fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

canon pixma ip5000

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

canon pixma ip5000 by kaza (12/25/05 8:47 PM) reply + / -
Printer is less than a year old and it will not print cyan color.I was sent a new print cartridge that worked for 5 weeks and back to the same problem.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by tom1com (1/17/06 6:56 AM) reply + / -
I have had the same problem with 5 canon printers i865, pixma ip 3000 and the pixma ip 5000, being the latest

Canon will not admit there is a problem with cyan but it is the same on all.

If desprate hold the print head over a steaming kettle take care not to scald yourself. The ink will run out of the bottom of the printhead just dab on a piece of paper towel, when you see blue you will have cleaned it. I dont know if this will do any long term damage to printhead but it has worked three times for me

hope this helps
Tom

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (1/17/06 4:05 PM) reply + / -
Thanks,Tom.
Because the printer is less than a year old, they have replaced the printhead twice. So far the latest one is working but who knows for how long. Of course I was told no one else has ever had that problem but I said I found a lot of people over the internet did. And they try to blame it on cartridges being refilled but then why only a problem with cyan?
I just have a question--why 5 canon printers? or is it at work where you have no say over the purchase?
kaza

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Usksider (2/19/06 1:49 AM) reply + / -
I have a similar problem with a PIXMA iP6000D - except no magenta. Frustrating in the extreme.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (2/19/06 9:45 AM) reply + / -
It is very frustrating and I won't be buying a Canon printer again!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by ricknguyen (2/19/06 12:14 PM) reply + / -
Did you turn off power to the printer? Once the power is off and the printer not used for days, the ink will dry up and acting like glue that will clog up the nozzle. Since the pixma ink worked on heat that required the power always on. I owned 4 Canons pixma mp360, mp370, mp130, mp1500, they all had the same problem and they were fixed with water soaking procedure as I posted and discribed in privious posts for mp390. You may type in search section ( canon mp390 ), and read those posts, and you will be surprised how it is simple to do. By the way, all my printers now are running on cheap inks 50 cents a piece and printing like original for over 6 months. I do replace the ink tank as soon as it show the printer is low on ink. Hope you will fix yours and email me if you will.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by kaza (2/19/06 5:33 PM) reply + / -
I never turn the printer off. And the problem would literally start before your eyes. Half a page would be perfect and the second half would have no blue. A new print head fixed the problem. But if I have that problem again, I will certainly try the water soaking method.
Thanks

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Usksider (2/19/06 11:01 PM) reply + / -
Rick:

I can't find the post you refer to (soaking procedure). Maybe it's expired? Can you post details of how you cleaned the nozzles again please?

Thanks.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Forbes (3/6/06 1:49 PM) reply + / -
Pixma ip5000 suddenly started producing photoprints in shades of green.When print heads realigned colours accurate but obvious vertical banding ( in landscape ).It seems I get either banding or colour distortion.Imaging program checked and no evidence of problem there. Could it be a driver problem? Replacing ink tanks with new does not solve problem. Any suggestions would be welcome

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by sp (4/18/06 12:27 PM) reply + / -
Did anybody knows how to reseat on Canon Pixma 5000 :TANK FULL ERROR"?????

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (4/20/06 2:49 PM) reply + / -
I've had the same problem with Canon printheads on three models including the i865 and ip500 BUT IT only happens for me with the yellow ink; it never happens with Cyan or any other colour!
You wonder if it is deliberate?
Most home users, who don't refill their cartridges, probably take two years to print the volume that I might print in one day.
Currently, with a new printhead straight out of the box, I have printed 800 pages of text and pictures and the yellow is starting to fail. This corresponds to two refills. Most 'normal' people would buy one refill per year, unless they are into digital photos. They then think that they have got a good run out of their printer as several models have come out in the meantime so the printer is an obsolete model. But it is not obsolete as far as usage goes. I can make mine 'obsolete' with one day's use!
I think it is deliberately built-in obsolescence.
I've tried all the recommmended methods of clearing the heads: pumping hot water, solvent, steam, electric toothbrush etc, but nothing really works.
An extended warranty does work!
You get a free head from Canon, but you sure get sick of driving your printer back to the store.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (7/3/06 5:26 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem...did you ever get a solution?

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (11/24/06 10:39 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem losing Cyan on my canon printers. I have two pixma 3000s and an MP780. They all lose Cyan. I believe my problem is related directly to poorly manufactured inks sold through re-inks.com. I was refilling my ink cartridges more about a year with no problems. Then I bought some more ink and bingo, I started losing cyan on all three printers. To me it appears to be a problem with ink viscosity. The cyan is a thicker ink. I can tell because when I refill the inks the magenta leaks all over if I don't seal the cartridges just perfect. It is the thinnest ink. Yellow is normal, and cyan doesn't ever seem to run. I have tried unclogging the print heads using a variety of methods. Not much luck though. My advice is don't use fake ink for Cyan. Bite the bullet and order Canon genuine for cyan.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by dr.ink (11/24/06 10:38 PM) reply + / -
A fault like this sounds like an issue with electrical contacts. The total failure to print one colour especially suggests this as blocked print heads often leave a few lines working.

It may be worth checking to see if any connections to the print head have worked loose. Consider unplugging where you can and reseating. Sadly, I have never seen this model so can offer only general suggestions...

Dr.Ink

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by plong1 (12/8/06 2:18 PM) reply + / -
I recently bought a used Canon ip5000.I unpluged the printhead with some effort & have good test patterns and pictures except on
the leading edge right hand side as you look at printed page there are black ink blots and streaks down about half the page.It is most dramatic on the printhead alignment printout but does not occur at all on print test pattern.I have only started to troubleshoot this-there does seem to be excess black ink on the bottom of the printhead.The only other unusual thing is the printer always gives an error message on automatic printhead alignment-i have to do alignment manually.Anyone have comments or suggestions.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by brian163 (12/16/06 9:06 PM) reply + / -
I loved my ip5000 until just about this week. Started suffering the same problem you describe. Normal repeated cleaning cycles didn't help so I tried the advanced method of using a can of compressed air to blow out the ink transfer pads on the print head (into a trash can, what a mess) but it didn't help either. So I ordered a new print head (#QY6-0057 FYI) for ~$52 inc. shipping from a company in CA. (Watch out for most vendors selling them for $80 or more.) I'm assuming this will clear up the problem but I've also read complaints about the "planned obsolescence" of the print head cleaning mechanism so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This printer did a great job of printing standard prints and I was particularly impressed with how well the ink held up as I print rather infrequently (no more than a few times a month).

In the mean time, you may want to go into the printers settings (via your software) and try the "Prevent paper abrasion" setting. It reduces quality a bit but seems to cut down streaking.

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by brian163 (12/20/06 11:09 AM) reply + / -
FYI, this is where I found the print head. I haven't received it yet but the seller has a good rating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220049805197

Re: Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (1/2/07 2:46 PM) reply + / -
I ordered an received a new printhead from Inkcessories-cost $46 + shipping.I received a factory sealed new printhead.I had some difficulty in getting any print which is strange because the old printhead was printing perfect test patterns( only problem was the smearing of black on full page prints-upper right corner).I eventually got the ink flowing through the new printhead and got the same result as the old printhead-very good printing but black smears on the right.

I have not found any suggested fixes but I did take off the cover and clean the park pads on the right and the other foam pad on the left. If it is not the printhead what else could it be? I have one theory.It may be the waste ink pad at the bottom of the printhead track is saturated any excess ink is noy be drained away from the head when on in use ( in park position)This may result in too much ink left on the head which wipes off on the start of a new printed page. I dont know why it happens top right instead of top left.When I find more details on the waste pad removal and replacement I think I will try cleaning it.THis is the only step I can think of that might help.

If you have any success let me know

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by RickHeather (1/2/07 4:03 PM) reply + / -
ip5000 is about a year old the power light flashes and will not power down when you press on off switch. When I try plugged in or unplugged the cartrige tray will not move into center to take out cartriges.What am I doin wrong? Or what is wrong with the Printer?

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by 87vert (1/2/07 4:17 PM) reply + / -
how many flashes on the power light it should have a sequenece. It usually means a hardware failure. Does it make any noise or seem like the cartridge's will move?

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (1/4/07 5:01 PM) reply + / -
Every once in awhile it will blink once. when I press the power button it flashes continuously but wont power down. And there seems to be no sound what so ever. with the cartriges. sound like its a lemon?

Same CYAN problem with IP5000! by mikengray (2/17/07 8:21 AM) reply + / -
Wow, this sounds very similar to my problem. I bought the cheaper ink from ClickInks and my Cyan isn't working. When I do deep cleaning, the Cyan is showing up with a broken pattern on the first row and no color on the second Cyan row. I'll try some of the suggestions in this thread---I used to have my printer on all the time, but will shut it off for a few days to see if that resolves my issue. If that doesn't work, I'll try the soak method mentioned.

For those of you that mentioned the problem using the ClickInks Cyan, did your problem go away once you switched back to Canon inks? Don't know if we can post links on here, but I scanned in the output of a test print here:
http://home.orbitelcom.com/mikengray/cyanscan.jpg

I've read online other places that the cheaper inks can fry the print heads because they allow them to get too hot. Don't know if I've permanently fried my cyan print head, but I wanted to see if any other users out there are seeing the same thing.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
-Mike Gray

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by darren01274 (edited 4/3/07 12:54 PM) reply + / -
Hi i have used this printer for a while now and just come into problems with printhead etc, i thought it was no good and about to throw it away i tried steaming it etc over a kettle only to find it worked for a number of days and then not print certain colours, this worked for me try at your own risk!!

Take out cartridges and the printhead clean of all excess ink, then turn the print head upside down there you will see two silver screws, undo the screws and carefully pull up the front edge of the print head but be carfull not to break the ribbon cable and glue etc.

Now the Printing part of the head is loose hold it up to the light so the white bit is facing you if you hold this up to light you should be able to see through the holes where the ink comes out this on mine was blocked thick with magenta, wash this under the tap till you cant see any colour ink through the holes and you can see light,if you cant wash away the blocked ink get some alcholol cleaning solution(cassete deck cleaning fluid will do) and pour it over the white part over the holes and leave it for a few minutes.

Then wash it under the tap hold it to the light again if all is clear, next take of the rubber bit wear the print head sits wash that under tap also the small jets, get a needle and gently place in the black plastic jets to make sure nothing is clogged there, then rinse where the cartridge sits you will be suprised at how much ink comes out once everything is clear gently dry everything making sure you dont tear the printhead and ribbon put back screw it together.

And now you should have a fully working printhead so far i have done this on ip5000 and mp800.

With amazing results!!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Phluem (4/29/07 9:46 PM) reply + / -
My silly mistake:

My pixma 5000 was neither printing yellow nor magenta, so all my print jobs had a blue hue. I tried replacing the cartridges and used the printer utilites to clean, align, etc. Nothing worked. Then I went through the advanced options and found that the "monochrome effects" box was checked with a color of blue selected. I unchecked the box, and now all is fine.

I used that setting to get a duotone effect a while back. I guess I had printed black and white only for a while so never noticed.

It seems to remeber that setting forever- so just a note to look at you other settings if it doesn't seem to be a mechanical thing as described above...

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (5/13/07 1:25 AM) reply + / -
Hi there, would you be able to provide the link to your water soaking method please, I have a 5000 that has been sitting idle for sometime and the black is clogged.. many thanks in advance

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by somina (5/13/07 12:09 PM) reply + / -
I suppose it's this one http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/32640#13

let me know how did it go...

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by mikengray (8/10/07 10:19 AM) reply + / -
So I tried all the methods posted here (dipping the print head in boiling water, spraying it out with compressed air, etc.) None of this seemed to work for me. I finally threw in the towel and purchased a new print head for about $45. I bought only genuine Canon ink and it now works just like new again!! So my suggestions to all are if the printhead cleaning doesn't work, get a new print head for it and use ONLY Canon ink. Good luck all!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 *TIP* by brian163 (edited 8/10/07 11:46 AM) reply + / -
A follow up to my "bought a new print head" response last December. I've had no additional streaking problems with my replacement print head. I've always used Canon ink so I don't think that is the difference, however...

Having read various insight on this topic (particularly Neil Slade's "Keep Your Head Clean" section of http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff.html ), it would seem the prime suspect in these situations is the infrequency at which I typically print, particularly in full color. For example, Neil stressed the importance of printing at least once a day.

So I decided to compromise on that suggestion and print in full color at least once a week. So I poked around the internet for a good color test page in PDF (postscript) format. (I like the "2 color sample test sheet" available at http://suda.co.uk/projects/color/ ). But I didn't want to have to remember to print it at a regular interval so I let my Mac do it for me. (Sorry Windows users, I'm sure you could accomplish something similar using scheduler or other cron equivalent but I don't have the patience to provide the instructions here. And it's likely similarly easy for Linux/Unix folk.)

(The following instructions are for those OS X (10.4 tested) users comfortable with doing things in "Terminal" app:)

1) Place test print document in a specific location. I used /Users/Shared/Canon/PrintTest-2Color.pdf
2) Open Terminal.
3) crontab -e
4) Add a line like:

0 8 * * 7 lpr -P iP5000 /Users/Shared/Canon/PrintTest-2color.pdf

and save and quit (hit < colon > key, type wq! ). (That's it!)

This line essentially says that every Sunday, at 8:00am the lpr binary will spool the PrintTest-2color.pdf document to my printer named "IP5000". (Of course you may have to adjust the printer name and document path as necessary and frequency as you see fit.)

[BTW, if it's not obvious to novice users you can test the command itself by entering the "lpr -P..." part directly at the Terminal prompt. Then you don't have to wait until the set time to find out if it works.]

It may "waste" a bit of ink but I believe it has made the difference in preventing the print head from succombing to "dried ink" syndrome. And 6 months later my new print head is still printing as well as the day I installed it. (And so I'm still loving the flexibility- good text and color photo prints- of this Canon model!)

Hope this idea helps some others. Good luck!

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (11/14/07 5:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I had the "ink absorbtion pad almost full" message come up on my Pixma iP5000. I seem to have fixed it by using the "Canon iP4000 waste tank full reset code" which appears on "fixyourownprinter.com".

The instructions go as follows:-

1. Turn off printer.
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press Resume button 4 times.
7. Press Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.

Good Luck, it worked for me!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by alpheus (1/16/08 11:54 AM) reply + / -
got my pixma 5000 just hours ago...im novice so if some of you could help me ....
problem no.1-both green and orange lights flash (heard orange flashes only when ink tanks had been unproperly mounted)
problem no.2-the driver does not recognize the printer ....tried it on both xp based pc and vista .....
problem no.1-finally the problem may be alignment...after instaling the software it gives me some error refusing to align after clicking on EXECUTE...error code something like 5087...

pls. if anyone has past experience or knows something answer me....im desperate wether sending back for waranty replacement!
thanks a lot.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by pixie (1/21/08 4:47 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for your post. I was so frustrated with my ip5000 not printing black that I threw caution to the wind and soaked the printhead and ran in under the tap...as is! I was so impatient and ticked off that I rushed the job and just washed it without removing any parts, screws etc. I couldn't believe the ink that came out of it!! No wonder it wouldn't print! I obviously ensured it was totally blow dried before putting back in the printer. Whole process took about 20 minutes. My printer has never worked better! No harm done...working great! Can't believe how many cartridges I wasted...gRRR!

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (1/21/08 6:43 PM) reply + / -
no problem. I am an enviromental freak,and not believe in wasting any thing especially electronic junks. I am glad that your printer was rescued from being dumped. I am very happy that many people have saved their printer, and money, and our land fill. Good luck....

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (3/27/08 1:24 PM) reply + / -
This is my 4th n last Print Head (I m going to throw away printer when this print head fails). Every time, I had same issue of "No Magenta" after using printhead for about 2-3 months. Print quality is great. I m using refill kit from Sams club and I guess that's a problem too. With the last printhead, I m planning to stick to Canon Ink only.

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (4/20/08 8:01 AM) reply+1 + / -
This was the best explanation in English of how to reset the codes for a "ink absorbtion pad almost full" message. I tried to understand about 3 others whose poor explanation and wording made it impossible. Thank you. It worked.

Your instructions:
1. Turn off printer.

Regarding clogged printheads, I have also found that if you use the cleaning solution that comes with the refill kits directly on the part of the cartride where the ink comes out, then run the cleaning utility software several times, you can unclog even a printer that has dried out. When I refill, I usually add a drop of that solution directly on the pad connection as well. I have also cleaned the printhead with it without disassembling anything.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by downunder2008 (4/24/08 4:11 PM) reply + / -
HI,

I have been trying to find out how to do a manual print head alignment as I keep getting the error that I need to do one when i try to done one thru the printer properties. I have searched the manual from canon but can't find the instructions. Help would be great. as my yellow is coming out green and my cyan is not printing at all.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (6/20/08 4:01 PM) reply + / -
will npt [romt, is off colorppripnt, off color

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (7/6/08 9:16 AM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem with the power button and printhead not moving to the centre. I also cannot change my paper feed.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by jomorono (7/16/08 1:01 AM) reply + / -
My printer keeps sending message error 5700. I have just moved and haven't located the manuals! Can anyone help explain what this is? The prompt says to switch off and turn on again. This does not good. There appears to be no paper jam and planty of ink although when I open the 'lid' the ink cartridges do not slide to the centre as they should.

HELP!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 please help by MTHUTT (9/5/08 4:29 AM) reply + / -
Hi i have a canon ip5000 printer that is not printing at all.
It was printing fine then just stopped.I have had a problem with the print head,that was in the black ink cartridge,I have cleaned it and it worked fine for a few months.
But this time it has stopped so i just bought a new print head thinking it would fix it ,BUT NO i still have the same problem.
I have replaced the print head and all the ink,it all seams fine but just does not print on the paper,it just spits out nice white paper with no ink.
Can anyone please help .thanks

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by BennyJ (1/17/09 11:01 AM) reply + / -
My ip5000 will not print color at all. On the test pattern I get the Large Black and that is all. Has anyone had this problem or any ideas for me. BJ

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by veronica130 (1/19/09 11:33 AM) reply + / -
can someone help me with an 6A00 code?
Orange light is flashing 12 times.

manual only addresses 11 flashes.

Pressing the power/resume buttons does not work.
Thanks

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by davidhit (1/19/09 12:58 PM) reply + / -
 Sounds serious: I would recommend a new printer I think. The IP4500 OR IP4300 are superior and you can still fit Inkspeed Continous Ink systems (see youtube demo) to them despite chips.

2-2. Service Call Errors (by LED Blinking in Orange and Green Alternately, or Lit in Orange)  
LED alternate blinking in orange and green  
Error [Error code] Solution 
*1: Before replacement of the logic board ass'y, check the waste ink amount (by service test print or EEPROM information print). If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, also replace the bottom case unit (QM2-1205) or the ink absorbers (QC1-4222 / 4223 / 4224 / 4263 / 4264 / 4864 / 4221 / 4257) when replacing the logic board ass'y. [See Section 3 -3. Adjustment / Settings, (6) Service mode, for details.]  
*2: Reset the waste ink counter when replacing the bottom case unit. [See Section 3 -3. Adjustment / Settings, (6) Service mode, for details.]  
(Replacement of listed parts, which are likely to be faulty)  
2 times  Carriage error [5100]  - Carriage unit (QM2-1209)   - Timing slit strip film (QC1-4284)  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
  - Carriage motor (QK1-0545)  
3 times  Paper feed error [6000]  - Timing sensor unit (QM2-1213)   - Timing slit disk film (QC1-4833)  - Feed roller ass'y (QL2-0598)   - Platen unit (QM2-1215)   - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
  - PAPER FEED MOTOR (QK1-0550)  
4 times  Purge unit error [5C00]  - Purge unit (QM2-1210)   - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
5 times  ASF (cam) sensor error [5700]  - Sheet feed unit (QM2-1220) 

6 times  Internal temperature error [5400]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

7 times  Waste ink absorber full [5B00]  - Ink absorber (QC1-4222 / 4223 / 4224 / 4263 / 4264 / 4864 / 4221 / 4257) 
- Bottom case unit (QM2-1205)

8 times  Print head temperature rise error [5200]  - Print head (QY6-0049)   - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

9 times  EEPROM error [6800]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

11 times  Carriage lift mechanism error [5110]  - Lift shaft(QC1-4331)   - Photo interrupter (WG8-5624)  - Sheet feed unit (QM2-1220)   - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
12 times  AP position error [6A00]  - Sheet feed unit (QM2-1220)  

- Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
13 times  Paper feed position error [6B00]  - Sheet feed unit (QM2-1220)  

14 times  Paper feed cam sensor error [6B10]  - Sheet feed unit (QM2-1220)  

15 times  USB Host VBUS overcurrent [9000]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

16 times  Valve sensor error [6C00]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

17 times  Motor driver error [6D00]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

20 times  Other hardware error [6500]  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)
Continuous alternate blinking  

ROM error  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

Lights in orange  RAM error  - Logic board ass'y (QM2-1548)

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by patrick_au (2/28/09 10:31 PM) reply + / -
HELLO DAVID
im just wondering if i could possibly fix my printer ...its an ip5000 and its flashing orange 5 times....
any suggestion would be much appreciated.
patrick

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Simon Brown (3/7/09 1:16 AM) reply + / -
Had the same thing happen to me. For the last 2 or 3 months, on standard print mine has been printing stripey - one band in full print, one band under printed, then repeated, each band about 5mm wide. Spoke to a printer engineer who told me it was the printhead which was dying.

Now it's doing the 5 orange flashes thing - I cleaned the printhead and contacts with isopropyl alchohol but it makes no difference, it's gone. I guess the same thing has happened to you now. It's a pain because the printers Canon makes now have special chips in to stop you using "compatible" cartridges. You need a new printhead though there is no guarantee that this won't happen again. I'm off to replace my IP5000 after 4 years of dedicated service - and I've thrashed it, so I had my money's worth :)

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Gerard_Dirks (3/7/09 8:04 AM) reply + / -
Hello

My iP5000 gives a 16 time blinking orange error. My Software tell me I have a error 6C00.

When i look in the internet this tells me it is a "valve sensor error", but no idea what this means and how to solve.

I hadn't use the printer for 2 months now. first i got an error with 11 or 12 blinking oranges codes. I take out the printhead and put in new cartridges. Then everything seems normal till I start the first print job :-(

Any suggestions
Regards
GĂ©rard

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Brian Behm (12/2/09 11:50 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I've got a Pixma iP5000 that recently gave me the waste ink pad error. I took the printer apart and cleaned each of the pads and let them dry. Now that I've finally got the unit put back together and working (I installed the pads wrong at first and pressure was keeping something from moving), it's telling me that the printer tray isn't open but it very clearly is. Is there some sensor that I may have accidentally bumped and where might I look to find it?

Thanks!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by john harders (1/6/10 10:13 PM) reply + / -
Re the Pixma ip5000, I am wondering if anybody has refilled the large black tank (BCI-3eBK)with regular black ink? I am tired of the costly refills and mostly print (not often)in black and white so black is really all I need. It is currently telling me that all tanks are empty and they appear about 1/4 full.

Thanks for any help.
John.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (1/13/10 5:11 PM) reply + / -
I've had this printer for a few years and loved it until 2 days ago. Suddenly no colour would print. Head allignment + test pages only printed black

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by bazlives (1/21/10 9:40 PM) reply + / -
Hobbicolors have bulk pigment ink for the BCI-3eBK cartridge..I use it and recommend it

canon pixma ip6000d error 6C00 by jeani (1/24/10 3:51 PM) reply + / -
I have a canon pixma ip6000d. I have had it 3 years with no problems until about a month ago. They photo cyan slot seemed to be stopped up so I took the print head out .. cleaned it.. replaced the ink tank thinking it may have dried up since I hadn't used it in awhile.. no luck. Was going to buy a new print head .. turned the printer on just to double check the printing... now I am getting an error code 6C00. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanksl

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (2/3/10 10:52 AM) reply + / -
Canon Pixma ip5000

Ok there are two overflows so chances are it is the first one that is almost full please try this

* With the printer plugged in and powered off, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button, then press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED light should be green to indicate that a function is selectable.).

* While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.).

* While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.).

* When the LED light is green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.).

* Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the reset is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.).

* Press the power button to exit service mode.

Note : If you accidentally press the Resume/Cancel button more than 4 times in step 4 then just press the Resume/Cancel button at least 10 times and the printer will be returned to step 4 automatically

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by jeani7 (2/3/10 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Thanks!!! That worked!! :o)

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by kiwidanny (4/9/10 5:16 AM) reply + / -
wow

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (4/15/10 3:21 AM) reply + / -
power light flasing

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Anonymous (4/16/10 10:55 PM) reply + / -
I have had a Canon Pixma 5000 for over five years now and sadly have had the Print heads replaced under warranty twice
However on reading some posts here its also the Purge Unit as they call it, The Tow Lil Grayish Pads that sit at the right had side where the carriage rests that holds the Printheads...
After reading this Forum I have just cleaned the tow lil Blighters with Window Cleaner and Guess what??? A Five year problem of not Printing the Black Pigment based Text (3EBK) is solved...wow= what a Tip....

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by markerthomsen (5/4/10 3:27 PM) reply + / -
Hello I have this printer and have been very pleased with it. Now there are items that the printer can not cope. When I do print head alignment, then turns to the regions A and G did not print, but I can not see how to correct it.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by ays (6/2/10 6:20 PM) reply + / -
My printer has developed this error also. I know it's been awhile since you posted regarding this but did you find a solution to this problem?

Re: Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by ays (6/2/10 6:25 PM) reply + / -
I must apologise. my previous post referred to the following post from patrick au:

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by patrick_au (2/28/09 10:31 PM) reply + / -
HELLO DAVID
im just wondering if i could possibly fix my printer ...its an ip5000 and its flashing orange 5 times....
any suggestion would be much appreciated.
patrick

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by ljames57 (7/27/10 7:35 AM) reply + / -
I just replaced all my ink and performed tests and cleanings and the only colors printing are black and yellow. I checked that all ink cartridges are in correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: canon pixma ip5000 service error 5200 by pwsers (12/6/10 11:32 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys
First appearance . I was looking for some help on a service error message that was appearing on my Canon IP5000 . The error quoted 5200. I found some advice posted by an anonymous contributor but it worked a treat. So just to refresh the forum as it wasnt under the IP5000 heading , if anyone comes across the issue again the below instructions sorted me out

Your instructions:
1. Turn off printer.

Bingo

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by limot (4/2/11 7:30 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
Noticed most of messages are 2010. Is this forum still active?
My iP5000 has the five "yellow" blinking lites. Has this problem been solved? Tried "Anonymous" instructions. In step 5, it does not stay "green", but goes back to the five blinking "yellow" lights. Also tried cleaning the printheads. That does not change anything. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know where to buy printheads at a reasonable price, not $140.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by karen Zaborniak (4/3/11 8:20 AM) reply + / -
I had so much trouble with my canon pixma that I gave up and bought an HP.
Printers have become so cheap , that it is the ink that is expensive.

Re: Re: canon pixma ip5000 by tony lim (4/4/11 5:50 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Karen,

I already have two HP printers and they are working properly.
I keep the Canon because it is the only printer that can print double sided automatically.
The newest HP printer advertised it can print couble sided, but when I tried it, it can only do it manually.
If I can fix the Canon at a reasonable price, I will keep it, otherwise I will junk it also.

tony

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by frustrated lady (4/6/11 6:42 PM) reply + / -
I have had my ip5000 for several years but suddenly it will not print any photos at all. It prints test pages perfectly. Heads aren't clogged, ink is fine, word docs print fine, and other programs as well. Just pics wont print!! HELLLPPP!!!!!

canon pixma ip5000 by tony lim (4/7/11 3:16 PM) reply + / -
WOW, that is frustrating.
If it is just photos that is not printing, it sounds like your printer lost communication with your photo input. Check to see if the printer is receiving the photo information.
Wish I can check this feature on my printer, but when the flashing orange lites up, nothing works on the printer. I can't even do a test page printing.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by joyce cockle (6/2/11 9:06 AM) reply + / -
My printer doesn't print out good pictures anymore. I have cleaned it and still the same problem. Black is not vibrant and at the end of printing it leaves 2 color bars a pale color and blue purple.Hope this can be corrected as I like my printer.

Printhead for Canon pixma ip5000 - QY6-0057 by Effe (8/30/11 5:05 PM) reply + / -
I've tried for days to clean the printhead but it doesn't work.
Must be damaged. I have looked almost everywhere to buy a new printhead. The part no is QY6-0057 and Canon has since long ago stopped to fabricate this spare part. I have almost given up.

Maybe you know a store somewhere in the world from where I can buy? Your tip is much appreichiated.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by nessychick (8/31/11 12:18 AM) reply + / -
hey guys i just got a new print head, but now its clogged. Ive cleaned it with rubbing alcohol as told by canon, but now its only printing magenta and cyan can anyone help me get all colours going again would be greatly appreciated. also my printer wont align. help someone please

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by riscosdave (9/16/11 2:54 PM) reply + / -
My Pixma ip5000 doesn't respond at all to any of 3 computers that I have tried. When first switched on it does its little cleaning routine, but doesn't respond to any computer commands.

canon pixma ip5000 by jaimon (9/18/11 6:40 PM) reply + / -
Had this canon pixma printer for 2 years, had no problems until today, the printer's light was orange then it blinked couldnt turn off. i had to pull off the plug to turn it oof. after plugging it back to the wall socket it nnever turned on , no light at all i tried to switch the wires but still didnt work. need help.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by farrah45 (11/19/11 9:05 AM) reply + / -
How do I remove the print head to perform this procedure talked about in this thread?

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Tom Leeks (1/7/12 5:13 AM) reply + / -
my ip5000 prints pictures with a green tinge. Is there a solution?

Re: canon pixma ix4000 by hzinjiba (2/23/12 12:16 AM) reply + / -
my canon pixma ix4000 flashes alternately green and amber and the printhead will not move. I have measured the output from the power supply unit and am getting 7V and 9V where i am supposed to get 27 and 32 volts respectively. Could this be the cause of the problem. Can someone assist

HZ

Canon Pixma iP5000 by WB (9/9/12 11:21 PM) reply + / -
I've had an iP5000 from several years, and the 4000 before that. I refill my own cartridges. I was so impressed by the printer that I bought a spare and 2 new heads, just in case, but I'm still running the original machine with its original head.

About 6 months ago it started printing CD labels with weak colours and pale blue instead of black, but printed on paper normally. Very strange. I use the Canon CD label printing software that came with the printer.

Every now and then the head clogs and I rinse it under running water from the drinking water filter. It then runs fine until it sits unused for a few days.

However, just recently it started printing CD labels OK, but on photos and documents on paper (MS Word), the colours are weak and there are horizontal bands through everything as if it isn't printing from all jets. Further rinsing doesn't fix it. I switched to the head from the spare printer, and this made no difference. The spare head has been clean and sealed in a zip-lock plastic bag with a piece of damp sponge since the spare printer was bought.

I'm reluctant to install one of the new heads until I'm sure what the problem is.

Has anyone had this problem?

Canon Pixma iP5000 by WB (edited 9/18/12 5:07 PM) reply + / -
I tried using clean CISS tanks filled with filtered water and running the printer through a number of heavy print runs for all colours, and that didn't fix the problem, so I reluctantly installed one of my new print-heads. Now it prints like new again, so it was obviously just a permanently blocked or worn out head and the used spare I tried was, coincidentally, in exactly the same condition thus making it seem that the fault lay elsewhere.

If I get as much use out of the new one as I did the original, I'll be very happy.

Re: canon pixma ip4700 by Ndofaya (9/18/12 11:14 AM) reply + / -
cis ink floods on to the paper

Re: Re: canon pixma ip4700 by WB (9/18/12 5:09 PM) reply + / -
Is this a newly installed CISS?
You don't have the supply tanks sitting too high do you?

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by ADL (3/12/13 1:33 PM) reply + / -

I have an iP5000 I use in duplex mode. Just recently it has started feeding more than one sheet into the transport mechanism (subsequent sheets seem to fall behind the leading sheet and get carried in). In duplex mode this means that the sensor picks up a longer-than-expected sheet and the print job fails.

Nothing broken as far as I can tell - the machine has not moved for years - is there something that needs cleaning or has this just worn out?

Thanks.

Re: canon pixma ip5000 by Foxrose (11/5/13 9:47 PM) reply + / -
I love my "old" canon Pixma iP5000 but the small black ink feed died on me today, killing the entire printer. I'm hard pressed to abandon it because I still have a good supply unused of ink cartridges.

Following the instructions in 'fixyourownprinter,' I pulled out the print head and really cleaned it out with alcohol & q-tips and darned if it's not working perfectly.

Thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters