fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by mau mau (11/13/06 8:26 AM) reply+2 + / -
Do someone knows how to reset the IP1200 after refilling the PG 40 and/or the CL41 cartridges?

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (2/17/08 4:35 PM) reply + / -
the printers that use these cartridges write to an embedded chip in the circuit of the cartridge with the information that the cartridge is spent. this is canons method of scaring off end users from using refills. unfortunately there is no software available yet to reset these cartridges. to this end, you lose any ink level information until new genuine canon cartridges are fitted. this is skulduggery and dirty tricks by not just canon, but most printer manufacturers including HP.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by flatron83 (3/6/08 10:59 PM) reply + / -
Uona ... is working !

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (6/3/08 9:09 AM) reply + / -
I have the Pixma MX310. All you have to do is hold the "reset/stop" button for 5 seconds. It will reset it and you're good to go.

I don't believe the PG-40 and CL-41 type cartridge have the the computer chip like the higher-end cartridges do. Those with the chip will have a actual little PC board chip on it.

Bo

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rogert (6/3/08 10:10 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon PIXMA MX300 and have the same problem. I refilled all my carts, but now they still indicate "empty" even after I used the stop/reset 5 second trick. I am still able to continue printing but, I have heard that you will have to continue doing this 5 second thing occasionally and will eventually get a warning that you are about to void your warranty. I guess time will tell. I am also wonder about this "waste ink absorber" thing. Any input would be appricated.
Roger

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by anaconda (9/24/08 5:53 PM) reply + / -
check this link out for tutorial to reset ink level of PG40 / CL 41C
on pixma series. http://ij-forum.blogspot.com
under article How To Reset Ink Level of Fine Cartridge
Regards,

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Alfr3do (11/12/08 3:06 PM) reply + / -
I had the same problem...
I tried everything posted here and other forums with no succes..
Until I found a solution for Canon MP-160:

MP-160 is different from MX300 so I tried my best with it...
The main solution is to reset the entire printer:
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back...

It works right for me...

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by axel1981 (12/22/08 4:26 AM) reply + / -
your action is working.thx
does this process reset inkjet,or the printer has accept the inkjet?can i use those inkjets in another printer?

Re: Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (12/22/08 11:02 AM) reply + / -
This process resets the printer, the cartridges are supossed to be full, the printer will use them as new ones.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (1/15/09 9:20 AM) reply + / -
It works!!! thanks from Clive in South Africa

Re: Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseti by slade1956 (1/16/09 5:27 PM) reply + / -
Absolutely perfect.............thank you so much.

Do you have any other brilliant ideas regarding ink levels for other Canon printers.....such as the MP 160.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseti by Anonymous (1/19/09 5:43 AM) reply + / -
Slade1956, Unfortunatly no, I dont have any other solutions.
I posted this one cause I have a MX300 and I found the solution browsing the web and I thougt it may be usefull to many people...
Sorry.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (4/7/09 1:00 AM) reply + / -
hey there. did the reset process and it works, however, i think the black is empty brcause a test page came out with only color, and when i asked for a copy, came out blank. Is it an empty cartrige. Thanks alot.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Eric7847 (4/25/09 4:50 PM) reply + / -
IT WORKS!!! With the Pixma MP470. Thanks a ton Alfr3do.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by peterst (5/11/09 12:55 AM) reply + / -
it did not work on my mx300.
Any other suggestions?

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Alfr3do (5/11/09 7:23 AM) reply + / -
Peter, this is Alfr3do, i have a mx300 and it works just fine every time. I have to do the process every time i refill the carts, almost every month. I have done it like 8 times and it works.

Please dont hesitate to make me any question about it, cause i think you are probably doing something wrong. I think so, cause one of my fellows told me the same, and i had to go to his office to do the process myself and it worked. He was doing wrong a single step.

Belive me, it works.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rogert (5/11/09 6:28 PM) reply + / -
I do not understand what you all are doing different. I have a canon MX300. The 1st time that my carts ran low on ink, I refilled both of them , allowed them to stop dripping & reinstalled them back in to my MX300. With the power on, I held the "stop/reset" button down for a good 7-10 seconds. Alarm light went out & has been printing great ever since. My ink level indicator doesn't work, so I yank my carts out about every 4 months, top them off & I'm in business. I have never had to do the reset thing again. 18 months & I'm still using the original carts that came with the printer.
Roger

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by VXR10 (5/12/09 4:09 AM) reply + / -
Guys this is only dirty tricks by not just canon but different printer manufacturers to make you buying new carts, but printer have to work with showing low ink level or after pressing 5-7 sec. "stop\reset"button

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (5/21/09 11:04 AM) reply + / -
I love you man (Alfr3do) worked wonders for me cheers

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (5/21/09 11:13 AM) reply + / -
this is what i had to do to get it to work with canon mp460

2. Hold down power button
3. Reconnect the power cable
4. With the power button still down, press twice the “Cancel/Stop” red button
5. Release the power button
6. The printer is now in factory mode...(wait about 30 seconds until it says “idle”)
7. Press the down arrow (next to the “OK” button) until it says “Shipping Mode 1”
8. Press the “OK” Button
9. Now with it displaying “Without Cleaning” press the power button
10. A test page should print
11. Now open cover
12. Disconnect the power again
13. Take both cartridges out like normal
14. Close cover
15. Reconnect power cable
16. Press power button
17. Replace cartridges

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by oziocan (7/11/09 3:22 AM) reply + / -
Have any suggestion for canon mp140, because i cant figure out which one is arrow button here.

cheerz

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (7/23/09 12:16 PM) reply + / -
God bless you my friend. I just tried it out and worked perfect. And my model is the Canon MX310, so it works for my model too. Certified!!!

Thank you again for you BIG help.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by hjpratt4321 (8/29/09 9:23 AM) reply + / -
THis is the procedure I used for an MP470. It is basically a modified version of that previously posted for the MP460.

1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Hold down "On/Off" button.
3. Reconnect the power cable.
4. With the power button still down, press the “Stop/Reset” button twice.
5. Release the "On/Off" button.
6. The printer is now in "factory mode".
- wait until “idle” is displayed.
7. Press the right arrow button (next to the “OK” button) repeatedly until “Shipping Mode 3” is displayed.
8. Press the “OK” Button
9. Wait until “Without Cleaning” is displayed and then presss the “Stop/Reset” button once.
10. A test page should print.
11. Open the cover.
- the cartridges should position themselves at the far left - the cartridge removal location.
12. Disconnect the power cable.
13. Remove both cartridges.
14. Close the cover.
15. Reconnect the power cable.
16. Press the "On/Off" button once.
17. Wait until a "Replace Cartridges" message is displayed.
- insert cartridges.
18. Wait until the printer is operating in its normal mode. The display shows the normal start menu (ie: Copy).

The ink levels have been reset.
- check by going to printer>properties>maintenance>view printer status

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (9/23/09 5:53 AM) reply + / -
yo I have a mp140 as well
all you do is do any print job, the empty cartidge icon will pop up, dont worry about that press and hold the red bottom next to the power for at least 5 seconds, the icon will disapair and the printer will move and print. You can refill and continue to use as normal.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by mas2914 (10/3/09 11:05 AM) reply + / -
it worked for me except that it also reset my levels for black ink, which i knew was at half way before i reset. will it update itself when the black runs lower?

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Syncro16 (10/27/09 4:59 AM) reply + / -
This worked like a charm on my MX310, mucho thankso

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Syncro16 (10/27/09 5:10 AM) reply + / -
Just to say that the printer was refusing to work saying the cartridge was not recognised.
I had just refiled it with a kit.
After this factory re-setting the levels are being seen and all is working fine...shame I put some magenta in the yellow section of the cartridge though, I was following the printed instructions and should have tested the compartments myself before filling!
Thanks Caréfour France!! Printline refill Kit. Twats.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by siskim (11/8/09 4:53 AM) reply + / -
worked wonderfully...thanks!

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (11/9/09 5:59 AM) reply + / -
Yes, refill bot carts every time you reset the levels, cause this procedure resets both levels.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (11/24/09 2:19 AM) reply + / -
I have had my cartridges black and white refilled professionally. Hope I do not have any probs. To reset your ink level indicator click on this link.
http://ij-forum.blogspot.com

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by bertholdra (11/26/09 1:53 PM) reply + / -
Thanks very much for the instructions. It worked perfectly.
One slight problem, I use the printer to receive incoming faxes and when the ink level "gets low" it says so and stores the fax in memory. Apparently, the only way to save the in/memory fax is install a "genuine" canon cartridge. The in/memory fax disappeared when I did the procedure described. I have an mx 300.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (11/26/09 4:08 PM) reply + / -
Hi bertholdra, yes you are correct.
This procedure erases the memory also.
Check out the fx receiving settings, there is an option to print/receive the faxes instead of sending them to the memory.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rogert (11/26/09 5:53 PM) reply + / -
I have had a Canon MX300 for about 2 years now & still using the same carts that came with the printer. The 1st time that I received a low ink indication, I pulled & filled both carts. Held down the STOP/RESET button for about 10 seconds (took several tries) until the display said "ink volume unknown" I have refilled those same carts atlest 5 or 6 times since then...works great! Same with incoming faxes, just prints them no problem.
Roger

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (11/27/09 8:25 AM) reply + / -
Rogert, yes you can do that, but if you dont want that "ink volume unknown" message follow the procedure. Thats all.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by bertholdra (12/10/09 5:41 PM) reply + / -
Help...
I have totally messed up the settings on my printer...
The printer is attached to a shared phone line...I need to have faxes come automatically to the printer and voice calls be answered by the answering machine which is attached to the line.

If someone could give me the exact settings which I should use it will be greatly appreciated...I assume that it should be in FAX PRIORITY MODE but what about the RX settings? Should I go back to Factory Settings and if so what should I change from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by bertholdra (12/10/09 5:47 PM) reply + / -
Help...
I have totally messed up the settings on my printer...
The printer is attached to a shared phone line...I need to have faxes come automatically to the printer and voice calls be answered by the answering machine which is attached to the line.

If someone could give me the exact settings which I should use it will be greatly appreciated...I assume that it should be in FAX PRIORITY MODE but what about the RX settings? Should I go back to Factory Settings and if so what should I change from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (1/11/10 1:52 PM) reply + / -
Thanks, This also worked on my MP470..

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Thedragonsprince (1/12/10 8:11 AM) reply + / -
Can You Refill For The Pixma IP2600 Cartridges CL31 and PG30

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by 4ndy (1/23/10 9:42 AM) reply + / -
I tried holding cancel and the solution given above but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I have a Canon MX310, and I recently got a refilled colour cartridge, to find the driver doesn't just say it's empty, it says it doesn't recognise the cartridge, when the model is exactly right (CL-41 FINE). The error I get now is: "CHECK INK U051 BLK COL" then changing to "CHECK INK U051 COL" when it realises the black one is fine, as it was installed new, and is just nearly empty.

This is as far as I got into the steps you suggested:
Holding power and pressing cancel once lights up an orange led next to a lightning symbol, and not much else.

Pressing cancel twice gives "Factory Mode 1", which runs a few rollers, but doesn't say Idle after a good minute or so, and doesn't seem to repond to anything.

Pressing cancel THREE times switches on "Factory Mode 2", which gives the following options:

SCAN AGING
Asks how many times, options 1 5 10 15 20 endless
Tried 1, seems to run the scanner along once and says complete.
?

SELF CH
Pressing OK gives the following:
OK R134-231
G137-237 B139-236

PNL CH
Fills all blocks of the LCD screen to test

FB READ
Options for BK/CL, Normal/Silent, and DPI settings, seems to test scanner again

ADF READ
Same options as above, doesn't seem to do much

FAX CH
I can't even be bothered with this, I don't use the fax

G3 TX
Shows G3 TX and 4.8k or somesuch, modem speaker blares static

G3 V.17 TX
Makes more silly nostalgic 90's dialup modem noises.

G3 V.34 TX
If this is testing the modem, I can't be bothered again

TONAL TX
Lets you test speaker tones at 462Hz, 1100Hz, 1300, 1650, 1850, 2200 Hz, loadsa fun :D

RELAY ONOFF
Lets you switch on/off some kind of internal switches named CML and H, not playing with this.

LINE DETECT
Press right it says CI=0, HOOK=1, press left it says CNG=0 HOOK=1, something to do with phone again, so stuff it

DTMF TX
Says DTMF Tx on screen... ?

SPEAKER CH :D
Again lets you run through various frequencies, this time with a volume control that only goes UP. Clearly great for pissing neighbours off.

CIS RUN
Repeatedly tests the scanner at the short end.

Out of options for Factory Mode 2

Pressing cancel 4 times runs the printer as normal.
5 times moves some rollers and bits but shows nothing on-screen.
6 seems to run as normal again.
Not pressing the cancel button at all does nothing.

I can't get a test page and trying the remaining steps without printing one doesn't seem to work either. Help!

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (1/29/10 3:40 PM) reply + / -
4ndy, I am also having the same problem as you with my MX310.

i was able to get my printer into the Factory Idle mode by initially taking out the the catrridges first. but then i can't click any buttons in the Factory Idle mode. :(

hope we can work this out together.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (3/6/10 5:46 AM) reply + / -
Hello together,

I have a MX 310 and nearly the same problem!
My printer never shows Idle in Factory mode 1
And pushing the arrow Keys has no effect!!
HELP!!!

Sorry for my bad English but I am from Germany :-)

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by painrelief (3/30/10 11:10 PM) reply + / -
I modified the procedure from above for the MP470, USA edition. It works beautifully! Thanks.

4. With the power button still down, press the “Stop/Reset” button twice.
5. Release the "On/Off" button.
6. The printer is now in "factory mode".
- wait until “idle” is displayed.
7. Press the right arrow button (next to the “OK” button) repeatedly until “Shipping Mode 3” is displayed.
8. Press the “OK” Button
9. Wait until “Without Cleaning” is displayed and then presss the "reset button" once
9b. then press **OK** button once.
11. Open the cover.
- the cartridges should position themselves at the far left - the cartridge removal location.
12. Disconnect the power cable.
13. Remove both cartridges.
14. Close the cover.
15. Reconnect the power cable.
16. Press the "On/Off" button once.
16b. Set the language
16c. A message will appear to set ink.
17. open cover and insert cartridges.
18. Wait until the printer is operating in its normal mode. The display shows the normal start menu (ie: Copy).

The ink levels have been reset.

Re: Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (4/8/10 11:51 AM) reply + / -
hola amigo por favor tengo una mx 310 y no puedo borrarla senal de error enciende un led amarillo y en la pantalla dice compruebe tinta de col que devo hacer para que funcione gracias

Re: Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Anonymous (4/8/10 11:54 AM) reply + / -
hola amigo tengo una mx310 le doy a la tecla stop y no arranca sigue dando la señal de error que hago gracias.

PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Saagar (8/28/10 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Hello I have used cannon ip 1200 for about 2 years with only the color cart(Cl 41).But when i refilled it the last time ive been gettin error sayin that the following cart cannot be recognised color....install appropriate ink cartridge ..so on.
Then i bought PG 40 but it shows the same message when i installed it and now none of my carts work
can anyone help

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by domandoliver (10/3/10 9:45 AM) reply + / -
Hi I've a MX300 and have a 'check ink u051 col' displayed on the screen. I've tried all of the previous and get as far as factory mode one but it will go no further

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by tigerwan (10/5/10 10:38 AM) reply + / -
I am sorry there is no remedy for this error other than replacing the colour cartridge with a new one. This error usually means electrical fault in the colour cartridge, and will no longer function correctly.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by shirley-jiajia (12/15/10 2:29 PM) reply + / -
thanks alfr3do!

this is what I did, I didn't take out cartridges though.
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Close the cover.
13. Connect the power cable once again.
14. Turn the printer on.
What i have is a MX300. maybe could ignore #10&12 item ,cause i wanted to take the cartridges out,however they are not in the right position(they still at the right side,could not take them out).so i just open the cover and did nothing.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by sailingflutist (1/7/11 7:46 PM) reply + / -
alfr3do, my pc is waiting in "factory mode" in step 5 because there is no place I see "idle" or to do and interfacing to make selections. The printer has the green power light and the "alarm" light is flashing in a series of repeated 5 beeps and all other lights are off. Printer is inaccessable at this point. Please help. You got me here.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by r00 (edited 1/16/11 1:09 PM) reply + / -
hi..
the error i was getting was that the ink cartridge cannot be recognized and the ink was running low..
so i did reset..i don't know if i did it right..
now the ink cartridge is black but it still says the it cannot be recognized.

whats the problem?
its the canon mp160 with PG-40

http://i.imgur.com/2KlnB.png
http://i.imgur.com/QMC8L.png

now

http://i.imgur.com/w9fOY.png

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by sidekil (1/16/11 8:10 PM) reply + / -
thanks for sharing....

but my catridge not work properly.. any suggestion?

http://your-printer.blogspot.com

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Alfr3do (1/17/11 6:21 AM) reply + / -
Well, cartridges are very sensitive, they will damage if you touch the electronic contacts, if you manage them rude, if they drop, etc...

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Gar (1/25/11 12:12 AM) reply + / -
Hi

I'm having the same problem with the replacement catridges not being recognised.

However my "factory Mode 1" doesn't ever move on to the "idle position".

After waiting a number of minutes I have hit the > and also the ˇ buttons but again it just stays in "factory mode 1" with the orange indicator light flashing.

ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Gar

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by ReneeS (2/7/11 6:35 PM) reply + / -
I have the MX310 and followed the procedure by Alfr3do and it worked perfectly. I am using after-market cartridges. Doing the "stop/reset" didn't work for me.

Can someone tell me how to refill these cartridges? Even the after-market ones are expensive, but I have been leery of refilling as I don't want a mess.

Thanks,

Renee

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rachelb (3/29/11 8:33 PM) reply + / -
I have a MX310. All the steps that Alfr3do posted worked correctly, until the last step. On the last step, after I replace the cartridges, my printer just says "Set Ink Cartridge." It's just stuck like that. I tried replacing them again, turning it off and on, and it just keeps saying that.
Any idea how to bypass this???
Thanks!

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rachelb (3/29/11 10:45 PM) reply + / -
Ok, now after an hour of saying "Set Ink Cartridge" it's saying, "Check Ink U052"

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by sailingflutist (3/31/11 10:43 AM) reply + / -
Renee, You can buy rfill kits at dept stores and business supply stores. In the kit are instructions for just about any type of ink cartridge. They give you a little drill, if needed, caps to plug the hole(s), a large filler "hypodermic needle, ink, and etc. It is simple and hard to make a mess. Try not to tear up the cover tape/paper on the cartridge cause you have to fold it back; but if you do just cut some tape the same size and carefully put in place leaving breather hole/channel open. Make sure to wipe off any excess ink out of breather canal and not to push tape too hard down so that it blocks breather canal. Breather canal and hole at end are there to equalize pressure in cartridge as ink empties out. If it is obstructed a vaccum can be generated in cartridge not alloeing ink to disperse.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by windhoek (4/5/11 2:07 AM) reply + / -
I have the exact same problem as rachelb. Followed Alfredo's steps and everything works except that no test page is being printed, I continued with the rest of the steps and a " set ink cartridge" message appeared.

Any ideas will be appreciated! Thanks.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rachelb (4/5/11 7:08 PM) reply + / -
I had the exact same thing happen, windhoek. No test page. After much web trolling, it didn't seem like a reversible problem. In another forum, they said that some printers have a chip inserted that senses whether it's a Canon brand or not. I hadn't refilled my own, I had bought refilled cartridges online, which I'm guessing must be the same size, but maybe another brand. The other forums said the chip was screwed up...so I sent back the cartridges, and just ordered new ones. : ( But now the printer is working fine, just a setting to get me to buy new cartridges instead of refurbished ones.

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by terry bedford (4/9/11 6:58 AM) reply + / -
good grief. mx310.worked for me. thanks so much. been trying every method so far without success, until now. mine says shipping combo1 not shipping mode1.

nil carborundem illigitimi

or

don't let the barstewards grind you down.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by doserr (4/22/11 5:51 AM) reply + / -
To Reset the Canon Cartridges Works 100%

Power off the printer
Hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power (for 5 secs)
Hold Power and release the stop/reset button
Press the stop/reset button twice
Relase power button
Wait until the power button lights a steady/still green, press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press.
On the 3rd press the inicator should be orange.
Press the power button to set data
To set data remove cartridges then replace.
leave for 20 or 30 secs
Press the power button again to shut down
Then press power button to power up.
The printer will feed one piece of paper through
then set language and counrty.
Then ink should be reset

WORKS ON CANON PIXMA MX310....
THANX GOES TO deanrkb (FIXYA.COM)

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by crazycoop (6/15/11 8:11 PM) reply + / -
this is all good if you have that type of printer, mine is a canon mp210 and it does not have a litte > or an "ok" button. what now?

Re: Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by sanmugam@aol.com (7/13/11 8:34 AM) reply + / -
Thank you very much. Yes this worked and my Canon MP460 ink level indicator is working. Now I have a different problem which being I do not have any blue colour in my print outs.I tried deep cleaning a couple of times and it is still not printing blue colour. In the head alignment and nozel check prints the Blue bar is missing. Any reason why

canon fax-jx201 by devilheart (9/7/11 3:05 AM) reply + / -
i cannt reset this cartridge if some one has the solution plz leave the comment

canon fax-jx201 by devilheart (9/7/11 3:06 AM) reply + / -
i cannt reset this cartridge if some one has the solution plz leave the comment

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by rsperr (9/8/11 7:14 AM) reply + / -
I have a Pixma MP190. My computer has worked fine on refilled cartridges for quite awhile. My color cartridge ran out yesterday. I inserted a newly refilled cartridge and immediately an eror 5 (five) showed up and the cartridges signals began flashing. Error five means cartridges are not recognized. Can someone tell me how to clear this error? Thanks, in advance

U051 Code Proplem by smuir00 (9/19/11 3:17 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a Canon MX310 and have refilled my cartridges many times and used the 5 sec reset to get them going again.

But, now I have the U051 code on the screen and cannot get past it. I have tried various of the reset processes mentioned on the web but without sucess.

When I start in service mode the power light is always solid green, the lightening light always flashes orange and I never get idle on the screen

Help !, any suggestions for the next stage ?

Any help much appreciated

Simon

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Irishvgamer (10/5/11 8:03 AM) reply + / -
Alfr3do! You are the man! Thanks!

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by raybrowntoronto (11/15/11 6:53 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem as some above, can't get past "Factory Mode 1", none of the buttons are working! HELP

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by cartoonman (11/20/11 3:58 PM) reply + / -
None of the above worked on my MX-310. Now stuck on "set ink cartridge" even after removing and replacing the CL-51 refilled cartridges. I get three beeps when pressing any button.

Are there any solutions besides a SLEDGE HAMMER??

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by raybrowntoronto (11/20/11 6:32 PM) reply + / -
Awaiting someone to outsmart CANON.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by ak629 (12/1/11 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys i have followed all he steps , but after step
9. Wait until “Without Cleaning” is displayed and then presss the “Stop/Reset” button once.
No test page prints
i completed the rest of the steps , when i restart , printer say
"set ink cartridge"
please help
Canon MX300

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by az_k90 (2/6/12 11:24 AM) reply + / -
please help me, I have a problem with my canon MP140, it unable to recognise the CL41 colour catridge. What can I do?

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by Aggiepride (2/7/12 9:17 AM) reply + / -
PLEASE HELP....I purchaed the cheaper ink cartridges called "E-Z Ink" which are refurbished. I have followed written steps...

I have sucoessfully gotten thru step 4 however @ step 5 no Idle appears and I cant get any further.. If I hit the stop/reset button twice, I get Factory mode 1 with no option to change it. "Idle" does not appear in the panel. the Alarm indicator is blinking yellow after I rls the "Stop/Reset" button. If I hit the stop/reset 3 times, I get Factory mopde 2 with no option to change it. Please share step by step how this can be done.. am i not holding the stop/reset long enough. Do I rls the stop/reset button b4 I release the power button.?. I am out of options. I have been trying these steps since Saturday Feb 4th.. all day.. apparently there is something that others are doing that I am not and perhaps it is something obvious.. THANKS...

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by kenjidragon irawan (4/20/12 9:16 AM) reply + / -
My printer is pixma 198 and my problem is about the colour catridge. And it almost made me dizzy. It always shows the orange lamp. I have tired changing tthe catrige then i use infus to save money for the first time it's ok but finally the same thing happened again. So what should i do? Please give me suggestion.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by pkmedh (6/8/12 11:27 PM) reply + / -
hI bRO!
my printer is canon pixma mp190 having cartgs with PG-37, CL-38. i had a same problem my printer cannot recognise the refilles cartgs. can anyone help me ?

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by liman (7/29/12 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Alfr3do:
I have a Canon MP160 printer, but it does not have the ">" button or the "OK" button as mentioned. Also, the indicator window does not show the words "Idle", "Without cleaning" etc, so I do not know how to proceed after the Step 5. My printer has a STOP/RESET red button instead of the "Cancel/Stop" red button. Are they same? Any help would be appreciated.

MX310 by Avsha (10/28/12 12:45 PM) reply + / -
The solution posted by Anonymous (5/21/09 11:13 AM) worked for my MX310, except I selected "shipping Combo 1" since there was no "Shipping Mode 1" option available. Thanks Anonymous!

Re: PG 40 canon cartridge by Jenn605 (4/14/13 8:02 AM) reply + / -
I mistakenly bought two PG 40 Black for my MG4120 Canon Printer. Dummy me, it takes PG 240!

If any person is interested in buying them, please e-mail me.

Paid over $50 plus tax.

jenn605@live.com

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by montsett (4/14/13 9:24 AM) reply + / -
here in England i bought a canon pg40 for Ł7.99. the canon brand is twice the price.

http://www.7dayshop.com

my wife buys channel and gets pure perfume from the eldest as presents.

i think it works out cheaper than the rip off price of mere ink. lol.

at Ł4,000 per gallon they must think we're daft. no wonder they sell the printers so cheap.

Re: PG 40 and CL 41 canon cartridge reseting by raybrowntoronto (edited 1/12/14 6:38 PM) reply + / -
Hello folks: Mine is Canon MX310. I used Alfr3do's method before and now. Earlier it did not work, now it is working perfectly.

I think it did not work earlier because I waited for the ink to finish completely, this time I tried it soon after I got a "low ink" notification.

I am really happy, thank you Alfr3do!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters