fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (9/23/07 1:36 PM) reply + / -
Hi Guys

This message has just appeared on my iP90. Service Error 5C00

I have no clue what it might mean but I can't print a thing!

It's showing the black ink as being empty but I've tried 2 seperate new cartridges.

Any help appreciated.

Regards from Ireland.

Gerry

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (9/24/07 2:05 AM) reply + / -
I'm beginning to panic Guys... any suggestions or am I doomed to go to Canon???

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (9/26/07 3:52 AM) reply + / -
Still holding out in desperation....

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (9/27/07 11:59 AM) reply + / -
Last try... where are all you printer gurus gone???

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by stboris (10/1/07 7:51 AM) reply + / -
I Have same problem.Do you know solution?Regards from Ukraine

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (10/1/07 12:32 PM) reply + / -
I've been on to the service agents for Canon and they want over 100 to replace the sponge that absorbs the waste ink. What a rip off.
It's the last Canon product I'll ever buy.
I will keep trying to get the codes. If I get them I will publish them here.
Regards from Ireland
Gerry

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (10/9/07 3:13 AM) reply + / -
Unbelievably, I've failed to solve this problem!

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (10/9/07 3:15 AM) reply + / -
Unbelievably, I've failed to solve this problem!

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (10/9/07 6:28 AM) reply + / -
Canon is Canon all over the world.TNKS for your cooperation.Regards from Ukraine.StBoris

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by pistofff (12/6/07 4:04 PM) reply + / -
my priter will not work plaese help how do u fix it sevice eror 5C00.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (12/7/07 12:44 AM) reply + / -
I'm afraid I have been unable to resolve the problem.

This will be my last Canon product!

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by chelen (12/9/07 4:37 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem, can anybody help?

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by cresen (1/17/08 6:40 PM) reply + / -
I just had mine returned from the Service enter and received the same error.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by techtard (1/22/08 1:28 PM) reply + / -
It's a purge unit(QM2-2024). Either tiny jammed piece of paper, or the gear is out. New part is going to be at least 50 bucks, then labor.

(((Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Madzer (10/1/07 12:32 PM) reply + / -
I've been on to the service agents for Canon and they want over 100 to replace the sponge that absorbs the waste ink. What a rip off.
It's the last Canon product I'll ever buy.
I will keep trying to get the codes. If I get them I will publish them here.
Regards from Ireland
Gerry)))

wake up genius, it's a tiny freaking printer. what did you think, it would last forever? that's pretty cheap, actually. any printer you buy, HP, canon, brother, lexmark, they're all made out of cheap plastic. truthfully, canon makes the best product out there. if you switch to someone else, you'll end up paying much, much more.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (6/11/08 4:10 PM) reply + / -
just smashed my one to bits. fuggers

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error message 5COO by nevW (9/7/08 9:50 AM) reply + / -
has any1 solved the mystery 5coo yet
and wots that guys probem with the wake up remark

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by anonymous (9/16/08 6:35 AM) reply + / -
it is a problem with the printhead which is a consumable item.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (9/26/08 7:02 AM) reply + / -
use the reseting sequence given in the i560 thread

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Barney258 (11/25/08 4:20 AM) reply+1 + / -
Try this to reset the error.

1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Power off then back on and test.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (12/12/08 5:11 AM) reply + / -
ive tried the reset sequence above but only get to the 3 presses of the resume button - the IP90v then feeds two sheets of paper and reverts back to flashing 4 oranges - Can anyone explain to me why this happens? im getting extremely frustrated by this!! lol - im also in the Philippines and they aint heard of the ip90 here - need the printer to print my eticket back home to Wales! lol

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Tamedtiger (12/13/08 11:01 PM) reply + / -
Guys i found a solution to my problem of 4 flashing lights - i opened the cover and checked the front right of the printer near the waste ink pads - carefully turned the cogs to move the ink cleaning mechanism and found a load of paper jam debris blocking the mechanism from reaching its port - carefully cleaning this out and putting the printer back together it cleared the 4 orange flashes and the printer is back up and running

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Gerry Madden (12/14/08 10:52 AM) reply + / -
Well done... despite my previous rantings I bought another iP90. Great machine. I'm sure you've helped the other people who replied to this thread. Thanks.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (2/3/09 6:01 PM) reply + / -
I just printed off a sheet after having this error. Some tweezers, needle-nose pliers, paper towel wipes and some dust-off did the trick for getting rid of all the crap that had accumulated in my printer.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (5/22/09 7:06 AM) reply + / -
Here's a fix I found, originally regarding the iP80, but I just verified using it to fix an ailing iP90v. Clean it out underneath the printhead & cleaning mechanism first (paper towel), then do the fix routine.

------------------
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Power off then back on and test.
------------------

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by fugazi9999 (5/22/09 8:45 AM) reply + / -
Knowledge is power, here is the knowledge, the formatting is a little messy but it follows okay, ther are TWO distinct steps to resetting the TWO ink counters in aan iP90. Enjoy.

3-3. Adjustment / Settings

(1) Service mode
The basic operations are the same as those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i.
In this section, destination settings, how to reset the waste ink counter, and EEPROM information
printing, which differ from those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i, are detailed.

1) Turn off a printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
The LED lights green to indicate that functions are selectable.

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power
button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the
Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED
alternately lights in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

4) When the LED lights green, press the Resume/Cancel button as many times as you need, to
select the preferred function. (See the table below.) Each time the Resume/Cancel button is
pressed, the LED alternately lights in either orange or green, starting with orange.
(The color red indicates the changes from the i70 / PIXUS 50i.)

Time(s) LED Function Remarks

0 times Green Power off When the print head is not installed, the carriage
returns and locks in the home position.
1 time Orange Service test print
2 times Green EEPROM information print
3 times Orange EEPROM initialization
4 times Green Waste ink counter resetting Proceed to step 5) below. Once executing step 5), then, move on to step 6) to select the waste ink counter to be reset. (Different from the i70 /
PIXUS 50i.)
5 times Orange Destination settings Proceed to step 5) below. Once executing step 5), then, move on to step 7) to select a
destination. (Different from the i70 / PIXUS 50i.)
10 times Green Return to the menu selection

5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights green, and the
selected function will be performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the
menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s), then press the Power button.
Time(s) LED Waste ink counter to be reset

0 time Green Main waste ink counter
1 times Orange Platen waste ink counter
2 times Green Main waste ink counter and platen waste ink counter (at the
same time)
Note: When the waste ink counter is reset, print the EEPROM information as shown below,
and confirm that the value of the counter is 0 %.

7) Press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination
listed in the table below, then press the Power button.
Time(s) LED Destination
1 time Orange Japan: PIXUS iP90
2 times Green Other than Japan (A4): PIXMA iP90
3 times Orange Other than Japan (LTR): PIXMA iP90 (LTR)
Note: After the specific destination is set, print the EEPROM information as shown below, and
confirm the model name.

Print sample:
1:iPXXXX 2:V1.02 3:IF(USB=1) 4:D=004.9 PD=000.0 5:ST=2005/09/27-18:30
6:ER(ER0=1000 ER1=5100) 7:LPT=2005/09/028-09:09 8:PC(M=002 R=000 T=001 D=009 C=009)
9:CLT(BK=2005/09/27-18:30 Cl=2005/09/27-18:30) 10:CH=00002 11:CT(BK=040 CL=013)
12:IS(BK=1 C=0 M=1 Y=1) 13:IC(BK=00000 C=00000 M=00000 Y=00000)
14:Power(SON=00009 SOFF=00009)
15:REG=0 16:UR(A(BKoe)=+01 B(Coe)=-01 C(Moe)=+01 D(SCoe)=-01 E(SMoe)=+01 F(BKbi)=+01
G(CLbi)=+01 H(BK-CL)=+01 I(SCLbi)=+01 J(C-SC)=+01 K(M-SM)=+01)
17:WP=0024 18:CDIN(LG=001 PB=000) 19:MSD(015)
20: PAGE(All=00083 PP=00035 HR+MP=00003 PR+SP+SG=00003 GP=00000 PC=00000 ENV=00000)
21:CDPAGE=00003 IRPAGE=00003 BTPAGE=00003 PBPAGE=00000 22:BAT PAGE=00000
23:EDGE=00083 24:L=00000 25:HEAD Temp=30.0 26:Env Temp=30.0 27:FF(3F 3F 3F)
HDEEPROM
1:V0001 2:SN=0000-3D6B 3:LN(00000 00000 000001 000003 00001 00000 00000) 4:ID=00
5:IL=(BK=000 C=+01 M=000 Y=+01 C2=+01 M2=000 Y2=+01)

Printed items:
1. Model name 2. ROM version 3. Connected I/F (USB1) 4. Main waste ink amount, Platen waste ink amount
5. Installation date 6. Operator call/service call error record 7. Last printing time 8. Purging count
(manual/deep/timer/dot count/print head installation and removal/ink tank installation and removal)
9. Cleaning time 10. Print head installation and removal (change print head) count 11. Ink tank installation and
removal (change ink tanks) count (Bk/CL) 12. Ink status (Bk/C/M/Y) 13. Total ink consumption 14. Power-on
count (soft power on/soft power off/hard power on) 15. Print head alignment implementation 16. User print head
alignment values (Bkoe/Coe/Moe/SCoe/SMoe/BKbi/CLbi/BK-CL/SCLbi/C-SC/M-SM) 17. Number of times of wiping
18. Number of times of camera port connection and removal (Legacy, PB) 19. Number of the maximum printing
intermission in days 20. Number of print pages (total/plain paper/high resolution paper + Matte Photo Paper/Photo
Paper Pro + Photo Paper Plus Glossy + Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss/Glossy Photo Paper/Card/Envelope) 21.
Number of Camera Direct Print pages (total), number of IRDA print pages (total), number of Bluetooth print pages
(total), and number of Print Beam print pages (total) 22. Number of print pages using battery (total) 23. Number of
borderless print pages 24. Number of print page (L/4 x 6) 25. Print head temperature 26. Inside temperature
27. Line inspection information

HDEEPROM
1. Version
2. Serial number
3. Lot number
4. Print head ID
5. Ink ejection level (Bk/C/M/Y)

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (8/24/09 3:23 AM) reply + / -
i can not resolve this problem...
are there anyone who can help me??
i tried the secuence it didn't go well..

Re: Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Anonymous (10/4/09 10:42 PM) reply + / -
I can not print my documents even I changed ink. Four orange blinks.. I tried and following given in the manual book but no improvement. Can someone help me.
thank you

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Wul (10/14/09 1:07 AM) reply + / -
A good news story ! - I got the dreaded 5c00 message and thought the printer was a gonner. But I tried to reset as above - no joy. I couldn't see any paper debris but used a paper towel to clean out on the right behind the 'home' position of the carriage - (where the ink sponge is ?) I tried another reset and it is back working.

:)

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by paige (2/4/10 10:30 AM) reply + / -
my printerr is not printing out all the words - misses some. put in new ink and still does not work. HELP

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Gerry Madden (2/4/10 1:33 PM) reply + / -
Try the solutions at this link... your printer may just need some routine maintenance. Good luck. Gerry.

C:\Windows\IP90\English\Windows\Driver\Menu\frame07.htm

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by dkapon (2/13/10 4:19 PM) reply + / -
Hi
i just got a canon ip90 and it wworks fine EXCEPT ,if I print a b&w document, it prints in black which is fine but if I print a document that is a mix of b&w and color , than it prints only in yellow/ping/red combination, no hint of black, please help
thanks

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by akay9 (4/4/10 3:02 AM) reply + / -
thanks! it worked!i feel like a genius! i got the 5c00 error while printing tax material! seems like ink was everywhere near the home base where the cartridges hang, just drowning in black ink! i got out the swabs, paper towels and alcohol and cleaned it for about 20-30 minutes. i was very very very gentle to not allow cotton to slip off swaps and to not get towels stuck. i absorbed as much ink as i could. i cleaned foam, rollers and metal pieces. it just kept coming out! i guess it had been getting clogged since 2006 when i bought it! it was a huge mess! as a result, i am wondering if the generic brand cartridges leak more than the canon brand, sure had been using them, so should i switch back to canon brand exclusively? anyone think or know? anyways i am back in service! crackin! thanks everyone!

Re: Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by hytech (6/22/10 8:06 AM) reply + / -
yes stick with the canon cartridges exclusively, but you can just refill them yourself for a fraction of the cost of replacing them!!!

REGARDS!!

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by freedomrydr (8/9/10 11:49 AM) reply + / -
I have followed ALL of the suggestions in the above thread and still cannot get rid of the 4 blinking oranges. It never goes to full green after the initial step.
I have taken the unit apart and cleaned it, changed cartridges, and done just about everything else. I use exclusively Canon carts, and don't refill. The printer is only 2 years old and used very little. I printed a document and it was fine. Went to print another, and got the 5C00 message. Any other suggestions?

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by Rez1r (3/30/11 1:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys, Yes this is a major issue with all Canon printers, I service printers myself and here is a way for all of you out there to save some time and money. Most likely when you have the orange flashing lights the reset sequence WILL NOT WORK. Why? Because there is dried up ink or paper dust blocking up the wiper blade (the little rubbery thing that cleans the bottom of your printhead). So on to fixing the problem. Simple solution. Get a screwdriver and remove the screws on the back of the machine. There are also some screws where the paper exits out of the tray to be removed. Get the covers open clean the bay where the printhead sits. (I use window cleaner, odd but it works). Clean out all the liquid that has been sprayed in and ensure that you clean the metal roller arm that carries the printhead across. Roll the gears to make sure that the wiper blade etc rolls across properly. Reassemble machine and... DONE. Hope this helps.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by avenger (7/4/12 11:30 PM) reply + / -

My printer was working again after using the self clean in the canon printer utility.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by idk (7/20/12 9:00 AM) reply + / -
Wow! Thanks everyone! All of you people with such patience to figure that out should be blessed! I'm so glad my printer works now!!!!

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by chunyuchen33 (8/16/12 8:37 PM) reply + / -
Hi, when I turn my printer on, it first have the noise from start up, sounds like something is jan, but can't see which one, after the ininical set up, my printer head won't go back to far right, then have the orange and green flashing. After I have try the reset from the way you guys told me, it still showing the same thing, showing flashing green and then orange for 4 times.

still need some help. thank you.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by chunyuchen33 (8/23/12 3:40 AM) reply + / -
does anyone know how to fix the gear? i think i found the problem, the gears near the cleaning blade got stuck. how can i take it apart?

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by grantiago (10/18/12 3:55 PM) reply + / -
I was getting the 5c00 error and was about to buy a new printer. I had cleaned the overflow ink tanks and everything else (see the post from Rez1r. Though I used alcohol). But clean it was still giving the error. Even so, cleaning is key.

The post from fugazi9999 with "knowledge is power" fixed my ip90! A little hard to understand. I just kept punching buttons and now it all runs fine. Thanks.

BTW: there are folks on ebay who will clean and reset the codes for your IPxx for $40 plus shipping. hmmn seven screws, five Q tips and a half hour punching the reset button -- less time than it would take me to box it and drive to the Post Office.

Re: Canon iP90 Service Error Message 5C00 by lassieee (7/1/13 6:02 AM) reply + / -
Hi, My ip90v came up with the 5C00 error yesterday. I read this thread and the first part of this page: http://www.justanswer.com /printers/35eme-reset-code-canon-ip90-error-5c00.html (remove the space after .com)
The url above basiscally said that the problem lies with the "parking lot" of the printhead (most right area) which can be fixed after pressing that area down. I wasn't able to do that without opening up the printer, so after I removed the screws and got the lid off, I noticed the "parking lot" wasn't alligned properly, e.g. not perfectly horizontal. After pressing that area down and getting it properly horizontal my error was gone and I was able to print without any further issue.

Good luck and if you need any help (guidance) you can contact me at lassieee_at_gmail_dot_com

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters