to me.) After much wiping of dirty parts and very messy hands, the thing finally started taking paper. So, maybe cleaning up the ink thing was just coincidental, but it wasn't working on shaking alone. Look for extra inky messes under the lid...although, I do believe it was the feeder roller that had the problem...I'm just happy it's printing again.
1) Shake it. If that doesn't work...
2) Clean up inky messes (including on roller) under the cover.
Good luck!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Dalice (3/1/12 9:31 AM) reply + / -
Months have gone by with having a paper feeding problem! I was really getting frustrated because I print out coupons, and for those that know what I mean, after you click to print them once, you can't print them again!!! I tried dumping it upside down, shaking vigorously, unscrewing the back, shining a flashlight to see what might be stuck, etc, etc... FINALLY I put a thin piece of cardboard through the feeder (I used a birthday card torn in half) backwards (through the front first) then shined my flashlight in the top and saw something red with a rounded edge poking out. Thinking..."What on earth could this possibly be?!" The more I prodded at it, the more it went inside the printer. After many tries with the piece of card, I was SUCCESSFUL in pushing it to a point that I could turn the printer upside down and shake it out. It was a RED POKER CHIP! My husband and I don't gamble, but sometimes we play Texas Hold'Em with friends using just cards and no money. The Poker set is in the same room as my printer with all of our other games, and I must have set the chips on the printer, and one slid into the feeder! Thank you for this advice everyone!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Happy Camper (3/1/12 12:12 PM) reply + / -
Hi...I posted two back as "Happy Camper"...just wanted to reiterate what worked for me because I think I downplayed the importance of pushing the cardboard through the paper feeder. It may have been the saving grace for me, whereas my post focuses on cleaning the ink. So:
1)Shake, shake, shake the printer upside down. If that doesn't work..
2)Push a thin piece of cardboard through several times, watching for possible debris. If that doesn't work...
3) Look for inky messes under the lid.
Good Luck!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by prinzwit (3/3/12 1:35 AM) reply + / -
I feel like a winner!!!
I tried to shake it (kinda hard, because canon mp145 is not small), but it didn't work, nothing came out..
I cleaned the roller under the cover, it didn't work either. Finally, i opened the cover and hold the clip (what is it called? i don't know) so i can see the inside but the printer still can print. I tried to print. Only the corner of the paper came out and the printer said it was jammed. I pulled that tiny paper forcefully but in a delicate way ( :) ) and pulled and pulled finally, something came out! It was a small cable that blocked the way! It won't came out when i shake the printer because it was stuck between the roller somewhere inside, i guess. After this, i can use my printer again! Thanks for the advises, it's inspire me.. :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by defb (3/5/12 6:14 PM) reply + / -
thank you! pushing the thin cardboard through, worked! Thank YOU!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tukashaka (3/8/12 2:56 PM) reply + / -
Same problem, I shook and shook and nothing! I was mad everybody. Was getting thiers fixed and I wasn't!! Then some guy on youtube pushed a top of a pizza box through and got his unjammed! I did the same thing TWICE, the second time a stupid popcorn seed came out lol! You really have to shove the card bord throgh though if it doesn't fall out by flipping it!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Cabezasdeb (3/8/12 9:02 PM) reply + / -
You guys are awesome!!!!! Totally worked. I thought my husband broke printer when he shook it so hard but it started printing.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Rumpole (3/9/12 9:04 AM) reply + / -
What a brilliant site! I was given a printer - assured it worked, but it wouldn't print. The air here has been somewhat blue this afternoon, then I found your site. Anyway, twice I shook it and nothing fell out. Then a friend held it while I shone a torch inside and found a bit of prink something or other. I got my tweezers, pulled, and out came a beaded necklace! Now the printer works fine. (Wonder why???) Thank you everyone!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Travis Scholz (3/16/12 12:35 AM) reply + / -
my Canon MP490 wouldn't feed paper. Couldn't see any jam so googled paper jam and found this forum. Tried shaking upside down five or six times, was just about to take it to the shed and blow it out with air, but tried thick paper from the rear feed slot for the third time, and out came a comb from our hair clipper set. Never thought that would fit with out being seen. couldn't believe it. It was wedged in between the rear rollers in the part you can't see. Works fine now.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by cmarie (3/22/12 7:16 PM) reply + / -
This site is the best. I've only had my Canon for about 1 month and I experienced this problem. I was about to be highly upset as this is the 3rd Canon I've had in 4 yrs (others broke for other reasons). If I had to replace another I would have been PISSED. Anyhow, I searched this site then searched in my printer after turning it upside down and I found a stick or plaster lodged in it. I had to use a knife to pry it out but after about 10 minutes I GOT IT!

YEY!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ItWorksNow (3/27/12 5:32 PM) reply + / -
Okay, so I finally got mine to work! Originally, I was going to shake the printer like everyone else said to, but I noticed a flap thing on the back (MX700) and opened it. Inside there was a jammed paper. Although that wasn't the source of the problem, after removing the paper I noticed a little SD card that slid in there. So before shaking the printer, I suggest checking for a back flap :)

Re: Canon i2770 won't print, paper won't feed by ravenbloom (3/28/12 11:11 PM) reply + / -
my cano1 270 feeds normal paper. glossy photo paper. but when i tried printing at the back side(nonglossy part) of the photopaper, it won't feed. last time, it does. suddenly, it won't. hte sometimes, chance event of pushing the paper, it feeds then next time it won't...ahhhhhhhhhhh

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by moe (4/13/12 4:04 PM) reply + / -
I was looking at fixya.com's solution to this problem. I go there when I need a laugh. Absolutely the worst help forum on the internet today. Some end user figured out it was a switch stuck in the down position. In actuality, this is a paper sensor and is supposed to be in the down position because the paper lifts it up so the printer knows when the paper has entered and exited the printer (it drops back down), duh! So here are these people messing with it and breaking it, etc. Printer of course will no longer work. The blind leading the blind. http://www.fixya.com/support/t1288682-canon_mx310_paper_jam

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by LSS (4/29/12 1:06 PM) reply + / -
My printer is a MP495. Same problem as most of the other posts. Paper stop feeding. Would go in 1 or 2 inches and stop. My husband was ready to throw it out. He found this sight with the recommendation to turn it upside down and shake. He shook the printer with lots of enthusiam. A small piece of plastic, needle thin about 1 quarter inch fell out. THE PRINTER WORKS AGAIN. It is worth a try.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Ms. Dee (5/8/12 9:36 AM) reply + / -
Mine still isn't fixed. I turned it upside down and then tried to clean the rollers. It printed one time and didn't do it anymore. Frustrated. I've only had it for 3 months and walmart won't take it back! uggggh!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by aqila (5/30/12 7:16 PM) reply + / -
The shaking methods work perfectly well for my MP210. A pen and tiny piece of paper fell out from the printer. Awesome!! Thank you all.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Kaaren (6/10/12 8:02 PM) reply + / -
Oh, my gosh. My Canon Pixma has been crunching the paper the instant it started to feed, and then it would just get stuck altogether, inside the machine. Plus, its startup noises were really wheezy. This happened all of a sudden, by the way. Was fine one day, and then the next day, this. Turns out One. Single. Chocolate. Chip. was in there. It didn't shake out, but it appeared after I'd run some heavy card stock through manually. Paper feed button wasn't operable at all. Thank you SO. MUCH. for this thread; I would never have known what to try or gotten the thing working without it! (and it does work fine, now) Darn my kids! lol

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Krystyna (6/19/12 11:25 AM) reply + / -
Well mine is an hp but I was having the same problem. Paper started to feed into printer about 2 inches then it stopped and started making a noise and stopped. I found this site and tried cleaning the rollers but that wasn't the problem.... so I picked it up and turned it over and shook it... nothing came out.... but something inside of me knew it was blocked by something so I opened the front and looked into the printer and sure enough... waaay in the back there was a cotton swab! lodged in the left corner way in the back. I almost didn't see it! Thanks guys. Saved me from pulling my hair out.

Re: Canon MP490 won't print, paper won't feed by kkodea (7/10/12 5:52 AM) reply + / -
Help I have important documents to print and guess what the paper wont feed through, same as everyone else. I've cleaned the rollers, shaken the printer followed the maintenance instructions but still nothing.. Anyone any other suggestions please.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tahldahl (7/10/12 6:44 AM) reply + / -
Not an MP110 (MP340) check check and recheck! I thought for sure something fatal to a printer had happened while we were on vacation. SHAKE SAHKE SHAKE (DO NOT THROW), more shaking and nothing. I took the card stock thick as would fit jammed it in and out started a little plastic something. I got needle nose pliers and what could it hurt to pull on the piece if it's broke it's broke, I pulled out a piece of a toy my son had lost about 1/2" long and 1/8" wide... go figure. TY

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by nazarine (7/19/12 4:48 PM) reply + / -
Hello, I am so relieved to find that persistence actually does pay well. After refusing to purchase another printer, I spent an entire afternoon shaking the printer, cleaning and dusting the thing when finally I lifted the rollers but didn't see anything. I tried to print again and there it was. A black twist tie that moved forward with the paper under the rollers as the paper started to crumple and jam. I removed the twist tie. It prints just fine now. Thanks so much.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ShelB (7/20/12 12:32 PM) reply + / -
@ dandeliondream
your a genesis!
I flipped it upside down and shook the hell out of my
printer and this is crazy but a half dollar size chunk of a
dried hamburger bun fell out hahaha I asked my husband if he places food on top of the printer he just smiled. . . he was guilty haha

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Protools8 (8/3/12 3:57 AM) reply + / -
Big piece of lego stuck in mine. Turned it upside down and now working fine. Now, where is my son.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ard8183 (8/4/12 11:21 AM) reply + / -
Ha!! This is hilarious. Mine works now... I just had to shove a piece of cardstock through it and wala!! You guys are awesome!! Over 4 years later after the original post this is still proving useful!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by sanman (8/7/12 7:55 PM) reply + / -
I work for a large computer manufacturer in the engineering dept so my wife assumes I can fix anything. Tonight she explained she just spent $75 on ink and this printer (mp490) quit working could I please take a look. When the first thing I did was unplug it and shake it upside down she's like Im sure that's not how you fix "your" printers. Snickering by me. It took 2 times shaking it then I stuck my hand in to the rollers and started rolling them in reverse. AN EARING the size of matchbox car was lodged in there. Took finally turning upside down and pressing the rollers apart. VIOLA! I ADMIRE YOUR OUTSTANDING TECH SAVY! Now shes waitin upstairs to work off the bill. You ROCK!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by djohnston (8/20/12 3:20 AM) reply + / -
Crazy! Like many others, I was certain this page was a spoof, but for a lack of any better ideas, I turned the thing over and gave it a shake and out fell quite a large metal nut, as in "nuts and bolts".

I still don't believe it.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by miracles (8/22/12 12:00 AM) reply + / -
my printer hasn't been working for three months now, so i finally decide to go hunting on google. came across this site, read a majority of the posts and thought to myself, 'wow you all are such idiots! if there was something stuck in my printer i'd know for sure! i wouldn't have to look online for much needed help!!' however i did unplug my printer, turn it over and shake it. nothing came out (like i thought). the next day i decide to reach inside the printer with my hand (there's nothing to lose anyways) like someone suggested... OH MY GOD. my glasses cloth was caught AROUND the plastic roller. i felt like such a fool hahaha. unbelievable! needless to say, the printer works just like it used to now! THANK YOU :')

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by riennac@gmail.com (9/3/12 6:38 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very much for sharing. I was going to pack it up and take it to Canon Svc Ctr. Thought I will just try my luck and google for solutions.
I shook a few times and nothing came out. So, I decided to try the second option - using alcohol (I used nail polish remover) swap to wipe the roller.
And it works!!!
Thank you and have a great day!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by jrf344343 (9/25/12 2:54 PM) reply + / -
LOL! You guys rock! My Cannon MP210 has been broken for the better part of a year now... Shook and shook, nothing. Then ran the cardstock through like ard8183 mentioned... out popped a small chunk of wood from under that plastic retainer plate over top of the roller! Now I can print resumes! Thumbs up to all of you! Thanks again!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tlp22 (10/3/12 11:59 PM) reply + / -
just a GREAT BIG thank you to all of you..i tried this last Spring with no luck...then tonite actually 135a.m. here....i decided to use the flashlight and turned on the day lights for sewing all at the same time... got one of my best paint brushes out and started systematically going over every inch of this baby..and then...and then nothing...i finally, using a new box of nicorette gum for a prop got down on the lower level where you can open a hatch like door and then ... i found it this little piece of ( looks like styrofoam) yellow came out..YIPPEE! i then used a thin piece of cardboard and let it print for the rear...yep that went well ..so i tried the front...i am a happy little camper..just have to order more ink now...thank you all...hugsssss tlp22

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Marnie99 (10/14/12 9:16 PM) reply + / -
Huge thanks to the creators of this forum. After days agonising over my printer problem (paper would not feed through my Epson Stylus NX130) i scoured this forum for clues. I turned the printer upside down to no avail. Then i gently force fed a piece of cardboard through in printing mode and to my astonishment several pieces of a poor little insect came through the other end with the cardboard. Amazing how sensitive these machines are. Printer now feeds perfectly. Very happy.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by bonnieeee (10/16/12 1:40 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. But now I have a inkjet thing at the side of my printer. The worker already fixed the inkjet on the printer, it can't take it out. I hope that I can turn my printer upside down and shake it too! But if I do, the ink will splash out. Can anyone help me? :(

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ericklee (10/28/12 5:33 AM) reply + / -
thanx for the shaking advice. it made my canon mp 198 printer works..i couldn't believe that i saw a pen and pieces of dead roaches skin there.amazing!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by sepideh (11/17/12 3:55 AM) reply + / -
brilliant! thanks guys it actually worked.

Re: Canon MP250 won't print, paper won't feed by jaimeyomji (11/26/12 4:04 PM) reply + / -
I've tried shaking it, pushing cardboard through it.... NOTHING WORKS!
Please help!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Jeff1111 (12/6/12 7:46 AM) reply + / -
Unbelievable, shook the printer and out falls a USB stick... never would have thought that would work or that something would fall in without me noticing considering it stopped working mid-print... Thanks all!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by iDaMar1 (12/6/12 8:48 PM) reply + / -
I KNEW popcorn was in mine even before I found this thread (I eat a ton of it and it's all over my apartment). Only after using a stiff 7" postcard and feeding it through back and forth to the paper path(like flossing as I read from a post here), did it start working. I also turned it upside-down, banged on it but never saw anything fall out. But hey, it's working now after about a month! Thank you guys!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by K&B (12/12/12 5:59 PM) reply + / -
It worked for me. Thanks. I thought a piece of flat wood inside was supposed to be there.. NOT! Thanks. :-)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by ProblemSolved (12/17/12 11:27 PM) reply + / -
A small chunk of dog food was the culprit inside our Canon MX340. Wow! I had actually gotten online to check prices for a replacement printer but decided to search for a fix first. I am sooo glad I checked this forum before purchasing another printer!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by BBaller (12/19/12 11:18 AM) reply + / -
THANKS! I am a "Complicated Stubborn Viking", have tired to fix my printer and thought something as simple as turning it upside down and shaking .... so with tongue in cheek I did this - and holy ca-boly! IT WORKS!!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by worked (1/16/13 6:20 PM) reply + / -
This was the first google result I tried.

I, like everyone else, thought it was silly to shake the printer upside down. It didn't make any sense for me since I printed a document 2 minutes prior to the printer deciding to stop feeding the paper but I figured I had nothing to lose!

Sure enough, two pieces of metal (not components of the printer) fell out! Guess things can get lodged over time!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Case Badbreath (2/3/13 3:38 AM) reply + / -
After all I've read, I shook my printer so hard, that it actually turned out working again. I can't beleave that one needle of our Christmas tree (that's what came out) chause the problem. I'm happy again! Have a nice SHAKE...

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by beckivelli (2/8/13 1:16 AM) reply + / -
OMG. I thought I was the only person that flipping the printer over and shaking it would not work for. Actually, flipping it over really did not work for me. I read and read tons of success stories about turning it over and hurray, it worked for them, but not me. Then I thought to myself, this is exaclty what's happening to my printer so there has to be an obstruction of some sort but even sticking my hand in the printer near the grey rolly part and shaking it upside down hard didn't work. Then I tried the "shove a cardboard or something harder than just a regular paper through and i noticed something stuck inside. It was hard to see but it ended up being a clear thumb tack. hallelujah! I had to pry it out and it works like new again! yay for this forum! Thanks everyone!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by DomSmithMe (2/8/13 9:32 AM) reply + / -
NO IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. STOP ALL CELEBRATING SO WE CAN FIND A SOLUTION FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THAT SOLUTION. WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S THE REASON NOW TO HELP YOU GUYS WITH A COIN IN THERE OR SOMETHING!!!

Re: Canon MP620 misfeeding paper by VirtualMan (2/10/13 2:37 PM) reply + / -
Incredible that this works! I turned it over and shook it, but nothing dropped out. But then like Beckivelli, I took a piece of card and manually pushed it through as much as I could. And would you believe it, it works again! Must have been something really tiny stuck inside. Thanks all

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Syd Kills (2/16/13 1:30 PM) reply + / -
TURNING UPSIDE DOWN AND SHAKING WORKS!!! A B-VITAMIN CAME OUT! AHAHAHA!!!! MONTHS OF STRESS HAVING TO FIND OTHER PRINTERS TO USE ALL OF THE TIME AND I COULD HAVE JUST TURNED IT OVER!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by MinnesotaMom (2/16/13 2:50 PM) reply + / -
Used a long strip of 2" wide cardstock to "floss" between the rollers and a squashed piece of popcorn popped out! To get the cardstock in place, feed it in on top of a sheet of paper and push around to find a spot where it will feed in between the rollers. Open the machine and look for the other end. Then work the cardstock back and forth to "floss" between the rollers.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by raidinasea (2/24/13 11:12 AM) reply + / -
This is truly amazing! I thought...well, there's nothing in mine but I guess I'll at least try. Shook it and out came a little spiderman arm from one of my son's toys! I have noooo idea how that got in there since my printer is up high! So wonderful.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by AF78 (3/31/13 6:28 PM) reply + / -
Pixma MP495 here. If you have tried the turn it over and shake it method, don't give up! I found one of those tiny usb receiver dongles in mine, after the third shaking attempt. The things are pretty solidly built, and becuase of how the dongle was in there, I had to give the printer some vigorous shaking just to get it rattling. Once it was rattling, I had to use a flashlight to look in there to find it, and finally, I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab it and take it out.

Thanks again, and good luck to all!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by adrianmander (4/6/13 10:02 AM) reply + / -
OH YEAH!

I did the shake method with my 210, found a nail used to hang pictures (we just repainted and put new picture nails in everywhere). But the printer still didn't work! How disappointing. However, a bit of sleuthing with the cardboard method and a powerful flashlight revealed... a second nail, the real culprit.

Bottom line is, where there is one bit of crap in your printer interfering with paper feed, there can very well be more. Keep searching until it's all gone.

Thanks to all!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Rcgimmi@yahoo.com (4/6/13 2:27 PM) reply + / -
Heh. Someone on this board just saved me a $40 service call. I have a Canon MX310. Paper wouldn't feet more than a quarter inch or so. I couldn't think of ANYTHING that could have dropped into the printer. Still, I unplugged the printer, turned it upside down and shook it. A freaking PUSH PIN from the bulletin board that sits above my desk had fallen into the printer! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. The first time I have followed simple advice from an online source and IT WORKED! I don't know why Canon doesn't mention this procedure on their website. GREAT! I AM ELATED! :-D

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Jovi (4/8/13 8:41 AM) reply + / -
I'd had the "turn it upside down, something pops out" prob before but this time nothing was coming out (Canon MP250 by the way). LUCKILY I saw someone on this thread had recommended trying pushing a thin piece of card through. Started to do that and a scrunched receipt popped out from below a roller! Works fine now. Thanks so much :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Calero (4/20/13 9:46 AM) reply + / -
Canon MP210, "turn it upside down, something pops out", best solution ever!!!
I thaught, I cannot be so stupid... but a pen was inside!!
Thank you people!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by sunnidays7 (4/21/13 12:25 PM) reply + / -
We had the saammme problem! Our printer stopped feeding the paper
thru the printer, would sound like it is feeding and then shift
the paper slightly to the right, and stop. Turned it upside down..
gave a few shakes, we then seen a little plastic clothing tag
lodged in there. Out it came..and yaaay! It works again! :)
Thank you for the suggestions, especially during Science Fair
homework time :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by goldilocks19 (4/23/13 3:53 PM) reply + / -
This site is amazing! I tried shaking it, before I found the site, and after reading the suggestion, I shook it vigorously (dropped it onto the carpet from about 12 inches by accident), but it still didn't work. Used the flashlight, didn't see a thing. I was getting a little discouraged, and tried the heavier cardboard from the back of a spiral notebook, forced it through 4 times, and prayed... It worked!!! Thanks who ever came up with these suggestions. You saved me from having to buy a new printer, that we really couldn't afford right now.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by scheidtster (4/28/13 9:52 AM) reply + / -
Awesome! I tried to shake mine upside down and nothing fell out. Then i stuck my hand down in the paper feed area and pulled out a nerf gun bullet! works great now.

Thanks for the help

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tophersmomma (5/6/13 2:54 PM) reply + / -
I have the MP495...first I got error code 3 (paper jam) nope, no paper jam, then error code 2 (no paper)nope, there's paper in there. I was totally frustrated, less than 18 months old. Started Googling and found this site. Shook it upside down and nothing came out but it did start working, but it has an ink smear down the middle of the paper. Any ideas?

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by csmith7 (5/15/13 4:09 PM) reply + / -
Shaking mine did NOT work. I fed a piece of cardboard through, just a little 4x7 card, it ran right in. Then threw in some paper. Boom. Success.

I am glad I read through alllllll the posts. Good luck to all the shakers out there ;)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by sarudoshi (5/22/13 7:40 AM) reply + / -
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I shook it upside down and a lost flash memory fell out.

Why does Canon build their printers like magnets to attract all the lost objects ??

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by RoslynC (6/15/13 5:12 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU!! Found piece of licorice in mine!!! You guys are genious!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by NICHOLSONKE (6/27/13 11:04 AM) reply + / -
Did the same thing as Rachie- shook it around for ages and nothing happened. Then Pushed a thin piece of cardboard through the rollers and found a little polystyrene bead that had been blocking it. AMAZING!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Amylea Lee (6/30/13 1:35 PM) reply + / -
Thanks. It really works. I had no idea baby pin would stucked there. Thanksssssssssssssssss! :D

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Amylea Lee (6/30/13 1:43 PM) reply + / -
Thanks. It really works. I had no idea baby pin would stucked there. Thanksssssssssssssssss! :D

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Kasie (7/20/13 3:41 PM) reply + / -
I thought you all were crazy.....I tried to turn it upside down and shook it and nothing came out. Then I tried to print again and it would jam the paper again. so I unplugged it, cleared the way and shook and shook and a CRAYON FELL OUT!!! Dang kids! It works great now! so SHAKE AWAY!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by braedy (7/25/13 3:50 PM) reply + / -
can confirm this helps. i shook it and my cat fell out.
the printer still has issues with 80g/m^2 paper but at least I know where mittens has been this past couple of days. feeding is back to normal (in both cases). thank you.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Pags (7/27/13 7:28 AM) reply + / -
The pick it up, turn upside down and shake solution is going on my mental how to repair things list immediately (you know, together with the if it stops working, try turning it off and on again instruction)

It worked like a dream, and now I know where that necklace I haven't seen for a while got to as well. THANK YOU!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by emm456768 (7/27/13 11:36 AM) reply + / -
I had done the whole shake thing before to get a pen out of my printer and I figured it would work again to find whatever was blocking the paper's path. Didn't work this time and I was becoming so angry. I used the front of an old Five Star notebook and shoved it through the paper feed and out came a little dot of dried up hot glue! It was so tiny it would not come out with a shake.

If you find that the shaking doesn't work, try shoving some thin cardboard or a piece of a notebook through!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by hkp (8/12/13 2:20 PM) reply + / -
WOW! followed the posts on this thread and would you believe it. Found a drawing pin stuck in the paper feed roller. Got it out and the printer is working as before.

Re: Canon MP230 won't print, paper won't feed by sum (8/21/13 4:24 AM) reply + / -
my canon MP230 was working fine and suddenly the paper kept getting stuck. I read through the forum... and was in utter disbelief when people said that there was this and that falling out of the printer... coz I have always kept my printer closed with a cover so I never thought anything could have fallen inside. but I unplugged it held it upside down and gave it a good shake and out came a cotton bud! Thank you so much... now I'm believer! :)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by steveinphilly (edited 8/24/13 10:52 AM) reply + / -
Amazing! I thought, there's no way something is stuck in there--I looked and didn't see it. I shook and nothing fell out. But then I saw the "push some cardboard through" post, and lo and behold, out came a jammed up piece of foil (possibly a Hershey Kiss wrapper). Works like a charm.

I really, really, really had thought "there's no way," but sure enough....

Thanks everyone!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by steveinphilly (8/24/13 10:36 PM) reply + / -
Ha! And I had an old Epson in a closet that had the same problem. I pulled it out, ran the same piece of cardboard through the rollers, and out popped one of those small metal clips that you push into the wall to hold a wire into place!

Thanks again to this great forum, I now have another printer back in service!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by myrnajune (8/30/13 6:14 AM) reply + / -
Crayola marker, thanks a mil.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by BRETTO (9/3/13 5:00 PM) reply + / -
After shaking the hell out of my PIXMA MP280, upside down, sideways, several times: Nothing! So I ran the roller clean a few times: Still would only feed about 2 inches then stop. I ran some heavy paper through a few times and out popped a nickel! Awesome! thanks for the advice.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by teacher1 (9/5/13 7:32 AM) reply + / -
So I try shaking my printer and small pieces of dust came out, nothing too big. Tried printing again, still wouldn't print. Would just get "jammed" although wasn't really jammed. So I took a piece of cardstock which is thicking than printer paper and tried to send it through. I had to kind of force it through the first time. Still wouldn't take the regular paper. So I sent the cardstock through another 3-4 times. It was getting easier to take the cardstock. Then tried the regular paper and it NOW WORKS!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by thatdarnmeg (9/11/13 8:42 PM) reply + / -
Hahaha this seems to have turned into less of a printer fixing thread and more of a "What's jammed in my printer?" type thing. :p

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by thatdarnmeg (9/11/13 8:46 PM) reply + / -
Surreeeeee enough. I shook it. Upside down. Out comes chapstick! :p

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by yosoyAJ (9/15/13 2:11 PM) reply + / -
i didn't shake mine, but just took a flashlight & looked inside. Found a hair tie. Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by CassandraVL (9/22/13 11:42 PM) reply + / -
Okay so after two long hours of just believing you all had to be right! I shook and smacked and nothing fell out. I cut up my starbucks box tried to feed it through NOPE!!! So then I took out the screw driver I MEANT business I was going to find what ever was in there!! We low and behold one of my husbands electronic cigarette filter cartridge fell in there and it was deep in there!!! Printer works like a dream again!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! P.s. Thank you for the laughs because without that I might have broke the printer into pieces!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by kim2480 (9/25/13 5:44 PM) reply + / -
I had a paper jam because the paper was going in at a bad angle. That caused the initial jam. I pulled the paper out. Then, I pulled out a small piece of torn paper. Then, I hit the start button and the next sheet would only go in for 1 inch and then stop. I opened the cover and looked inside but could not find anything. I tried to restart it and the same thing happened. I checked this website out and then I turned the printer upside down and shaked it. A small piece of plastic came out of the feed side. Then, I restarted it and the printer worked.

Re: Canon MX410 won't print, paper won't feed by DanaS99 (9/29/13 9:23 AM) reply + / -
Really great advice to turn the printer over and shake it. This worked like a charm. Thanks so much!!

Re: Canon MP250 won't print, paper won't feed by RachCherry (9/30/13 3:58 AM) reply + / -
Well blow me down!!!
So glad I googled trouble shooting before forking out for a new printer!! Unplugged printer and gave it a good shake, nothing obvious 'fell' out but its bloomin well working again, after much frustration!!
Thank you everyone!! xx

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by mizzyoms (10/8/13 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Thank you! The shake and bake worked like a charm!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tolstoy (10/13/13 3:54 AM) reply + / -
Well I never! So glad I came here. Printer hasn't worked straight for months and I was planning to throw it out but thought I'd do a search first. I'm impressed. I turned the printer upside down and gave it a tentative shake, nothing; shook it with a bit more vigour and viola! A small star from the Alpha Centauri Nebula rolled across the floor. Amazing! Thanks for the help.

Re: Canon MP160 won't print, paper won't feed by bhim (10/22/13 7:11 PM) reply + / -
Thanks everyone for their suggestions!!! Have my printer for 7 years, looked this up after a couple of weeks of not having paper feeding through. Finally broke down & bought a Pixma mx452. I took out of box, but before hooking it up, I tried one last thing which was feeding the cardboard manually through the rollers, shook it again & a very small pack of stickers came out. Unreal, thanks again. PS..will return new one, wasn't on sale anyway.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by rollingbun (11/1/13 10:16 PM) reply + / -
If shaking doesn't help, check a little bit deeper. My printer had a piece of rabbit food stuck below the roller (?), I had to use small flashlight to get a better view of it!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by myboys02 (11/10/13 8:35 AM) reply + / -
Worked great thanks for the advice it only needed a little shake.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by gotit! (11/23/13 6:10 AM) reply + / -
I thought no way is this going to work - the printers is a goner i took off the faceplate and a few screws and tried to print a sheet. it was printing but the paper wouldnt come through on the right hand side.
The paper that was jammed so I had to manualy feed the paper through and pull it town through where it was jammed - and what popped out at the same time - a little rubber ring had got jammed right inside.

If the shaking upside down doesnt work - try manually feeding the paper!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by crawdad (11/26/13 1:57 PM) reply + / -
Awesome. Shaking it upside-down didn't help, but a flashlight showed a pen stuck in behind the roller. Pushed it over and shook it out and hooray! (MP 210)

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Sujay (12/1/13 3:35 AM) reply + / -
This is a life saver, saved couple of my bucks, i had similar problem in my Canon Pixma 250, reason a small hair clip :(

Shaking upside down was the trick :D Thanks a ton for the idea guys

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by wombat23 (12/30/13 2:14 PM) reply + / -
I had a look down the rear paper feeder and found a hair band from my little princess. Tried to feed the paper, same problem. Got a couple of inches down and stopped. I shook and shook and shook - no change. I shook and shook and swore and shook. No change. I cut a piece of manilla folder (thin cardboard) and forced it into the rollers. I fed it back and forth for a while then gave it a good shake again - out came another hair band!

Works a treat now

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by fairyailuj (1/5/14 4:32 AM) reply + / -
Heh heh, mine was an extra strong mint! Ta guys and girls.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by syl20j (1/18/14 9:53 AM) reply + / -
I finaly found a way to fix my MP210, it wasn't feeding paper sheets (E3 errors), and there wasn't anything inside, neither shaking it made it working again.

Thus, I had to disasemble to find why..

Hopefuly someone posted a video on how to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LE6LD1wnzk

However, my problem was located near the used ink collector, thus I had to go further to what is shown in the video.

I found that used ink was stuck near paper feeding gears, and cleaning everything made it work as before !!!

Note : once taken appart, you will get E2 and E4 erros if you don't plug scanner, and you will have to keep scanner lid sensor in the "closed" position to avoid "o" or "scanner lid open" status.

Plus, you will have to unplug the printer heads, make sure to NEVER power on the printer until they are properly plugged, otherwise the printer heads will move very fast and hit the opposite side of the printer.

Canon MX340 won't print, paper won't feed by Tibs (2/15/14 3:54 PM) reply + / -
Worked great with a little upside down shake.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by prntrfxd (3/2/14 9:36 AM) reply + / -
Mine was doing the same thing!! But no matter how hard I shook, nothing would come out! I had to lift the cover and I could see that there was fresh scratchings on one of the spinny things under there. I had to pry it up with finger nail clippers and I found a tiny earring back!! I was so happy my kids and I dance around the house!! printer fixed!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by tanguera (3/3/14 2:55 PM) reply + / -
Thank you. Thank you! I had the same issue. I unplugged it, shook it and replugged it at least 3 times to no avail. Then I noticed a little piece of tape that must have finally come out. I took it off, and it worked!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by beth6 (3/19/14 7:34 PM) reply + / -
The same thing happened to me, I read the previous posts about turning it upside and shaking it. I thought this will never work and it totally did, my printer is working great!! Thanks to whoever originally posted doing this!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Gary Shepard (4/22/14 9:56 AM) reply + / -
Freaky - I had the same problem with the paper not feeding into the machine. Turned the machine over and shook it and out popped a push pin - same exact thing that happened to one of the other responders. Now I have my copy machine and fax back. Thank you ladies and gentlemen who have responded before me. I got the machine free with a camera purchase. So, no big investment in it but, I really like this machine and I am glad to have it back.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by JokerOnJack (4/26/14 8:12 AM) reply + / -
Same thing here! I have a Pixma MG3220 that stopped printing out of no where. I found this thread and tried shaking it upside down... nothing. So I took a piece of cardboard, soaked it in some rubbing alcohol and held it under the feed wheels. Acted like it was brand new again. Thanks Guys!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Craggen (4/29/14 10:21 AM) reply + / -
Finally fixed it, tried shaking, cleaning, greeting card in feeder did the trick.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Craggen (4/29/14 10:29 AM) reply + / -
Finally fixed it, tried shaking upside down, cleaning all rollers nothing worked. Then I use Maintenance Print "b" and pressed Start, with a greeting card in feeder did the trick. Out popped a twist tie I was using for the cables.

Canon MP210 won't print, paper won't feed by Guest123456 (5/11/14 9:28 PM) reply + / -
I tried shaking my Canon Inkjet MP210. No luck. So I shook it some more (and a little more forcefully). This time, an ink-stained scrap of paper (about a square inch in size) fell out. Still no luck. So I forced a thin piece of cardboard (cut from a cereal box) through the feeder. There was definitely some resistance on the right side where the gray roller is. After pushing the cardboard all the way through, I noticed another scrap of paper -- this one bigger than the first, and even more ink-saturated -- had fallen out.

Printed a test page -- and it worked!

Thank you to the contributors to this forum!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Milosh (6/13/14 12:34 AM) reply + / -
I have my Canon mp287 Pixma Printer, Last week I encounter error e08, and the only thing to heal this problem is resseter but unfortunately I can't go with that tricks, I was performed it once but it doesn't make sense, I just disregard the error and press the continue button to print.

Yesterday I encounter a severe problem into my printer, I turned on my unit but it doesn't react or start its motor any more, is there something wrong or destroyed parts inside my printer?

Hope somebody knows the answer of my problem, email me here milosh214@yahoo.com or milosh214@gmail.com and frantic.blanza@yahoo.com

Thanks to all

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by Angelsbuff (7/9/14 3:30 PM) reply + / -
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! I was having the same issues printer would grab paper rollers go around then nothing. After reading all the comments saying turn the printer upside down and shake it. I thought it can't be that easy. Well it was I shook it a couple times it loosened a plug cover I was able to pull it out. I tested it by printing a pic of Daryl from twd. Thank You all so Much!!!!

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by griffintravel (7/12/14 7:48 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon MX320 which was not feeding consistently and smudging the paper.
After reading the posts, I disconnected the printer and shock it over my desk. I heard a clunking sound and eventually a quarter fell out.
Now it works like new. I had moved a while back and that was likely the source of quarter.
Thanks to the internet for the solution.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by gotbext904 (7/26/14 8:57 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much, I was searching to buy a new printer until I came upon this blog. I felt a little weird turning upside down and shacking, but I'm glad I did. Long behold a screw popped out which must have fallen in there.. thank you again. B

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by amberwharsh (7/30/14 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Also, if all that doesn't work, use those containers that spray air. Keyboard cleaners or whatever. I shook and shook and shook mine and nothing happened. I sprayed one of those inside it vigorously and then shook it. Out popped potpourri.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by amberwharsh (7/30/14 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Also, if all that doesn't work, use those containers that spray air. Keyboard cleaners or whatever. I shook and shook and shook mine and nothing happened. I sprayed one of those inside it vigorously and then shook it. Out popped potpourri.

Re: Canon MP110 won't print, paper won't feed by lynn95 (8/23/14 11:22 AM) reply + / -
OMG you guys are awesome!! I have a canon MP198 and the same symptoms appeared! I tried and shook my printer twice. Nothing came out. But i tried pushing a piece of thin cardboard, and tried printing a thinner piece of paper and now the printer works fine!! Thanks alot!!

Canon Pixma MX340 Printer Could Not Feed Paper by spiritdove (8/26/14 12:17 AM) reply + / -
I recently received a Canon Pixma MX340 printer for FREE, because the original owner could not solve the paper jam / 5200 error. After downloading and installing the driver, I realized there really was a problem.

Yesterday I used an industrial air compressor in an attempt to blow out any jammed bits of paper, but nothing came out, yet I could see the gray wheels in the center moving normally.

After that did not resolve the problem for this almost brand new printer, and me being determined to get this nice looking printer working, I searched the global human consensus … and found this site.

I must admit, when I first read some of the posts, I initially thought some were full of malarkey; reading about so many different items coming out of printers. But then I tried the CARDBOARD idea on this printer.

I used 2 thin and narrow sheets of cardboard I happened to have on hand. I slid it first from the front, to see if that was where the jam was, but it would not slide through, so I found the problem area, now I had to figure out a way clear it.

I slid the cardboard sheets, one on top of the other, in the paper feed track in the back, and pulled it forward until they both came out. I did this multiple times to involve the entire length of the feed rollers.

Then all of a sudden, I saw a tiny piece of something fly out and hit a door. It was so tiny, I could not see exactly what it was, but it sounded like plastic! I was initially concerned I broke something off, but thankfully that was not the case.

After that, I could see a very small piece of paper, like from a hole-punch, but from a small Daytimer size. I used a tweezers to gently pull it out, so as not to tear it and still have a paper jam issue. That initially seemed to do the trick in order for me to feed the paper through normally.

Since I had not used this printer before, I went to the properties and ran some of the maintenance and cleaning tasks. After it ran the print head alignment, the paper seemed to have a slight tiny "BUMP" in the paper where there had been none, and a large splotch of black ink, which I thought was odd.

I ran the roller cleaning task, and all of a sudden, out pops another something, which turned out to be a plastic mini craft googly eye! Go figure! Lucky for me, this one did not fly across the room; it stopped just inside the output area of the printer. I laughed, and was dumbfounded at the discovery! That is when I realized the tiny hole-punch paper was actually the backing of the googly eye, which had an adhesive underside.

I ran a print test page, which was 100% successful ~ clean and clear! YEAH! >’;’<

re;canon mx300, by eilish connolly (9/1/14 12:39 PM) reply + / -
my canon mx300 has a orange light on and it will not work,it ia saying check ink,but i have replaced the ink,any help please

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters