fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

canon i320 - print head not installed

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

canon i320 - print head not installed by nugang (8/10/06 6:29 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hye all...

i have a problem with my printer. when i want to print something, it will show this:

"Print head not installed!
Install the print head in the printer and click OK."

what does it means by this message? i've already uninstall the driver and reinstall it. i've also cleaned the inside of the printer. i've taken out the print head and put it back properly. but none of this seems to be working.

could anyone suggest to me what i should do so that my printer will work again. thanx a lot in advance =)

-nugang-

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (2/4/07 6:30 PM) reply + / -
nn

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (4/10/07 7:55 PM) reply + / -
hey there

i have the same problem
did you manage to fix your printer?

ahfaye

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (4/17/07 2:08 PM) reply + / -
Ditto.

Reinstalled drivers cleaned everything, reinstalled existing print head. Still nothing. Any Luck?

you can buy new print heads at ebay express

http://cgi.ebay.com

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by JDL (6/27/07 9:59 PM) reply + / -
I have the same message, and have done the same things as the folks above. Anybody resolve this issue?

Canon iP1000 Print head not installed by Canonnot reliable (7/23/07 5:16 AM) reply + / -
need help..When I print a document an error occured and it said that the "Print head not installed" althought the print head is installed and I've been using my printer for around 1 and a half year..can anyone help me..please..ty

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by DMW (8/29/07 7:01 PM) reply + / -
I am having this problem as well. I soaked the print head in rubbing alcohol but alas no improvement. Did anyone find a solution or buy a new print head and it worked after that????

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by sparkpuppy (10/23/07 2:27 AM) reply + / -
I have canon i320 printer it started blinking orange 7 times then repeated blinking 7 times again I got my owners manual out and looked under error codes and it suggested that the printer head was bad or needed cleaning. I cleaned the print head and reinstalled it still gave the same error code so I called customer service ordered a new print head cost me $45.00 including shipping with a no return policy. I installed new printer head and I still have same error code. I can't bring myself to get rid of it because I had it for three or four years and had no problems with it. I'm in hopes of someone reading this message that might possibly solve this problem
for me. Good luck in finding a solution to your problem.

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by CA Grown (10/29/07 10:34 PM) reply + / -
I think my i320 is in need of a print head cleaning, but how does one take out the print head?

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by CA Grown (10/29/07 10:38 PM) reply + / -
Whenever I print a document, the text is faded. I think I am in need of a print head cleaning. But, how does one take out their print head?

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Philip Chan (11/9/07 2:39 PM) reply + / -
I have the exact same problem... But there was one day which it worked normally... Then the next day, the same error occured... What is happening??? I have a strong feeling it is a software problem...

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by willnotgiveup (11/17/07 2:47 AM) reply + / -
To take out the print head: with the printer on, open the front door and wait until print head and ink cartridges are in position. Lift grey or orange bar and entire assembly lifts out.

(I can't answer the harder question of why the error message appears, so I'm answering the easy one.)

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (1/8/08 7:53 AM) reply + / -
i,ve use cano ip1000 3 years.but now i have problem with my printer..i love my printer, coz my thesis,papper,job.count on this printer.I'm in hopes of someone reading this message that might possibly solve this problem
for me..

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Suci P. (1/8/08 9:04 PM) reply + / -
I Think you must install a new print head cartridge ...

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (4/17/08 6:40 AM) reply + / -
kanlinbu

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by meteo2 (4/26/08 4:21 PM) reply + / -
As far as I found, the ink in these printers is soluable in hot water, not alcohol.

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (7/1/08 7:30 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. I took the printer head out and wiped it clean and reinstalled it. The printer worked for a couple of days and the same problem appeared again.

John Hu

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (7/1/08 7:34 PM) reply + / -
Can you be more specific on where we can buy new

Canon i320 printer head? What is ebay express?

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (10/4/08 5:11 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem today. I found that soaking myself in rubbing alcohol was better than soaking the print head.

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (12/6/08 12:09 PM) reply + / -
i had the same problem...here's how i got it to work:

1. take out the print head from printer
2. print something (but it'll say that to install a printer)
3. reinstall the print head
4. do an alignment test for the printer
5. print :)

hopefully it'll work for you. i'm not sure why it worked, but a few details:
-i had turned off my printer for a long time while it wasn't working before i tried this method (which may have given it time to 'think')
-i'm using a mac, so i'm not sure about pc's

good luck with your printer...so far, it's been good to me :)

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (1/2/09 1:49 AM) reply + / -
"coz my thesis,papper,job.count on this printer"

You've got bigger problems than your printer that will take much longer to fix.

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (1/6/09 6:15 PM) reply + / -
I got the same problem. It sucks. Nothing works.

canon ip1000 by duyz flash (3/27/09 7:19 PM) reply + / -
instal print head ip1000?????????????

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (4/21/09 1:48 AM) reply + / -
An error has occurred in the printer. The number of flashes indicates the type of error, as outlined below. Check the cause and take the appropriate action.

When a printer error occurs, the POWER/ERROR lamp flashes. The number of flashes indicates the type of error that has occurred. Count the flashes and take the appropriate action to correct the error.

Two flashes: Out of paper or paper feed error

Reload the paper correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.

See Paper Does Not Feed Properly

Three flashes: Paper jam

If paper has jammed in the printer, clear the jam, reload the paper in the printer correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.

See Paper Jams

Four flashes: Ink tanks installed incorrectly

Reinstall the ink tanks. Ensure that the tanks are firmly seated in the print head.

Five flashes: No print head installed/Defective print head

Install a print head correctly. If the problem still remains, contact a Canon service representative.

Eight flashes: Waste ink tank almost full

The printer has a built-in waste ink tank for the ink used during print head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink tank is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink tank becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.

Note

Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink tank becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible.

Power lamp flashes alternate green and orange:

An error that requires contacting the Customer Care Center may have occurred.

Disconnect the printer cable from the printer, and then turn the printer off and unplug the printer from the power supply. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on after leaving it about 10 minutes.

If the problem remains, contact the Customer Care Center.

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by jag123 (7/1/09 10:42 AM) reply + / -
Throw the Canon printer out and buy another brand!

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (7/1/09 10:23 PM) reply + / -
I did throw it out and bought a Samsung smallest colour laser printer. It's great.

Re: Canon iP1000 Print head not installed by sanip (4/13/10 5:36 AM) reply + / -
mas tolong dong printer saya canon pixma ip 1000 dia minta instal head itu gmn caranya mas thanks sanip

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Anonymous (4/23/10 2:12 AM) reply + / -
Ive had the same prob with that message install print head. I dont understand, and Im sure everything is right. What should I do??

Re: Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by patrick111 (4/23/10 1:42 PM) reply + / -
I've been solving a similar problem for some four years.

Shut off the printer; unplug it (power and usb).
While holding down the power button, plug the power back on. Press the reset button twice, pausing after each press. Then, leave the power button go.

A "copy" of the printer may appear in ; if so, then you may have to make the copy the "active/online/default printer." (Or delete the first one, and rename the copy as the first had been named.)

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by pende6 (6/22/10 5:54 PM) reply + / -
FIXED IT USING INFO FROM CANNON U.K. DO THE FOLLOWING AFTER CLEANING THE PRINT HEAD :

Check that the printer is powered on, and open the front cover. The print head will move to the the left from the right.

After confirming the print head moves to the left, Hold and slowly move the print head lock lever up and down several times.

Note: Holding the print head may cause it to not be seated properly. Perform this step using only the print head lock lever.

Re: canon i320 - print head not installed by Dan-G-erous (11/22/11 4:54 PM) reply + / -
I'm printing up a storm! Took the ink cartridges out, removed the "print head", cleaned it up with water, q-tips and a few paper towels, slapped it back it and boom. Good as new.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters