fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by dvdsruz (12/12/05 6:19 PM) reply + / -
Does anyone have the software yet to reset the waste ink pad counter on the Epson R220. The Message parts inside your printer are nearing the end of there service life please contact a engineer have not appeared on my screen as yet but having Epson printers before i'm sure it won't be long before it does, can anyone help.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by ledpencil (9/26/06 2:03 AM) reply+2 + / -
Don't know if it will work on the 220 but I reset the counter on my R300 by unplugging the power cord then while holding down the
POWER STOP and MAINTENANCE buttons simultaneously while replugging the power cord caused a reset to zero on the counter. You will still have to replace the pads or redirect the waste ink tube to a receptacle on the outside of the printer, hope this helps?
John

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (11/12/06 8:40 AM) reply + / -
Hi, if you go to inkjetprinterhelp.us there you will find the ssc service utility. Once you open the page click on the service utility and then choose the english version unless you can spk russian.If you then scroll to the bottom of the page and install the prog. Once you have installed the prog you will get the ssc utility logo in your bottom tray. Right click the icon and then select reset protection counter from the protection counter drop down. Once you have done this restart your computer and this should reset the system. I know it works as I had to use it last week.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by metal slug cyber pim (12/6/06 11:48 PM) reply+1 + / -
I just purchase the r220 at staples and I installed a waste ink bottle on the back of my printer. After a few prints the bottle has enough ink in it to print about 10 pages. I would advise all with a r220 to install a waste ink bottle. It keeps the pads inside the printer dry as a virgin with no K-y jelly

any one have some refillable cartridges with (arc)for sale or any programs that will be useful. I already have the SSC utility.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/7/06 1:24 AM) reply+1 + / -
The bottle DOES NOT stop the protection counter.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/21/06 11:52 AM) reply+1 + / -
how do i open my r220 to get to the waste ink pad.....
can you help me by giving instructions on how to open printer to get waste ink pad...... a picture or a diagram could help

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Wes (12/21/06 1:51 PM) reply + / -
Start here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/r200.html The end caps are a bit tricky too.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/26/06 8:56 AM) reply+2 + / -
on the r220 there is a sponge at either end of the printer. my heads keep blocking........ could i clean both these spongs.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/27/06 8:51 AM) reply + / -
on my r220 the light magenta ink is realy badly blocked.....
i have tried lots of head cleans and yet nothing actualy gets better...... any help

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/27/06 8:56 AM) reply + / -
install the bottle. in the latest printer utiliy click set protection counters too 0.... it will thene ask you if you`v changed the waste ink pad. just click ok

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Navin (1/4/07 4:25 AM) reply+3 + / -
Hi.
I need help with an Epson stylus photo R220. I use my Epson to do lots of printing an a daily basis. I had an error "the parts inside your printer is near end of it's life". I cleaned and dried the absorbers but not getting through with the waist inkpad counter reset. I have downloaded the english version of the ssc service utility and installed it onto my pc. It is not working. Everytime I try to use the reset protection counter it says printer off, or some other problem. The ink and the paper feed lights are blinking. I am using a continous ink system with my epson. Please advise me further
Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by mcprinter (1/4/07 6:17 AM) reply + / -
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/
Search for r200

There is a service manual and adjustment program.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by 220 User (1/8/07 8:46 PM) reply + / -
Anyone knows how/where to get the parts for the R220? I need the control board and the power board.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (1/11/07 11:11 AM) reply + / -
I HAVE AN R220 WITH A INK SYSTEM ON IT. EVERY TIME I PRINT THE LIGHT MAGENTA IS ALLWAYS BLOCKED. even whene i do lots of head cleans. HAVE YOU GOT ANY HELP.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Idle (1/19/07 9:38 PM) reply + / -
Check if the cart actually has ink in it -- you may have a leak somewhere that broke the vacuum.

If this happens the cart will run empty but the system won't (can't) report it.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by David, UK (1/21/07 8:56 AM) reply + / -
When you use the SSC service utility you must first select your printer from the list in the "main window" which has 2 boxes --- one for the full list and the other for all the printers on your PC. Then RIGHT CLICK on the SSC logo in your taskbar and select the Protection Counter >>>>>> Reset protection counter.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (2/9/07 4:13 AM) reply + / -
Hi Navin , I have just had the same problem . Downloaded the ssc service but could not get it to work ,until I read the instructions properly and found you had to right click on the icon on the task bar . This brought up the reset counter and all of the lights went out and I can now use the printer again

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by marvelous (2/13/07 7:06 PM) reply + / -
I have a continiuos ink system on my R200 I just reset the counter as well. After I did the right click I then turned off and then back on the printer power and it was reset. Unfortunately I am still trying to figure out how to access and add the waste ink tube to re-route to an external waste ink reservior. Unfortunately I discovered reading another site that the continious ink is the culprit. My black ink which was recently filled in the reservior and the cartridge reprimed. somehow that led to the ink siphoning which resulted in the full inkpad. It seems accoording to another site that this is a common problem with the CIS systems. Stopping the Ink siphoning is dooable, but I question the value of the CIS now. Especially since I just visited a site that had replacement cartridges for aprox $3 each. Hardly worth this hassle with the CIS?

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by marvelous (2/14/07 2:16 PM) reply + / -
I am sorry to say that you have been terrible misguided my friend. The CIS
>units are not to blame for the waste ink pad filling up. That pad will fill
>up even if you only use Original carts. You see, when you printer runs a
>head cleaning or primes itself, that ink has to go somewhere. And, the waste
>ink pad is where it goes. You cannot see the waste ink pad without opening
>up your printer. So, that pad you see when you look down inside your printer
>is not the pad we are talking about. There is no way for your ink to siphon
>down into the waste ink pad. Our CIS carts are no different than your old
>OEM carts. So, if your old OEM carts will not let ink siphon into your waste
>ink pad, then our carts will not allow it either. So, don't question the
>value of the CIS just yet. The thousands of customers we have served speaks
>louder than the web site you received your information from. I give you my
>word, CIS units are the way to go. Now, back to the waste ink tank. It is
>very easy to install the waste ink tank. In fact, if you purchase one of our
>waste ink tanks from our web site, the tank comes with step by step
>instructions and pictures. So, I hope this email has helped you out. Take
>care!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by dragonx117 (2/22/07 10:30 PM) reply + / -
Thanks for the counter protection reseter tip - my r220 works again .

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by jasun (8/2/07 2:56 PM) reply + / -
I have some software that resets the printer settings for most epson printers. I just reset a r300 yesterday and a r220 today with it. Once you have reset the counters you need to switch off then back on again. You can download the software free here:

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Hope it works for you guys. You need the program to be running and minimize it, right click on the icon, click protection counter and click on reset. then follow the instructions.

Easy as that.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (8/2/07 8:40 PM) reply-1 + / -
Yes all these work but got rid of 220 and using cannon ip4300 now.
better speed.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (8/2/07 10:27 PM) reply + / -
Maybe better speed but dearer ink.... I've had canons, hp,s lexmark, brother & few other makes over the years, but for print quality, epson is the best and cheapest for ink.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by JulianNott (9/14/07 8:47 PM) reply + / -
The ssc service utility woked fine for me to get my R220 running again. My local store wanted $120 to replace the ink pad.

Now how do I clean or replace the ink pads? Are the instructions staring me in the face?

Many thanks. -- Julian

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Wes (9/14/07 11:36 PM) reply+1 + / -
Try here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/r200.html It will show you how to get to the absorber pads.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (9/15/07 2:46 AM) reply + / -
What is the website where I can purchase an ink tank?

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by nott@nott.com (9/15/07 9:09 PM) reply + / -
I am now set up with it working printer and a waste ink bottle. I have been saved the price of a new printer and will not have to throw away $250 worth of ink for the R220.

Color me happy! MANY thanks.

-- Julian

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (9/23/07 7:00 PM) reply + / -
this just worked for me thanks alot m8

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by jack_ayres (10/8/07 1:26 PM) reply+1 + / -
My R220 has already kept its promise and stopped working entirely. Turning it on yields flashing red Paper and Maintenance lights but no green Power light.

I ran sscserve.exe but it can't communicate any reset commands to the printer because it is not "active." The message I get states it can't work because of the state the printer is in.

I tried the holding down combinations of buttons and then plugging the printer into the wall and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (10/8/07 1:41 PM) reply + / -
You need to strip the printer down to clean the ink pads. I however have a tray you can purchase from me with fitting instructions for £10 including P&P. You can email me @ ishep@talktalk.net

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by jack_ayres (10/8/07 3:39 PM) reply + / -
I already have a way to get around the problem of saturated pads. My problem is that the printer can not be reset because it cannot be put online.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/1/07 3:48 AM) reply + / -
i have the same problem as the last person you spoke to could you plz send me a email to show me how i can get my printer r220 working again. thankyou.

darren

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/1/07 4:00 AM) reply + / -
i have the same problem tried every where but still no joy if you find a solution will you please email me thankyou.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by devilman (12/10/07 2:57 PM) reply + / -
Same problem here... Can't use the SSC utility as the printer is offline, and the protection counter is greyed out. This is pretty urgent. Can anyone help??

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by ANONYMOUS (12/10/07 8:49 PM) reply + / -
THE INK PAD PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED IN ENGLAND. WHAT THEY DO IS TO BY PASS THE INK PAD SYSTEM. IN THE BACK OF YOUR MACHINE IS A SMALL INSPECTION PORT ABOUT TWO INCH BY TWO INCH. REMOVE THE COVER
YOU WILL SEE A PLASTIC TUBE ABOUT 1/8 IN DIAM. THAT TUBE IS HOW INK GOES FROM THE PRINTER TO THE WASTE PAD. IF YOU NEED TO ENLARGE THAT OPENING TO GET AT THE TUBE FINE. THE OPENING CAN BE COVERED WITH A PEACE OF CARDBOARD OR TAPE. THAT TUBE HAS ONE END NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING IT JUST LAYS ON TOP OF THE WASTE PAD.VERY GENTLY PULL THE LOOSE END OF THE TUBE OUT OF THE OPENING (IT'S ABOUT 2 INCHES LONG.) GO TO A HOBBY SHOP OR HARDWARE STORE AND PURCHASE ABOUT A FOOT OF TUBING LARGER THAN 1/8. ATTACH THAT TUBING OVER THE TUBE ON YOUR MACHINE. GET A CLEAR BOTTLE (1 GALLON) PLACE THE BOTTLE ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO YOUR MACHINE RUN YOUR NEW TUBING INTO THAT BOTTLE. YOUR COST ABOUT $ 2.00
AND YOU HAVE FIXED YOUR WASTE PAD PROBLEM PERMANENTLY.

THE MESSAGE TELLING YOU YOUR PRINTER NEEDS SERVICE BECAUSE IT NEEDS PARTS IS A JOKE. YOUR PRINTER COUNTS IMPRESSIONS WHEN IT HITS A CERTAIN NUMBER YOU GET THE MESSAGE AND THE PRINTER STOPS PRINTING. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR MACHINE. THE ENGINEERS BUILT THAT SYSTEM INTO THE PRINTER SO YOU WILL SPEND MONEY FOR REPAIRS $$$$$

TO RESET THE PRINTER TURN PRINTER OFF. THEN TURN ON, HOLDING DOWN THE STOP AND MAINTENANCE (INK) BUTTONS TOGETHER WATCH LCD DISPLAY UNTIL IT SAYS TURN PRINTER OFF. TURN OFF WAIT SEVERAL MINUTES THEN TURN ON YOUR PRINTER WILL BE RESET.

Re: Epson R220 Reset by sprite (1/8/08 12:45 AM) reply + / -
hi can some 1 tell me how to reset my r220 it just stoped after it done 1 dvd cover and stoped with a message saying it wont recognise the ink cartridges. i have a continuous ink supply and have never had this prob before. had to reset it before with ink pads. it is over 2 years old in fairness and i have printed well over 3000 discs.can oeone advise is it dead or can it be rescued?
thanks in advance

WASTE RESET FOR iP1600 by ANGIEWM (1/8/08 2:19 PM) reply + / -
Hey! I have read your threads. I have taken apart and cleaned my printer and have tried 3 of the reset codes that I thought were addressing this model, I am still getting the message that the waste is almost full and after I do the reset, I have 8 orange flashes followed by 1 green. Can anyone help?

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Lewdog (1/18/08 2:58 PM) reply + / -
Were you able to fix your problem? I am in the same boat using an external ink supply. I have not reset the eprom, nor have I messed with the waste ink pads which are full. I have the printer Manual which urges caution when removing the lower housing of the print mechanism in order to change the pads. Thanks.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by trigger1937 (1/18/08 9:35 PM) reply + / -
Angiewm,... Wow,... your post is a long way off. This thread is about Epson R220 printers and all of a sudden you post a note say you have read the threads, taken apart the printer, tried 3 of the reset codes and it didn't fix the problem. I hope you weren't trying Epson Reset codes on a Canon Pixima printer.

If your really have a Canon iP1600, you should post a new thread and not tack something on to this thread. If you will do that I will come back and give you the help you need. If you were trying the real Canon reset procedures and you still have the 8 orange flashes, you did do it right.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Lewdog (1/19/08 6:07 AM) reply + / -
Update on the wastepad problem. On the left rear is a small trapdoor held by a single screw. After removing it you see the waste ink tube. It is free at one end, and with a suitably curved piece of wire you can hook it and wangle the end out through the opening (you may dislodge a small piece of plastic in the process -- just put it back where it was, it's only a vibration damper.) Run this tub into a suitable waste ink collection container outside the printer

So I am almost there. Just have to download the eprom reset.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Mike410 (1/30/08 6:28 AM) reply + / -
I found I had some badly blocked jets, and after seeking advice, I removed the cartridges, and applied a few drops of 'JR Cartridge Flush', with a small syringe.
After about 15 minutes, I printed a couple of 'Nozzle Checks'.
This worked for me, on both of my Epson printers - (750 photo, and stylus 670). I also own an Epson R220, and if the same thing happens with it, I will use the same treatment.

If you apply some cartridge flush to the the printer's waste ink pads, it will dilute, and can be removed by absorbing it on some Kitchen roll paper.

I hope this is some use to you.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (1/30/08 2:17 PM) reply + / -
thanks for your response,will give it a go but it wont recognise any cartridge, i am using a continuous ink supply so they have never been empty it suddenly came up with this message after printing a cover perfectly, but thanks for your advice will certainly try it, do you know where i can buy the cartridge fluid you mentioned,
many thanks steve

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (1/31/08 5:14 AM) reply + / -
just went back to xp home os and it`s now works it`s seems not to like vista . i know vista ultimate up dates all the drivers dont know if this was the prob

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by lewdog (1/31/08 6:45 AM) reply + / -
My laptop PC was Windows XP Home Edition and the utility downloaded just fine. I then loaded the printer software onto the PC laptop. I skipped any test prints until I had reset the counter, and installed a waste ink bottle in back. For the container, I used a small 4oz Tupperware with a removable lid. It is fastened to the back of the printer with Velcro for easy removal and emptying. So far I have not had to empty. No extension to the factory installed tubing was needed by simply running the tube straight to the container. I drilled a hole in the back of the printer that matches up to the hole in the side-wall of the Tupperware container.

Anyone know how many cycles or pages are set by the factory? I estimate I have run a 1000 matte finish photo sheets on high quality setting, not to mention 1000's of standard quality letters etc.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by tai tran (2/20/08 5:48 PM) reply + / -
how i can reset after replace waste ink pad ! tell me something . thank you

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (2/21/08 5:58 AM) reply + / -
I CHANGE MY INK ON PRINTER EPSON R220 AND IT IS NOT WORKING

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by lewdog (2/22/08 10:47 AM) reply + / -
According to the printer manual, replacing the waste ink pad is a very delicate operation. My read on it was that only a qualified service person should attempt. See my 12/31/07 post.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by missababe (3/30/08 8:37 PM) reply + / -
I just wanted to post a quick thank you to everyone who has shared something on this thread. This was the first one that was actually helpful in getting my printer in working condition again. Was able to do a reset and set up a waste ink bottle. Never thought before reading this that doing so was possible.

THANK YOU!!!

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (4/1/08 8:21 AM) reply + / -
Hi, Thanks for the info. At first the utility didn't work.
When asked "has the ink pad been changed"? I chose "no" and the message "done" came up. I restarted my pc but the printer was still not working.
I tried it again this time choosing "yes" when asked if the ink pads were changed. After restarting my pc the printer started starting to work. I tried printing something with success. The message about worn out parts went away too.

Thanks for you help.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by roiix (4/13/08 6:10 PM) reply-1 + / -
Hi, Thanks for the info
http://printer-resetter.blogspot.com

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (4/24/08 4:58 AM) reply + / -
Thanx

Help! by Anonymous (5/27/08 2:15 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone have the software yet to reset the waste ink pad counter on the Epson stylus cx 8300

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Lewdog (5/28/08 7:04 AM) reply + / -
All the problems are solved, but I am still wondering what the duty cycle is before you really have to scrap this model?

This is a very informative sit. Keep up the good work.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Eagle_flh (6/18/08 12:38 PM) reply + / -
there is a guy on Ebay that sells Epson waste ink tanks cheap with the resets.
http://store.auctiva.com/bos_dsl

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (6/18/08 1:02 PM) reply + / -
He is selling a cheap food storage container with a hole in the top and a link to the SSC service utility. not worth $5.00!!!

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (6/18/08 9:50 PM) reply + / -
This app worked like a charm!!

http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

Thanks! Donny

Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by verolas (6/24/08 9:26 PM) reply + / -
Hi” thanks for your help”

My english is bad, but gracias por su ayuda, mi impresora duro meses en un taller de ineptos, y gracias a sus consejos yo sin ser una experta arregle el contador.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by davdorn (9/1/08 10:57 AM) reply + / -
How do you install a waste ink bottle?

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by lewdog (9/3/08 10:53 AM) reply + / -
For the container, I used a small 4oz Tupperware with a removable lid. It is fastened to the back of the printer with Velcro for easy removal and emptying. So far I have not had to empty. No extension to the factory installed tubing was needed by simply running the tube straight to the container. I drilled a hole in the back of the printer that matches up to the hole in the side-wall of the Tupperware container.

From my 1/3108 post

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by davedorn (9/3/08 11:33 AM) reply+1 + / -
What about the Epson Stylus Photo RX680? Is it possible to reset the counter and to install a waste ink bottle. Do you have instructions/pictures?

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by lewdog (9/3/08 2:09 PM) reply + / -
just familiar with 220. keep looking as you will find a solution.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by 1978akw (9/4/08 6:29 PM) reply + / -
Red ink light went to steady red. Thought it was my cartridges were empty so I went out and bought new cartridges. Not epson but they are compatable. Red ink light still steady and printer wont print. Tried resetting the protection counter and was able to reset it but red light still steady. Any suggestion please contact. Thanks so much. Amy

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (10/21/08 4:53 PM) reply+1 + / -
Thank you vey much, It worked!
The only thing that I had to do and you didn't mention is to turn off the printer after reseting.
Thanks

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (10/31/08 1:09 PM) reply + / -
hi i have reset my r220 and it worked a treat
thanks for the help
but my problem is i carnt get any inks to print on paper
why!!!!
i dont know any help please

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by RAYMONDOR (11/6/08 5:38 PM) reply + / -
hi; epson r210 2 flashing orange lights when u turn on
any help most welcome thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/21/08 8:35 AM) reply + / -
great works

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (12/21/08 8:44 AM) reply + / -
Hi, if you go to inkjetprinterhelp.us there you will find the ssc service utility. Once you open the page click on the service utility and then choose the english version unless you can spk russian.If you then scroll to the bottom of the page and install the prog. Once you have installed the prog you will get the ssc utility logo in your bottom tray. Right click the icon and then select reset protection counter from the protection counter drop down. Once you have done this restart your computer and this should reset the system. I know it works as I had to use it last week.
THIS DOES WORK WAS ALREADY TO BY A NEW PRINTER, ALSO AT THE BACKK OF THE R220 THERE IS A FLAT WITH A SCREW IN IT UNDO IT TAKE OUT FLAP AND THE INK WASTE PAD IS THERE TAKE IT OUT WASH UNDER HOT WATER AND DRY IT OUT WITH A HAIR DRYER AND POP IT BACK NOT ROCKET SCIENCE ALL WORKS OK

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by eagle_flh (1/8/09 9:15 AM) reply + / -
WRONG! he sells the container, with the hoses and connecters, plus any resets for the specific model, Plus links to SSC Utility, and gives awesome support. He help me with my RX680 which no one had a reset for . . .

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (1/9/09 12:57 AM) reply + / -
you can take out the ink pad by your own and dry it out with a hair dryer, just need to wait a little bit or you can get a very good waste ink kit like

http://www.inkrepublic.com/WasteInkKit.asp

it has everything you need, good for the dual tube waste ink tank too. Only 7 dollars and it works for all epson printers, or you can find your own bottle and tubes.

good luck!

Re: Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by [annoyed] (1/22/09 2:45 PM) reply + / -
Amazing...

Try this little search on Eagle_flh and discover multiple personalities of customers = seller.
http://www.google.co.uk

Beware shill posters marketing their own products...

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset RX680 by websnail (1/22/09 2:51 PM) reply + / -
The RX680 hasn't been documented but worth checking out this topic:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4141

... and the forum for waste ink modifications to see if that offers some clues.

Theres some pictures of the RX580 from here:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4143

... which may provide specific clues but it depends entirely on how similar the 580 is to the 680...

Hope that helps.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by mr_movie_dog (5/26/09 11:31 AM) reply + / -
You can't compare that Cannon to the Rxxx Series printers since the Cannon CAN'T print to disc's DIRECTLY! Which is why you buy this printer. Unlike the other persons reply to your incorrect post, comparing apples to oranges, I think the Cannon printers do a better job over all but they lack a major function; disc printing.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by mnby9rpj (7/5/09 11:50 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I'm ashamed to say I never post in forums, despite using them to help me fix all kinds of problems. However, I was so delighted that I was able to fix my printer thanks to this page that I registered just to post this thank you to all those who provided the info.

My Epson r220 was saying "Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life" and the lights on the unit were flashing. I removed the small panel at the rear left of the unit and took out a small foam pad. This revealed a plastic tube that I hooked out with a coat hanger. I ran this tube into a coke bottle and secured it with gaffa tape (very high tech I know!) I then used the utility on this page: http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

When the utility install you have to tell it your printer model etc then close it for the icon to appear in the task bar. Right click the icon select protection counter > reset protection counter and answer yes to the 'eplaced pads' question.

Turn the printer off and on and it should work again! Run a head clean and watch the excess ink spill into the coke bottle!

I'm so pleased because I was just about to order another printer when I found this forum - you guys saved me £60 - cheers cheers cheers!!!!

Rich

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Sandy Leitch (8/19/09 7:41 AM) reply + / -
I eventually managed the reset successfully. However, my initial problem was that my machine printer carriage had travelled hard right and I couldn't move it much. I couldn't open the carriage gantry to access the cartridges. There was about 7 or 8 mm movement and then a solid stop. It took me quite a while to find the physical stop and was almost at the point of attempting to trepan holes in the bottom and relevant side of my printer.
Then, more by luck than judgement, I prodded an area slightly above the chromed carriage rail at the left hand side of the cartridge carriage and the stop came off and I was able to haul the carriage to the left and open the top gantry to lift and replace each cartridge and away with the reset procedure and success.
What I will say is that I was almost giving up and ditching the printer - which has given excellent service, but that's what Epsom want us to do, isn't it.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (8/19/09 9:29 PM) reply + / -
I'm sorry, I SELL MY R220 BUT im remember that the software to reset don't work correctly but the trik can be WORK.

press power in your r220 dont take off your finger in the printer about 5 seconds at the same time the other 2 button's (the recicle button NO ::"")

ITS ALL

GOOD LUCK

BYE

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by mathewdavid (8/19/09 9:59 PM) reply + / -
Thanks metal slug cyber pim.I totally agree with your thread.I also installed it on my system too and its really working good till now.

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (10/2/09 8:05 AM) reply + / -
Thanks to all of you - I nearly went and bought a new printer!! Bit more of the planet saved. Have ordered a CIS system and fitted a waste bottle to bypass the pads.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (2/8/10 3:54 PM) reply + / -
Reset da Epson Stylus Photo R220 windows 7 Ultiment

Re: Epson R220 problem by Anonymous (4/11/10 11:27 AM) reply + / -
My Epson R220 photo printer has stopped working. When connected through USB to my laptop it dosen't recognise it.

When i try to print something the ink level indicated is greyed out meaning that the printer isn't connected even though it is.

I have tried a different USB cable but still no luck. I don't think it's anything to do with the lack of ink has there was enough ink when it last worked. The printer is plugged in correctly and it lights up but fails to do anything.

Anyone any ideas, please?

Epson T27 by ol_ra (4/28/10 11:04 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone have the software yet to reset the waste ink pad counter on the Epson stylus T27? May be it can be done by pressing the buttons? Help please!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Anonymous (6/3/10 5:45 PM) reply + / -
Epson r220 won't stay on. I turn the printer on and the ink and paper lights just flash. To get them to turn off I have to turn the printer off.

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Deezel (7/22/10 5:20 AM) reply + / -
http://www.wasteink.co.uk/epson-ipr-reset/

SSc only works for so long this is what you need to reset service req. message

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by hell_shoujo (8/27/10 6:37 PM) reply + / -
are there available resetters for epson t13?

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by philly5706 (8/28/10 1:21 PM) reply + / -
Nope

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by les99 (8/30/10 4:10 AM) reply + / -
thanks for your help with epson photo 220 SSC SERVICE UTILITYks like a dream

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by vanb (9/14/10 11:07 PM) reply + / -
I may have missed it if someone has already mentioned this, but Epson actually offers a free ink pad counter reset utility right on there website. It, of course, comes with the warnings about using it only if you have actually replaced the ink pads.
My only problem is that when I run it, it says my counter does not need reseting because the parts have not actually reached the end of their life. My printer is still printing, but I am stuck with the warning that the parts are "NEARING" the end of their life.
I am thinking that this official Epson reset utility may be the answer for the one who said the other utility would not access the printer, unless they really have other problems!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Jangir (10/17/10 10:40 AM) reply-1 + / -
Photo 220 R220 T13 T27 RX580 RX680 DX8400 DX8450 CX8450 CX8400 CX7300 DX7300 DX7400 CX7400 PX700W TX700W PX800FW TX800FW B1100 T1100 B1110 T1110 and many more.
There is a guy selling these resets on ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EPSON-SERVICE-RESETS

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by vanb (10/17/10 10:11 PM) reply + / -
OK, my printer finally reached the official end and the official Epson reset worked like a charm.
Epson, the manufacturer of your printer, offers this utility as a free download and it works! I would recommend you not to waste your money paying some unknown person for something the manufacturer gives you for free.
It's on Epson's website!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by ronbewizard (10/22/10 2:33 PM) reply + / -
here is the link to epson web site for software
http://www.epson.com

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by franknstein (12/6/10 2:52 PM) reply + / -
I don't have an R220, but have an NX110 and wanted to get the counter reset utility that you said was at the Epson site. I looked in the downloads section but couldn't find anything with that name. I also checked in the R220 downloads and didn't see a counter reset utility. Can you tell me what I should be looking for? Thanks

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Nazir123 (7/24/11 6:14 AM) reply + / -
The PROBLEM with WIC resets is that you have to KEEP PAYING!
You can reset your printer - but you have to pay to reset it again and again (in some cases - every few weeks!). You have to buy another "Key" to use the reset again. This works out to be VERY expensive!
You can download FREE resets - but they usually come with TROJANS and VIRUSES!

The SAFEST option is to get a reset from a reputable seller like: WWW.WASTEINKPADS.COM

You get a reasonable priced reset, - you get FULL SUPPORT (if you do not know what you are doing) and you can use the reset as MANY TIMES as you like - without having to buy another reset! They provide resets for most Epson printers. If your printer is not listed - just send them a note and they will make your printer available for download.

I suggest that you BOOKMARK their page: www.wasteinkpads.com
as your printer may be working today - but you never know when your printer will stop working! - GOOD LUCK!

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by Kazdagi (9/3/11 1:33 PM) reply + / -
Ok, so I had this problem with my Artisan 800, got the free reset from Epson which you can only use once (WTF?) and when that failed to fix the problem Epson suggested I send it in to have maintenance (this printer is 3 years old), they also offered me the customer loyalty reward site to buy a deeply discounted new printer (I fail to see the necessity of that when I have a perfectly fine workin printer except for the fuggin failed one reset you gave me) - exasperated I tried WWW.WASTEINKPADS.COM and although I detest the idea of someone making money off of Epson product service software I have to admit it sure beats the heck out of paying big bucks for a new all-in-one. WWW.WASTEINKPADS.COM had the best price and First Rate service. I got an email response to my question within 2 hours. Program worked like a champ and has extra things on it also... Thanks Jangir!

Kazdagi

Re: Epson px660 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by gekwap (11/20/11 11:31 AM) reply + / -
has any one has reset programme for epson stylus px660

Epson T50 block black ink by hmekki (1/3/12 1:29 AM) reply + / -
i had epson T50 with continuous ink , the black cartriddge blocked , there is nothing on nozzile check, how can i clean it?

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by EPSON HDQ (2/24/12 6:56 AM) reply-1 + / -
FOR EPSON PRINTER SOLUTIONS CONTACT

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by EPSON HDQ KNY (2/24/12 6:58 AM) reply-1 + / -
FOR EPSON SOLUTIONS CALL

Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by EPSON HDQ KNY (2/24/12 7:01 AM) reply-1 + / -
FOR EPSON SOLUTIONS CALL

Re: Epson PX660 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by EasyEpson (1/14/13 1:59 PM) reply + / -
I have the reset, unlimited reset,For PX660. No Keys needed. Contact me.

Re: Epson t60 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by quaint (1/31/13 8:40 PM) reply + / -
good day please send send me a solution my printer won't stop blinking alternately i think need to reset waste ink pad? ... send me a free reseter thanks in advance

Epson Artis 800 Waste Ink Pad Counter by cindyrsdu (9/3/14 2:11 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson Artisan 800 just got my ink waste warning that it has come to the end of it's life. First off, when this happen you can't use the scanner, fax nothing. I order the new pads, got an activation code from Epson, BUT!!!!! the code they give you is only good for about three prints and you will get the message again. i've been on the phone with them today for almost an hour and transferred to a third person the first two lied saying the activation code will set it to 0, that is a right out lie. The supervisor said it's only good for about three to five prints then the message comes on again. I asked her why don't they put on there printers DISPOSABLE. She didn't answer but had the nerve to say well we can send you a coupon for free ink for when you buy a new Epson printer. Told her I will never and I mean never by another Epson print or Epson anything. Then she told me a tech should have installed the new waste ink tray I asked her why I can do it my self, and I did, she said they have the codes to set it to 0 so you're telling me I should have taken it there paid about 150.00 when all I need is the code and you guys will not give it to me. I'm not paying that kind of money this is a rip off. I got the CEO address and name and will write them. I don't trust Epson any more, this should not happen at all and you should not have to pay to get a code to use your printer, scanner, or fax. So don't even bother about getting that so call code from Epson it's only good for a few prints and that is it. Cindy

Re: Re: Epson R220 Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset by margo_dtg (edited 9/4/14 11:47 PM) reply + / -
Its ok for me to use free resetter and I don't found any viruses attached with it.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters