jnmccrt

asked Feb 11, 2007 at 5:19am
Epson Epson Stylus Color 460

Epson 460 won't stop printing

Sorry if this comes through twice. My first message doesn't appear to have been processed.

My Epson 460 has gone crazy, has now printed out hundreds of pages with just a few bits of gobbledygook on each piece of paper. Have unplugged it, pulled out leads, uninstalled it, rebooted computer, downloaded new driver, reinstalled it - and still it goes on printing! What can I do to stop the monster?
Replying to myself - how sad. :) But I FINALLY stopped the printer and in case anyone else ever comes along here with the same problem, here's what worked, following advice I found at http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2539097.php

Using a word editing program such as Notepad or Wordpad, create the below BAT file. You can just copy and paste. Name, Save and run it (I used Start/Run/cmd) as KillPrintJob.bat and it will clear the print queue.

@echo off
net stop "print spooler"
del /q "\%SystemRoot\%\\system32\\spool\\PRINTERS\\*.*"
net start "print spooler"
ping localhost -n 5 > nul
by jnmccrt on Feb 11, 2007 at 5:51am Add comment
I am having exactly this problem! Thanks for posting the solution, but I am not very technical and can't work out how to save as a .bat file. Any advice?
by lucymay1 on Jun 2, 2007 at 2:34pm Add comment
If you create the file in Notepad (Start/All Programs/Accessories) it will be saved as a .txt file by default - eg, you could call it KillPrintJob.txt . Once that's happened, you can rename the file to KillPrintJob.bat . Then run it as above using Start/Run/cmd. Hope that helps.
by Anonymous on Jun 3, 2007 at 5:08am Add comment
If you create the file in Notepad (Start/All Programs/Accessories) it will be saved as a .txt file by default - eg, you could call it epson.txt . Once that's happened, you can rename the file to epson.bat . Then run it as above using Start/Run/cmd. Hope that helps.
by Anonymous on Jun 3, 2007 at 5:06am Add comment