fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ?

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by hammer1 (edited 2/7/07 5:14 PM) reply + / -
I Have a HP 4215 All-in-one used very little. Now I get a message that says" RIGHT PRINT CARTRIDGE IS INCORRECT" Both cartridges are fairly new and the proper ones for the printer.I cleaned the cartridges,reinstalled,same message. What else can I do ? Thanks muchly

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by hammer1 (2/7/07 5:18 PM) reply + / -
I get an error message saying " Right Print cartridge is Incorrect" I have the proper cartridge installed and was working prior to this.
Removed,cleaned and reinstalled. Same error appears. Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Stephen (2/8/07 6:19 AM) reply + / -
It could be:

Dirty contacts on the carriage board.

Bad carriage board.

Bad cartridge.

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (2/8/07 3:43 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Stephen:
I noticed that under where you load cartridges there a some ink on a pad type thing where the black(the supposedly incorrect one)cartridge sits.
Am I correct is assuming that this could be easily remedied with a proper service and a new cartridge ?

Re: Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by cmburkey (3/1/07 11:38 AM) reply + / -
I have been getting the same error message and noticed a black smudge area behind the cartridge carrier. Were you able to clean this and was this the problem? I've had my printer for over a year and this is the first time I've had any problems with it. I installed a new cartridge and cleaned the contacts in the cartridge carrier.
Thanks!

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (12/4/07 6:49 PM) reply + / -
I have a 4215xi with an error message 8005?

Re: Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (12/4/07 6:54 PM) reply + / -
My 4215 has an error message oxfoaf8005 and the carriage does not move although I can move it freely by hand,I got no help from the HP online service or their web site,my last HP,any ideas?
Printer is 15 months old,little use.

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by anon88 (12/5/07 6:23 PM) reply + / -
If you have an 0x error message, chances are the firmware in the printer is shot. All you can really do is remove the cartridges and do a power drain on it...unplug from outlet and from back of unit and let it sit...once back on insert cartridges..if error is still there, printer is garbage.

Re: Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (9/15/08 7:29 PM) reply + / -
I am vexed by same cartridge error: I put in new ones now
after cleaning and putting in old ones, finding from the store
that in fact the two month old cartridges were fine and full; still I invested in name-brand HP cartridges and still the HP 4215 says "Check the Left" then I reinstall Left then it says Check the Right. Repeat. A new HP dance, I don't think this is firmware but programmed software from HP that punishes those who have used generic cartriges for these new ones have a build-in counter that needs to be "reset"; as this now is possibly stuck
in the overcount mode and needs to be reset. Employee at Office Depot and Office Max both suggested that the counter and seriel number on the cartridges are detecting unfamiliar seriel numbers or are simply making mistakes even with new HP cartridges. Evidently Epsom has a independently made cartridge resetter that overrides the count of pages so as to not throw "reminder" on screen to check cartridge, when again (main point) each cartridge is brand new, full, and certified new at each store by employee and over 95% full on their own machines that check. Any help?

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (10/1/08 4:54 PM) reply+1 + / -
Can someone post the exact method for "resetting" this model?
I've done it before, over the phone with a rep, but I'm now living in Seoul and would have to sit on hold forever to get it done.

Thanks in advance!

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (10/23/08 7:28 PM) reply + / -
Hi. The method I know for resetting is to unplug power from back of printer, hold down 6 and # keys, and plug back in. Keep holding down keys until you see a reset message.

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (11/18/08 5:07 PM) reply + / -
Tried the 6# until error code goes away but, it just resets itself again.

There is a lot of ink on the sponges in back of the cartridges.
The contact board(?) could use some housekeeping as well.

hp suggests Qtips are counter productive and may damage the unit.

So, if there's "someone out there, out where dreams come true," let me know how to tackle this thing.

I strongly believe that through activeX, hp may be able to recognize a refurbished injet cartridge vs an authentic hp cartridge.

Their cartridge prices are SO high, I need an oxygen mask.
$60 for ink... come on now.

Hollah

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by KC789 (12/6/08 10:20 PM) reply + / -
hi i have a hp photosmart c5180 and have the same problem! i can't even print black and white.. i turn on the printer and i immediately get a flashing message saying "ink cartridge problem: the following ink cartridge(s) appear to be missing or damaged" and i can't do anything except turn the printer on and off... any suggestions??

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (1/20/09 5:58 PM) reply + / -
Does the HP4215 REQUIRE that you have both
carts in to be used? You can't have just a
b/w cart, even if you never do color printing?

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Bert (1/20/09 8:46 PM) reply + / -
Go to the manual.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00095626.pdf

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by anonymous (1/22/09 9:50 AM) reply + / -
Bert;

Already fixed it. Thanks anyway.

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by Anonymous (3/18/09 9:22 AM) reply + / -
The printer brought up a message to replace cartridge. I have now tried this 4 times and keep getting cartridge error. I have cleaned the contactors.

I have now de-installed the printer.

Can anybody help?????????

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by adfunches (3/25/10 7:22 AM) reply + / -
I have tried all the above, including unplug - reset 6 & # - cleaning contact surfaces, etc., and nothing has worked. NOW I'm heading to Office Depot (refilled carts) to see if THEY have any answers ... And Carly Fiorina wants to be a politician? I do not think so ... I have learned, through extensive experience, that the current iteration of HP, leads me to despise this company's products AND policies. I'll post any solutions I discover through Office Depot ...

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by run310 (11/18/10 12:51 PM) reply + / -
I was getting the same error and the strange thing is I had an xtra 4215 at home so I brought this to our business to replace the 1 with the error and the crazy thing was I got the same error when I know this printer was working fine. I read some of the blogs about imitation cartridges and that's exactly what I was using. When I took these out & replaced with original HP cartridges...shazam!! the printers both started to work. What a crock that HP would make us buy their expensive cartridges. Next printer is definitely not going to be HP!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HP 4215 Ink cartridge error ? by kodi (3/20/12 11:35 AM) reply + / -
HP is lik DELL ......... JUNK.. avoid and buy a apple or if your heart is set on pc then COMPAQ

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters