fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Bergerius (9/18/07 9:07 AM) reply + / -
How can I reset the waste ink tank full massage at my hp desjet 460 printer? I installed a new waste tank and the massage still appear.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Sam Reich (11/23/07 9:31 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with the HP Deskjet 460 Printer. After replacing the Ink Service Module I still get an error message and the black ink cartridge light and thepaper feed light flash.
Sam

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (11/24/07 6:05 AM) reply + / -
Hi Sam, thanks for your mail.
What is wrong with HP?
Thanks again
Roland

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Stephen (11/24/07 3:22 PM) reply+1 + / -
I wish I had a copy of the instructions...

There is this:

Reset the Printer

Press the Power button to turn off the printer if it is on.

Remove the power cord and battery from the back of the printer.

Press the Power button for 30 seconds and then release it.

Plug the battery pack and/or power cord back into the printer.

Press the Power button to turn the printer on. Wait for the Power button to quit blinking and stay lit. The printer is now reset.

Sometimes a replacement procedure has a reset procedure as part of it, the manual does not spell out the replacement procedure, it just says follow the instructions with the new part.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Sam Reich (11/25/07 9:18 AM) reply + / -
The suggestion made does not get rid of the error message and the 2 lights continue blinking. I had tried your suggestion already. I found help from HP to be virtually non-existent.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Stephen (11/25/07 6:57 PM) reply + / -
If you had let me know you had already tried it before it was suggested, then I wouldn't have bothered.

There is no help available from HP, I have access to the parts of there web site that would have the information you seek, and it's not there.

I wasted 30 minutes of my time researching the problem so you could be ungrateful. (that's how I read your post)

ST

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by sam reich (11/26/07 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Message to Stephen. Thanks for yourhelp and the time you spent researching,it is appreciated. I should have told you the process I had already gone through trying to rectify the problem. I have found HP to be very frustrating to deal with on this problem. Thanks for trying.

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (11/26/07 10:46 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for trying. I do appreciate your help. My fault for not telling you I had tried the normal reset with no success. My frustration is with HP as they have been little or no help to me. Sorry if I came through that way.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Stephen (11/27/07 5:13 AM) reply + / -
Apology accepted.

ST

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by hm05036 (8/5/08 5:32 PM) reply + / -
I e mailed HP and they walked me through it on line, then they e mailed me the instructions to reset your printer. It was simple and it worked. To: Chocalate Guy, I tried to e mail it to you but it was returned saying you have not renewed with aol.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Munee (8/11/08 8:42 AM) reply + / -
I've found this to be the incident that causes me to read final rites to these printers ...

I would greatly appreciate the copy of instructions someone (Steve) labored to find.

I also have had the same error message AND ATTEMPTED TO RESET both my Canon iP90 & HP deskjet 450cbi - the details for restting both printers would be great.

I've got lots of ink for both units!!!

Thanks,
Ellen

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Munee (8/11/08 9:35 AM) reply + / -
error message reads:
"fatal: The ink service module is full..."

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (12/15/08 6:07 PM) reply + / -

Step one: Replace the ink service module

NOTE: The message Replace Ink Service Module As Soon As Possible might appear if the product is connected to the computer.

NOTE: Do not turn the product upside down when removing the ink service module as this might cause wet ink to flow out of the module. To avoid ink stains on hands or furniture, wear plastic gloves when removing the ink service module.

Unplug the power cord from the product.
Slide the battery release slider to the left and remove the battery.

Gently turn the product sideways to remove the ink service module. The ink service module is located on the bottom of the product.
Press and slide the notch with a screwdriver, and rotate the ink service module to the left to remove it.

Remove the new ink service module from the packaging.
Install the new ink service module.

NOTE: Check the ink service module replacement kit for replacing the ink service module.The part number of the replaceable ink service module kit is C8150-67028 for the Deskjet 460 printer and CB026-67043 for the Officejet H470 printer.

Place the product back in its normal position.

Step two: Reset the product

CAUTION: Do not reset the product if the ink service module is not replaced. The ink service module might overflow.

Make sure that the product is on.
Press and hold the Cancel button ( ) and the Resume button ( ) for 8 seconds. The right print cartridge light and the Resume light turns off and the product is ready to print

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (2/10/09 4:45 PM) reply + / -
Is there a way to clean a dirty module instead of buying a new one? I found one online at http://www.pinnaclemicro.com/newcart/search.php?i=cb026-67043&SG1 and the cost is $170!! That is a significant portion of the cost of this printer. I know that it is not uncommon for a printer to cost about the same a few print cartidges, but this is ridiculous.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by moe (2/10/09 5:09 PM) reply + / -
2 online sites one should never, ever patronize are pinnaclemicro.com and everprint.com The only thing they are good for is a laugh. After the initial shock wears off, one has to chuckle at the ridiculous price.

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (2/11/09 2:57 PM) reply + / -
I agree that these sites are ridiculous with their pricing, but what IS a reasonable price for new or refurbished ink service module? Also, since refurbished modules are available, it begs the question (again) of how can this be done? I assume that a solvent of some sort is needed to clean the ink and pad so it can be used again.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by hm05036 (2/11/09 8:23 PM) reply + / -
The Ink service module in the parts list is called a spittoon and the cost is $4.74 from HP parts.

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (2/12/09 11:58 AM) reply + / -
Do you have a link to where you got that information? I called HP and talked with them and HP Parts and they wanted to refer me to an online distributor like Everprint International. This is one of those sites wanting about $130 for this $5 part. If you have a direct link to somewhere online that I can order one for $4.74, I would be eternally grateful.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by hm05036 (2/12/09 8:39 PM) reply + / -
Go to HP parts, then printers, deskjet printers, HP deskjet 460 mobile printers then 460 mobile printer and the model you have then in the drop down box click on spittoon and you should get it.

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (2/13/09 5:58 AM) reply + / -
Thanks. One hopefully last dumb question. Just where do you go to find "HP parts"? There is no www.hpparts.com and I don't see on the HP website where I would find the links you are telling me I should select. By the way, I have a HP 470b printer, but the approach you are indicating should be OK except that I look for an Officejet H470b mobile printer. As someone mentioned above, the part numbers for the spittoon are different but your approach should get me to where I am going. I just need to know where I am starting from. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by hm05036 (2/13/09 7:42 AM) reply + / -
Google HP parts and you can get it.

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (2/13/09 5:06 PM) reply + / -
I found it but HP says "Part is not orderable in the HP Parts Store.". No price given nor instuctions on where to find it either. Of course, the spittoon for the HP 460 is available for $4.74 as you indicated. I guess I should have bought the older printer instead of the newer model H470.

Re: Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (3/16/09 8:49 AM) reply + / -
Press and hold the Cancel button ( ) and the Resume button ( ) for 8 seconds. The right print cartridge light and the Resume light turns off and the product is ready to print

work for me on HP OJ H470

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (4/8/09 12:36 PM) reply + / -
I just put on some latex gloves, got a bunch of q-tips, and dug all the ink out, cleaned it off, replaced the module, and reset the printer. Seems to be working just fine so far!

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by alux (7/7/09 12:44 PM) reply + / -
This is how it worked for me. Remove power cable and battery. Remove the ink service module, remove cover with 6 tabs and then the padding inside. Wash out the module with rubbing alcohol and carefully clean inside of opening in printer with cotton swab. Dry all parts. Put back together. Insert into printer. Turn on printer. Wait until it has done its irritatingly long startup and is ready. Now it is neccessary to RESET. Press and hold down the stop (button with the X) and the advance (button with the arrow and paper symbol) together for 8 seconds. Then hold down the power button and press the advance button 4 times. A report will print. On the report is a section on "Ink Service Module". Next to "Trigger level" it should have a 0 (zero) if not try the RESET procedure again.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (7/14/09 11:46 AM) reply + / -

CAUTION: Do not reset the product if the ink service module is not replaced. The ink service module might overflow.

1.Make sure that the product is on.

2.Press and hold the Cancel button ( ) and the Resume button ( ) for 8 seconds. The right print cartridge light and the Resume light turns off and the product is ready to print.

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (7/14/09 11:50 AM) reply + / -
Here is a link of the details from HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP deskjet 470 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (3/21/10 10:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys. This discussion was helpful for me. I have the HP 470 and
I had the "ink service module full" warning come up. I removed the module and used a standard screwdriver to dig out the ink (which is thick like tar) from the module. The module is nothing more than a plastic tank...no moving parts, no electronics, just a reservoir. No reason to buy a new one! After I removed the old thick ink from the module I replaced it.
I then turned the printer on. To reset the counter, next I pressed the two buttons on the left, the "x" button and the "resume" button, simultaneously for ten seconds. This DID reset the counter to zero...problem solved for now. Thanks guys!

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Anonymous (3/21/10 11:48 PM) reply + / -
Check
http://www.eco-inkjets.com

Re: Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by yoki (7/30/10 1:13 AM) reply + / -
tnx, this works :-)

Flashing Lights by emadoll (2/23/11 4:23 PM) reply + / -
Since all of you seem to have experience with these printers...

I have an HP Deskjet 460.

The resume light blinks, as well as both cartridge lights.

The power light does not blink. There is not a paperjam.

help?

Re: HP G85 replace waste ink pad / tank by moffett8 (4/3/11 8:12 PM) reply + / -
How do I replace the waste ink pad or tank on Hp G85. I don't know which it has it has ink leaking out of the bottom of the printer.

Thanks,

Philip

deskjet 460 diagrams by j.osorio (5/18/11 9:04 PM) reply + / -
Any body knows where to get a hp deskjet 460 diagrams?

Flashing lights. resume &on/off buttons HP 460 by autoq (5/26/12 2:45 AM) reply + / -
Flashing lights. resume & on/off buttons HP 460

The 460 was printing O/K I inadvertently pulled the USB lead out of the back of the printer when it was on.
From that point on the lights on the resume and on/off buttons blink both the cartridge lights are on but not blinking.
I tried the reset suggested in the answers above by pressing the two buttons on the left, the "x" button and the "resume" button, simultaneously for ten seconds. This did not work I then looked at the removable ink tank thoroughly cleaned this and replaced. Tried the reset again to no avail!
Can anyone help?

Re: HP deskjet 460 Waste ink tank full by Lakis Tsiorbatzudis (11/30/12 1:37 AM) reply + / -
simply done wothout ordering parts!!!

follow the instructions to remove the full module from here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com

then get a bucket with warm water (dont do it in the sink, it can get quite messy) wash all the components out and set the down to dry.

put it all back together and then follow the instructions on the page i pasted above to reset the counter and print the test page.!!

viola. the whole thing should take about 30 mins max !!

Reset the spittoon by Justcanned (11/7/13 11:11 AM) reply + / -
The thread from 12/15/08 worked for my HP460.
This is what I copied.

Step one: Replace the ink service module

NOTE: The message Replace Ink Service Module As Soon As Possible might appear if the product is connected to the computer.

NOTE: Do not turn the product upside down when removing the ink service module as this might cause wet ink to flow out of the module. To avoid ink stains on hands or furniture, wear plastic gloves when removing the ink service module.

Unplug the power cord from the product.
Slide the battery release slider to the left and remove the battery.

Gently turn the product sideways to remove the ink service module. The ink service module is located on the bottom of the product.
Press and slide the notch with a screwdriver, and rotate the ink service module to the left to remove it.

Remove the new ink service module from the packaging.
Install the new ink service module.

NOTE: Check the ink service module replacement kit for replacing the ink service module. The part number of the replaceable ink service module kit is C8150-67028 for the Deskjet 460 printer and CB026-67043 for the Officejet H470 printer.

Place the product back in its normal position.

Make sure that the product is on.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters