asked Jan 14, 2007 at 3:37pm
Epson Epson Stylus CX6000

Epson Stylus CX6000 printer

I have bought a new epson stylus cx6000 printer. prints fine....went to change ink cartridge....used a compatible cartridge instead of real thing. Printer will not accept the compatible cartridge....is there anything I can do?

I have had epson printers in the past and everyone accepted the compatible cartridges.

It could be the chip on the ink cartridge. But check here it might help http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/cartridgeerror.html You may want to buy a chip resetter. I have had to use a old chip that was reset on a new ink cartridge more than once.
by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2007 at 11:37pm Add comment
We are having the exact same problem (using "compatible" inks), the printer says cartridge is not compatible, although it read 2 OK at first, then when we replaced the 2 not reading, all 4 went to not reading mode. Any help out there?Thanks.
by bzybyr on Jan 15, 2007 at 3:12pm Add comment
Are you kidding me??? Read the post right above yours. Click on the link and read.
by Anonymous on Jan 15, 2007 at 5:05pm Add comment
I have exactly the same problem.
by Anonymous on Aug 13, 2007 at 5:10pm Add comment
I had the same problem. I bought alternative cartridges from clicks inks. I called clicks and was told that Epson has instituted a technology in May of 2007 to try to prevent the use of alternative cartridges. Clicks said that they had worked out a way around this problem and to return them for an exchange for the cartridges that work with the new printers that are on the market since May.

I am waiting for the delivery of the exchange cartridges and will post when I find out if they work.

Epson is defeating the purpose of purchasing Epson, in my veiw, since I buy Epson because I can use affordable cartridges.
by Anonymous on Sep 22, 2007 at 12:50am Add comment