Anonymous

asked May 14, 2007 at 11:17pm
Canon Canon Bubblejet (BJ) 5

MP170 (5b00) Ink Tank Full Error

MP170 (5b00) Ink Tank Full Error Reset

1,power off.

2,hold stop/reset ,hold ON/OFF

2,release stop/reset, push stop/reset twice, quickly, then release ON/OFF

3,wait untill LCD display shows "Canon Idle",then push stop/reset four times, quickly

4,then push power twice, quickly

5,power off and power on.
ME RESULTE EXCELENTE MUCHAS GRACIAS.
by Anonymous on Jun 8, 2007 at 7:02am Add comment
ME RESULTO EXCELENTE MUCHAS GRACIAS.
by Anonymous on Jun 8, 2007 at 7:09am Add comment
THANKS SO MUCH, VERY GRATEFUL.
by Anonymous on Sep 26, 2007 at 5:07pm Add comment
Worked for me too :)

Can anyone confirm that the "ink waste tank" is in fact the two sponges that sit under the print heads? Or is there a proper "tank" underneath them somewhere?
by unknown on Oct 8, 2007 at 4:20pm Add comment
I have been trying all the options that are outlined to sort out an MP170 Waste Ink full/error 5b00 but with no success. Any ideas to help?
by unknown on Dec 3, 2007 at 1:07pm Add comment
I too had no luck with the instructions above so I tried modifying them in hopes of finding a solution for the same problem on possibly a different vintage MP170. I found a solution for my printer and it is almost exactly the same proceedure outlined above(Thank you for the instructions BTW, I know that the printer companies program these "errors" so that after a fixed number of print cycles you will need service. You can get the "fix" over the phone for a fee. I would have never been able to find my solution without the original instructions.) Here is what I did:

1,power off.

2,hold stop/reset ,hold ON/OFF

2,release stop/reset then release ON/OFF

3,wait untill LCD display shows "Canon Idle",then push stop/reset four times, quickly

4,then push ON/OFF twice, quickly

5,power off and power on.

As you can see, all I did was to eliminate the two quick presses on the stop/reset button from the second step 2 in the original instructions. This worked for me, GOOD LUCK! - DoctorD
Gracias...

Merci beaucoup, ça fonctionne chez moi.
(France)
by unknown on Feb 16, 2008 at 8:31am Add comment
Hi,
Thanks, whichever method, I tried both and after after a few times I think it is the first method. I finally done it. This works okay. Some tips. Be patient, Be very patient when it ask for wait until LCD display, it will come out AND when asked to press quickly, do so, if not you cannot power off at the last step.
Thanks again, it saves me a trip to the technician not mentioning the cost of repair.
John
by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2008 at 8:07am Add comment
After some fiddling with the pads I have reset the counter using the first method, I had no problem doing so and had the printer working as normal after the first try. Thank you for sharing the information with all the other (home technicians) handymen from around the world. (Australia)
by Anonymous on Jun 2, 2008 at 2:54am Add comment
THANK YOU
by Anonymous on Oct 17, 2008 at 12:05pm Add comment
Thank you so much for the person who posted the first method! THank you. Worked for me: Dec 26, 2008
by Anonymous on Dec 26, 2008 at 10:09am Add comment
Wonderful instructions, worked first time for me. I am in awe of folk who can find these remedies to save us mere mortals a fortune. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
by unknown on Mar 2, 2009 at 8:37am Add comment
thanks to who ever posted it!
by Anonymous on May 22, 2009 at 10:43pm Add comment
Brilliant!!! Thank you!
by unknown on Jul 20, 2009 at 1:45am Add comment
From Mexico.
This work in Canon i900D too. You solved my problem.
Thank you, very thank you

Si quieres quitar el error 5b00 de la canon 1900d haz este procedimiento y te olvidas de estar buscando el servico de canon

Muchas Gracias amigo anonymous
by unknown on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:37pm Add comment
Thank you from Bulgaria! I tried the first method and it works!
by Anonymous on May 28, 2010 at 3:50am Add comment
First method worked for me too on the first attempt. Am glad as I'd just bought four new cartridges! Thank you
by unknown on Jul 17, 2010 at 3:51am Add comment
how many time have to wait until shows "idle"....???
by paleologos on Sep 4, 2010 at 12:09pm Add comment
Brilliant. Worked for me too. Now I have another problem. Printer keeps telling me I have a Paper Jam. But I can print test pages fine and paper goes through smoothly. In anger I kept pressing OK in response to the message and suddenly it burst into life and started printing. What is going on!
by unknown on Mar 14, 2011 at 2:40am Add comment
Toimii! It Works! Fine, Thanks!
by unknown on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:58pm Add comment
just used the first one but after the power button stops blicking yet on screen nothing is show what should i do then.
by unknown on Oct 4, 2013 at 10:36am Add comment