fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp deskjet 5550 jammed

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp deskjet 5550 jammed by newbie (4/14/06 6:47 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have an hp deskjet 5550 and here's the problem: the power light (green) and feed paper light (orange) are blinking and the mechanism that holds the ink (the one that goes back and forth) is jammed. It won't move back and forth, it' just stuck in the middle of it's railing. I try to print and nothing happends. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by sparksfly (6/5/06 12:49 AM) reply + / -
I have this same problem with my hp deskjet 5550. Have you had any luck with repair since you posted?

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by jackywitt (6/30/06 3:26 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with my printer. The green and orange lights keep flashing together and the printer wont work.

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by wickedtoenails (7/15/06 6:32 PM) reply + / -
I just had that problem and it was driving me nuts, but this is what I did to fix it:

Lift the plastic shield thing so you can get at the ink cartridges.
Manually slide the cartridges all the way to your right.
Press the Resume button (or power to reboot ought to also work).

That worked for me.

Good luck.
Dave

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by billep (1/24/07 5:41 PM) reply + / -
Hi I have a HP DeskJet 5550 when I start to print the first page starts to feed up and stops and I get a paper jam window then I press the yellow flashing button it ejects the page that was jammed the next page comes up and it prints fine every time I go to print something it does the same thing anybody have this problem
what started this problem was I had my print cartridges jam I free them up and then the problem started any ideas out there let me know

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by Stephen (edited 2/18/08 5:28 AM) reply + / -
It's a spot sensor problem.

Does the little blue light come on for a few seconds after the first page feeds? (light is on the right side of the carriage)

Problems and fixes for DeskJet 5550s can be found at:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/36013#1

Re: Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by Anonymous (2/17/08 1:41 PM) reply + / -
Pushing the print cartridges to the right worked but, only after I nudged it to the left first to free it.

Re: hp deskjet 5550 papaer jam by eleonore (1/2/09 3:16 PM) reply + / -
tried to copy on photo paper..printer jammed
can't emove photo paper

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by Bert (1/2/09 5:33 PM) reply+1 + / -
Have you tried removing the jam through removable rear cleanout door?

Re: hp deskjet 3940 jammed by Anonymous (1/2/09 6:31 PM) reply + / -
i have hp deskjet 3940 .while giving a print it shows paper jam in the system.but no papers .then what may be the problem.

Re: Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by lbpage8 (1/26/09 6:34 PM) reply + / -
This worked!!! Except I slid it to the right all the way until it seemed like it "fell off track." Them I hit the orange flashing button and its working again.

THANK YOU!!!

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by afarrisee (10/13/10 6:55 AM) reply + / -
I have a similar but different problem. I changed the ink cartridge and now I have two problems: the "low ink" light is on (my ink is obviously not low)and the plastic shield will not stay down.

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by Michael111 (1/31/11 4:25 PM) reply + / -
anonymous: looks like you need to clean the paper sensor.

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by Masno16 (3/1/11 12:25 AM) reply + / -
it might just be your cartridge door. the cartridge door needs to be closed....

Re: hp deskjet 5550 jammed by vtlundy (3/20/12 8:02 AM) reply + / -
Sliding the printer cartridge carriage also worked for me. I also had to slide it left, then right all the way to the end. Then I had to slide it back again to the left until it wouldn't slide anymore. I couldn't do this without opening up the rear door for some reason. I don't know if that actually makes a difference or if it was just a coincidence. I then put the rear door back on, and plugged it in. At this point the cartridge indicator was flashing. I opened the top door which centered the cartridge carriage so I could pull out and reinsert the cartridges. At this point all the lights stopped flashing and I was able to run all of the test pages.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters