fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Stephenson (3/4/07 9:33 AM) reply + / -
I have an ip2000 inkjet which is printing perfectly except for the message "waste ink absorber is almost full".

It would appear this is a problem with many of your visitors who have Canon printers but I haven't seen one relating to the ip2000.

Could someone please let me know: -

1. Where is the waste ink absorber in the printer and how do I get to it?

2. As Canon told me they no longer supply them for this printer, is it possible to clean the existing one and re-use?

3. How do I then reset the counter as it is clear this is going to cause the printer to stop working shortly.

Problem is I have purchased lots of black and colour ink cartridges.

Would appeciate someone's assistance.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Anonymous (3/14/07 11:33 PM) reply + / -
I have an ip2000 inkjet which is printing perfectly except for the message "waste ink absorber is full. cont.your service provider".

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by BAB (3/18/07 6:46 AM) reply + / -
This is such an inexpensive printer way waste the effort. Plus without changing the blotters, your doomed to ink running out of it eventually without warning but ok here is the reset instructions. Good luck and incidently this should be performed only by a Canon authorized tech as other steps are usually performed in testing the printer.

1) With the printer powered off, hold down the resume button and press the power button.
2) While holding down the power button, release the resume button and press the resume button twice in succession. Now release the power button. The indicator will blink in green and remain lit in green.
Now press the resume button 4 times and then the power button, voila you just reset the waste ink counter. Good luck and hope it doesn't come back to haunt you! And be happy, you just took food out off some trained tech's table.

Re: Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Anonymous (3/28/07 6:42 AM) reply + / -

So far so good.

Followed your instructions. Few noises off and now lights are green - no flashing orange. Haven't yet tried to print though as I don't want to lose this page yet.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by razzmatazz (6/3/07 2:28 PM) reply + / -
thanks worked just like a charm, who cares if a tech looses some money, they are overpaid anyways, $50 an hour to fix a $75 printer?

Re: Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by kimnjerry (9/3/07 10:31 AM) reply + / -
I followed your instructions and the orange light stopped blinking, however, I've lost the ability to access any maintenance functions in my print utility. When I click "maintenance," nothing happens. I suspect I've reset something I shouldn't have.

Pleaes advise.

Thanks.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Kaks (5/20/09 2:21 AM) reply + / -
Thank you to the person that wrote how to re-set the waste ink absorber.
It's worked for me! (the resume button being the second one down of the three)

Re: Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by kimnjerry (6/6/09 11:25 PM) reply + / -
I'd like to know how to change blotters, etc.

It may be an inexpensive printer, but it performs well and ink is far less costly than for more recent printers.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Anonymous (5/14/10 8:58 AM) reply + / -
I followed the instructions green light stopped flashing as said it would but now it won't print at all, keeps saying printer is off line.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by rlw10201 (7/20/10 2:19 PM) reply + / -
I just tried it and its worked for me. The first time I tried to print. The computer kept saying the printer was offline. I turned the printer off and on again and now its printing again!

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by BAB (7/21/10 9:02 AM) reply + / -
Be very careful with those units. They are not designed to have the blotters replaced and if your just resetting the ink counter, the blotter area may overflow eventually and you'll have ink every where.
You could try to open them and make blotters from a blotter pak we might recommend but we usually don't try to open those guys because Canon has made it more difficult then time allows us to do the job and make any money at it.

BAB
Canon Tech

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by dave1 (8/21/10 7:56 AM) reply + / -
So what happens when they are full, beside resetting them I mean?? Do I just throw the printer out the window and buy another CANON???
dave

Re: Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by weereilly (11/19/10 11:26 AM) reply + / -
Thank you! Worked a treat. Appreciate you sharing your expertise.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by PeterHCL (5/7/11 12:35 AM) reply + / -
the instructions on re-setting the printer are very helpful. A few people now have asked how to get to the waste ink absorber and either clean it or replace it with a home-made blotter. I can't see any response, though, from anyone on how to do this (other than to say it's time-consuming . . . but without saying how to do it). Does anyone know? An urgent answer would be fantastic. Thanks.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by Will Trying (8/31/11 3:58 AM) reply + / -
We have just removed the outer cover and cleaned the absorber pads which are to the right just under the cartridges - it was a bit tricky and extremely messy, I suggest wearing gloves! We are about to reconnect the printer and reset as suggested by BAB earlier, here goes.... oh oh! we are getting the offline message, so will now turn off and on again. Hurrah! finally it's working again.

A big thanks to all who posted suggestions.

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by veejay (12/13/11 5:08 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the info on resetting the printer,I had to turn it off and on again after resetting but everything worked ok, I am hoping that it won't overflow before I use the 2 new cartridges I have in stock, then it will be a new printer, this one has been brilliant and will be sorry to see it retire.
Thanks everyone
vj

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by kimnjerry (12/16/11 1:05 PM) reply + / -
This is a great printer, and I have mine serviced by Canon once a year for $130. That's a small price to pay, considering my new generic cartridges only cost me ±$2.00 each.

Re: Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by wolfie40 (4/21/12 8:47 AM) reply + / -
I have tried your suggestion and yes it worked. for a time, now the light is showing again...

can you please tell me how to get to the pads? where does the excess drain off to? what exactly is the waste ink absorber?

thanks

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by whatsup (2/5/13 12:47 AM) reply + / -
I also got a message on my printer saying the waste ink absorber was almost full.
I took Will trying's advice, I removed the printer cover located the waste ink absorber on the right hand side under the ink cartridges. I have cleaned the waste ink absorber pads, put the cover back on and did not even have to reset the waste ink counter the green light is on no flashing orange light.
And voila the printer is now working like a dream

Thank you Will trying

P.S. have to say Im a gal not a guy

Re: Waste Ink Absorber replacement on iP2000 inkjet by acuriousfriend (2/11/14 3:07 AM) reply + / -
Hello!
Well, I was reading this page and there are some good advice on how to #Reset# the Printer, but there is nothing one the matter of opening and washing or replacing the waste ink absorber! Not here, and not over the internet. Could someone PLEASE tell me or share me the images of how this thing REALLY LOOKS LIKE?! I really wanna get my hands dirty and fix this thing!
Thank you very much in advance.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters