fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon PIXMA MP150

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon PIXMA MP150 by garylong (2/28/06 2:03 AM) reply + / -
I VERY much Need help I have got a new Printer the and as i live in china its hard to get the help you need as i dont speak chinese and i am from Australia,
any way i am working in a school and i need my printer the ink tank got low and so i toped it up and put it back in and the printer tells me that there is now no ink so i put in a new ink tank in and it told me there was good for ink so it put the old tank back in and it still tells me there is no ink so i think there must be a reset for the ink tank for the Canon PIXMA MP150 so as i need to use my printer i put in the new ink tank back in my printer and now the new tank is saying it is no ink so i have 2 full tanks and the printer tells me both have no ink so all i can say my printer is up the SHIT now what can I do apart from taking it back and hope the hell i get some one to help me that can speak english and chinese well

Very much need somes help very soon

garylong@hotmail.com

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Printx (2/28/06 4:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi Gary.
Your dead right, the cartridges sense that they have been used/empty. I believe if you put them back in and it says no ink press ok and you can continue. I don't know how to reset the error but I have reason to believe that you need to reset the EEPROM, which is a pain.

Cheers
Ozzy at home

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Techone (2/28/06 5:46 AM) reply + / -
Canon now includes a 'smart'chip in the cartridge to deter refilling.
Buy NEW PG40 and CL41.

Canon PIXMA MP150 by wuichong (3/5/06 10:14 PM) reply + / -
Canon PIXMA MP150 Really Sensitive and I take a ink used by MP130 and place it to MP150, this machine told me that the ink being used before an the Colour LED Blinking all the time.

At last I just change the Colour Ink (the Old ink is OK no problems but still amny Ink inside)

Need to wait someone to help us here.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by mrchino_mapache (9/19/06 4:36 PM) reply + / -
por necesito ayuda con los niveles de los cartuchos de la canon mp150 ayudenme por fabor

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (2/20/07 12:28 AM) reply + / -
anyone can help me to find the code how to reset the waste ink absorber of my canon pixma mp150? and also the software that i can use to. pls pls pls... thankz and advance!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by bports (1/22/08 5:54 PM) reply+1 + / -
This is actually a very easy fix. Two absorber pads are located on the right side of the printer, under the ink cartridges. With the printer on, lift the top to expose the cartridges. They will automatically move out of the way. You can move them to the left side by hand if the printer is not on. You will probably need a flashlight to see the pads. They each sit in a rubber retainer. The pads can be removed very easily and cleaned. Take the pads out of the retainers with tweezers. They clean up nicely with warm water but you can use something like Simple Green if they are stubborn. It is best to use a spray bottle (on stream) and blast it through the pad until it is white. Sometimes just putting it under a running faucet will do the trick. If there is ink in the rubber retainer after taking the pad out, it can be cleaned up with a paper towel. Put the pads back into the retainers and you have successfully cleaned the ink absorbers. Now you may have to reset the error message so you can get back to printing. This is how to do it.

How to clear E27 Code

* With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
* When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
* When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
* When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.

The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print (auto teste)
2 times Green EEPROM print (dados da EEPROM)
3 times Orange EEPROM reset (EEPROM reset)
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset (Absorvente reset)

* Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Jonathan Ryan (3/4/08 12:34 PM) reply + / -
Just press the color/black start button before you print. Normally black button for black cartridge and colour for colour cartridge. Also may have a error message pop up, just click OKAY

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Communicator (3/17/08 7:59 AM) reply + / -
This is a screwjob. I talked to a technician. There is NO reset code. That f.....g felt pad has a metallic strip. When the E27 code flashes, it means that the metallic strip has been destroyed and the felt pad MUST be replaced (washing won't do s..t) and it is NOT sold on the general market and only the registered Canon repair centers have access to new ones. It costs $30-40 USD to go in, take out the old one, clean the bin and replace it with a new one. The printer cost about $130. YOU DECIDE but don't waste your time washing out the pad and playing with a nonexistent reset code.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Pall bains (6/25/08 7:54 AM) reply + / -
iM HAVING "THE WASTE INK ABSORBER IS FULL: ERROR...How do i go about?????

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by nhoc_canon (6/27/08 9:52 AM) reply + / -
Same same clear error code E27
Join Service mode
Then press Stop/Reset 4 times with power light show 4 times orange led.

-------
Good luck !

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Fina (8/16/08 12:48 PM) reply + / -
How do I change the ink in this printer?
I tried reading manual already...nothing. Help!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (10/29/08 4:57 PM) reply + / -
WHAT DID YOU SAY PLEASE SPEEK IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by scmedan (10/29/08 11:59 PM) reply + / -
The same problem with My canon MP145 but don't worry I have solved the problem, but I don't know this procedure work with MP150 Printer.

I got solved from this link http://slayo.com/error-4-or-no-ink-in-printer-canon-mp145.html the website instruct to press STOP/RESET tombol about 5 second or more.. It worked! You can try it and let we know it work or not with MP150 Printer

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (12/15/08 6:18 PM) reply + / -
THIS WORKED GREAT.

I had already figured out about cleaning the pads, hot water under the tap did the job. I couldnt clear the error however.

I did the Stop/Reset with power up, 4 clicks and viola!

You saved me from buying a new printer!!!

PS I would not have purchased a new cannon knowing what I know about this ink well thing!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (2/21/09 8:19 AM) reply + / -
Thank you very much. I followed your steps to clean the absorbers then reset the code. My printer now works fine.

Canon Pixma 150 absorber full by Anonymous (3/24/09 5:56 PM) reply + / -
Love you guys and this site. The post by bports was excellent. After the waste absorber full E27 error came on I could find nothing at canon. Found this site - removed, cleaned and replaced the two pads - and then fiddled with the stop/reset commands to clear the code. Thanks mucho

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (4/2/09 12:19 PM) reply + / -
oh, happy, happy girl. happy, happy pixma mp150 that i just fixed with your help. it had an E2 error message that i cleared for a month that turned into an E27 message yesterday and shut down my printer. came to work today, long tweezers, plastic gloves and flashlight in hand! it sure took me a while to figure out how to reset after cleaning (YUCK!) much ink gunk from all over the retainer area, but i threw in a restart on the whole XP system the last two times i reset the printer and voile! you are my hero :) thank you very much! -a.j.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by lindaobo (4/8/09 5:58 AM) reply + / -
How do we pads to hold in is there a nack

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (4/8/09 8:02 AM) reply + / -
the pads just sit in the little retainer area, there is no click-in or anything like that. they just lay there. i used a long tweezer to pick them out and place them back in again, and for sure you need a good flashlight to see what you are doing! also, from the advice i got at this site the pads are to turn white when cleaned. one stayed very gray and one got completely white. my printer is working great, and no E27 error messages anymore!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (4/29/09 9:59 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for posting these instructions. They worked a treat! You do need a really steady hand to tweezer the pads in and out, though. The only other thing is I had to unplug it at the end, as it wouldn't power down normally. Thanks again.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by jenlark (5/5/09 2:27 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for the help from these instructions. I did it! Couldn't seem to use the tweezers...(not long enough and not patient enough to wait for next day to buy new ones!

Instead I pushed a long needlework pin through a cotton bud, (to give the pin a longer "handle"; taped the pin to the bud "handle" ...and carefully pushed the pin point into the pads one at a time. Lifted out each pad in turn slowly and with great care! Washed with normal hot water under the tap, (one pad stayed grey) then balanced them back in again, using a paperknife point to push the pad back into the rubber holder. My printer is now working just fine....and I'm the happiest rabbit on the planet! Thanks Thanks thanks!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP450 by Anonymous (6/2/09 12:41 AM) reply + / -
CANON PIXMA MP450. ALARM LIGHT WON'T GO OFF - WHAT IS WRONG PLEASE.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (6/2/09 1:01 AM) reply + / -
Thanks very much - great help on Pixma MP150 - all working well now.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by fillyb (9/1/09 10:45 PM) reply + / -
Necesito ayuda mi MP150 marca error número 42 que hago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help i need you, my canon pixma mp150 in error42

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150- how to get default BW print by Anonymous (10/8/09 4:51 AM) reply + / -
hi can anyone help me to know how we get default printing in Black

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Anonymous (10/20/09 3:09 PM) reply + / -
I am having problems with clearing the E27 code from my Canon Pixma 150

I have tried following your instructions listed.

How to clear E27 Code

* With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
DONE

* When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
DONE

* When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)

THIS STEP IS WHERE I HAVE A PROBLEM - DOES NOT MOVE INTO A SERVICE MODE

* When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.

The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off

* Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Kata (11/1/09 2:52 PM) reply + / -
I have a Canon PIXMA 150 im trying to scan a document but when i press the scan button it automaticlly starts printting not scanning . how can i fix this, and no scan window pops up to show me what i have scaned .

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by muhammad pawi (11/15/09 4:49 PM) reply + / -
I have a canon pixma 145 but did.nt work,Error 5 I.m trying to put the cartrige off and put it on again. just like a people says. but don.t work. What do I do to solves my problem

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by dforbes515 (11/29/09 4:50 AM) reply + / -
I can't get my printer to turn on. IT's plugged in and everything. IT's had problems before. any suggestions?
drew

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by DOK (1/31/10 9:42 AM) reply + / -
Thank you bports (1/22/08) so much for notes about cleaning the full waste ink pads and Reset clearing the printer lock up code (E2 E7 or is it E27). I nearly bought a new printer but I did have a number of new ink cartridges, so I am glad I looked on the web as advised by printer repairer called Don of Windsor. Thank you so much. DOK

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by chucker70 (6/5/10 4:00 PM) reply + / -
Pixma 150 error code 27 the instruction given are great but
difficult for a large hand person, TRY removing right side trim
only 4 screws.access front ones by removing front trim panel
it clips on with two plastic legs on each side, Rear are easily
removed. This gives all knds of room to remove & replace
absorbent pads and rubber retainers. worked well for me, now I
have error code 42 re scanner circuit cables because I took off
both sides and unplugged them BIG mistake. Just take off RIGHT
SIDE ONLY.GOOD LUCK.

catridge carrier stuck/not moving by ruee_2703@yahoo.com (7/16/10 7:16 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone know how to fix the catridge carrier that not moving? I realize that my printer are unable to print and shows the Service Error 5100 . So i open up my printer and realize that the catridge is not moving to the left.Usually when we open it, it will automatic move to left. I tried to use some force to move it manually but the catridge not moving at all. Seems like it's stuck there and i am unable to do print or scan as the light will keep blinking.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by shongie (7/23/10 1:14 AM) reply + / -
l have canon mp150 and it's giving me E40 20 = Other hardware error, how do l trouble shoot this eror

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by lasedan (8/19/10 12:14 AM) reply + / -
Could anyone tell me what error 8 means and how to fix it? Please.

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Metacam (5/27/11 1:33 PM) reply + / -
Hello There,
You explained this very well, Thank you, but you could have told us to use long nosed Tweezers, co's my usband droped one between the two holders, as he had big hands, and lost the grip with our small tweezers.....

Thanks anyway, good job,!!!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by helen mcmenamin (7/12/11 1:17 PM) reply + / -
wohoooooooooooo invaluable advice thankyou so much :)

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by demangsatria (8/8/11 6:37 PM) reply + / -
I've got a Canon Pixma mp150 3 in 1 printer.B4 i've use window vista on my pc,recently,i've change my os to window 7.While with de window vista i'm using,my printer was in good condition and can be use as per normal.But after i've change to window 7,sunddenly after 3 or 4 usage,my printer can,t be use.Means it can't even on.Can someone out there plzzzz help me.????

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by demangsatria (8/8/11 6:37 PM) reply + / -
I've got a Canon Pixma mp150 3 in 1 printer.B4 i've use window vista on my pc,recently,i've change my os to window 7.While with de window vista i'm using,my printer was in good condition and can be use as per normal.But after i've change to window 7,sunddenly after 3 or 4 usage,my printer can,t be use.Means it can't even on.Can someone out there plzzzz help me.????

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by pixma MP150 (9/26/11 8:21 AM) reply + / -
i do not understand how to clearing the E27 code from my Canon Pixma 150

did the first part but
this is confusing: The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off

Do i only press 4 times as it is the green waste reset i am interested in
cause this does not work, please help
thanks

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by streamentrance (11/20/11 7:07 PM) reply + / -
Not true. It worked for me. Bports is right. Thank you Bports! I followed your instruction and my printer is working now.

Of course the technician will tell you that. He wants you to take it him and spend the $$. Unless you try it for yourself, you will never know.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Grange (1/29/12 2:18 PM) reply + / -
I have cleaned the ink absorber pads fine, but cannot reset the error code despite following the instructions above many times
I have only a flashing On/OFF button, not a steadily lit one, and the printer will not enter maintenance mode
Any ideas welcome please
JJB

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Insane Jane (2/24/12 2:36 PM) reply+1 + / -
i hope you have not thrown away your canon printer. here's the fix. not from me, but from jackprinter. thank you, jackprinter, for leading us to the link that works to get rid of that pesty E27:
OH, first you have to pull out both waste ink absorber pads, rinse them in water and clean all that printer ink ook from everywhere you can see. you need long tweezers, nimble fingers and a flashlight!
now your pads are clean, dry and replaced, here we go:
Fix Error E27, Error E8 Printer Canon MP145:

1. turn off printer

2. with printer connected to a power source, press and hold both power and reset button for approx 10 sec
3. release reset button but do not release power button yet

4. press reset button 2x then release power button

5. wait for printer to power up

6. on powering up you should see 0 on the led screen (if not, RESTART!)

7. press reset button 4x

8. press power button 3x and wait for printer to power off

9. press power to turn on printer

Enjoy!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Insane Jane (2/24/12 2:39 PM) reply+1 + / -
here's the fix. i am reposting what i just posted about this horrid problem. fix is not from me, but from jackprinter. thank you, jackprinter, for leading us to the link that works to get rid of that pesty E27:

Fix Error E27, Error E8 Printer Canon MP145:

1. turn off printer

2. with printer connected to a power source, press and hold both power and reset button for approx 10 sec
3. release reset button but do not release power button yet

4. press reset button 2x then release power button

5. wait for printer to power up

6. on powering up you should see 0 on the led screen (if not, RESTART!)

7. press reset button 4x

8. press power button 3x and wait for printer to power off

9. press power to turn on printer

Enjoy!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Sourdough Sam (7/23/12 1:03 PM) reply + / -
I just cleaned the black ink pad on my 150, using a straight pin, a pair of pliers, and a pencil. E-code responded as per the instructions on this site. However, I managed to pull out a gray plastic widget with a little spring on it, just left of the pad and its tray. How do I get it back in place? or, do I need to? The 150 is printing without it.

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by avish (10/7/13 6:04 AM) reply + / -
Not so easy ;), but it helped
Thank u so so so much :)

Re: Canon PIXMA MP150 by Karfos3 (12/16/13 10:08 AM) reply + / -
Showing an E then 2 error when I try to scan. Was working beautifully then quit. Don't need to
print, just scan. HELP!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters