fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon i560 service error 5c00

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon i560 service error 5c00 by paydroe50 (edited 1/19/08 6:02 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I have an i560 Canon which has come up with a service error 5c00,
The power lamp also flashes orange four times which according to the user manual points to an "empty ink tank"
I have fitted new ink tanks but no matter how I try I've not been able to remove the fault.
I have tried the reset codes that people have used to reset after a waste tank problem but have not even been able to get to a solid green power lamp.
When the error comes up, the suggestion on screen is to cancel printing, turn off the power and turn it on again and if that doesn't clear the problem refer to the manual.
Needless to say, I haven't had much luck but am a little reluctant to dump it as its not done much work plus I've just put in the new ink tanks.By the way the ink monitor shows full tanks.
I'm hoping someone may be able to put me on the right track

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by konmaj (1/19/08 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Error 5C00 means that is something wrong with purge station (jammed or broken).

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by marty hogan (2/11/08 11:12 AM) reply + / -
have an i560 Canon which has come up with a service error 5c00,
The power lamp also flashes orange four times which according to the user manual points to an "empty ink tank"
I have fitted new ink tanks but no matter how I try I've not been able to remove the fault.
I have tried the reset codes that people have used to reset after a waste tank problem but have not even been able to get to a solid green power lamp.
When the error comes up, the suggestion on screen is to cancel printing, turn off the power and turn it on again and if that doesn't clear the problem refer to the manual.
Needless to say, I haven't had much luck but am a little reluctant to dump it as its not done much work plus I've just put in the new ink tanks.By the way the ink monitor shows full tanks.
I'm hoping someone may be able to put me on the right track

Re: Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/19/08 12:46 AM) reply + / -
The empty tank is NOT the ink cartridges that you installed rather it is a waste ink tank that collects waste ink that is cleaned from the printer head (from what i have managed to piece together). This waste ink gradually builds up in the waste tank until it becomes full. I think it is visable on the right hand side of the track. It has a small pad to absorb the ink. When you find out how to access this tank and empty it I would really like to knowa s i have the same problem and have not had the time to sit down and figure it out.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Geofff (3/25/08 4:16 AM) reply + / -
This worked a treat for Canon i560

Re: Canon s520 by Printx (9/30/04 7:28 PM) + / -
This shold work, wrote Printx:-

Waste Ink Counter Reset.

(1) Turn off the printer.

(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.

(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will “reset" or move momentarily.

If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the "Service Mode".

(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press. Next press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by givingthanks (4/19/08 8:02 PM) reply + / -
I tried this fix and it worked like a charm! We're printing again.

Thanks to both of you!

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/3/09 7:02 AM) reply + / -
I tried above steps to reset the waste ink counter reset and it did not work. The button stills goes back to blinking orange.
I got the error message 5C00

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by ron350 (2/3/09 9:22 PM) reply + / -
Anonymous some times the print head will keep the printer from going into service mode.
If you cannot coax your printer into service mode try removing the print head first.

Turn the printer on and raise the lid.
The ink cartridges will move to the center.
Unplug the power cord.
Remove the ink cartridges and place them on something ink proof like newspapers.
Lift the gray print head lever and then remove the print head that is underneath the ink cartridges and place it on something ink proof.
Lower the gray print head lever.
Close the lid.
Plug the power cord back in.

Now follow the directions below and try to enter service mode and reset the waste ink counter. The instructions below are just the long version of Geofffs instructions listed a few post above.
Try this and let us know what happens.

Service Mode: This printer has a service mode for service-related settings and for performing test prints. The operator panel buttons are used to enter the desired service mode.

With the printer powered off (but still plunged in), hold down the

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by ron350 (2/3/09 9:54 PM) reply + / -
Looks like i got cut off so here is the rest of my post.

Service Mode: This printer has a service mode for service-related settings and for performing test prints. The operator panel buttons are used to enter the desired service mode.

With the printer powered off (but still plunged in), hold down the "Resume Button" and press the "Power Button" and hold them both down.

While holding down the "Power Button", release the “Resume Button" and then press and release the "Resume Button" twice.
Now release the "Power Button".

The indicator light should blink in green and the printer will make some noises.
You know you are in service mode if the green light stops flashing and stays green.

Select one of the following service mode functions by pressing the “Resume Button” the specified number of times listed below.
Each time you press the “Resume Button” the light will change color to let you know the button was pressed.

1 time = Service test print.
2 times = EEPROM information print.
3 times = EEPROM initialization
(4 times = Waste ink counter resetting)
5 times = Destination settings
6 times = Print head deep cleaning

Then press the “Power Button” one time to perform selected function.

If you press the "Power Button" two times it will take you out of service mode.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/4/09 7:27 AM) reply + / -
While holding down the "Power Button", release the “Resume Button" and then press and release the "Resume Button" twice.
Now release the "Power Button".

When i held down power button it turned machine on but
then when i release it it turns off so how can any light
come on when the printer is now off

What am i doing wrong

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by ron350 (2/4/09 10:31 AM) reply + / -
You have to be pushing down on the resume button or the printer will just turn on when you press the power button.

Startin over.
Hold down the Resume Button then press the Power Button and hold them both down. The light between the buttons should come on green but the printer should not turn on. If the printer turns on at this point the printer does not recognize that the Resume Button is being pressed.

While still holding the Power Button down release the Resume Button and press it again twice. At this point the green light should change colors each time the Resume Button was pressed.

Then release the Power Button and you should be in service mode.
Once in service mode if you press the power button without first pressing the resume button the printer will turn off.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/4/09 11:24 AM) reply + / -
we removed the ink and the printer head and pressed all the buttons but it stills blinks alternating green/orange

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/4/09 11:28 AM) reply + / -
The light between the buttons should come on green
it does not do that, it remains blinking green/orange
no matter what i do

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by ron350 (2/4/09 8:40 PM) reply + / -
It sounds like you have more problems than just a full waste ink counter.

Is there ever a pause in the green to orange flashing light?
If there is a pause in the green and orange flashing light it may be a code that will help diagnose the problem.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/5/09 6:24 AM) reply + / -
no pause

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by ron350 (2/5/09 1:47 PM) reply + / -
It sounds like you may have a purge unit jam or something like that.

Maybe one of the resident experts will stop by and lend a hand.

Re: Canon i560 stripes by akyle (2/19/09 11:51 AM) reply + / -
The head alignment utility prints magenta with stripes and / or missing sections (repeatable stair-step shape rather than a solid rectangle). Black, cyan and yellow print properly.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (2/22/09 5:52 AM) reply + / -
I screwed up the printer pushing wrong buttons and ended up with 9 alternating green/yellow flashing lights and my computer wanting to add new camera hardware. Tried the above eeprom directions and fixed that problem. THANKS!!! Now have the original printer offline issue that I think may be a bad print head, not sure. Any other ideas before I screw it up again?

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Anonymous (4/18/09 12:51 PM) reply + / -
I had the same problem, but the solution didn't work. I took the main gray lid off the printer, as well as the 2 side gray pieces, exposing the inner workings. I fiddled with (read "poked a screwdriver at") the gears to the right, next to the waste ink tray. I also scraped at the waste ink tray. The reason was that the ink cartridge holder was NOT moving...I just got a grinding sound and I figured this was more about mechanics than anything. Well either I poked a gear into place or I fixed something by scraping at the waste ink tray. Either way, it worked.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by RodShortt (5/27/09 11:14 PM) reply + / -
I have the same message but when I put my printer on the carriage does not move unless I manually move it. It makes the sounds but stands still. What can be the problem? Please help.

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by yukis (12/24/09 1:10 AM) reply + / -
Tengo un "error de servicio 5200" en una Canon i560. ¿Me podéis ayudar a solucionar esto?. He he echo lo que venía aquí en el foro, pero sin suerte.
si podési drme alguna web o consejo lo agradezco.
Gracias

Re: Canon i560 service error 5c00 by Dave Farmer (10/15/10 10:29 AM) reply + / -
I have the Canon i560 with refillable ink cartridges. I need two new cartridges(with screws allowing ink to be refilled). I was told it would probably be best to get the kit that allows bottles refilling instead of cartridges. I enjoy the savings of refilling ink myself and have had both the bottles and the cartridge Canon i560. I would appreciate an answer a.s.a.p due to having to do some church work.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters