fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Officejet 6210- repeated

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Officejet 6210- repeated by dennydoodles (2/12/06 7:27 AM) reply + / -
My HP Officejet 6210 constantly gets a 'carriage jam' error. AFter 99% of my print jobs this happens. I have checked everything on the hP website. There is no jam, the paper isn't jammed, i opened the back of the machine, etc etc. Anyone have a similar/same problem with this model? any suggestions?? I am thinking of just replacing it with a Canon.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by arvie (11/14/06 5:01 PM) reply + / -
That was happening with mine, too. I opened the front and lubricated
the carriage area. I moved the carriage to one side and sprayed the other, moved the carriage to the other side and repeat.
My problem now is that the print moves to the right a little each
line. Continues with each page until the print is off the page.
Hp couldn't help, tole me to buy a new printer.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by voyiatech (11/29/06 3:13 AM) reply + / -
have you tryed to reset the printer?
take the power cord off hold # 3and then turn the printer on.
i don't know if that will work.
it looks like an initial position problem

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Stephen (11/29/06 2:14 PM) reply+3 + / -
Carriage jams have nothing to do with paper jams.

Arvie,

You should never "spray" lubricant inside a printer, you probably got some on the encoder strip.

Read about carriage operation at:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/42029#2

If you like the post click on the "+" sign in the title bar.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by voyiatech (11/30/06 6:33 AM) reply + / -
THE RESET THING IS THE ANSWER

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Albie (12/3/06 7:21 PM) reply + / -
I get a display Message: Original Jam. The Attention Light [!] symbol blinks. There is no paper jam in the Automatic Document Feeder so I pressed O.K. and get the same message as the printer emits a few beeps. I cannot make copies nor scan. However, it still works as a printer since I can print documents from my computer. If I push START COPY BLACK, the machine emits a few beeeps. I loaded several sheets on the feed tray, but it did not make any difference.

Instruction manual does not mention this error meassage. HP help site does not even mention this error message.

The problem started when I tried to make a copy of a document that had been folded and I fed it on the document feeder tray. The machine stopped and gave the Original Jam message. I pulled original sheet from the feeder rollers. I now know that WAS A MISTAKE. HP Help told me to try several things; turn power on/off, disconnect USB cable, clean feed rollers [using water on alint free cloth], etc. Nothing appears broken.

Any ideas, please.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by T Chesh (12/3/06 7:57 PM) reply + / -
Thank you the reset thing fixed mine!

It seems this problem started after sending a fax the other day using the feeder function. Is that coincidence or not?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Albie (12/3/06 8:09 PM) reply + / -
Thank you. Fixed the problem of Original Jam that I posted earlier today. The HP manual shows how to lift cover of the automatic document feeder, which I did; and I did not see any paper. So in desparation, at the risk of destroying it, I was able to lift the platform holding the rollers. This IS NOT shown or even hinted at in the he HP user manual. And there was a sliver of paper that was not visible before. I removed it and everything seems to be working.

I hope this message is of use if anybody else has the mysterious Orignal Jam error message.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- reset won't work. by fotobean (1/25/07 1:16 AM) reply + / -
I'm enjoying this great forum and thought I'd ask a dumb question. Why won't the # and 3 reset not work on my 6210. Have tried three or four times. Also, it does the self-test and afterward the head (being parked on the left side) moves a little to the right and gives me the "Paper Jam" again. I think a friend posted something about the carriage sensor. Could that be it? HP said to go and reset, but my printer never gets there - just Self-Test, Initializing, then Paper Jam. Your help would be greatly appreciated before I totally strip this printer down to plastic shell. TIA

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by JamesOhio (2/7/07 2:26 PM) reply + / -
After printing about 100 sheets (new HP 6210 printer), I started getting the dreaded carriage jam warning. The printer became completely inoperable. The printer would clunk and clank itself to death. Like one user reported, this seemed to start after I faxed using the paper feeder - a seemingly unrelated event. The problem started out with random jams and got worse.

Doing the reset thing, I disconnected the power, held down # and 3,and reconnected power. The first time it powered on automatically (it never says RESET at any time as the HP web page states), said "initializing", and then it informed me the B&W cartridge was used. The carriage goes through a very distinctive adjustment AND THE PRINTER IS COMPLETELY FIXED OF THE CARRIAGE PROBLEM. I tried the reset again, the printer didn't turn on the second time, so still holding # and 3, I pressed the ON button. Again it displayed "initializing," informed me my B&W AND my color cartridges were used and then went on to additionally align the cartridges after the very distinctive carriage alignment procedure. After the second reset, the printer was still back to working perfectly with no carriage problems.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by pojello (2/8/07 8:09 PM) reply + / -
OK; I admit to being a complete techno-moron. I jave a 6210 that worked fine until a few weeks ago, then the carriage jam thing started. Can someone PLEASE explain, as if to a child, all the steps involved in re-setting the unit? Thanks a million!!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by me_in_1962 (2/9/07 12:44 PM) reply + / -
I have been getting very annoying "carriage jam" errors for quite some time now (between 1-2 months) and there has been nothing to justify the errors. After reading some posts on this forum here's what I tried:

I pressed # and 3 at the same time while plugging the power cord back in

I then made a note of the following messages which display:

selftest
partial reset
initialization
initializing...
used black print cartridge (prompts you to press OK)
used tri-color print cartridge (prompts you to press OK)
displayed date and time as usual

Bingo! No problems since. Sure beats buying a new printer!

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/9/07 1:20 PM) reply + / -
Just how old a child are we talking about? Can this child read? I say that because it is posted in very simple, easy to understand language several times. If you can read, I suggest you read the post above and below yours, if you can't I've wasted all this typing.

Re: Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/13/07 10:17 AM) reply + / -
OK; when you say disconmnect the power; are we talking about the cord that plugs into the wall, or the cord that plugs from the computer into the printer?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (4/4/07 5:26 PM) reply + / -
I have a 6210 that is reporting paper jam and whacking cartirdge assembly from side to side violently. No jams apparent (disassembled machine) and the 3 and # reset performs the partial reset, but does not solve the issue.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (4/11/07 5:09 PM) reply + / -
the mesages being displayed on mine are up side down and backwards. Does anyone know how to fix that? i tried resetting it and that did not work.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Stephen (4/11/07 5:38 PM) reply + / -
For carriage problems read:

And I don't know how to reset your display.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by farneyk (6/3/07 1:36 PM) reply + / -
I had the carriage jam problem as well. Just started out of no where, but after reading your comments, realized I too had faxed something via the feeder.

I used the suggestion of unplugging the power and pressed the # & 3 at the same time and plugged the unit back in and VOILA! I'm up and running again. Don't know for how long, but it's working for now.

Thank You!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (6/12/07 7:31 PM) reply + / -
i don't get it either, i have been experiencing the same thing. paper gets jammed i pull it out and tryed again. there can be no paper in it and still be jammed. i'd love to understand this loop it thinks it's on

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (7/13/07 4:00 PM) reply + / -
My printer will not copy or fax, essentially the scanning arm doesnt seem to kick in when it should and the document feeder doesnt start either.

The screen only says 'scaning' or copying - no error messages appear

help please!

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (7/18/07 3:54 PM) reply + / -
the above did not work, until I have
turend off the printer,
opened the door cover,
moved cartidges fully to the left
then moved up and down the little black tray that sits under the cartidges in the service station
and then pressed "on"

it works now.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (7/28/07 9:19 PM) reply + / -
Your instructions sucks

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by aawwyeahh (8/2/07 3:06 AM) reply + / -
nonsense

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Confused 6210 (9/12/07 10:20 PM) reply + / -
My HP 6210 was working with no problems then the other day I went to get a fax and the printer was turned off so I checked the plugs and all were plug in then I unplug and repluged and it did the self test and then printer shuts down and with not restart and each time unplug it goes self test and then it shuts down ....

Confused 6210

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (9/16/07 12:19 PM) reply + / -

A google search:
hp +6210 +"paper jam"

Returns this as the first hit:

HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One - Paper Jam

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Which is a more complete description of the solution.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Yawhozack2 (10/1/07 4:22 PM) reply + / -
My officejet 6210 of 16 months frequently jams.

When I called HP, the rep asked me if I purchased the extended warranty. When I said no, she said too bad because no one services printers outside of warranty. The cartridges are expensive and short lived. The reliability is poor and HP's support is non-existent. I won't be buying another one soon

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (11/4/07 8:09 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. The error message says "Paper jam". I followed the insturctions in http://h10025.www1.hp.com
but still the problem persist.

I tried # and 3 buttons, but still the printer shows the same error. But when I press # and 3 following are the messages shown by the printer:
1. Self Test
2. Initializing
3. Used black print cartridge (prompts you to press OK)
4. used tri-color print cartridge (prompts you to press OK but before I press OK, I get the following message)
5. Printer Jam
Note: I am not getting the message "Partial Setting"

Any instructions, what should I do now?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (11/25/07 4:04 PM) reply + / -
Awesome! Worked for me too!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by sebastian920 (11/28/07 6:15 PM) reply + / -
the reset thing worked for me, at least for now.

link from HP....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP OJ6210-Repeated carriage jam & out of paper by Anonymous (12/9/07 3:41 PM) reply + / -
I've recently had the notorious "carriage jam" problem. Spent over an hour with HP Tech Chat, but nothing solved problem. I've tried the reset procedure (power up w/#3); never get the reset verbiage, but get initializing, etc, etc. Just when I thought the problem was solved I get the "out of paper" message, even though there is adequate paper in the tray. I've tried cleaning the rollers, reinstalling the paper, but nothing seems to work. I either get "carriage jam" or "out of paper."

One thing I did note was the carriage does not return all the way to the home (right) position, which I believe is related to the carriage jam issue. I was going to get some of the silicon lubricant to see if that would cure problem, but it seems to be something more mechanical as it takes some force to move the carriage to the home position.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Bert (12/9/07 9:33 PM) reply + / -
DON'T use silicone lubricant. It will almost certainly make the carriage jam problem worse.

You didn't say if you were trying to move the carriage with the power on or off. There is typically resistance if you try to move the carriage with the power on. Unplug the power and try moving the carriage. The resistance may decrease. If you want to try lubrication, clean the carriage rod with alcohol and lubricate it with Lubriplate Aero, available online.

Thanks voyiatech by Anonymous (12/15/07 3:18 PM) reply + / -
After fighting the printer for countless hrs, your reset technique worked!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (1/3/08 11:25 AM) reply + / -
Reset worked for me too! Thanks!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (1/5/08 7:23 AM) reply + / -
After seonding over an hour on the line with HP with a useless (and difficult to understand tech) I tried the reset and it worked. They were jsut about to sell me a replacement model HP6310 - let's hope it stays working!

Re: Re: HP OJ6210-Repeated carriage jam & out of paper by Anonymous (1/5/08 8:19 AM) reply + / -
There is a black lever all the way to the right where the cartrige carrage fits into pull it toward you and that should solve the cartridge jam problem. I don't know about the out of paer issue. I am having the same problems

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by donniebnyc (1/9/08 2:07 PM) reply + / -
Reset didn't work for me.

After reading

I checked the encoder strip. It was covered in ink so the carriage could not figure out where it was.

(My carriage was actually crashing into the left side several times before the error came up.)

The encoder strip is located above the carriage rail. I used a q-tip and water to clean it. Any solvent may damage the markings on the strip. You can't see them but they are there.

1. Turn off and unplug the printer. Duh.

2. Prop open the top so you can work. I used a screwdriver under the hinge.

3. Wet a q-tip in plain water and *important* shake off the excess. Don't drip water into the printer guts. Again, duh.

4. Carefully wipe off both sides of the encoder strip until it looks translucent gray. I did this by gently twisting the strip so I could press downwards with the q-tip. Do all of it that is exposed then slide the carriage to the other side and clean the strip section that was hidden by it. Be careful, if it breaks you're screwed.

5. Dry the strip. I used my fingertips. If you use a rag be sure it's soft and lint free. IMPORTANT: Dry it only from left to right towards the spring. Going the other way might cause the strip to fall off. And again, you're screwed.

That's all I did and when I turned it on it worked again.

Good luck.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/4/08 2:54 PM) reply + / -
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another satisfied customer. I don't know what I'd do without forums like this, that allow us to fix problems that the manufacturers fail to help us with (without charge).
Thank you
Thank you
and did I say Thank you!!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by marc1230 (2/7/08 9:21 PM) reply + / -
the unplug, #3 thing worked for me - awesome
i was getting tired walking up the stairs each time to restart the printer...

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by anonymous100 (2/11/08 8:36 PM) reply + / -
The reset thing also worked for me. I had a very annoying carriage jam error every time I printed anything... Once I reset it, the carriage jame error went away. Thank you so very much!!!

Re: Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/15/08 7:00 PM) reply + / -
thank you, that is the only thing that worked for me...and to think the bastards at HP said that they did not think they could help me unless I wanted to buy another printer....

Re: HP Officejet 6210- carriage jam fix by Anonymous (2/20/08 5:37 PM) reply + / -
We see about 50 of these a year. The problem in 99% of the cases is that ink gets dumped into the mechanicals of the wiper sled and when it dries, it becomes sticky and prevents the sled from returning to its home location. The fix is to disassemble the printer to the point where you can remove the sled and the gear-shaft under the sled for cleaning. Once out, run them under warm water until the water runs clear, clean the sled-guides in the printer with any wet cloth and an object that can get in the groove. Put it back together, and you're good for another year (or until another cartridge dumps). You could put a dab of light grease on the gear and guides but we leave them dry. You'll be able to tell that it is clean by manually moving the sled with no resistance. Hope this helps.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Jacks-Not-Here (2/29/08 8:15 AM) reply + / -
I was about to bring my 6210xi outside and use it for target practice. That carriage jam error has been constant for 6 months. HP was no help at all. I had to do the reset (# & 3 unplug thing) twice, but it did work. I had received several faxes without a problem, but 6 months ago I sent one, and like other writers, that is when my problem started. My thanks to all who have posted on-line the repair for this problem.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by -Tapsa- (3/9/08 3:53 PM) reply + / -
I have had several errors as "Paper jam", "Carriage jam", "No paper" etc and I found out that the cog with a round encoder (on left side from front view of printer) was "slipping" from it's shaft - I drill a 2 mm hole on cog+shaft and put some steel wire on it.
Now the cog is not slipping and printer is working fine.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- by kahwaji (3/11/08 12:42 PM) reply + / -
I am having problems with my 6210 all-in-one sending faxes with lines running up and down the pages. People cannot read the faxes I am sending. Also when I scan or copy the same thing happens. But when I print it does not. Help
Jeanette

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Bert (3/11/08 8:46 PM) reply + / -
These suggestions are based on the assumption that you are using the automatic document feeder for faxing and scanning.

Open the scanner as if you are going to do a scan without using the document feeder. On the far left there is probably a rectangular window. I suspect that there is some sort of contamination (Whiteout is common) on it. Clean it with alcohol and Windex (or something similar).

If you are convinced that the window is clean and the problem does not go away a new printer is probably in your future. There are no repair parts available except from scrap printers.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- by -Tapsa- (3/12/08 1:10 PM) reply + / -
...how the paper is going thru – is it going with “fixed steady speed" or is it looking like “going/not going/not known what to do” feeding?
If you “breaking” the paper smoothly by you fingers, then what happens?
I thing that if paper is going thru the printer smoothly without any problems, then there can be dirty on somewhere (or some parts are wear away as Bert told) – if you can easily slow down the feeding of paper, then some feeding roll can be dirty or something like that and thus the paper is “slipping” -> lines are not straight and cautious cleaning can help :) - otherwise, it’s needed more study of problem and as Bert told, spare parts are difficult to find :(

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (3/13/08 8:04 AM) reply + / -
Thank you soooooooo much Bert. It worked. I had always cleaned the flat bed glass but was never aware of the rectangular one.
Love ya.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (4/15/08 4:31 PM) reply + / -
Tried the reset # 3, but it didn't work for me.

Taking all of the recommendations here into account, the process below worked for me, at least for now.

- I unplugged power from the printer (6210) without powering off.
- Replaced BOTH the color and black ink cartridges (wasteful, but helped solve issue in my case).
- Pressed # and 3 simultaneously.
- Reconnected power to printer.
- Printer went through usual warm-up routine (note: readout showed no indication of "reset" process).
- Started printing after the warm-up process completed (note: was already document in print queue on connected laptop).

Issue seems resolved, at least for now. Hope this helps someone. Thanks to everyone who posted to this forum ... was enormously helpful to me!

cant fax/paper jam by susandale (5/4/08 6:01 AM) reply + / -
how do i open the fax door? seesm it doesnt open? paper jammed in fax; cant fax.
any 800 # to call?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by rcfreeman (8/26/08 9:18 PM) reply + / -
I get a single line down the entire page when I use the sheet feeder to scan a document. When I scan single sheet by placing it on the glass it works fine? I have tried to look for contamination but do not see how to open that part up. Help?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by moe (8/27/08 10:28 AM) reply + / -
There is a thin piece of glass next to the scanner glass. Clean the whiteout off of it with a paper towel and window cleaner.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (8/27/08 10:53 AM) reply + / -
Moe, That makes sense but how do I access the piece of glass you speak of? Do I have to remove the feeder housing? When I open the main cover I do not readily see any small piece of glass.
Thanks in advance for your time,
Richard

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by moe (8/27/08 12:13 PM) reply + / -
My bad, the newer models have the glass next to the big glass. The 6210 had it in the adf part. Lift up on the gray plastic housing and it will come up. You might have to use a little bit of force to lift it. Then lift up on the feeder assy. below it and you'll see the glass.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (8/27/08 12:17 PM) reply + / -
OK ,..thanks that is what I was thinking but I did not want to break it. I have been looking for screws etc but I do not see any that are holding it down. Just afraid of breaking it by lifting up to hard. Thanks again

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Norm Spencer (9/24/08 11:02 PM) reply + / -
Paper jam, paper jam, paper jam, that's all it does no matter how many fixes you try. Is there a sensor that needs help or what? Another question; why is there no Repair Manual available? Have two doing the sameo, sameo.
Stormin

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by jackgnavy (10/11/08 11:45 AM) reply + / -
My paper feed on top jammed. I cleared the jam and now everytime I use it it clicks loudly. I want to take the cover off and clean and look at the inside of the paper feeder
How do I get the cover off

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by pthai (10/20/08 6:21 AM) reply + / -

My HP 6210 problem started with the Carriage jamed. I cleaned the leaked ink, did the #3 reset, the Carriage jamed when away but I have the printer said "There is no paper" and ask me to put paper in then Press O.K. I did that but it keep repeating "There is no paper " It seems like the paper advance mechanism did't work! Please help!

Thanks,

Thai

Re: HP Officejet 6210 Carriage Jam Error by Tuskegee (10/31/08 5:42 AM) reply + / -
I tried all the other recommendations, but the blog by "Stephen" was correct:

"If the encoder strip is dirty the printer may not see all the lines and detect an error, often when the strip is dirty the carriage will move too fast and slam to one side of the printer."

I wiped down the "encoder strip" with a damp(water, no alcohol)cloth. The encoder strip is a piece of plastic that the carriage slides on and it appeared to have a +/- sign and an arrow at either end. Wipe off the excess ink and BAM!, you're back in business.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (11/11/08 8:55 AM) reply + / -
The # and 3 soloution worked for my carriage jam. Thx all!

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (11/12/08 4:11 AM) reply + / -
My printer was doing the same as yours. Following your instructions, problem resolved. Thank you and thanks to the forum.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (11/19/08 10:22 AM) reply + / -
Thanks all. Working for me as well.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by JCASPER (12/2/08 7:45 AM) reply + / -
My printer which is a hp 6210 keeps telling me there is a paper jam. I have tried everything I can think of and it won't work. I tried the # 3 thing and that won't work either. any ideas on how to fix.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by rkell (12/9/08 7:39 AM) reply + / -
I believe the printer has a design flaw. Maybe there is too much torque on the middle gear of the fax paper feeder. I've seen several of these printers with the same problem. The shaft for the middle gear breaks off...and the cheap plastic gears lose teeth all the time. I would never recommend this printer to be used in a business or for anything even medium use. Probably wouldn't be a bad printer for home that you didn't use a lot.

New Problem by Russell Warnky (12/20/08 3:59 PM) reply + / -
I have installed 2 new cartridges, not refills. For the past month I have been getting a good top of the sheet, but as the printing goes down the sheet it begins to look smeary and unreadable like it is out of ink but it is not every new page starts the same way. Anyone have any ideas?

Russ Warnky

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by mhandy (1/7/09 7:04 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem, tried the reset, and everthing.

I CHANGED THE PRINT CARTRIDGES AND IT WORKED !!

I think the ink dried or the cartridge was real low

Try it! It works

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (1/9/09 9:23 PM) reply + / -
One day I've decided to install a photo ink into my hp 6210. Alignment started and all of a sudden failed! I have tried to align my other cartridges (used) and the same thing happens. Does anyone have this problem too and does someone know how to fix this?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Bert (1/9/09 11:21 PM) reply + / -
All colors must be working or page alignment will fail.

Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (three-color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by DebRN (1/16/09 7:09 AM) reply + / -
I experienced the same "Carriage Jam" issue. Thanks for all the "Tried-and-True" fix tips! Problem resolved! Makes you kind of wonder why HP and their tech's weren't able to provide the same useful information?! Humm....

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by ryanfalford (1/25/09 6:44 PM) reply + / -
My 6210 Hp will not print in color. says something about alignment problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Bert (1/26/09 8:57 PM) reply + / -
All colors must print in order to align the cartridges.

Verify that ink can flow from the cartridge(s) by blotting the print nozzles on a damp paper towel a few times for two seconds. You should see all of the colors (three-color cartridge: yellow, magenta, and cyan) that are supposed to be in it flowing freely. If you do not, in spite of ink being in the cartridge it is defective.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by bob06 (2/4/09 12:44 PM) reply + / -
I had the carriage jam problem too. the reset probably would've been sufficient but I also noted a big snot of black ink at the right side (the cartridge change position) and also a buildup of rubbery dried ink on a narrow plastic part behind the carriage in the same position. I suspect that the jam was a result of the carriage brushing up against the buildup, as the jam errors seemed to occur only at the end of a print job. also saw a smudge on the encoder strip. before doing the reset, I used water and a lens tissue to clean the smudge and cleaned up the ink mess using a small screwdriver to scrape up the heavy stuff then q-tips and alcohol to cleanup the remainder (water wasn't too effective dissolving the dried ink). Thanks to all for the tip about the cold reset procedure. I really appreciate this site.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/4/09 12:50 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned the glass but I still get a single line down the sheet when I scan using the sheet feeder. I took it all apart, ..the glass is absolutely clean and I can not see any defect. Makes no sense to me. Anyone have a suggestion???????
By the way, ..opening the housing is easy once you are not afraid to break anything, ...no tools needed.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Bert (2/4/09 10:09 PM) reply + / -
Clean the glass strip under the document feeder. Refer to page 106 in the Users Guide.

HP Officejet 6210 by dorbaugh (2/13/09 4:58 AM) reply + / -
Printer makes squeaking noise when moving across rail. Should I lubricate it? Where?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (3/30/09 11:28 PM) reply + / -
Thanks! The reset worked!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- I solved my carriage jam! by JaniceNJ (4/9/09 12:21 PM) reply + / -
After months of fighting my HP 6210's carriage jam message, I think I finally solved my problem. I had initially tried the #3 reset solution, but that would only work temporarily and ultimately didn't work at all. I did some reading about how to clean the inside of the carriage mechanism, and while observing the parts of my 6210 I saw a large lump of semi-dried black printer ink on the spongepad of the capping station. Once I carefully cleaned away the black lump, the printer worked again.

So, for those of you who wish to try it...removed both printer cartridges from your machine and look at the black spongepads under where the cartridges usually sit. Some ink residue on them is normal. NOT NORMAL is a large lump of goo. Carefully remove the goo (wear a rubber glove unless you don't mind scrubbing ink off your fingers). You can use a lightly moistened cloth, but don't drip water down into the machine. Reinsert the print cartridges, and start 'er up again. Hopefully this will work for you. It did for me.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- I solved my carriage jam! by Anonymous (7/23/09 2:15 AM) reply + / -
Thanks! I was about to buy another printer tomorrow if I couldnt get it to work tonight. You are a lifesaver. I have been dealing with this issue for over 4 months.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (8/7/09 3:22 AM) reply + / -
OK

LETS FIX THIS PROBLEM ONES FOR ALL....

I HAVE A OFFICE JET 6210 ALL IN ONE HP- ERROR CARRIAGE JAN FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS THE PRINTER WAS GIVING ME THE SAME ERROR I WAS ABOUT TO DUMP THIS PRINTER... BUT BEFORE A DUMP I WILL FIX....

STEP 1.

OPEN THE TOP OF THE PRINTER WHERE YOU SEE THE INK. PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE LEFT SIDE WHERE IS THE SENSOR IS LOCATE SO U CAN SEE THE CARRIAGE MOVING LEFT AND RIGHT YOU NEED TO OPEN AND DO THIS SO YOU CAN SEE THE PEACE THAT YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT...

AFTER YOU SEE THE CARRIAGE MOVING LEFT AND RIGHT LOOK CLOSE ON THE RIGHT SIDE... THERE IS A BLACK PEACE THAT MOVE BACK AND FORWARD ON THE PRINTER... THE PEACE HAS SOME ROBBER ON THE TOP...

STEP 2.

That black peace that U saw moving back and forward in on small tracks on the left and right PUT YOUR FACE IN THERE AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THE PEACE IS ATTACHED ON BOTH SIDE...

NOW DON'T FELL BACK OPEN YOUR PRINTER DON'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE SENSOR MOVE THE CARRIAGE DO THE LEFT PULL THE BLACK PEACE BACK A LITTER BIT AND WITH A SCREWDRIVER PUSH ONE SIDE OF THE TRACK SO THAT BLACK PEACE BECOME ALMOST OUT ( THE PEACE NEED TO BE OUT THE TRACK) NOW PULL BACK THE BLACK PEACE SO THIS PEACE WILL ALIGN WITH THE CARRIAGE - PUT UR FINGER ON THE SENSOR PRESS OK AND SEE IF THE BLACK PEACE IS NOT MOVING....

IF IS NOT HAVE A GOOD DAY YOUR PROBLEM IS RESOLVED. IF IS MOVING TAKE OUT OF THE TRACK AS I SAD...

IF YOU SCARE IF YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE MONEY BUY ANOTHER PRINTER DON'T DO THAT... I USE THIS FOR FAX ONLY SO WHEN I DID THIS WAS ALMOST DUMPING THIS PRINTER NOW IS WORKING FINE NO PROBLEMS...

QUESTION E-MAILS DAVI65@GMAIL.COM ME I CAN TAKE PICTURES LATER AND POST SOME WHERE WHAT THE BLACK PEACE LOOK LIKE.

References :

MANUAL:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00238458.pdf

Look at this the BLACK PEACE IS UNDER THE PEACE THAT IS ON PICTURE NUMBER 9:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00238864.pdf

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Shermal (8/9/09 12:43 PM) reply + / -
Please can anyone help me? I printed an email which I deleted from hotmail and have lost the printed copy. I was wondering if there is any way of reprinting this from the printer itself?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by moe (8/9/09 12:58 PM) reply + / -
Open up Control Panel/Printers. Double click on 6210. If you don't see the print job on that screen, it's gone and irretrievable.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Mad as #@!%$@ (8/15/09 6:23 PM) reply + / -
OK, the reset has fixed my carriage jam problem. Yeah. But now I'm getting the "Out of Paper" message. The rollers in the back do not rotate freely as the manual says they should. Is there a separate fix for the "out of Paper" error?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Mad as #@!%$@ (8/15/09 7:05 PM) reply + / -
OK, the reset has fixed my carriage jam problem. Yeah. But now I'm getting the "Out of Paper" message. The rollers in the back do not rotate freely as the manual says they should. Is there a separate fix for the "out of Paper" error?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (10/4/09 5:08 PM) reply + / -
same here mine got a carriage jam and i dont know what to do

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by internetjunkie (10/4/09 9:25 PM) reply + / -
Great job to US! We the internet folks. Just saved myself couple hundred bucks and have lost some respect for HP. Their un-solution is to buy a new one and the support is directed at just that. Be we collectively have countered back. I used the techniques on this blog post and found that:

1. My wife actually knocked the plastic head alignment strip out of the sensor removing a paper Jam that she couldn't find any paper to. She litterly printed out something and went to print out again and it got the repeated paper jam.

Used these techniques found on this page:
a. Cleaned alignment strip of ink (will pay dividends later down the road)
b. Cleaned out "slugs" of ink that has built up. (again divideneds later)
c. Found out my "clear plastic ring" on the outside (small cover) was ok!
d. Finnaly took to machine apart and finally found the real issue and that was my wife's doing. But because of a-c - We'll probably be good for years to come!

Thanks to everyone - keep this blog alive until all 6210's are in the landfill!

Re: HP Officejet 6210- feeder problems by alix (10/8/09 12:19 PM) reply + / -
I too have tried to get help from HP and all they want is for me to buy a new printer. My problem is the paper feeder. Sometimes it feeds and most times now it doesn't. Is this something I can fix myself? If so-where do I get the info I need and the parts.

No Subject by Lgarcia (11/3/09 7:42 AM) reply + / -
Made the mistake of clearing a paper jam through the front side of printer rather than opening door on the back. Now every time I send a print job I notice that printer won't lift/feed paper into track and the following message appears:

"The printer is out of paper.

Load more paper and press the Enter, Resume or OK button on the hp officejet".

Other printer features seem to work well. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by printertech9361@yaho (11/20/09 5:19 PM) reply + / -
The problem is the ink service station, it is broken at the
gear drive. There is a tab that holds down the gear drive.
Check the left-end of the gear that drives the cleaning station,
if it lifts up, it is broken. It should stay in place when working
properly.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by tampatom (12/3/09 3:49 PM) reply + / -
For 4 hours I tried all these solutions to no avail. Than I went to fixya.com and this is what they said:

please perform the steps provided below.

1. unplug the power cord
2. reinsert the ink cartridge
3 if the issue persist click on # & 6 and click on okay

The printer click a little, whirred & then sorta a long chirp and reset itself.

IT WORKED.
If I wasn't so hardheaded I would have given up hours ago, lol

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (12/9/09 7:55 PM) reply + / -
hp office jet 210 all in one printer
window message : "door open - close print cartridge access door...i dont know where the "access door is - and nothing looks "open" to me???

HP Officejet 6210- Out of Paper Error by jrhals (12/13/09 9:09 AM) reply + / -
Attempting to repair this printer for my brother. Not sure what he did but suspect he pulled paper out the front of the printer after a paper jam. He recently replaced the print cartridges, and the printer wants to align the cartridges but when the printer needs to pull paper, it only displays an Out of Paper Error. I never see the rear rollers turning. There doesn't appear to be any paper stuck in the paper path. Already tried a reset with # + 3, same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (12/22/09 5:30 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. After resting it, now it keeps telling--Out of Paper. If you have any responses for solution, please let me know.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by gaga1 (1/5/10 11:16 AM) reply + / -
I have a problem when i try to send a fax.
My 6210 gives an error 0x88258714 - 1:(varius symbols) and all lights blink with a continuous sound.
Partial reset didn't work for me.
All other functions are ok.

Any suggestion?
Thank you

Carriage Jam error fixed by dukey (1/5/10 11:03 PM) reply + / -

Noticed that the cartridge wasn't going all the way to the right - to the "ready" position when the printer is on. It seems it has to be all the way right or you get the "carriage jam" message. I opened the door and pushed it about a quarter inch to the right and I could hear it lock into place. It apparantly needs to lock into place or you get the message "carriage jam". There's a little catch mechanism on the left of the cartridge near the bottom that you can see when it is locked into place. I lubed it with some silicon wax and now the carriage can position itself all the way to the right - it now locks itself in correctly. It was getting caught on this little black plastic latch. You can manually push the cartridge to the right (when the power is on)and hear it lock, to temporarily cause the error to go away, but some lubrication on the catch mechanism seemed to fix it permanently

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by DW3 (1/11/10 6:01 AM) reply + / -
Same Carriage Jam issue for me. Tried the reset - got my printout immediately. If I don't post again it worked long term. Thx for a good thread.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Anonymous (2/25/10 3:02 PM) reply + / -
Sprayed mine with silicone spray lubricant. Fixed for now...my fingers are crossed

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Tezmanian (3/1/10 12:25 PM) reply + / -
Reset instructions fixed an annoying occasional 3+ year problem. Thanks. How does HP not know about this? There's no "Reset" in the index of the user manual that came with the printer--sad.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by People_Squash (3/10/10 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Tried reset #3 (partial reset)
Tried reset #6 (semi-full reset)
Tried reset #9 (full reset)

Cleaned ink gunk out of sponge area on right, under the black 'cleaner' piece that moves forward/backward.

Cleaned print cartridges.

Checked, as thoroughly as I could, for actual paper.

Still have a "PAPER JAM".

The printer does take a paper through it's paper feed, but not all in one go, it takes a couple pushes on the 'OK' button to get it all the way through. When it does make it through, it's bent up a bit (just in a couple spots, not like an accordion).

Thoughts?

HP Officejet 6210 won't scan or copy (prints OK) by ryantkoehler (6/25/10 7:56 AM) reply + / -
My HP officejet 6210 all-in-one just stopped working.
When I try to fax, copy, or scan, the process starts (i.e. menu acknowledges, hear clicking, etc) but then stalls. The green (on/off) light blinks and items are never scanned (i.e. the light doesn't move across the glass plate; no sound at all). When I hit "cancel", that doesn't seem to do anything. Only turning the printer off seems to work (and the "shutting down" message seems to take a long time; almost a minute or more?). After a power cycle, when it comes back up, either a blank page (print) or error report (fax) is generated. Printing works OK.

Everything was working perfectly just a bit ago (and for months prior)!
I tried a full reset (# 9 keys and power cycle) but that didn't fix it.
Maybe there's some sensor assocaited with the light-table scanning that may need to be cleaned?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Ryan

Out of Paper Error...: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Kelkat (7/27/10 11:52 AM) reply + / -
There is papter loaded but it says that it's out of paper. I am sure there is something that is not reading that there is paper loaded but what???

What can I do???

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by moe (7/27/10 12:14 PM) reply + / -
That model doesn't have a paper tray sensor. It senses paper when it enters the platen area. If the paper isn't picked up, then it assumes the tray is empty. You can watch it by looking down the paper at the rollers in the rear. When you send a job, you'll see that they spin, but don't do anything.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by bf (7/28/10 5:09 AM) reply + / -
Trying to align print cartridges and get Error message. Unplugged printer. Reinserted ink jets. Tried again. Got error message again. HOW TO ALIGN NOW?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Marcia Baker (9/18/10 12:01 PM) reply + / -
Just spent 4 hours with an HP Tech from Mumbai that could not help me with my problem, which is that the printer no longer prints or copies in color. Advice was finally to buy a new printer. NOT! Don't want to spend $75 per hour to take it to the next state to an Authorized HP Service Center. Anyone have luck fixing this problem?

Thanks.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by eddy11 (12/14/10 8:01 AM) reply + / -
The reset # 3 was not succesful. However I noted the posts about the large ink blob and found same under parked cartridge position. Cleaned this out, cleaned rail with alcohol on q-tip followed by wd-40 on q-tip, then performed another reset - working fine now.

HP 6200 scanning issue by Clerestorial (12/30/10 2:35 PM) reply + / -
Problem: I open up HP Director, click on 'scan document', click on 'scan' and get an internet explorer script error message asking me if I want to continue running scripts on this page 'yes or no'. One time I click one choice and I get my scan, the next time I clicked the other choice and got my scan. How in the heck do I stop that script message?
Thanks in advance.
Clerestorial

Re: HP Officejet 6210- won't print black ink by HfB (1/11/11 6:51 AM) reply + / -
I have been refilling the black cartridges and have never had a problem with them. Today it stopped printing in black. I replaced the black cartridge. Went through the process of cleaning, aligning, etc. Nothing seems to help. Do you have any suggestions?

thank you,

Re: HP Officejet 6210- another thing to check by arpanet (2/2/11 5:18 PM) reply + / -
Hey Y'all:

I just parted one of these 6210's I found in a dumpster, after spending 3 hours on it to no avail. BUT I did find out what the problem was after about half way through ripping it apart. Before shredding it, the problem settled on a relentless "paper jam" error that refused to go away. So, I took it apart and found that one of the end shafts that rolls up the paper has a clear plastic disc that serves as an optical shaft encoder. This disc came unglued, and was freewheeling.

I remember seeing this very problem before on another HP all-in-one I still have around here, somewhere. I fixed this one by re-gluing the little clear plastic encoder disc on the gear that it was supposed to be on, and away it's particular error went.

As for the afore mentioned particular 6210, it's dumpster food, after bleeding it's shafts, gears, motors and circuit boards etc. Why not bother to fix it, you say? Well, I have several printers around here, and this one was the most filthiest, scruffiest one, even for dumpster fodder, so it went bye-bye in a hurry. Most importantly, I think it served as the breeding ground for roaches at one time, as an egg case was still inside. (yuk!)

So that's another thing to check, if you try everything else and still get a paper jam error. You do have to take the printer apart, though, and if that makes you squeemish, take out the Glock and have at 'er. that would be probably more fun, anyway.

God Bless

hp6210 carriage jam fixed by trb (2/5/11 10:55 AM) reply + / -
After reading http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/42029#2 ,resetting the printer and cleaning the encoder strip to no avail, I took a close look at the service station and the sled. The sled was working, but not moving easily when pushed back and forth by hand, and the carriage jam error was occurring as the cartridges were trying to leave the service station. Under a bright light it was apparent that the sled was covered with a thick film of gooey ink. Cleaning all the goo off of the edges of the sled and out of the tracks it slides in (on each side) seems to have cleared it up.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by ashling kelly (2/9/11 2:56 AM) reply + / -
hp officejet 6210 all in one wont print in colour it just stopped printing colour a while back and nothing seems to help it? I have checked the cartridges and even replaced them & still nothing?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by thend (3/24/11 12:36 PM) reply + / -
Hp officejet 6210 full software page
http://driverswin.com/6210-officejet-driver/

Re: Carriage jam by reechard (4/25/11 11:03 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for all of the information. I did the reset unplug # and 3 and plug in reset and it didn't work. after reading more posts, I looked at the cartridge service station trays under the carriage. Black side had a BIG build-up of rubbery ink. removed that and printer seems to be working for now. Also noticed while cleaning the encoder strip that the strip is damager on the left side bottom of strip. Probably just a matter of time. Thanks again for all of the posts, as HP tech sucks.

Officejet 6210- 'check color cartridge' message by careh (4/27/11 8:49 PM) reply + / -
I had a 'check color cartridge' message and the unit would not work.

I tried various fixes - cleaning the cartridge contacts, doing a # 6 reset trying to print with just the B&W cartridge.

None worked.

Then I tried the # 3 and voila!! - problem fixed.

Thanks for posting the fix.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by careh (4/27/11 8:53 PM) reply + / -
I was getting 'check color cartridge' and had tried other fixes - cleaning the cartridge contacts, doing a # 6 reset - neither worked.

Then I found this post - did a # 3 and voila! the printer is working again.

Thanks for the fix.

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by 6210cartridgesnotpri (6/29/11 12:50 PM) reply + / -
My HP Officejet 6210 will not print.
It looks like its printing and sounds like its printing,
but all that comes out is blank paper.
Any ideas

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by 6210cartridgesnotpri (6/29/11 12:50 PM) reply + / -
My HP Officejet 6210 will not print.
It looks like its printing and sounds like its printing,
but all that comes out is blank paper.
Any ideas

HP Officejet 6210 not printing by denden (7/18/11 10:44 AM) reply + / -
Attempts to print, either from the computer or using the copy function resulted in error 0xb 9000112165:hw-interrupt. After reset (described here-#+3, #+6, or #+9) unit goes through its normal startup after reset until alignment, when it attempts to align the cartridges but no ink appears on the paper; it then goes to self-test, then repeats the alignment attempt. This loop continues forever. I have cleaned the cartridges as described here an in the user manual. Suggestions?

Re: HP Officejet 6210 remove and check ink cartrid by nsparlin (9/18/11 7:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi folks -
I am getting a persistent error message
"remove and check black ink cartridge" or
"remove and check color cartridge" or
"remove and check ink cartridge".

Cartridges are clean, contacts are clean. The color is HP brand, the black is not but has been working just fine for several months. I have tried #3, #6 and #9. No luck.
What should I try next?

Re: HP Officejet 6210- paper jam by scmu54 (10/3/11 1:34 PM) reply + / -
Greetings

We're having problems with the paper feed and it looks like a physical blockage inside the printer. Can this be fixed?

Symptom: it feeds at a crooked angle, going toward the right.

Obeservation: Watching from the front we can see that the roller on the right-hand side works correctly and the paper begins to feed correctly. But it then seems to hit something on the left-hand side. The right-hand roller continues to feed, but at an angle. It looks like a physical obstruction on the left side, inside the printer. (all the paper that gets jammed has some special mark on the top of the left-hand side of the paper, as if it's being physically blocked).

Attempted workarounds: tried it lots of paper or just one sheet. Same results.

Any thoughts? I tried to access via the back door but can't open the door). Thoughts? thanks

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by moospal (10/26/11 4:03 PM) reply + / -
Error msg: Remove and check color cartridge. Did so and all seemed OK (clean & proper fit). Tried to turn off printer. Msg: Shutting down. But nothing happened for 10 min. It stayed on.
Unplugged it at machine. Waited and replugged it. Started up. Msg: Initializing. Then the color cartridge msg again. Went through the above cycle 3 times. Same results. Finally tried 4th time and machine shut down. Did try #3 during these cycles but did nothing. FIrst and only time it has failed me in 10 yrs.
Any ideas??

Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by Ruchi (12/22/11 12:56 AM) reply + / -
Power switch,not turning off,screen says shutting down.
Paper is jammed and printer not functioning,What to do? please help.

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210 by Quickspeed987 (3/4/12 3:21 AM) reply + / -
ive tried these steps i dont know what else to do. the ink cartridge carrier just gets stuck. ive yet to figure out a solution. help is greatly appreciated

HP Officejet 6210- problem copying and scannin by MollyG (4/23/12 7:51 AM) reply + / -
When I try to scan (or copy) half of the sheet is black. Does anyone know what might cause that? I tried testing the scan without a document, and the scan comes out half black. All lights seem to be working on the scanner bar, as it scans. Black half is half closest to front. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks, Molly

Re: Re: HP Officejet 6210- repeated by alvin e thomas (10/22/12 1:34 PM) reply + / -
SPRAY THE CARRIAGE WITH FOAM CLEANER FROM ANTISTATIC SCREEN & KYBD CLEANER....

HP Officejet 6210 - Prints OK, shifts copy image by Columbia1 (4/4/13 11:33 AM) reply + / -
In print mode it works without a problem, but in (black) copy mode it shifts the entire image towards the top of the paper about 3/4", effectively reducing the top margin. The 3 + # routine did nothing.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters