fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by colleen craig (10/30/06 11:57 AM) reply+2 + / -
I've had my Canon printer for about 3 months now. All of the sudden, I noticed the intensity of color was greatly diminished. Thought I had a bum color cartridge, so I replaced with a new one, but the problem continued. I have been randomly getting a service error 5100, which instructs me to turn the printer off, then back on again, but don't know if this has anything to do with my color problems. Any idea how to fix? Tried gently cleaning inside the machine and noticed alot of extra ink to the right side where the cartridges sit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by lischynski (5/15/07 11:19 AM) reply + / -
As a technician, I have worked on tons of printers. This particular error had stumped me for a while, but I finally found the cause. As others had pointed out before, it can have alot to do with some obstruction in the print path, the gears, or ink on the clear plastic encoder strip. You're on the right track - I found the the purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) was not lubricated well enough from factory. If you lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps) the mechanism can now slide more freely, and the unit can park the head properly without giving you the dreaded head homing error 5100 (or E-2-2 on the LCD display) Keep in mind that this repair will probably require you to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism. There are two screws behind the printer, and two in front for each corrosponding side panel (the front screws are behind the grey front panel of the printer - open the top cover to see the clips which hold the front cover on) Hope this helps some of you out.
Wayne Lischynski - Ebytes Computers
wayne@ebytesonline.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5010 by spanked (9/3/07 12:52 AM) reply + / -
give the best way to fix my printer for this error.. please reply me A.S.A.P

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (9/4/07 6:14 PM) reply+1 + / -
that guys solution fixed mine man

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (10/7/07 7:40 AM) reply + / -
Lubricating this slider really seems to be the solution.
It's just weird that this problem appeared so suddenly. Well, hopefully there are no others coming up now.
Thanx!

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (1/28/08 6:26 PM) reply + / -
It maybe the slit strip it fixed mine

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by rrrohan (1/29/08 7:35 PM) reply + / -
yeah i cant confirm lubing purge unit but i have fixed it cleaning timing strip. especialy when 3rd party or refills are used they seem to mist ink onto everything.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (2/13/08 9:42 PM) reply + / -
Okay i feel like a complete idiot. I am 16 yrs old and very very smart. I am amazing at computers and will soon be going to csu. Well my printer did not work right when i needed to print up a 6 page speech that was due the next day.. I kept getting error code 5100. Well after assessing the situation and trouble shooting it. I saw that something metal was obstructing the rollers. I grabbed my pliers and pulled it out. I took a huge risk in breaking everything in the printer but it paid off. Turns out one of my wise ass friends dropped a framing nail into the paper feeder and it jammed that bitch right up.. Well if you are getting this error.. check out your rollers because something may be obstructing them.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (2/19/08 7:09 AM) reply + / -
I had the same error at Pixma iP5200, after cleaning the web from waste ink tank and resetting. It printed 50 sheets and after that I received that error code. After I saw your post here, I finnaly realized that was not a probleam of greasing but the little spring that rise the lever that block print head was in a bad position. I remediated that and work now fine. Thanks a lot for that idea. Note that I've cleaned the web from waste ink tank after more than 200.000(!) sheets printed on "fast" especially, and more than 3 litters of INKTEC black ink used only with the initial 5 ink tanks from Canon. Very good printer. I thnik I'll get another one (maybe 4300, cheaper case but with the same mechanisms inside). Thank you again.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (2/29/08 10:02 PM) reply + / -
I had the same error code and corrected the problem by turning the printer off and on and then checking that the paper was loaded properly. Turns out the paper had been jammed into the wrong place by a family member. Much simpler than pulling the printer apart. Keep it simple!

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Smkz (3/3/08 1:43 PM) reply + / -
Thank you Wayne, seems like your introductions solved the problem for me, at least temporarily. :)

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by stansan (4/16/08 11:07 AM) reply + / -
Thank you,

Its running again :-)

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by shrynke (5/1/08 9:43 PM) reply + / -
I also got this 5100 message, after changing the ink. Both the yellow and the 5 pgbk needed to be replaced. I replaced them at the same time. Then, it made a screeching noise and froze. Now,the cartridges won't move so that i could remove one or both. Does anyone have a cure for this??????????????PLEASE!
THANKS.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (7/10/08 5:50 AM) reply + / -
My printer just did the same thing, did you ever find a solution?

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by baRs (7/11/08 7:23 AM) reply + / -
Something is blocking the Carriage unit (this is where you put your cartridges, the one moving from left to right and vice versa) or your purge unit is defective.

Try observing the inside of your printer when you turned it on and listen where the sound came from. If you can hear screeching sound (plastic gears) on the right side of the printer, your purge unit is defective. Let the professional deal with this problem.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (8/11/08 12:17 PM) reply + / -
ok you are full of your self (im very smart and im amazing at computers) shut up. and i bet your daddy is 30 foot tall.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (9/11/08 12:59 PM) reply + / -
Top advice - thanks

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by vilas (9/19/08 3:39 AM) reply + / -
hi
i having a problem with my printer when i give print command then
error code 5100 is showing & print is not arrive.
so pls give me a solution on this problem.
thanks
vilas

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (11/26/08 2:24 PM) reply + / -
Mas facil aun leyendo solucion de problema de la Canon MP150, encontre una solucion mas rapida en la parte inquierda de la impresora hay dos agujeros blancos pinche con un alfiler y asunto solucionado

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (12/30/08 8:34 AM) reply + / -
I got the same code. then I took out the black ink cartridge to clean it with pure alcohol and then I can say that this solved my problem.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (2/11/09 9:13 PM) reply + / -
I got the same error on my 6600D. Turned out that one of the ink cartridges had popped up causing a jam when they moved over to the left. I just reached in and popped it back down. Problem Solved. Hope this helps some people.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by avicena (3/13/09 12:23 AM) reply + / -
Hiiii guys...
I'm so confused
I have the same problem with u
I got the same code
uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh
some body help me please

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (3/18/09 2:38 PM) reply + / -
Thanks this was helpful i used my finger and smeared the grease where the ink jets travel and my error 5100 went away!!!

Re: Canon Pixma MMX700 Error Code 5100 by nickv88 (5/31/09 3:33 PM) reply + / -
I get the same code but mine slams the ink carrier from right to left everytime I turn it on. Then the error code 5100 comes on. I've tried on and off. Also tried unplugging for a few minutes. Nothing works. Help, anybody!

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Corsairman (7/24/09 4:19 PM) reply + / -
HI GUYS!!!
SOLVED THE ERROR 5100 PROBLEM!!
YOU CAN MAKE THE PRINTER FIX ITSELF!!!
1. LEFT Click on control Panel in the Start Menu.
2. In the Control Panel LEFT click on PRINTER AND FAXES.
3. LEFT CLICK ON THE PRINTER SYMBOL.You will find PRINTER.
4. Left Click on PRINTER .ON that menu,click Properties.
5. In the Properties folder left click MAINTENANCE.You will find 10 boxes that you can left click on to help you with your cleaning,nozzle check and Roller cleaning.
The printer does all these things for itself on your command and no more chewing up of paper or message errors!!

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (3/24/10 7:10 AM) reply + / -
Many thanks, I've read all the fixes and followed your advice, I used a silicone spay lube and the printer is silent, working and generally being happy, a happy printer & a happy user, why can't Cannon supply the info when they obviously know there's a problem, giants toppled by the little man again. Cheers Wayne

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (4/6/10 4:47 AM) reply + / -
My printer doesnt turn on. Everytime i plugged it the alarm lights on but the power button doesnt turn on. How ca i fix it?

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by EmPBee (edited 4/26/10 4:29 PM) reply + / -
I had been receiving the same error code 5100 with my Pixma MP620, and had been unable to resolve the problem. I had complicated the issue by changing from replaceable ink cartridges to a continuous ink system. I tried the fix of lubing the vertical metal rail that the cartridge carriage rides on. That worked only temporarily.

I now have a permanent fix.

By running my index finger along the top of the carriage rail, I found two minor, but easily detectable, knicks in the rail on the left side of the track. The knicks were about four inches from the left side of the printer and were about one half inch apart. The presence of the knicks caused the return of the carriage to fail and produced the error code.

The fix was simple. I used a piece of 220 grit emery paper to polish the knicks down. The printer has worked flawlessly since. Lubing the track may also have helped, but the real culprit was the knicks.

BYW. If you can get a continuous ink system working, you will literally save hundreds of dollars in ink alone.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Anonymous (6/3/10 8:13 PM) reply + / -
yay it works, mine had some paper stuck in it. same error message.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Linthone SUVANTHONE (10/27/10 8:27 PM) reply + / -
I use a canon pixma type 140, but I couldn't print becuause an error code appear
on the priter screen dipay, I washed the asober, it appear same problem

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by bbl8791 (edited 3/13/11 10:21 PM) reply + / -
mp830 service manual http://www.nodevice.com/manual/newmans/mp830smpdf/get13936.html requires registering at 8 pounds for 24 hr access
USER MANUAL FROM CANON WEBSITE
http://consumer.usa.canon.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by bbl8791 (edited 3/13/11 10:19 PM) reply + / -
fixed error code 5100, Wayne from second post said just take the right side panel off, that maybe so for the mp150, but not for the mp830 eventually I worked out how to get it off with out ruining it, only to find out that i was then faced with a chip board that look impossible to remove without removing the top half of the printer. took it spring ford repairs on Gilbert st Adelaide, repairer noticed straight away that the belt had come of one of the two the spring loaded pulleys, which i thought was the case, it was just a matter of being able to get to it. i probably could have done it with a long flat head screw driver without removing any panels. the technician told me that he would remove the top half to gain access. then he said that he would not be removing the screws that attach to the actuator arms that hold it up when open. but he did not want to elaborate any further. probably because its not good business to tell people how to do his job, he explained that he would follow the instructions in the service repair manual which would have been nice if they included it with the printer, i searched for it online but could only find the the mp760 service manual and the mp830 instruction booklet, links are below, he told me he would fix it for $66 inc gst so i decided to go with that since these things are easily broken if you pull it apart wrong. When i rang canon and asked what the code meant, they told me it could be one of four problems, most of which involved the carriage, don't think they mentioned paper jam, but a lot of people here are saying that what happened to them. so if your carriage will not move when start, unless pushed by hand, and your drive belt looks loose (the belt with the corrugated notches on it, probably means its come of the pulley.found service manual at pdoo . com will attempt to post links otherwise just search for mp760 service manual at pdoo . com
REPAIR MANUAL MP760
http://www.pdfoo.com/printer/217-8631-pdf.html&si=217π=8631

Re: Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by terra (3/29/11 9:51 AM) reply + / -
this post helped me fix the problem!!!! Turns out I had a HAIR TIE under the ink cartridge! hahaha! just pulled it out, started it back up and it's working like new!!! Thank You So Much!!!!!

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by printerman60 (5/4/11 5:31 PM) reply + / -
we have a mx850 with paper pulled in on an angle. we have it apart, and cannot find obstructions, pins or nails. ideas?
it pulls in aggressively, so it could work,
we carefully manually wiggled a cardboard sheet along the printer path but nothing.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by neo62lee (6/29/11 3:51 AM) reply + / -
Hi Mate,

Thank you very much fix mine this morning, I was thinking oh no... but thank's

Nelly

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by printerman60 (6/29/11 12:46 PM) reply + / -
we found it was the paper sensor, which entails, tearing the whole printer down. Canon does not make it easy.
thats why I make the big bucks in repairs.

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by john player (11/26/12 7:55 AM) reply + / -
An updated article on this topic:
http://printerspecial.blogspot.com

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by Danii (1/5/13 7:29 AM) reply + / -
I got this message up, and found that there was a small hair clip that had fallen down the back of the printer, i mannaged to get it out, but now when i print the writing is comming out all fuxzzy and looks like the printer heads are missaligned. I did the printer head allignment test and that's fine, so whats wrong? any ideas?

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by printerman60 (1/5/13 12:50 PM) reply + / -
dampen paper towel with warm water.

Cannon MP490 Error Code 5100 by Cannon MP490 (1/8/13 9:46 AM) reply + / -
I am not swhich strip to clean or what uto do, I keep getting this error

Re: Canon Pixma MP150 Error Code 5100 by canonmp150 (1/21/13 2:09 PM) reply + / -
I have read everything above.. I tried almost everything..

in the computer - everytime i try to print or maintenance check , it gives me the "service error 5100" .

in the printer - in the led display it gives me " E 2 2 " .

So.. I tried turning it off and on again, cleaning the inside of the printer's rollers of dusts and fallen slips of papers and other things (nothing much has been there), & tried adding some oil / grease on the rollers. It can feed off paper when i turn it on.. the cartridge carrier could go left-right smoothly..
my ink is running low tho- not yet empty and it is original canon ink ..

but the errors are still there.. :(

.. is there anything else i should do? or i should take it now to the repair shop?

thanks~

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters