fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson rx500

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson rx500 by tmm (10/16/06 5:33 PM) reply + / -
i have an epson rx500 and it says the parts inside are at the end of there life. i heard that it might be a counter thing and a program is out there to fix it. does anyone know or have it for rx500, please let me know thanks for your time

Re: epson rx500 by jansworld1 (11/6/06 1:43 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with mine. the ink catrige carrier does not move when i turn the printer on either, is it a worst problem than just the counter.

Re: epson rx500 by tmullins (11/10/06 9:38 PM) reply + / -
This is a rather easy fix.
Here's how to reset the waste ink counter.
Hold down the "clear + setup + on" buttons until the printer powers on, then off again, then back on again. Let go of the buttons when the LCD screen flashes a blank screen or contains a message that remains constant (mine read COPY ENDURANCE). Push the right SELECT button until "Rst. Ink OFC" shows on the LCD screen. Press the COLOR button and follow the directions on the LCD screen--Your counter is reset.
Now, don't forget to clean (or replace) the waste ink sponges...They are saturated with ink!

Re: Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (11/13/06 6:49 PM) reply+1 + / -
How do you replace or clean the waste ink sponges in an RX500 printer? Does anyone have directions on how to get to the sponges and clean them?

Re: epson rx500 by Werrit (3/6/07 10:41 AM) reply + / -
Having reset my counter, I suppose I also need to replace or clean the waste ink sponges on my RX500 (cheaper than buying a new printer?) Can anyone tell me what to do, please?

Re: Re: Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (8/18/07 4:19 PM) reply + / -
I just take a paper towel and let it soak up the ink, several times. I don't know how or where to get a replacement. And Epson is NO help...

Re: Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (10/18/07 7:14 AM) reply + / -
tmullins, you will not believe what I'm about to tell you. Just yesterday, my Epson RX500 displayed that some internal parts were at the end of their service life. I went to three computer stores and all the "techs" said that it is time for a new printer; they are good for four to five years and it would cost more to repair it than the price of a discounted new printer. I was ready to leave the house this morning to go check out some all-in-one printers that I've researched, but I decided to first type "Epson RX500 repairs" in the search bar and I ran across your post. I did exactly as you specified and, by George, my problem is solved,----thank you, thank you. How in the world did you discover this fix; it's amazing.
Thank you, so much
Sincerely,
MGBILL

Re: epson rx500 by shintaro (10/18/07 10:11 AM) reply + / -
just a question about these so called 'sponges'

are they sponges or are they pieces of 'felt' as they are in other epson printers.

cos if they are 'felt' you can source felt from various haberdashery suppliers and cut to shape and size

Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (10/18/07 4:42 PM) reply + / -
They look like sponges to me....

Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (9/22/08 9:19 PM) reply + / -
Fantastic Fix!!!!!!! Took 10 seconds and ---- Printer Fixed!!!!

Thanks!

Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (10/10/08 4:26 AM) reply + / -
brilliant.
you've just saved me about 300 quid and a couple of days trolling round trying to source a new printer. thankyou!!!

Re: Re: epson rx500 by paulbarb (3/6/10 7:58 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your post. I am trying this with my RX500. After COPY ENDURANCE showed and I pushed the right SELECT button "Rst. Ink OFC" didn't come up but "spd up/slow down" on the LCD screen and it is making noises but not really doing anything. Did I not hold down the right select button long enough???

Do you still have your printer?? If not what do you have now??

Re: epson rx500 by websnail (3/13/10 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Just a quick note as nobody else has pointed this out already.

You can easily install an external waste ink tank on the RX500 by redirecting and extending the waste tube which can be found just behind the little access hatch in the back of the printer.

If you do a little googling for "waste ink rx500" you should find there's guide, kits and/or instructions for fitting them.

I do have my own kits that I sell but if you find them, great but I'll let you have some fun with detective work :)

Re: epson rx500 by Anonymous (4/29/10 3:10 PM) reply + / -
LCD Screen not working Hi I have a Epson RX500 printer will not come on when I press the on button only copy and scan light come on for a sec and go off.

Re: epson rx500 by alan matthews (4/30/10 6:15 AM) reply + / -
I was scanning recently (40 photos)and switched the machine off. When I went back to it and tried to switch it on, it is completely dead and the scanner bar is half way across the glass?
Any ideas would be great

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters