fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by jmpfot (1/25/08 8:07 PM) reply + / -
The CX4800 prints a blank page. I have tried new EPSON cartridges, 3rd party cartridges, and print head clog buster from inkmizer.com, and no change yet. Inkmizer suggests placing a few drops on the print head - will more drops help dissolve the dried ink faster? Is the problem really dried ink in the inkhead?

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by moe (1/25/08 8:54 PM) reply + / -
NO, problem is a dislodged purge tube. http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by mpburris (10/7/08 3:49 PM) reply + / -
The printer will not print black--except in occasional blobs--or magenta no matter what kind of ink cartridge I use. It also has lines and fuzzy spots.

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Anonymous (12/12/08 11:42 PM) reply+1 + / -
Try clicking on the link on this very post. It is the only link on this thread. It's about three above yours. The only link. You might want to click on it. What do you think?

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by tjj (4/7/10 10:28 AM) reply + / -
does anyone have any ideas. printer is printing blank pages

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Anonymous (4/7/10 12:08 PM) reply + / -
Try clicking on the link on this very post. It is the only link on this thread. It's about two above yours. The only link. You might want to click on it. What do you think?

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by hilukasz (3/15/11 6:07 PM) reply + / -
it might not be the head being clogged, sometimes the rollers will do weird things that make it look like a clogged head too.

I posted a fix for problems like this, its for the epson 4800 but will work for similar printers as well.

here is a link to the fix:
http://www.grscreenprinting.com

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by denmax (3/16/11 2:05 PM) reply + / -
I would suggest perform a nozzle test - it will show you which nozzles on the print head are blocked. try 2 - 3 headcleans which might clear those blocks.

Epson authorized service centres are provided with a recovery fluid which is filled into the capping assembly ( little cup under the head ) and left over night to soak. A headclean is performed the next day which clears all the nozzles.
Unless you know someone at a epson service centre, you can't get hold of the fluid.
One other method of clearing the nozzles that I have heard of - which I DO NOT recommend, is to remove the head carefully and place the bottom in a tray filled with hot water ( not boiling ) - this has proven to be effective in the past - although NOT RECOMMENDED

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Wes (3/16/11 6:48 PM) reply + / -
Only a person asking for trouble would remove a Epson print head. You break all the factory adjustments and it is completely unnecessary. Buy a kit like this and you will clean the print heads like the repair techs do. http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by OSIRIS85 (3/17/11 11:20 AM) reply + / -
a friend of mine had this same issue with her machine. nx100
she took it into a local company for a cleaning and they ran an espon cleaning solution thru the printhead via refilled cartridges. ( i think she said it was a blue solution?)
it works great now, she had it done in july an dno problems.
if you happen to live in northern nevada the shop is at Mae Anne and McCarran shopping center phone 775-746-9700- i hope this helps

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by OSIRIS85 (3/17/11 11:26 AM) reply + / -
a friend of mine had this same issue with her machine. nx100
she took it into a local company for a cleaning and they ran an espon cleaning solution thru the printhead via refilled cartridges. ( i think she said it was a blue solution?)
it works great now, she had it done in july and no problems. I think she said it cost $10-$15 and she picked it up next day!
if you happen to live in northern nevada the shop is at Mae Anne and McCarran shopping center phone 775-746-9700- i hope this helps

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by philal (5/7/11 7:35 AM) reply + / -
my printer would only print in black and strange colors. I ran the print test and no colors printed. I used cleaner on the pads & now when I try to use it, all the lights flash and nothing happens. What can I do? I like the printer and would like to fix it.

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Wes (5/7/11 9:10 AM) reply + / -
The flashing lights indicate one of two error conditions depending on the sequence.

Most of the time it is a Maintenance Request Error. Meaning the protection counter has reached it limit and you need to clean the absorber or waste ink pads and then reset the protection counter.

Read here for more info http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Hetti (7/2/11 3:42 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone know of someone in Oklahoma City that can fix my CX-4800, I like the printer and would like to get it fixed.

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by jack black (7/26/11 9:07 PM) reply + / -
I got one CX4800 from ebay cheap to replace my CX3810 that still works but makes weird noises after going through a mega paper jam. I didn't know about the problems with clogs (never had that problem in CX3810) and I thought this would be upgrade from CX3810 to CX4800.

When the printer came, first page printed out blank. I did a bunch of head cleans and cleaning solution head soaks and 2 colors showed up, but 2 other missing.

I did run head manually over folded moist wipes ("shueshinning" method) and it cleaned the head very well and restored the missing colors. I also primed empty cartridges with cleaning solution and that could have helped some too.

I also read the info on clogged waste ink tubes problem on http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/duraink.html

I suspect this could be a problem in my printer too, as the waste pads at the very bottom are totally dry with nothing draining from the head cap.

The only problem is I see no easy access to those tubes from underneath. Here is a thought: cutting a hole underneath the printer rather than disassembling the whole thing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Wes (7/26/11 11:20 PM) reply + / -
If you look at the back of the printer you will see a small panel/door with a single screw under it. remove the screw and you will see the tube coming from the side into a white plastic connector. The tube then goes into the middle section of the printer. That is the purge tube. You can remove the tube from the printer. Clean the tube and then replace in into the printer.

It is a little tight but you can put the tube back inside the printer. Curved forceps help a lot.

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by jack black (7/27/11 8:09 AM) reply + / -
Wes,
many thanks for your expert advice. This forum rocks!
I saw that back door and opened it too, but didn't realize that gives you an access under the head cap. I will try a little "surgery" on this through the access hole.

If it fails, I guess I can back-flush the tubing from below, right?

Re: Epson Stylus CX4800 - clogged print head? by Wes (7/27/11 10:22 AM) reply + / -
Epson uses peristaltic pumps on their printers. So you can't usually back flush the tube coming from the pump. But usually the clog is at the tip of the ink purge tube. And that part of the tubing you can flush.

You can use a guitar string to clear the clogged tip.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters