fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson 1270 "ghosting"

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson 1270 "ghosting" by jbarch (edited 2/22/06 11:48 AM) reply + / -
I picked up a used 1270 on craigslist, worked fine for the first few prints. Then it developed a streaking of black ink in-line with a particularly gunked roller.

Next I cleaned up the gunk/hair/ink/etc. with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Maybe this was a bad move, but it seems to have cleared up the streaking.

Now the NEW problem: A "ghost" image of my intended image. I'm printing black line art & text, but there are sporadic areas where extra gray inking happens about 1/32" away from the intended black line. Seems worse where heavy lines or large text occur. This is consistent across the page (i.e. not just in-line with a particular roller or pizza cutter wheel)

Did I create this problem when solving the first streaking issue? Any ideas on how to tackle this?

Cheers & TIA,
JB

Re: Epson 1270 by Anonymous (2/22/06 2:58 PM) reply + / -
use the utility in the driver to check and adjust the print head alignment, should help to solve the issue.
Paul

Re: Re: Epson 1270 by jbarch (2/22/06 3:20 PM) reply + / -
use the utility in the driver to check and adjust the print head alignment, should help to solve the issue.
Paul

I can see why you'd recommend alignment; I probably didn't describe it very well.

The utility adjusts vertical alignment, but my problem is a ghosting in the horizontal direction. So if a line on the page is perpendicular to the feed direction, then the ghosted line is parallel to it, or "uphill" from the intended lines.

Cheers,
JB

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters