fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by a00900964 (10/27/05 2:17 PM) reply-1 + / -
hi

I sent to print when the printer it start to make a noise, like a stuck noise, I restart the printer but it dont want to start up the system stuck in start up cycle and the display stay at the sand clock.

if you know some trick to restart the system or some pice of advise please sent me some help .

thaks for your time

Chales

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cdpena (11/4/05 12:22 PM) reply + / -
Push the "cancel" button down before you turn on the printer and hold it down until after you turn on the printer and the start up sequence is completed.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (11/28/05 1:26 PM) reply + / -
this works!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Justin Kincaid (1/11/06 2:21 AM) reply + / -
MY 2410 is froze with the hour glass so I tried the cancel thing, NO luck. any other Ideas Justin

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by CRT (2/8/06 8:31 AM) reply + / -
I have the same prblem: Looks like the power cycles, I got an hr image on the LCD, than speaker makes (very low) klicking sound & the LCD cycle again to hr grass.
Pressing "cancel" button does not help.
If I try to hold power button for few minuts LCD goes off & four buttons "copy, scan, photo fax" start flashing.
Any ideas?

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (2/8/06 7:58 PM) reply + / -
try a full reset by pulling plug holding # & 9 plug in till reset
Justin

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by CRT (2/13/06 4:06 PM) reply+1 + / -
Got full reset screen, pull the plug > still doing the same thing...

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by mnpmoseley (1/4/07 8:26 PM) reply+1 + / -
I posted this in another thread, but knowing how you feel....
" have read LOTS of pleas for a fix for this. This is what I have tried,
1.All the resets in the world.... did not work.
2.Reinstall software... did not work
3.contact hp tech......did not work , got offered to spend more money on more junk though
4.Hold down cancel while turning printer on.... did not work
5.Waiting a week of it unplugged.........WORKED SOMETIMES
6. Cleaned underside of scanner glass.... did not work, but i believe it needs to be done to have it all work right.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST Lucky number 7..... Moved scanner head to middle of printer(pushed with hand) then turned on. Oh how glorious!!!!!!!!!! It works! It really Works!!!!! Now I haven't turned it off yet and started again to see if it stays..right now I have to do some much needed work, in case it isn't permanent...."

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Viviane (5/9/07 1:16 PM) reply+1 + / -
I wanted to try pulling the scanner head (with my hands) but could not figure out how to access the scanner head. But the problem does seem to be that the scanner head gets stuck trying to "get back" as if it were to start scanning. Thus I unplugged, held down the scann button and plugged again. And, as in a miracle, it worked!!!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Thrasher (6/13/07 9:51 PM) reply + / -
on light keeps on blinking and cannot get it to print, copy or scan---I can still transfer pictures from my camera card to computer but that is all---how do I remove cover to manually move scanner bar??--thrasher

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/13/07 11:16 PM) reply + / -
First of all, I will tell you that you will need a Torx screwdriver. I don't know the size but if you have a Torx screwdriver set you can easily find out the right size. Once you have that you can just lift the cover and start looking for the screws holding the cover. They are not hard to find. You will also have to snap off the bezel where the buttons are located, since there is a screw underneath it. The bezel snaps on and off applying slight pressure to the release with a small blade screwdriver.

I don't remember exactly how to remove the cover or how many screws you have to remove, but it should be intuitively obvious if you are somewhat mechanically inclined.

Good luck,

cdp

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/14/07 7:39 AM) reply + / -
Ok, here is more detail information on how to remove the cover:
1. Get a Torx T10 screwdriver and a small blade screwdriver.
2. Open the scanner cover and find the release at the back of the cover. Remove the cover.
3. Remove the three screws (bottom left hand side, top left hand side and center top).
4. Using the small blade screwdriver as necessary, remove the bezel on the control panel.
5. Find the release to the panel underneath the bezel (it is at the bottom center as indicated in the diagram). Using the small blade screwdriver release the panel.
6. Using the Torx T10 screwdriver, remove the two screws that are exposed when you remove the panel (top right hand corner and bottom left hand corner).
7. You can now lift the cover slightly to expose the scanner bar. (You will have to disconnect the ribbon cable if you want to completely remove the cover.)

You should be able to move the scanner bar without fully removing the cover. You actually do not have to remove any of the screws as long as you unscrew them completely.

After you manually move the scanner bar, you should be able to turn the printer on and go through the initialization with the printer in it's partly disassembled condition. After the initialization process is completed and you are satisfied that the printer is acting normal, reassemble the printer without removing power.

Good luck,

cdp

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/14/07 7:43 AM) reply + / -
Ok, here is more detail information on how to remove the cover:
1. Get a Torx T10 screwdriver and a small blade screwdriver.
2. Open the scanner cover and find the release at the back of the cover. Remove the cover.
3. Using the Torx T10 screwdriver, remove the three screws that are exposed when you remove the cover (bottom left hand side, top left hand side and center top).
4. Using the small blade screwdriver as necessary, remove the bezel on the control panel.
5. Find the release to the panel underneath the bezel (it is at the bottom center as indicated in the diagram). Using the small blade screwdriver release the panel.
6. Using the Torx T10 screwdriver, remove the two screws that are exposed when you remove the panel (top right hand corner and bottom left hand corner).
7. You can now lift the cover slightly to expose the scanner bar. (You will have to disconnect the ribbon cable if you want to completely remove the cover.)

You should be able to move the scanner bar without fully removing the cover. You actually do not have to remove any of the screws as long as you unscrew them completely.

After you manually move the scanner bar, you should be able to turn the printer on and go through the initialization with the printer in it's partly disassembled condition. After the initialization process is completed and you are satisfied that the printer is acting normal, reassemble the printer without removing power.

Good luck,

cdp

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cral (6/16/07 5:27 PM) reply + / -
still doesnt help

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/17/07 4:46 AM) reply + / -
I was trying to list the steps for getting to the scanner bar. If the printer does not initialize correctly after getting to the scanner bar and manually moving it to the left prior to starting the printer, I have no further ideas as to how to fix the problem.

cdp

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by AnotherJoe (6/21/07 11:23 AM) reply + / -
I've disassembled the printer, such that I was able to move the scanner head over to the left. When turning on the computer, the initialization process has the scanner head inching its way to the right until it eventually slams into the right end under the control panel. The device still seems unable to find whichever spot it needs to reset itself properly. Using a full reset (9+#) brings up a full reset screen but no positive changes seemed to occur.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/21/07 3:39 PM) reply + / -
My printer seems to start properly when I move the scan bar far enough to the left. If that doesn't work for you I am afraid I have no other solutions. You might try holding the scan button down before you apply power to the printer and hold it down until the initialization is completed as another reader suggested.

Good luck!

cdp

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by sjs (7/24/07 6:17 PM) reply + / -
i have the same problem with the light blinking and the scanner jamming...i tried the cancel thing..it didn't work..is there any other options that don't involve taking apart the printer?????
please help!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (7/25/07 8:02 AM) reply + / -
2 years too late, but you are AWESOME!!!! I have thrown this thing, banged it with a hammer, and I find this and PERFECT!!!! I was so angry I was going to throw it away, but thanks to YOU!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (8/27/07 7:41 AM) reply + / -
I just got one of these printers (2410xi)for free--because of the same problem--hourglass just sit's there--also after doing all the reset bit and head moving--still didnt fix it--well at this point I figured it's already broke lets take it appart.
I removed the rear paper jam door and found two screws--so I removed them and pulled down on the trim piece--removing it--and low and behold I found that the ribbin cable(top one on board) was loose--I unpluged both ribbins and reseated them---sure enough it started working(scanner light comes on now at initilization)
working fine now and it was free!!!.

Re HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up FIXED! by ucmeicu (8/30/07 9:12 PM) reply + / -
I fixed it! Here is my story...
Symptoms:
After my home had a power outage, my HP PSC 2410 kept going through a power cycle. It would show the HP splash screen with an hour glass. I heard some noises/clicks from the speaker in the back, then blank screen, and start again. This went on as long as it was pluged in.

Trouble Shooting:
1. Try different outlet. -no help
2. Try power on while holding the cancel button. -no help
3. Try partial reset. On power up hold down the # and 6. It would read "PARTIAL RESET" but still continued to power cycle.
4. Try Full reset. On power up hold down the # and 9. Display reads "FULL RESET" but, again no change.
5. Try moving the scanner head and check visable ribbon cables as described in above post. Despite high hopes, no help.
6. Now willing to try anything, I started to disassemble the printer. Using a T10 Torx screwdriver ($9.99 for a driver kit at Home Depot) Carefully removed the top of the scanner bed and the sides of the printer. On the right side under the housing was the printers "mother board". Attached to that, on the back side is the "Fax Card". Following a hunch based on the clicking I heard, I removed the "Fax Card" and reassembled the printer. Viola! It came up and was now asking me to select a language.

Comments:
After step 1, I did replace the printer. So, I really didn't have anything to loose by taking it apart. But it was really easy to dissamble/reassemble. All you need is the T10 Torx driver and maybe some notes to help in the reassembly.

Hope this helps.
-ucmeicu

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (9/16/07 8:50 AM) reply + / -
We have the HP 2410 All-in-one as our fax machine at work. We had the same problem with it not completing the start up sequence. I didn't want to go to in depth tearing it apart, as it is not mine. One of the non-invasive things that worked:

1. With the unit off, open the printer cartridge storage area.

2. Turn the unit on leaving the lid open, gently pulling the ink cartridge unit to the middle.

3. The printer then gave me the error about the cartridge area being open and went to the main menu after I closed it...

Hope this helps if you don't want to tear apart the whole printer!

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (9/23/07 5:29 PM) reply + / -
Thanks alot. Your advice fixed my problem!

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by rachelink (10/6/07 4:36 PM) reply + / -
hi there -
thanks for your detailed instructions. i've gotten thru step 4, but now can't seem to find the release to the panel underneath the bezel. (the diagram makes no sense to me -- i am not sure how to read it :/ tho i've been staring at it for quite some time.) any thoughts?

thanks -
ra

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bert (10/6/07 8:54 PM) reply + / -
HP has created it's own pictorial procedure.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by rachelink (10/6/07 9:22 PM) reply + / -
Thank you Bert - that was totally helpful. Got the panel off no problem and moved the scanner head over, but now when i turn it on, the hourglass displays for a few second, but then the screen goes black and no buttons make it come back up : / any thoughts, let me know.

thx again -
ra

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (10/18/07 4:34 PM) reply + / -
Follow the advice givin on 9/16/07 it works. HP told me my computers hardware was bad and I need a new printer. Just follow these steps. It works!!

We have the HP 2410 All-in-one as our fax machine at work. We had the same problem with it not completing the start up sequence. I didn't want to go to in depth tearing it apart, as it is not mine. One of the non-invasive things that worked:

1. With the unit off, open the printer cartridge storage area.

2. Turn the unit on leaving the lid open, gently pulling the ink cartridge unit to the middle.

3. The printer then gave me the error about the cartridge area being open and went to the main menu after I closed it...

Hope this helps if you don't want to tear apart the whole printer!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by tv tech guy (1/8/08 8:54 PM) reply + / -
After reading all the posts I found I had the same stuck in start up as everyone else. Contacting hp on line did nothing, they just want to sell you the up grade printer. My printer made the same "clicking" sound in the speaker as it cycled on and off. I removed the fax card as one of the others on this site.This restored the unit to normal. Now I will see about getting a fax card, but the unit works fine without it.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (2/3/08 4:09 AM) reply + / -
from holland....thx a lot, worked for me too!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by DanWags (2/5/08 6:15 PM) reply + / -
Just a FYI,

Mine worked after doing the hold 9 and # keys down during power on. It took a while of holding the keys down before anything happened... After printing the allignment page, everything seems OK.

Thanks!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by stefangy (2/6/08 6:34 AM) reply + / -
I do have problems with my 3 years old HP psc 2410.
I'm getting the first file already hanging in the queue and i can't even delete it.
How long the USB cable is not connected or I did not attempt to send files to the printer, the printer is working from the command pad, making even self-test. Once I've sent a file to print, is hanging-up.
I do have this problem with my new Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop running Vista and my old Dell Dimension XPS R450 also.
I've spent days chetting with HP about. By their test everythyng was looking OK.
Finally they issued a strange statement that "there is well known incompatibility issue in between DELL PC's adn HP psc 2410" and Dell has a fix for it.
I made even semi-full reset. It got just worse.
Went to Dell, I did not get a solution. They accepted/confirmed half-mouth the ideea that could be an incompatibility problem.
Do somebody can provide any usefull help ??.
I'm really upset because I can't beleave that nothibg can be done.
Regards,
Stefan

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by rosenbarn (3/12/08 12:45 PM) reply + / -
How do you get into the motherboard to remove the fax card?? Initially, I had it fixed by holding the Cancel button down - worked after that. Printed, copied and scanned and everything worked fine. Problem is, I fixed it at the kitchen table, and when I unplugged it to put it back at the desk, it's doing the exact same thing it started with. I never use the Fax option, so I'd be happy to disconnect it. I think the problem is with the fax, because I can hear it trying to "connect" or something, and it didn't do that at the kitchen table. HELP....

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bert (3/12/08 7:46 PM) reply + / -
1. Remove the rear access door and the rear panel. The panel is held in place by two T10 Torx head screws. There is also a hidden latch near the bottom on the right and left side of the rear panel, a bit tricky to unlatch but patience will prevail.
2. Looking from the rear, disconnect the three cables on the left. Take note of how the two ribbon style cables are plugged in because they can be rotated 180 degrees when replugged.
3. Open the printer as if you are going to change the cartridges, then release the latches on the left and right and the scanner will rotate upward and lift off.
4. There are several T10 screws (they are obvious) that need to be removed and the rest of the case, the top and the two side covers, will come off.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up-Fixed by KrisV (3/29/08 11:22 AM) reply + / -
Well just wanted to let everyone know, i read through all the things people tried none of them work so i went through the manual part and spent about a half an hour and did what bert had in his comment and took the thing apart and cleaned the glass while it was off and just brought the printer head across so it was about 3/4 over to the left, put everything back together and started it up and it is working fine.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bert (10/6/07 8:54 PM) reply

HP has created it's own pictorial procedure.

Thanks everyone,
Kris V.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (4/5/08 11:09 AM) reply + / -
amazing!! This works for me too. I have spent the last 2 years really getting cross with it! Thank you

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by kuroppi (7/12/08 11:47 PM) reply + / -
Hi
My psc2410 all of a sudden started flashing the message "insert black or photo cartridge in right stall".
I bought and replaced the black cartridge but it still continues flashing the same message "insert black or photo cartridge in right stall".
I followed many tips from this website such as pressing the "cancel" button during plug-in, pressing # & 6 buttons during plug-in, and pressing # & 9 buttons as well.
None of them worked, I got the message on screen acknowledging semi-full reset, as well as full reset, but the unit is still flashing "insert black or photo cartridge".
I'll be grateful for help.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bert (7/13/08 7:47 PM) reply + / -
Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and carriage with a cotton swab and alcohol. If that does not solve the problem you almost certainly have a defective cartridge.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by kuroppi (7/16/08 12:37 AM) reply + / -
Hi
My psc2410 all of a sudden started flashing the message "insert black or photo cartridge in right stall".
I bought and replaced the black cartridge but it still continues flashing the same message "insert black or photo cartridge in right stall".
I followed many tips from this website such as pressing the "cancel" button during plug-in, pressing # & 6 buttons during plug-in, and pressing # & 9 buttons as well.
I disconnected the power adapter from the wall and reconnected again.
Replaced the black cartridge for another brand new one.
I also cleaned contacts on both cartridge and carriage side with swab and alcohol. (Thanks to Bert).
None of them worked, I got the message on screen acknowledging semi-full reset, as well as full reset, but the unit is still flashing "insert black or photo cartridge".
I'll be grateful for help.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (7/17/08 8:48 PM) reply + / -
I have tried everything above and sometimeas they work and sometimes they don't. Does anyone have any other suggestions because this time nothing is working. Thanks

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by dblue (9/13/08 8:31 AM) reply + / -
Hallelujah! Thank God I found this forum! I was about to kick my printer to the curb because I could not figure out what to do about this stuck hourglass / clicking noises on initialization problem (preceded by the "Remove and check print cartridges" message someone else mentioned here). Then I read the post that suggested turning off the printer and resetting it by pressing and holding the Scan button and turning the printer back on (pressing the Scan button down until initialization completed)... and it actually worked! I've got my printer back! Thanks again!

Re: Re HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up FIXED! by Anonymous (10/27/08 6:23 PM) reply + / -
My tnanks to ucmeicu! My 2410 exhibited the same symptoms and I tried everything posted to no avail. I removed the fax board as recommended and I have my 2410 back - minus the fax board, which I had used very little anyway.

Thanks a bunch!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Thomas Zahreddin (1/12/09 7:36 AM) reply + / -
hi all,

thanks for all your hints.

Best for me was to clean the glas of the scanner cover.

I went with the insructions form:

The scan bar (IMHO) is positioned opposite to the white stripe on the glas.
You can see it on http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c00556177.jpg very clearly in the right edge of the glas.

Clean the whole glas and specially the white stripe.

If you also want to clean the lightning tube of the scan unit, then do this very gently.

All these parts attrac dust and the full white stripe is necessary to position the scan bar.
If it is dirty the 'white' stripe will not be found and therefore the scan bar trys to move more to the right, while it is bumping against mechanical barriers.

So this error will probably come again, if the glas is dirty again.

Best
Thomas Zahreddin

http://voicehero.net

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by regina clair (1/18/09 8:04 AM) reply + / -
Iam lost PLEASE help!! I have recently changed to a Dell computer and I have a HP psc 2410 photosmart. I have found I have no problem faxing (out going) But, and aaaaaaaa I cannot scan or print from my computer. if anyone has any information to help me please do so as I am a lost puppy!!!! I would prefer to not disasemble the printer if at all possible. Please be VERY detailed in your response. shout out to all that can help ! whooo

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bert (1/18/09 4:15 PM) reply + / -
If your computer is new it is probably running Vista. If so go to this web page for setup instructions.

If you are running XP and don't have the software install disk go to this web page to download or purchase the driver software.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (1/29/09 3:19 PM) reply + / -
Thank you!!!!!!!!! #7 worked! This problem happens to me all the time. Now I've got a solution rather than waiting a week.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by theabe (2/17/09 10:23 AM) reply + / -
I tried everything that was listed on this forum.
Without listing them again the only thing that worked was the last thing I tried(of course).

I cleaned the underside of the glass(this I did see posted by someone but I don't remember who). Right where the white strip is, when this is dirty the cartridge can not find it and that's why it is jumping around like it's missing a gear.

Try it and good luck.

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (3/9/09 9:40 PM) reply + / -
This really works. Thanks for the help.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by acadguy (4/8/09 4:48 PM) reply + / -
Cleaning the underside of the scanner glass worked for me too. It needed to be cleaned anyway, kind of hazy looking.
Printer works fine again. Thanks for the posts!

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (5/10/09 12:55 PM) reply + / -
Thanks!!! I repair computers and one of my customers insisted I take this 2410xi as they got another and could not make this one work. You post about the ribbon cables did the trick!!! Too bad I was anxious and bought HP ink at retail for $57 but the printer was free. Thanks again.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Moshe Rabi (5/24/09 2:26 PM) reply + / -
Thanks!!! I also repair my psc 2410 printer that stuck .
Thank agian Moshe

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start by LAMc (6/18/09 12:24 PM) reply + / -
OMG! thank you. That really works.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (6/30/09 1:22 PM) reply + / -
I followed all the previously mentioned actions and finally found that in my case it was the cleaning of the glass that did the trick. I had taken everything apart and failed to clean the glass next to the white stip and actually had the printer in my car ready take it for recycling and finally read the posting stating that cleaing the glass is what worked. Hard to believe that HP didn't take the time to attempt to alert it's customers, now past tense.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by bloohippo (7/12/09 10:53 PM) reply + / -
Can anybody post a pic or a video of what a "fax card" looks like? I've disassembled the whole thing, still not knowing what I should take out >.<

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by moe (7/12/09 11:31 PM) reply + / -
It's really simple. Look for the connector the fax plugs into. It would be attached to the board you're looking for.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by bloohippo (7/16/09 8:24 PM) reply + / -
Is it the two-socket connector on the lower left in rear view? How were you able to take it out?

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by luckyme (7/24/09 6:04 PM) reply + / -
Not sure which action fix this prob for me but what I did was:
1 - Cleared all pending docs in the print queue
2 - unplugged printer
3 - Plugged back in and held cancel button until start up sequence was completed.

This worked for me.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by NikNikS (7/25/09 7:55 AM) reply + / -
If it's the scanner bar "clicking" thats the problem then see ;

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/42155

Concensus seems to be that the scanner is triong to find "hom" and it can;t see it because something is in the way. Combination of cleaning the glass and/or the lighting unit/mirrors may help. Worked for me.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by crawjoel (8/2/09 9:25 PM) reply + / -
I just got a this printer from a friend, and older printer. First it said it needed cartridges, so I put in new cartridges. Then, it said a carriage arm jam, so I followed the directions on this forum to fix the ribbon running behind the carriage, which was unhooked on one side and had to be rethreaded. THEN, the issue with the blinking on light and stuck in start-up - I then found in my pulling off the top cover, I had unplugged on of the ribbon plugs that lead to the scanner (my scanner's light was not even on).

So, I had to get into the back right of the printer where a circuit board is and replug that cord and it works fine - to do this I actually cut into the back - I could see where I wanted to be and I had nothing to lose. IF you look down in where the wires lead from the top (scanner) of your printer into the bottom, on the back right of your printer, and one looks unplugged, this COULD be your problem.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (8/4/09 5:15 PM) reply + / -
I don't how to plug 3 ribbons in the back pannel to? Please help

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by crawjoel (8/4/09 8:06 PM) reply + / -
There are several ribbon cords heading into a green circuit board in the back side, near where the power plugs into the back of the printer. However, you will have to take apart the printer to get there. When I did, one of mine was unplugged completely. The ribbon cord is like a 1/2 inch piece of ribbon - really thin, with lots of wire running through it, and there are several white plugs the ribbon cords plug into on the ciruit board. To get to this part, take off the scanner top, and then remove several screws on the back of the machine, or as I stated earlier, I broke into the back of my machine with a pair of tin snips and pliers - just cut my way in.

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (9/4/09 11:41 AM) reply + / -
This worked liked a charm...I was so ready to start disassembling that printer and as I was, I continued to read because I was ohh so DREADING taken that thing apart. Then I came across your solution and like MAGIC, THE PRINTER WAS FIXED. I AM STILL IN SHOCK BECAUSE I WAS CONTEMPLATING ON BUYING ANOTHER ONE.

THANK YOU,
ALL MIGHTY PRINTER GENIE!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (9/23/09 3:22 PM) reply + / -
MINE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, AFTER READING ALL THESE THREADS I TRIED SOME OF THE BASIC EXTERIOR ONES LIKE RESETING, ETC....BUT AFTER THAT DIDN'T WORK I DECIDED TO TAKE IT ALL APART AND CLEAN THE INSIDE PART OF THE GLASS AND SLIDING OVER THE SCANNER CARTRIDGE READER ABOUT 3/4 TO THE LEFT, AFTER CLEANING AND CAREFULLY PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP, IF THIS DOESNT WORK THEN YOU'LL MOST LIKELY NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE. GOOD LUCK!!!

THANKS,
CARLOS

Re: Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (9/29/09 4:03 PM) reply + / -
This is a simple cleaning issue. After you remove the cover, flip it over. Clean the glass but make sure you also clean the white strip at the end of the glass. The 'reflection' is what lets the printer know the scan bar has reached the end of its path.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (10/14/09 11:43 AM) reply + / -
yep, just cleaning of the glass and cavity strip. I was gonna post it as well in detail but its not rocket science. take it apart and clean it people!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Dancer (3/15/10 5:23 PM) reply + / -
I have been frustrated for years with intermittent powering up problems. The same repetitive "kicking" sound, with printer "on" button flashing on and off; the only way to stop it was to disconnect the power cord. Thought I would have to replace printer or buy expensive parts.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your tips. SUCCESS!

I followed the instructions to clean the scanner glass, using the instructions form:

Next I held down # and 9 while reconnecting the power cord. I had to hold it down for at least two minutes until the display showed a white panel reading "full reset." I continued to hold down # and 9; the display then showed "Push OK to align printer page."

The printer is working!!! This after many, many trials of unplugging and replugging in every variation.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (4/29/10 1:44 AM) reply + / -
CAN U PLESASE ME OUT..........

Re: Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anonymous (5/20/10 12:27 PM) reply + / -
Many, many thanks for this solution. We have tried everythting, all suggestions on this forum but this one realy worked. Although the glas did not look very dirty, also the white stripe did not, this cleaning session brought us back our printer.
We have switched the power on and off several times, and it still works!!!! Many thanks again!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by JuniorC (6/26/10 8:09 PM) reply + / -
Thanks and Thanks. After a week of trying all of the suggestions late at night after getting off from work and dreading the thought of having to buy a new printer I finally got my working. I had cleaned the underside of the glass but went back and cleaned it again to the far right as suggested. Although I did not see any dirt there must have been something. After a week of seeing the stupid hourglass and hearing clicking noise it now is working. Thanks again to all those who took the effort to post. Your help was and is greatly appreciated. BTW, the first item I printed was a $5 off coupon at Ruby Tuesday's.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Don B. (8/4/10 1:31 PM) reply + / -
My HP PSC 2410 print kept giving me the same error message which said to check the right printer cartridge, which is the black Nr. 56. I could do nothing with the printer, not even scan. The front panel lights just kept blinking. I bought three new Nr. 56 catridges, each time the printer presented the same error message, i.e., change the right printer cartridge. After reading through the solutions at this web site I decided to try a full reset using # and 9 keys by pressed them simultaneously and then powering up the printer. However, I made an inadvertent mistake and pressed the * and # keys. I kept pressing these two keys for more than two minutes. Then a new screen appeared and I removed my fingers from the keys. After this the printer went through a print and align cartridge test. When it was finished the printer worked just fine. Like the others who've posted emails here, I was ready to throw this 5-year old printer into the garbage can and buy a new one. So perhaps my mistake in pressing the * and # keys simultaneously and then powering up the machine worked for me and saved the day. I hope this might help others who get the same error message regarding the print cartridges.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Anoymous (1/28/11 3:47 PM) reply + / -
Cleaning the glass and white strip worked like a charm

THanks a ton

No Subject by hankkatz28 (3/7/11 11:13 AM) reply + / -
I am getting an error message.."Insert black or phot print cartridge in right stall"/...but it is in...and I can print..but with flashing lights, I can't fax, scan, or copy.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Brandon Doe (6/8/11 10:46 AM) reply + / -
I've had customers bring this thing in and sometimes they can be fixed and other times they can't. The common factor in all of the problems everyone's had seems to be that HP did a poor job of designing the printer's electronics. Whatever the core problem is, it's a design defect by HP. Maybe someone should contact a lawfirm about doing a class action suit against HP to get them to replace these printers with something that works.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by earlysnowdrop (11/5/11 4:31 PM) reply + / -
I cleaned the glass and it seems to be working. Just about to buy a new printer so thanks to all who posted with different fixes!

And for those who thinks the glass cleaning is too complicated, it really wasn't that hard if you like to tinker a little.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by bechoril (11/6/11 11:08 AM) reply + / -
hi everybody, i had the same problem, when the scanner making a stuck noise. after i read all the thread long. i tried everything and nothing helped. i was on my way to throw this printer out of the window when i noticed that behind the button cover there are 4 pins which are called "H1, H2, H3, H4" that somehow two of them were broken. it turns out that those pins are pushing 4 hidden buttons, so i just put something instead of broken pins to push these buttons.
and..... finally it has worked!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by rental1 (12/28/11 6:35 PM) reply + / -
Have tried everything! None of these suggestions work. Heading for the trash!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by olearydq (2/4/12 1:26 PM) reply + / -
This printer was basically unreliable for its original owner from the day they purchased it new until they replaced it and gave to me. I tried everything suggested in this thread to stop the "head banging reset" including partial and full reset, disassembly and moving the scan head, removing the "fax card" and even cleaning the back side of the glass and "refection bar" multiple times) to no avail. This thing is junk and I will not recommend HP products to ANYONE due to the poor performance and reliability of this printer.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Golfpro (3/26/12 5:54 AM) reply + / -
This worked for me also the very first try.
You may get a error message to remove and replace color
cartridge. It worked great!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Mary W (8/12/12 5:34 PM) reply + / -
I can't thank you enough for having this website available!

I was not looking forward to going out & buying a new printer right now! All the stuff out there is being made in China, so bets are on that they won't hold up at all!

Here I am as a woman who is "a little bit" computer savvy. I was able to fix my HP 2400 printer with your help from this page! I can't thank you enough! I also followed MAGIC step #7 and at this moment "all is well" LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by toththebruce (9/12/12 7:07 AM) reply + / -
Thanks cdp for the information to clean the scanner glass of the HP PSC 2410.

It worked... my scanner has started up again!!

Inspired by your knowledgesharing, I found this HP link. It describes the same solution, but with pictures.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00553775&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=303753

(Somehow this url gets truncated when posting, so just copy-paste the url and ignore the space.)

Cheers!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Bill77 (11/2/12 9:33 PM) reply + / -
Went through the full open and clean instructions a while ago and it fixed it, but now it is happening again.

Just curious, did Carly Fiorina design this herself? Sure seems like it. This is a worthless device if everyone is expected to routinely bust it down to parts and reassemble it in order to get this "all-in-one" to work

Carly should be making house calls to fix these.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by olearydq (11/2/12 10:40 PM) reply + / -
I tried everything on this forum a while back to correct this same problem. Nothing worked, so I trashed this piece of junk and replaced it with a Canon. I'm done with H.P.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by tonymark (11/13/12 3:01 PM) reply + / -
Scanner clicking on startup after power outage. Some combo of "9+#" "Cancel+OK", cleaning glass under white strip, blowing out mirror area, cleaning mirror with Q-tip, cleaning bulb, removing fax card and nothing WORKED. Arggggh!

Finally, I removed the scanner head (bulb mirror assembly). The scanner belt is just stretchy enough to remove the head assembly with the head in the center of the belt run (be careful not to break it). The ribbon cable has a secondary mount that must be removed by sliding the front (printer side) out first (leaving the read part in) and then sliding if forward to remove. Now, remove the ribbon from the electronic connector on the head.

To head remove cover there are two locking tabs on the bottom of the head. One is under the little circuit board. Remove the torque screw and board, pop both tabs and the cover should come off. Go ahead replace the little circuit board at this point.

There are a several mirrors that are not visible without removing this cover. On mine, the small angled one was smudged up. I cleaned all the mirrors with a little alcohol and a q-tip. I then wiped them all with a disposable lens paper (normal used for my DSLR lenses).

This was a little long, but I hope it can help someone else.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by MKA (2/3/13 9:44 AM) reply + / -
I am trying to solve my similar problem since 10 weeks . I applied all item mentioned on these pages.. but not reached the satisfactory solution ...

after some long hours unpluged condition . after repluging it. it seems to start ,than works normally, but never shutting down by normal way. must unplug it... some times I get a message '' cycle power '' what is it .. what to do ..

some one can help me ????

thanks

MKA

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by lifestile (7/10/14 12:17 PM) reply + / -
Will I get paid for overtime? http://ouee.net/hotgoo/ hotgoo Luv the way she do it wit no hands!! Her lips and tongue are amazing!! Good eye contact, nice slurping sounds...i can go on and on!! Fav!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by lifestile (7/10/14 12:18 PM) reply + / -
Will I get paid for overtime? http://ouee.net/hotgoo/ hotgoo Luv the way she do it wit no hands!! Her lips and tongue are amazing!! Good eye contact, nice slurping sounds...i can go on and on!! Fav!!!

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by bobber (7/10/14 1:50 PM) reply + / -
Directory enquiries http://ferso.org/bonus-poker-slot-machines/ free bonus poker slots O: Objective data - This is a record of the physical examination and includes the specific objective

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Carson (7/11/14 8:22 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, I ran out of credit free downloaable porn games Fishnets! Fishnets! Heels! Finally a proper fishnet and heels video

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by razer22 (7/12/14 6:01 PM) reply + / -
Some First Class stamps ventolin online no prescription 6.3 Prescription Subsidy Cards

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Irea (7/13/14 4:40 AM) reply + / -
A First Class stamp fishborn porn I just came soooooo hardd

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by bobber (7/13/14 5:11 PM) reply + / -
How much were you paid in your last job? http://whistlinjacklodge.com/sun-god-slot/ sun goddess slot machine The TELUS Health Solutions Assure Claims Pharmacy Support Centre is allowed to confirm whether the birth date you have on

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by lightsoul (7/14/14 2:15 PM) reply + / -
No, I'm not particularly sporty best porn search engine anonymous that aint her husband

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Kaylee (7/15/14 9:39 AM) reply + / -
I like it a lot http://www.manhasset-specialty.com/treasure-nile-slot/ treasure nile online slot review Drug and disease information

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Jaden (7/16/14 11:24 AM) reply + / -
Not in at the moment http://ferso.org/cinerama-slot-review/ cinerama slot game claim period of the claim file previously submitted

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by steep777 (7/16/14 8:10 PM) reply + / -
I'd like some euros text message spy How to be a Kenyan

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by steep777 (7/16/14 8:11 PM) reply + / -
I'd like some euros text message spy How to be a Kenyan

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Ayden (7/17/14 12:28 AM) reply + / -
Three years http://www.cetim.com/lucky-lady-charm-casino-online/ lucky lady charm slot vegas 33. Assume leadership positions in the community and

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/17/14 4:17 AM) reply + / -
I'm self-employed http://www.manhasset-specialty.com/diamond-valley-slot-game/ diamond valley slot machine cultural behavioral issues and economic issues.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Colton (7/17/14 5:22 AM) reply + / -
I'm not sure cell phone spy apple iphone Participate in the departments qualiptyrog arassum. rance

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by unlove (7/17/14 1:58 PM) reply + / -
How much notice do you have to give? bluetooth mobile spyware No H4 $0 $0

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by unlove (7/17/14 2:00 PM) reply + / -
How much notice do you have to give? bluetooth mobile spyware No H4 $0 $0

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by thebest (7/17/14 10:56 PM) reply + / -
Excellent work, Nice Design free phone spy app iphone Lactation Precautions are returned for females between the ages of 13 and 52 on new

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by thebest (7/17/14 10:56 PM) reply + / -
Excellent work, Nice Design free phone spy app iphone Lactation Precautions are returned for females between the ages of 13 and 52 on new

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Katelyn (7/18/14 9:03 PM) reply + / -
Could you ask him to call me? 007 spy software keygen PHCY 470 Introductory Pharmacy Professional Experience (IPPE), 4.5 Kim Leadon

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Irea (7/19/14 3:06 PM) reply + / -
I'm sorry, she's scottish sun porn story way too beautiful to be pornstar

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Ayden (7/19/14 6:39 PM) reply + / -
I really like swimming razr spy phones activities (hunting, jumping, polo), climbing activities (mountaineering and rock climbing), winter

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by infest (7/19/14 6:56 PM) reply + / -
Three years http://www.sudokuhints.com/vamps-slot/ vamps slot - Rebills will not affect previously established service authorization limits.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Savannah (7/20/14 3:03 AM) reply + / -
I don't know what I want to do after university iphone spy apps list 2.1 Access Methods (Rev. 02/05)

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Alyssa (7/20/14 3:04 AM) reply + / -
I was made redundant two months ago whatsapp spy download for blackberry Recipient Other Insurance Code (Field 8)

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Jaden (7/20/14 6:31 AM) reply + / -
A packet of envelopes http://www.sudokuhints.com/chuzzle-slot-machine/ chuzzle slots gratis 70 Product/Service Not Covered 705

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Kaylee (7/20/14 7:54 PM) reply + / -
Some First Class stamps mobile phone spy protector a) All of the following conditions are met:

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Layla (7/21/14 12:02 AM) reply + / -
Who would I report to? cell phone spys to catch cheating Review the health systems training materials on aseptic t echnique and

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/21/14 4:26 AM) reply + / -
perfect design thanks arnold cell phone spy software numeric. Refer to the amount entered

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Mishel (7/21/14 4:35 PM) reply + / -
I'd like to pay this in, please http://www.sudokuhints.com/mad-professor-slots/ mad professor slots For submission of a Nursing Home Override the provider must resubmit the original

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/21/14 5:30 PM) reply + / -
I'm from England http://www.novitednik.si/winstones-resort-and-casino/ winstones slots Excused absences greater than five days and any unexcused absences will result in

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Nevaeh (7/22/14 4:21 AM) reply + / -
I'd like to open an account spy dialer results pharmacies, these totals are exactly the same as the subtotals by provider type. These

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Carson (7/22/14 8:35 AM) reply + / -
Jonny was here http://www.365casinos.com/agent-jane-blonde-slot/ free slots agent jane blonde conflict. The following chart lists each drug conflict code and the clinical significance

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Addison (7/22/14 10:39 AM) reply + / -
I'd like , please syncdocs iphone spy calc suggestions, please contact us. In the meantime, we wish you success as you prepare to travel

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Brooklyn (7/22/14 7:32 PM) reply + / -
I study here i spy after my boyfriend hang up the phone can i get him ba k Provider Manual. This document is available at www.emedny.org by clicking: eMedNY 5010/D.0 Transaction

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by friend35 (7/22/14 11:37 PM) reply + / -
I never went to university cell spy selth Appendix 4 Common Reasons For Rejection 54

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Makayla (7/22/14 11:50 PM) reply + / -
How many would you like? spy app for iphone using apple id without needing any access to target phone Come back on day, month. -Rudi tena tarehe day/month –

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Nevaeh (7/23/14 3:52 AM) reply + / -
Could you send me an application form? kkmultimedia spy iphone Viral loads are used for failing patients under consideration for a secondary regimen.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/24/14 1:07 AM) reply + / -
Languages cell phone spy equipment reviews Statement. If you have been issued a

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/24/14 1:07 AM) reply + / -

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/24/14 1:08 AM) reply + / -

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by cooler111 (7/24/14 1:08 AM) reply + / -

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by Carson (7/24/14 1:20 AM) reply + / -
A few months mobile cell phone spy free download Come up with a solution for a typical site issue.

Re: HP PSC 2410 all-in-one stuck in start up by rikky (7/24/14 3:18 AM) reply + / -
What's the last date I can post this to to arrive in time for Christmas? http://www.michaelrasbury.com/magic-spell-win-casino/ magic spell slot organizations, patients / the practice site and

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters