unknown

asked Jan 1, 2007 at 2:49am
Unknown Printer

epsom R320 service required reset

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can help with the reset for my epsom
Thanks
Regards Sean
Download the ssc service utility. Just google or search for it here here.
by Anonymous on Jan 1, 2007 at 2:52am Add comment
by hpwizard on Jan 1, 2007 at 12:45pm Add comment
That link says it works for Windows, I really did read it :-) Is there one that works for a Mac (running OS 10.4.4 on a pre-Intel Mac). My epson R320 says "Service required. Printer Parts are at end of service life. See printer manual for details", which is really infuriating, since it was working fine until this error message!

thanks if you can help! - ericaazim
Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.
by unknown on Feb 16, 2007 at 11:06pm Add comment
Screen now says: CLEAR WASTE CTR INK , FINISHED TURN OFF PRINTER POWER.

I DID THE ABOVE BUT NOW THE PRINTER WILL NOT POWER BACK UP.

HAVE UNPLUGGED THE PRINTER THE MESSAGE (CLEAR WASTE CTR INK , FINISHED TURN OFF PRINTER POWER) STAYS ON THE SCREEN.
PLUGED IT BACK IN AND PUSH POWER BUTTON BUT IT WILL NOT POWER BACK UP. - Dave Hays
Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.
by unknown on Feb 16, 2007 at 11:09pm Add comment
I found your post, works like a charm!

Thanks,
John Fletcher
Cleveland, Miss. - Anonymous
Hi, great tip, it worked also for me. Lesson learned now, i had already 4 printers wasted and bought some new ones instead. Another tip, You can convert the inkt waste tube also by drilling a hole in the back of the printer and use a smaller tube to extend it outside, Just please a empty bottle outside the printer. - Anonymous
does this work for the r340 plz let me know
by lardyhaha on Feb 18, 2007 at 5:12am Add comment
thank you guys so much!
by Anonymous on Jun 1, 2007 at 11:53pm Add comment
Thanks for this info, worked great. Why can't Epson give out this info?
by unknown on Nov 17, 2007 at 8:08am Add comment
Hello,

When I try to print off the above printer I am getting the following message "Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life". I have been told that I need to reset the ink overflow counters. I have now downloaded the 'SSC Service Utility', then I have used 'Protection Counter' and the 'Reset Counter Protection' option. The windows that subsequently pop up state that the 'waste counter is reseted'. But my maintenance light and green on/off buttons are still flashing.

Also, when I go into 'Protection Counter' and then 'Show current Value' a window pops up to tell 'sone error occurred'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ray
by unknown on Dec 28, 2007 at 2:00am Add comment
sounds like your ink pads are full, you need to clean and reset the counter.

Here is an little item that will save money and hassles
http://search.ebay.com
by eagle_flh on Jan 14, 2008 at 12:43pm Add comment
Okay. I'll give the ink emptying tanks a go.

Thanks for your help.

Ray - Anonymous
I am sooo thrilled that this worked even though I have Vista. The only change for me from what is stated in the posts was that the reset did not happen after holding down the three buttons; I had to actually unplug and replug for it to work. THANK YOU so much - this information saved me time and $$$.

:-) Shelley
by Shelley H on Jun 11, 2008 at 1:54pm Add comment
I have the same problem with my epson stylus photo 785EPX
the thing says parts are at the end of their service. I went
to the site and down loaded the thing but I must be doing
something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreicated.
Thanks
Delana
by Anonymous on Jul 20, 2008 at 2:10pm Add comment
thanks for the tips! worked ace!
by Anonymous on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:52pm Add comment
hi my epson stylus dx7450 it won't print it scans fine but i have put new ink catridges in it twice now and it just blinks a red light saying that they are empty can anyone help me please
by Anonymous on Jun 12, 2009 at 1:54pm Add comment
HELP!!!!!
Pushed the reset buttons and now the Screen now says: CLEAR WASTE CTR INK , FINISHED TURN OFF PRINTER POWER.

I DID THE ABOVE BUT NOW THE PRINTER WILL NOT POWER BACK UP.

HAVE UNPLUGGED THE PRINTER THE MESSAGE (CLEAR WASTE CTR INK , FINISHED TURN OFF PRINTER POWER) STAYS ON THE SCREEN.
PLUGGED IT BACK IN AND PUSH POWER BUTTON BUT IT WILL NOT POWER BACK UP.
by Dave Hays on Jul 23, 2009 at 10:48am Add comment
Thanks so much for the info. It worked!
by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:10pm Add comment
tried all the reset methods with ssc utility none of them worked, but this did.
pullout the power lead then whilst holding down the power, maintenance and stop buttons, put the power plug back in.
It showed a few instructions on the LCD display and said turn off. Turned it back on and voila! it had reset.
Hope this helps a few of you.
Andy.
by Anonymous on Mar 20, 2010 at 11:01am Add comment
Nice and easy! Worked like a charm! Thanks!!!!
by Anonymous on Jun 3, 2010 at 4:11pm Add comment
Thank you people of the thread!
by unknown on Feb 20, 2012 at 4:34pm Add comment
thank you so much i had the error message parts of your printer have reached the end of their life etc so i did the hold down power maintenance and off button but this didnt work, so i unplugged the power then held down the 3 buttons and plugged it back in and voila it worked, great advice thanks again x
by unknown on Mar 12, 2012 at 6:43am Add comment
Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation. please details
by unknown on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:05pm Add comment
"Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation. please details"

The answer is right in this post. Read read read.

by unknown on Dec 3, 2012 at 9:27am Add comment