fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus CX6000 printer

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by Moseley (1/14/07 3:37 PM) reply + / -
I have bought a new epson stylus cx6000 printer. prints fine....went to change ink cartridge....used a compatible cartridge instead of real thing. Printer will not accept the compatible cartridge....is there anything I can do?

I have had epson printers in the past and everyone accepted the compatible cartridges.

Re: Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by Anonymous (1/14/07 11:37 PM) reply + / -
It could be the chip on the ink cartridge. But check here it might help http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/cartridgeerror.html You may want to buy a chip resetter. I have had to use a old chip that was reset on a new ink cartridge more than once.

Re: Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by bzybyr (1/15/07 3:12 PM) reply + / -
We are having the exact same problem (using "compatible" inks), the printer says cartridge is not compatible, although it read 2 OK at first, then when we replaced the 2 not reading, all 4 went to not reading mode. Any help out there?Thanks.

Re: Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by Anonymous (1/15/07 5:05 PM) reply + / -
Are you kidding me??? Read the post right above yours. Click on the link and read.

Re: Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by Anonymous (8/13/07 5:10 PM) reply + / -
I have exactly the same problem.

Re: Epson Stylus CX6000 printer by Anonymous (9/22/07 12:50 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem. I bought alternative cartridges from clicks inks. I called clicks and was told that Epson has instituted a technology in May of 2007 to try to prevent the use of alternative cartridges. Clicks said that they had worked out a way around this problem and to return them for an exchange for the cartridges that work with the new printers that are on the market since May.

I am waiting for the delivery of the exchange cartridges and will post when I find out if they work.

Epson is defeating the purpose of purchasing Epson, in my veiw, since I buy Epson because I can use affordable cartridges.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters