fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Montanelas (12/22/05 4:07 PM) reply+2 + / -
i've try all codes for canon printers on this forum and this method works:
1 - press resume button and then press power button
2 - realese the resume button and press 2 more times then realese both
3 - press and release resume 4 times and power 2 times...

I hope that this help...

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Sleepwalker (1/1/06 9:18 PM) reply-1 + / -
Hi Montanelas,

you are my Hero!!!

First I`ve opened my printer, cleaned the waste Ink Tank and were so happy that the printer responsed. But a few days later the printer didn't do anything and I thought I have to buy a new one.
But you are my hero who saved me!!! My printer workes fine again!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Sleep

(sorry for my poor english, I'm german!!! ;-#)

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by cfc (7/22/06 12:19 AM) reply + / -
is there somebody that can help me!!!
i have tried several ip 2000 code on the forum but, no restter seems to work. this is where it stops:
1. press resume buttom and then power,
2.pelease power and press resume 4 times, orange,green,orange,green release both buttons
3.press power once or twice,
Now here is the problem, the power light stays on green, no reponds on the power button!!
please help me! this printer is my bread and butter!

thanking you all for a wonderfull forum

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by jazzcircle (8/8/06 12:10 PM) reply + / -
I have a Canon ip2000

Is There a "Initialize to Factory Settings"
procedure anyone knows about?

(I used the Waste Ink Container reset message
I've found here - Seemed to have worked, but now I have a different problem:

I keep getting a 'Two Flashes' message
*Orange-Green; orange-green" pause - repeat

The Quick Start Guide says that means 'Out of Paper'
But that's not the case

Pressing RESUME button has no effect.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks - Great forum

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (10/12/06 7:16 AM) reply + / -
hey Montanelas,

thanks for your help.
it is very nice of you

Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by icoman (10/20/06 12:34 AM) reply + / -
man i've tried a lot of choice to full reset the printer but only these one works ..
these is all that u need to do:
4 step to Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000
STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power
STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power
STEP 3:- release the the POWER button
STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again
so fuc**ng simple ..

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (1/11/07 6:12 AM) reply + / -
This code worked for me on my Canon S600, BUT! only after I REMOVED THE PRINTEDHEAD. Entered code, replaced printhead. Printer works fine now.

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (1/22/07 10:28 AM) reply + / -
WOW That was to simple. I can't believe it worked.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (2/1/07 8:06 PM) reply + / -
need ip2000 general tool, have tried all theories in this forum and not on method has worked so far (want perm reset)

cheers

Re: Canon Pixma 1500 waste ink tank full reset by cookie 7 (edited 2/24/07 2:42 PM) reply + / -
Unplug or switch off the printer from the electricity supply. Hold down the start button on printer, and reconnect to electricity supply. Hold start button for 2/3 secs. and release.
Hey presto, everything's fine. Done this several times (about 5) over the last year, still working.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Betsy R (2/25/07 9:20 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, thank you! You saved me from a trip to
the repair shop! Betsy R (owner of a Canon S820)

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (4/6/07 3:43 PM) reply + / -
The steps below worked for my Canon IP 1500. Thank you for the advice!!!

Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by icoman (10/20/06 12:34 AM) reply + / -
man i've tried a lot of choice to full reset the printer but only these one works ..

Re: Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (4/18/07 1:05 AM) reply + / -
To fix ip2000 models go to www.cyber-ink.com/member-canon.html. This is the only method that worked on mine.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Adriano Wagner (5/9/07 5:02 AM) reply + / -
Osson! You're the man! It's just back on work it was so easy to do it, my printer now is working brand as new

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Annonymous (5/9/07 7:09 PM) reply + / -
Thanks "Montanelas" you are a life saver, your instructions worked like a charm.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by florina (6/18/07 1:25 PM) reply + / -
to the one who wrote this !

"The steps below worked for my Canon IP 1500. Thank you for the advice!!!

STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again"

Man you're my hero, God bless you, thank you, I thought I have to get rid of my printer....despite the fact that I love it....thank you thank you thank you....

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by sssrdja (7/12/07 7:24 AM) reply + / -
The way it works is to PRESS the ON/OFF button plus the RESUME button at the same time, keep your fingers on both bottons all the time THEN let go of the resume button and press it 2 times and only then let go of the OFF/ON button (which you have been helding down while pressing the resume button 2 times). Then INDIVIDUALLY,first press and release the resume button 4 times and the power button 2 times after this. Works like a charm !

Thanks Montanelas!!!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full by Nanae (8/18/07 1:37 PM) reply + / -
I need to empty the waste ink tank before I try to reset is this correct? If so how do I empty the waste ink tank? Then how to reset the ink tank counter?

Thans in advance my printer says service error 5100.

Nanae

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by moe (8/18/07 1:44 PM) reply + / -
You don't really have to empty the tank. There is no tank. It's a large sponge. A recent post by a guy who replaced his bemoaned the fact that it only had a little bit of ink soaked in and he wasted 4 hours replacing it. Reset instructions are all over this thread and the forum. I'm not going to post them again.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Nanae (8/18/07 5:39 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for the info about the tank not being there actually. I wondered if it was just a setting or what. Now, as far reseting the printer tank full, I tried all methods getting no where and then I read the post that said to go to www.cyber-ink.com/member-canon.html

I went to the site, I saw reset for the ip2000 and I followed those directions to the t and it reset and is working beautifully now so this site was a plus to my favorites! thanks to who ever posted it it is very clear how to do this on the site. Thank you a bunch.

Nanae

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by MOPKOB (8/31/07 11:32 AM) reply + / -
u(icoman) are the best

Re: Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by D.C. (9/9/07 7:11 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU !!!!!!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Classy11942 (9/9/07 8:32 PM) reply + / -
I have a MP530 Cannon that I cannot reset the ink cartridge to read full. Does anyone know how to reset it? Please and thank you all in one for anyone who has the answer!

Classy11942

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by from Poland (10/26/07 1:17 AM) reply + / -
it's work's

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by BAB (10/26/07 6:10 AM) reply + / -
Hey guys I have read several comments here and if your going to reset the error for waste ink, fine, any residual ink leaks that starts to spill out of your Canon printer from that point on an should be accepted as your responsibility, not the fault of a Canon printer. That is why they are set to warn of filling ink blotters. And it is strongly advised to replace the blotters and not try to clean them as they will lose near half of their absorbancy and fill faster but this time with no warning they are near full because the warning works on a counter, NOT a liquid sensor! Also try not to blame Canon for having this setup, HP, Lexmark, Epson and ALL inkjet type printers have it!
OK now that said, also please remember, depending on the printer model, the error for a waste ink full is 7 or 8 blinks of orange, then solid green with a pause then repeats. ANY OTHER BLINKS ARE A DIFFERENT PROBLEM AND ALTERNATING BLINKS OF ORANGE AND GREEN ARE NOT WASTE INK FULL ERRORS!
Someone here earlier stated they had 2 alternating blinks of orange and green, thats a 5100CR error meaning jammed carriage, nothing to do with blotters but it could mean in the cleaning and replacement process they somehow damaged the waste ink purge unit and the carriage is locked.

BAB
Authorized Canon Tech

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by elnemary (11/11/07 2:50 AM) reply + / -
hello
if u please send to me the method of waste ink full at
canon bjc-8500
coz i tried alot of procadure
thanks

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (12/3/07 1:23 PM) reply + / -
HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT,SURE ENOUGH IT WORKED
THANK YOU

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by kd0jl (1/7/08 7:58 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Icoman. Now Ill try to clean up the waste ink tank and perhaps put a small sponge under the waste tank or even replace the tank.

Canon IP 2000 waste tank reset - Working Solution by Anonymous (3/13/08 11:09 AM) reply + / -
Okay this procedure definately works!

1) Start with the power off

2) Hold down the ON/OFF button plus the RESUME button at the same time.

3) Keep your fingers on both bottons and THEN let go of the resume button.

4) Then press the resume button twice

5) And then let go of the OFF/ON button (which you have been helding down while pressing the resume button twice).

6) Then,first press and release the resume button 4 times

7) And then the power button 2 times after this.

The printer should now be okay and the lights will return to normal (solid green only).

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Looper0 (3/19/08 10:39 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the advice, we got the wast ink tank full problem fixed, but for some reason, now the color wont work. The black works fine, but the color barely comes out. I tried deep cleaning twice, but still no results. Ours is a Canon pixma ip 1500, got any ideas?? Thanks (oh yeah, changed the ink cartridge too)

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Khoirul Anam (4/2/08 4:00 PM) reply + / -
RESET IP2000 IP 3000 IP4000 IP5000 IP6000, I6100, I6500
Matikan Printer dengan menekan tombol power.

1. Tekan dan tahan tombol resume
2. Tekan dan tahan tombol power
3. Lepaskan tombol resume (tmbol power masih ditekan)
4. Tekan tombol resume 2 x
5. Head akan bergerak dan lampu tidak blinking
6. Tekan tombol resume 3x
7. Matikan printer dengan menekan tombol power. Apabila tidak off tekan kembali tombol power sampai printer mati.
8. Selesai
Ket:
Setelah di reset untuk printer ip2000, ip3000, ip4000 waste pad harus dibersihkan dan dikeringkan dulu kemudian dipasangkan kembali. (sebagian kasus printer akan kembali blink bila waste pad tidak dibersihkan). Hati2 membuka dan memasangkan kembali diusahakan tidak ada yang bergeser gear2 yang terdapat di atas waste pad.
Untuk i6100, i6500 setelah direset tidak perlu di buka dan dibersihkan waste padnya. Karena tidak pernah blink kembali.

Re: Re: Canon Pixma 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (4/28/08 9:49 AM) reply + / -
Nice one, that worked a treat! was about to have to leave the office with some un printed brochures but you saved the day!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by maraovidiu (5/7/08 4:49 AM) reply + / -
thx it worked, u are great.

Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink reset by shfranz (6/7/08 8:44 AM) reply + / -
I used procedure from icoman and it worked!
Thanks a million; this is such a stupid thing for Canon to do.
And the manual says to send it in for service!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by nailun (8/8/08 7:56 PM) reply + / -
Montanelas, thank's your method beat any word in this forum

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (9/4/08 8:47 AM) reply + / -
Hi there - done all the removal of pads, cleaning, cotton-budding, printhead clean etc etc, put the thing back together and then followed the instructions for re-setting but, and here's the clincher, my printer lights are now flashing as follows,

8 x orange flashes
1 x stable green flash
8 x orange flashes
1 x stable green flash

and keeps repeating like that until I press the resume button.

What does this mean and can I stop it doing it at all?

thanks in advance

Ellie x

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (9/23/08 5:49 PM) reply+1 + / -
Thanks for the info on the "waste ink tank full" error reset. It worked like a charm. I emptied the waste ink tank and flushed out the tank and tubing but after I put everything back together the error was still there. I was about to toss the printer but decided to google the problem when I came across this post. Unbelievably simple! Thanks again.

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (9/29/08 2:50 PM) reply + / -
Awesome.... THANK YOU!!!!!! Last time I had this happen I had to get a new printer as I was told it would cost me megabucks to have it reset!!!!!Years down the track it happened again.... God bless you for the help!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by LS (12/2/08 12:07 PM) reply + / -
It took me some time to find the waste ink “tank” and sponges (Canon IP2000). Initially, I followed the 2 small tubes below the printer head and found an enclosed container made by white color plastic on the right side of the printer. It looks like a pump to me. While I was trying to take it out, I realized that the absorber sponges just in frond of me all over the place on the right bottom side of the printer. The top layer was still white color. It is probably why I did not notice them in the beginning. They are many pieces. Each piece is as large as 2 fingers size.

I also cleaned the 2 skinny pads and mechanism below the printer head. It is not necessary. It is difficult to remove them and put them back. They became dirty again quickly after few print.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste tank reset - Working Solution by Eugen (1/16/09 5:03 AM) reply + / -
Hallo Anonymous,

der beste Vorschlag aller Zeiten. Du bist für mich der Allegrößte! Tausend Dank! Tausend Dank!

Translation:

High Anonymous,

You are the best! I´m so happy that i done your way. You are the "Greatest"! Thank you thousend times!

Eugen.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste tank reset - Working Solution by Anonymous (1/17/09 9:24 AM) reply + / -
Wow! Thank you sooo much for your help. I got this printer from work cause they didn't want it anymore or thought it was broken. I asked to take it home thinking I'd just sell it to someone who fixes them. Well, I got it home, plugged it in and the lights flashed green and orange and it said the waste ink tank was full. I got online, found your solution and now it works like a charm. I have a brand new printer now! Thanks again!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Anonymous (1/22/09 10:23 AM) reply + / -
80u8rtughr4rthj

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by ada aj (11/16/09 8:45 PM) reply + / -
thnk's bro atas infonya..............ciamik deh...

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by noorb (12/7/09 12:54 AM) reply + / -
I couldn't get your codes to work, but this link worked
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff11.html
1) Power off printer
2) Hold RESUME button then press and hold POWER. (The beeper MAY sound once, or may not depending on your model.)
3) Hold POWER and Release RESUME.
4) Press RESUME twice then release both POWER and RESUME buttons.
5) When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME 4 times (for the S900, 3 times for the 8200 apparently).
6) Press power to set data.
7) Print away!

Hurray

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Adeel (2/18/10 12:47 AM) reply + / -
when i am printer is on printer is show orenge light some move
and then stope

Re: Canon IP 1500 Printer will not print . by Anonymous (3/15/10 4:51 PM) reply + / -

my printer will not print, it go,s through the motions, and i get blank paper, new inks replaced and have gone through maintenance several times to no avail , would appreciate some help.

Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by john stanley (4/13/10 2:55 PM) reply + / -
I have posted two messages about how to reset printer after cleaning the absorber pads. Have received no help. Someone sent email saying there is a new solution to this problem but it didn't say what the solution was. Pretty useless and a waste of time. I've been messing with this for 3 days. I'm thru. Just went out and bought a new HP printer. Goodby canon.

John

Re: Re: Canon IP 1500 Printer will not print . by Anonymous (4/15/10 1:54 AM) reply + / -
Hi!

The same problem with my ip2200. I've reset waste ink counter. After it, didn't print to the paper.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Wellknown (3/8/11 6:21 PM) reply + / -
Here is the step to get rid of your Ip waste ink problem for ever. I've tried all the tips but I found this is the best fix!!

1. disconnect your power source
2. disconnect usb connection
3. remove all the printing paper
4. open your window(make sure there's no one standing below)
5. pick up the F%$#en printer
6. and throw it out with vengeance....
7. Guaranty to solve all your IP problem... go ahead and buy new one...

Re: Canon IP 2200 waste ink tank full reset by Jumbo 56 (7/2/11 3:57 PM) reply + / -
Does the reset work the same on the IP 2200 as on IP 2000? I have the waste ink tank to replace, but want to know how to reset it first...not looking forward to this:-(

Re: Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Jumbo 56 (7/2/11 4:01 PM) reply + / -
Don't think this is a helpful response just a waste of space

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by guest22 (7/6/11 9:18 AM) reply + / -
Hello all, great thread.
I have a canon ip1500 and the following worked in my case.

Many thanks...

so fuc**ng simple ..

Re: Canon IP 1500 waste ink tank full reset by Big MVZ (2/7/12 8:20 PM) reply + / -
I watched some idiot taking the whole thing apart, finally said to myself this doesn't seem right. Typed in the printer name and you guys showed up. Followed your directions and it worked like a charm!!! Thanks guys, Thank TEBO I only got the cover off.

Re: Canon IP2000 waste ink tank full reset by HEINZ HUBBUCH (2/26/12 7:30 AM) reply + / -
RESETING THE WASTE INK ABSORBER PROBLEM...IN 4 EASY STEPS...
THIS IS SO SIMPLE ITS MAGIC THANKS TO EVERYONE, WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT THE NET.???

1/ CLEANING THE WASTE INK PADS, REMOVE AND WASH OUT UNDER WARM WATER AND DRY OVER NIGHT OVER A HEAT REGESTER OR HAIR DRYER!

2/ AFTER DRY WORK IT REALY GOOD TO UNSTIFFEN IT, IT WILL FLUFF RIGHT UP TO ALMOST DOUBLE THE SIZE!

3/ PUT IT BACK IN AND YOUR PRINTER BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!

4/ NOW PLUG IN YOUR USB CABLE AND NOT THE POWER CORD YET,
FIRST PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON, THEN PLUG IN THE POWER CORD, THEN RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON, THEN PRESS THE POWER BUTTON ONCE MORE TO TURN IT ON!!!! "PRESTO" YOUR DONE AND ALL SHOULD WORK LIKE NEW FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by hussien (6/2/13 1:16 PM) reply + / -
hello guys
i have a problem with my canon ip 7200 i can't reset i try every way it's written here but ididn't work any help please

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by Zksu (8/17/13 10:44 AM) reply + / -
My canon printer ip2000 first show error 5100. The waste ink tank almost full, and then show error 5B00the the tank is full . The print head carriage will not move to left, the LED show 1 green and 7 orange alternatively ,I tried all the method but not work, anyone knows how to reset it? thanks.

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by master_s (2/2/14 4:27 PM) reply + / -
There is free utility to reset waste ink counters in Canon printers - WIC Reset utility - not need to pay, no expiration time...

Re: Canon IP 2200 waste ink tank full reset by gvoy (3/9/14 2:00 PM) reply + / -
hi guys,
i have a problem with my canon ip2200. after i power on my printer the green led blink 14 times after that the orange led blink 5 times. then green blink once and the orange 5 times then it repeat again.. green once and orange 5 times, hope someone can help me, thanks..

Re: Canon IP 2000 waste ink tank full reset by gebruiker (3/27/14 11:25 AM) reply + / -

This worked fine for my iP2600 printer!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject: