fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ypko (9/28/05 8:18 AM) reply+1 + / -
Ihave i865 and pixma 3000 .I same time i resived this message
"The waste ink absorber is almost full.
Press the printer's RESUME button to restart printing".
How i reset this on ip3000 and i865?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Darisayen (3/6/06 5:22 AM) reply + / -
email me if you still need a service manual for ip3000

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Andrey_Z (6/5/06 10:31 PM) reply+3 + / -
Looking for Sevice Manual for IP3000.
I have "print head not found" error on pixma ip3000, and want try to repar this.
Please help.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by lopburi commart (7/6/06 8:00 AM) reply+2 + / -
Pixma IP3000
1. Turn off printer.
2. retaining button Resume/Cancel press button POWER - indicator it will catch fire by green color.
3. let go button Resume/Cancel, continuing to retain POWER.
4. press button Resume/Cancel of 2 times, retaining POWER, after which let go all buttons.
5. when indicator will be lit BY GREEN - press button Resume/Cancel of 4 times!!!
6. turn off printer by button POWER.
It is undertaken from service manuala.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IPxx by abu (7/26/06 9:05 AM) reply + / -
get it now.... software for waste ink reset counter...
http://rm1.biz/resetprinter

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Marian Janes (8/2/06 9:49 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have a Canon Pixma iP2000, and have lately been getting the usual message about the waste ink absorber being nearly full. The User Manual (an icon on the desktop, if you've downloaded it)says one can continue printing by pressing the "resume" button, but only for so long, when it all packs up. One has to contact the Canon agent to get the waste absorber replaced, in my case the agent was Electroversal in Luton. The cost of collecting the printer, taking it to their works, replacing the absorber, and returning it to you, including VAT,is £59.93 - almost as much as a new printer.

The first time this happened to me, with a Canon S.300, I did buy a new printer, my first Canon iP2000, which after the usual period of use, needed a new waste ink absorber, but as it was within the guarantee period for the printer they sent me a new one free of charge. Now this has happened again, and being outside the guarantee I am faced with the choice of paying for a new waste ink absorber and fitting thereof or buying another printer. Canon do not seem to worry about the environmental damage of piles of useless printers, and WHICH, to which I subscribe and which regularly features the latest information on inkjet printers, does not have them for long enough to encounter this problem. I cannot believe it is so difficult to do the job oneself, and think Canon should be prepared to supply the refills and any parts needed to do this by mail order.

Perhaps fixyourownprinter.com can help - I will try.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by dnusser (8/4/06 1:18 PM) reply+2 + / -
Canon will sell you a new ink absorber pad.
Their phone #732-521-7230 M-F, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm eastern time.
You will need the reset code for your model printer. Find this by searching for canon used ink tank. One of the results should match your machine.
I found out about this Canon scam about 2 years ago and found the code on a website. An alternative to replacing the pad is to take it out (do this outside, with disposable gloves and old clothes), wash it out with a hose, let it dry completely, and reinstall it in the printer.
When I first called Canon about this they did originally sell me two pads for my S9000. After I installed it, I still had to find the reset code. The local Canon repair centers quoted me $40.00 at one, and $60.00 at the second for what amounts to about 6 seconds of work. I then called Canon, no one would give me the code, but a customer service person offered to send me six ink tanks for my having to spend $60 to have it reset. Then I found the code, and got the 6 tanks anyway.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (9/1/06 7:29 AM) reply+2 + / -
The waste pad can be washed out with repeated warm water, dried over night and refitted (my Canon s630). It depends on your DIY skills in getting to it - with the cost of Canon doing it being the same as a new printer what have you got to lose - nothing, except gaining satisfaction. Allow 1/2 a day to do it. David

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by maltason (9/16/06 11:06 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon Pixma IP3000 and would like to clean the waste ink absorber pad; can anyone please tell me how to get to it in the printer?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by hpwizard (9/18/06 7:02 AM) reply + / -
Read the rest of the thread!!!
Dazz UK

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP15 by claireh6644 (10/24/06 9:46 AM) reply + / -
ive got a canon pixma ip1500 the ink absorber is full how do i change it and reset the printer??

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma MP110 by Anonymous (11/4/06 7:55 AM) reply+1 + / -
How to clean up the waste ink absorber which is full? The supplier did not give me the manual.
Thanks.
Chatar Singh

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Oldfella42 (11/12/06 11:32 AM) reply+1 + / -
Thanks for the info Paul. Just downloaded the file and will give it a crack this week. thanks again.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by CdnFlyer (11/17/06 7:42 AM) reply + / -
I have iP2000 with the same error message, Waste Ink Tank Full.

Talked to Canon, and they want to sell me a new printer, Talked to Canon Service, they will sell new ink pads for the Waste Ink tank. What about this reset code???

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by codes (11/20/06 11:07 AM) reply + / -
http://www.cyber-ink.com/member-canon.html

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by clean (11/20/06 11:32 AM) reply + / -
id rather shell out the $50 for a new printer then attempt this

http://www.polyphoto.com

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (1/23/07 12:01 PM) reply + / -
I tried the reset code on my IP2000 and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I also found two small pads (oval, about 3/8 x 1 inch)under where the ink cartridges sit. They were grundgy, so I took them out, cleaned it with a kleenex, cleaned out the slot that they sit in, and replaced the pads. Hopefully, that'll do the job. I'm going to send a letter to Canon and give them an earful.

Eugene

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by .: charlie :. (2/18/07 8:18 AM) reply + / -
It worked great! Thanx

waste ink absorber canon pixma ip 1500 by Anonymous (3/18/07 4:15 PM) reply + / -
HELPPPPPPP! I have a canon ip pixma 1500 and it says that the waste in absorber needs replacing? Where can I get a replacement, does anyone know? I am begining to think this is a ploy to get me to buy another printer!!!! and its only one and half years old. If someone has a logical answer please tell me!
Thanks

Re: waste ink absorber canon pixma ip 1500 by Anonymous (3/21/07 3:44 PM) reply + / -
I agree with your ploy assumptions.
I haven't yet been able to get the software or codes necessary to reset the absorber counter.
I now settle for just bypassing the counter.
Before you turn on the AC power to the printer, hold down the on button on the printer and keep holding it down and then apply AC power to the printer. The green light should come on. As your system begins to boot release the printer on button. The green light should go out. Then press and release the printer on button. The light should blink green for a few seconds and then stay green and you are set to print.

Ron

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by BAB (3/28/07 6:09 AM) reply + / -
Well just resetting the counter will help but doesn't replace or repair anything else if its needed. Ok so what is this guy saying? I'm saying if your waste ink is full and has shut down the unit, you need to open the unit first, check the condition of the blotters and see if they are full from one end of the unit to the other because if they are and you reset the counter, you'll have ink eventually seeping out of the unit onto you printer stand. So they should be replaced, and they are not expensive but washing them does little for there re-absorbation ability, then the carrige assembly should be checked for proper alignment and the carriage bar for proper lubrication, the purge unit should be inspected and checked for operation and for ink tubes being clear. Also look for scraps of paper that can cause new code, 6A00, malfunctioning purge unit. Now the unit is reassembled, and now you reset the waste ink code and then proceed with several printer checks. If all is ok, your doen but if not, your still working. Now that is what we Canon Techs do that you want to deprive us of! You can sometimes catch me online in yahoo at barrybeck60030 or on AIM as mif16 3.

BAB
Canon Authorized Tech

Waste ink absorber - Canon Pixma IP1500 - Solution by Anonymous (4/4/07 12:40 PM) reply + / -
THERE IS A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM ...

I used some of the "Cartridge Flush" solution ... I squeezed some onto the waste ink absorber pads (Black & Colour), using my ink refill needle, and then I used soem paper towels to soak it up from the ink absorber pads.

NO MORE MESSAGES!

... hope it works for you as it worked for me!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Author Chuck (4/9/07 9:36 AM) reply + / -
For those of you who are looking for a Canon iP3000 manual, you can download it FREE from: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct

However, if you want it so you can find out how to solve the Waste Ink Absorber problem, the manual merely tells you to call for service.

Some of the advice in this forum is better than that.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Anonymous (4/9/07 10:16 AM) reply + / -
If you look and check out the page carefully you will suddenly notice these are all user manuals and setup manuals, not the technicians repair manuals.

BAB

Re: Waste ink absorber - Canon Pixma IP1500 - Solution by Anonymous (4/9/07 10:35 AM) reply + / -
ok Common guys. The ink absorber area does not even have a sensor of any sort in it.
The reason your printer is registering waste ink full is from a predetermined programing in the main board based on number of times the pruge unit has cycled. Canon has a pretty good idea how much ink is purged from cartridges and approx. how much ink it takes to fill the absorbers. And they give you a pretty considerable leeway. If you all want to try and defeat the system all I can say is buyer beware. And don't blame Canon if suddenly you have ink running out of your printer onto your wifes nice linens or on your nice oak desk top!
If the waste is full, change the blotters, they are not expensive and if you know how to get into the unit, then its well worth the effort. If you need new Blotters, you can get them at www.beckscrs.com in the parts section.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by tigerwan (4/19/07 10:05 AM) reply + / -

1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights in
green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the
Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time
the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes,
the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by moe (4/30/07 6:16 PM) reply + / -
"email me" means you click on his name "Darisayen" and an email box will pop up that will allow you to ask him nicely to send you the manual. You fill it out and hit the send link below it.

IT DOES NOT MEAN TO POST A REQUEST ON THE FORUM FOR HIM TO EMAIL IT TO YOU!

I promise to delete every one of those requests as soon as I see them. I'm really getting tired of all the morons who refuse to read!

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (6/15/07 9:16 PM) reply + / -
how could i reset brother printer?

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (6/23/07 1:57 AM) reply + / -
i need to clean my canon ip 3000 printer

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by padm (7/16/07 3:36 AM) reply + / -
Canon PIXMA MP110 user guide - how to solve this prob. the msg. comes - ink tank is almost full..

thanks
padma

how to open my PIXMA MP110 by lucyl (8/3/07 5:21 AM) reply + / -
i'm gonna refill the ink on my printer.. i just don't know how to open it.. please help!!!

Re: Opening the Cannon MP110 printer by Author Chuck (8/4/07 6:41 AM) reply + / -
I don't have an MP110, but I went to Google and searched for "PIXMA MP110" and found http://alpha02.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900
I scrolled down to "PIXMA MP110/130 User's Guide (EXE)" and clicked on the link. After downloading the Users Guide, I installed it by double-clicking. It created a folder that I entered and opened the TOP.HTM file. Scroll down the blue frame on the left to "Maintenance" and click on "Replacing Ink Tanks". Then scroll the right-side scroll bar to "Replacing An Ink Tank" which contains a detailed description for opening the printer and replacing the ink.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by JMIG (8/16/07 7:31 PM) reply+1 + / -
My PIXMA iP3000 has stopped printing any text or images at all even though I have replaced the Printhead and installed full cartridges. When I send something to the printer and it prints a blank sheet of paper. I have done all the usual, standard, and deep cleaning processes and nothing has solved the problem. I have also reset the waste ink absorber code and still no luck.

1. Any incites, suggestions, guidance as to what the problem may be and how to attempt fixing the problem?

2. Has anyone attempted to take this unit apart? I thought I might take a look inside at the waste ink absorber if I had some idea how to get at it.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/11/07 12:37 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon Pixma iP2000, and have lately been getting the usual message about the waste ink absorber being nearly full. The User Manual (an icon on the desktop, if you've downloaded it)says one can continue printing by pressing the "resume" button, but only for so long, when it all packs up. One has to contact the Canon agent to get the waste absorber replaced, in my case the agent was Electroversal in Luton. The cost of collecting the printer, taking it to their works, replacing the absorber, and returning it to you, including VAT,is £59.93 - almost as much as a new printer.

The first time this happened to me, with a Canon S.300, I did buy a new printer, my first Canon iP2000, which after the usual period of use, needed a new waste ink absorber, but as it was within the guarantee period for the printer they sent me a new one free of charge. Now this has happened again, and being outside the guarantee I am faced with the choice of paying for a new waste ink absorber and fitting thereof or buying another printer. Canon do not seem to worry about the environmental damage of piles of useless printers, and WHICH, to which I subscribe and which regularly features the latest information on inkjet printers, does not have them for long enough to encounter this problem. I cannot believe it is so difficult to do the job oneself, and think Canon should be prepared to supply the refills and any parts needed to do this by mail order.

Perhaps fixyourownprinter.com can help - I will try.

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/11/07 12:43 AM) reply + / -
i need to clean my canon ip 3000 printer

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/17/07 7:54 AM) reply + / -
I have a Cannon iP300 printer which is coming up with the message "The waste ink absorber is almost full" and i believe you received a file from someone on how to do the repair - well I would really apprechiate it if you could forward me the file and also tell me how you got on with repairing your printer

I will look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Aly
Tel: 07725 582381

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/17/07 8:32 AM) reply + / -
I have a Cannon iP300 printer which is coming up with the message "The waste ink absorber is almost full" and i believe you received a file from someone on how to do the repair - well I would really apprechiate it if you could forward me the file and also tell me how you got on with repairing your printer

Regards

Aly
Tel: 07725 582381

Re: The waste ink absorber .. on Canon Pixma MP110 by Anonymous (10/17/07 1:24 PM) reply + / -
Our absorber is on it's way out too !

Would the same procedures be as the previous folks?

What's this code some folks are writing about? Will I need one?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ebenk (10/29/07 8:22 PM) reply + / -
I have a Cannon iP1700 and ip1300 printers which is coming up with the message "The waste ink absorber is almost full" and i believe you received a file from someone on how to do the repair (using an application/software) - well I would really apprechiate it if you could forward me the file and also tell me how you got on with repairing your printer

My Regards,

Waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma IP4000 by Anonymous (11/5/07 11:16 AM) reply + / -

I tried the reset sequence posted on the above web page, and it worked for ip4000, just want to spread the word to everyone else who's run into the same problem!

Re: Waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma IP4000 by Anonymous (11/11/07 11:44 AM) reply + / -
How did you get to the absorbers to change them out on the ip4000? I can't figure it out~

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (11/13/07 1:03 AM) reply + / -
me too...my printer ink waste absorber if full..how can i replace it?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Oteng (11/20/07 1:56 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have printer pixma3000 at first trouble "operator error please press RESUME button" and then i press RESUME button while i connec cable power, finally my pixma3000 Does not ON. somebody please help me

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Lge (11/21/07 10:52 AM) reply + / -
I have a pixma ip3000 printer for about 2 years, not used a lot. It suddenly stopped printing black. I cleaned everything including the print head and just when everything was back on his place he just stopped, power OFF. It looks like he's dead. No reaction at all. Sounds familiar to somebody? In the mean time I ordered a brandnew printhead which I hope will make the printer alive again...

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by BRIAN WATTS (1/6/08 1:33 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone inform me how to change the ink absorber pads on a Canon Prima IB3000 Printer, and where I could purchase the pads

Thanks

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (1/7/08 11:36 AM) reply + / -

Thought i'd have to replace my whole printer as couldn't find anyone to replace the ink absorber on ip2000 till i read this thread. The website above (given by soimeone earlier in thread) did job perfectly first time. Apparantly its just a reset code - whatever it was saved me a packet. Try it and see

Nellie

Re: Re: waste ink absorber canon pixma ip 1500 by EROCK (2/9/08 10:04 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Ron....worked like a charm. I also took out the waste ink absorber (easily removed simply pulling it out). Then I took a small, 6 ounce glass jar, placed the ink absorber in it, and filled it half full with warm water, & put a in few drops of LOC at full strength (available from Quixtar) Then I shook it up for a couple of minutes, then rinsed it out well with warm water, and dried it by dabbing it with paper towels, so no need even to buy another one!

Your instructions on re-setting the counter did the trick. I first unplugged the printer, then held down the left 'on button', and plugged it back in. Then I released the on button. Then I pressed and released this button again, and was good to go. The process took about 10 minutes, start to finish.

I guess Canon would rather have you buy a new printer than put this simple instruction in their manuals. Now all the ink that I have on hand that I bought on line will not go to waste, as I don't think the PIXMA iP 1500's are still available for sale.

EROCK

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber .. on Canon Pixma MP110 by Anonymous (2/12/08 11:47 PM) reply + / -
if anyone can help me
The waste ink absorber is almostfull on Canon Pixma MP110
any help will be much appriciated

thanks
jonathan neumann

Replacing Waste Ink Absorbers on Pixma ip2000 by ronetyvonnew (edited 5/6/08 3:40 PM) reply + / -
I have hust joined the club! My ink absorbers are "almosr full". Using threads and information form this excellent site I have reset the printer but am concerned that I WILL WITHOUT DOUBT be getting ibk all over my desk if I don't do somesthing about replacing the abdorbers - either myself or by using a Canon Service Center. Ugh! I can't afford around £60.00 to get it done (pensioner on fixed state pension).

Please, please, please, can someone tell me how to identify the absorbers and - just as important! - how to open up my printer to get at 'em?

I, and probably most members of this 'club', would be eternally gratefull (and eternally is a long, long time!)

So many, many, thanks for any advice or help or both.

Ron.

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (3/16/08 3:54 PM) reply + / -
This link's printer reset directions worked beautiful as I was in the middle of printing a lot of brochures for my fishing charter business when the old Canon ip2000 just wouldn't print anymore at all due to 'waste absorber' FULL message. This really saved my day! Thanks to whoever posted that info.....

Re: The waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma IP2000 by Beflat (3/17/08 8:31 AM) reply+1 + / -
Message on screen says it is FULL and the printer does not work. How can I remove it so I can clean it or how can I reset the sensor?

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by kenaud (3/21/08 10:25 PM) reply + / -
I will be most grateful for a Canon pixma ip3000 & a canon pixma ip2500 service manual.Thanks for your help.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by kenaud (3/28/08 7:32 AM) reply + / -
If possible please send a canon pixma ip3000 service manual to my email address.
Thanks.
kenaud@sisterisles.kn

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by vashi (4/16/08 11:27 PM) reply + / -
Sir,
I had tried your suggestion but still m facing d same problem. please help with more sugestion.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by vashi (4/16/08 11:34 PM) reply + / -
Sir,
I am using printer ip1300 for the last on year. and now while giving a print command i am getting a message saying "Ink absorder Full. Contact Service centre". Please help me. Thank you

Re: waste ink absorber canon pixma ip 2000 (et al) by ronetyvonnew (5/6/08 3:36 PM) reply + / -
I think that by now we all KNOW that it is possible to renew or reinstall the so called "waste ink absorber" on our Canon iPxxxx printers. But how to get INTO the darn things to do it without causing dammage is our problem.

If anyone can - and will - explain then thousands of we timerous people should be for ever grateful. How about it you wise men (and women)?

Thank you in anticipation . . . . .

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (5/18/08 12:06 PM) reply+2 + / -
open printer. with gloves or unless you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Open top of printer lid, carefully, pull out spongey grey piece at bottom of printer. to your left side is a piece of plastic, pull that off and below it is another sponge. Carefully pull this out as well. Wash and squeeze excess water. replace. YOU MAY WANT TO USE A FLASHLIGHT TO BE SURE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. UNplug printer, hold button. restart, release button - as described above. Keep trying. Then do a bottom plate cleaning. keep trying eventually everything resets and you can continue working. To remove ink from hands and plastic, use alcohol.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by Anonymous (5/24/08 12:45 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon Pixma MP110. Is the procedure for cleaning the blotters the same as for the IP3000 please? Thank you.

GETTING AT waste ink absorber - canon printers by ronetyvonnew (5/24/08 1:17 AM) reply + / -
Hello everyone - I am still using my IP2000 after resetting it but I KNOW that sooner or later I am going to have an overflow of waste ink from the waste ink abdorber.
Although I have tried twice before, no one has offered any information on HOW TO OPEN UP THE PRINTER SAFELY to get at those wretched absorbers!
If you, who at this moment happen to be reading this, know how to get inside the ip2000 - or it would seem, ANY Canon printer because they are all built to suffer the same fate - then there will be hundreds of us who would be for ever grateful for the information.
So, please, please, please . . . . if you know how to open up ANY Canon printer to get at the waste ink absorber . . . . TELL US!
I would willingly pay £10.00 for the information re the ip2000 - now, any takers?

Re: Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (7/14/08 9:18 PM) reply + / -
Thanks a million, it worked a treat.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by chris eatherton (8/1/08 4:02 AM) reply + / -
Thank you all. Worked a treat

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by shumba70 (8/2/08 6:19 PM) reply + / -
I have a Canon IP2000 which has just come to a stand still with the waste ink tank absorber being full or some such alarm signal. I tried the reset procedure which has worked. Now I'm not sure whether to try pulling the casing apart or not, to clean the absorbers.
Having thought about it and the fact that the printer has given me about three years life and originally cost less than $100 and now I can buy an updated new one for $59 I think the annual cost is good, so may not waste any more time on it.
I don't however approve of Canons approach to this and their hiding of information regarding any corrective measures. I was quoted $98 to fix it by a Canon approved service centre. The whole thing stinks so I may buy HP in future.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by ronetyvonnew (8/3/08 4:31 AM) reply + / -
I think you will find that all printers are 'equiped' with this 'problem'. If I am wrong, please, will someoned tell me?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Anonymous (8/13/08 8:09 PM) reply + / -
With the printer on, open the lids and wait for the ink tanks to center, as when you put new ink tanks in. Unplug printer. With a flashlight, good tweezers, and small hands (or enlist the help of someone who has them, or get loooong tweezers), reach in over the right where the ink tanks usually rest. Carefully remove the two pads which are held in only by a formed rubber foot. These two pads are porous but stiff plastic. Rinse them in water (in a bowl and carefully so that you don't lose them down the sink!) until the water stays clean. Thoroughly dry them by gently squeezing between paper towels. Swab area that they were sitting in with cotton swabs if you see any pools of loose ink. Replace pads. Reset printer's computer as described above, print a few test pages if neccessary, and everything should be okay! This is what I just successfully did with my Canon Pixma iP3000.

Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by barbhening (8/19/08 4:31 PM) reply + / -
I got the message ink absorber full. I called Precision Roller (where I buy my ink) in Phoenix Arizona and they also sell parts. For $5 I bought a new ink absorber pad. I cleaned out the bottom, pulled out the pad with tweezers. It took all of 5 minutes and put in the clean one. You just have to move the ink cartridges from one side of the carriage to the ohter other. The absorber just sits inside a cavity.

Now, however, I need to know how to get fix the code so the message doesn't continue to come up. Any help out there?

Thanks. Barbara

Re: Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by Anonymous (8/20/08 12:07 AM) reply + / -
You could try this - it re-sets some (if not all) Canon Printers.

Reset ip2000 / 3000

1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal..

Good lick!

Ron

HELP D: by Anonymous (9/6/08 9:33 PM) reply + / -
uumm the paper wont feed.

Re: Re: Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by eVeXeOn (9/11/08 3:39 AM) reply + / -
HELPPPPPPP! I have a canon ip pixma 1500 and it says an error service tools 5100.. Where can I get a replacement, does anyone know? I am begining to think this is a ploy to get me to buy another printer!!!! and its only one and 2 months. If someone has a logical answer please tell me! i am begging you pleazzzzz helllpppp meeee...i try everything to fixed it.but it since no improvement.

sometimes will print then when i getting turn off my printer then on it will appear the problem start flashing the orenge....
Thanks

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP by shumba70 (9/11/08 2:49 PM) reply + / -
I just want to thank everyone who put information in here. It helped me so much.
To reset the IP2000 printer was very easy, then I was worried about how to take the casing apart to get to the absorbers. After a few reads here and by chance a small tool kit from my daughter for fathers day that had a long pair of tweezers they lifted out easily and washed and replaced. Now all is well again, thank you everyone.

Just in case anyone hasnt found them yet the ink absobers (pads) can be easily seen after opening the front lid with the machine turned on and after the ink cartridges move to centre. Turn off the machine and then just look into the right hand side where the cartridges moved from and down below there are two small pads about half and inch by a quarter inch. One is smaller than the other and both about an 1/16 inch thick set into a rubber holder. lift with the tweezers and remove. They are held into the rubber "box" by two small tags that can be seen, use a light or a torch, its quite easy to remove them. They look like a plastic/fibre composite a little hard. I hope my small entry here is of some help.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (9/17/08 2:09 AM) reply + / -
anyone knows how to remove the waste ink absorber from Canon MP110?

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP by dandeliondream (9/17/08 2:11 AM) reply + / -
"They are held into the rubber "box" by two small tags that can be seen, use a light or a torch, its quite easy to remove them. "

Where is the small tags?

Re: Re: Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by Anonymous (9/17/08 8:08 PM) reply + / -
I have a ip3000 and had the famous 'ink absorber full warning'. I had to power down by pulling the power plug as the ink cartriges moved to the left since that was the only way I could get the inks to stay out of the way.

I removed the small pads on the right side. I cleaned the pads w/ a paper towel (just by squeeing the paper towel over the pads in between my fingers to soak up the ink and carefully wiped down the base where they sit).

After reinstalling the pads...the error kept coming up and not allowing me to print. I followed the reset directions that you gave and it cleared the error on the first try.

I'm good to go!

So for any one whom has the ip3000, this is a quick fix that does not require tech support.

Cudos to you, anonymous 08/20/08!!!

jc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/5/08 7:39 PM) reply+1 + / -
It seems your ip3000 ink absorber problem has been solved. Can you Please help me to fix mine

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Anonymous (10/5/08 7:44 PM) reply + / -
Can you please tell me how you reset the printer ip3000 after cleaning the ink absorber.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ash1977 (11/24/08 11:37 PM) reply + / -
elo everyone! i have a printer jere,canon pixma ip3000 and the 1st error is service error 5100. i had resetted it following the procedures above but when i tried to print a test page, the service error will again appear.. any comments/ suggestions on how to fix my printer? i had also used the canon resseter software but everytime that u had to chose the printer,the error will again appear.. thanks in advance.. email me..

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (12/1/08 7:04 PM) reply + / -
Would you show me how to get to the waste ink absorber on my Canon ip3000 printer?

Canon Pixma IP300 -no power-on by Tinminer (12/3/08 2:51 PM) reply + / -
Good day to all, I am having problems with a Canon Pixma iP3000 and would like to obtain the service manual with circuit diagrams please. If anyone is able to assist please let me know how many fingers need to be sacraficed.
Fault- depress ON button, green light on until release switch. No responce with additional pressing ON. Maybe Power supply? PC doesnt see printer at all. Had power outages during electrical storms recently.

The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by Donna Reed (12/6/08 12:58 PM) reply + / -
I would love to have a copy of the Service manual for the IP3000, if it tells you how to get to the waste ink absorber.

Could you please email it to me at DonnaReed1@aol.com. Our waste ink absorber is almost full and we need to do something about it soon.

Thanks, Donna

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by Anonymous (12/6/08 4:20 PM) reply + / -
To Donna Reed . . . . .Your email address is NOT recognised. Please correct it to receive what information I have.
Ron

Cleaning ink absorbers - Canon Pixma iP2000 by Ronals Williams (12/7/08 2:37 AM) reply + / -
I offer here a re-print of a message I found on this site. I followed the instructions and found them simple and effective - but wear rubber gloves or take care not to handle the absormers or you'll get inky fingers! All that said, are these two pads REALLY the ink absorbers? Answers please!

"I just want to thank everyone who put information in here. It helped me so much.
To reset the IP2000 printer was very easy (see other postings - Ron), then I was worried about how to take the casing apart to get to the absorbers. After a few reads here and by chance a small tool kit from my daughter for fathers day that had a long pair of tweezers (almost essential! Ron)they lifted out easily and washed and replaced. Now all is well again, thank you everyone.

Just in case anyone hasn’t found them yet the ink absorbers (pads) can be easily seen after opening the front lid with the machine turned on and after the ink cartridges move to centre(and remain there as with cartridge changes - have a torch handy! Ron). Turn off the machine and then just look into the right hand side where the cartridges moved from and down below there are two small pads about half and inch by a quarter inch. One is smaller than the other and both about an 1/16 inch thick set into a rubber holder. lift with the tweezers and remove. They are held into the rubber "box" by two small tags that can be seen, use a light or a torch, its quite easy to remove them. They look like a plastic/fibre composite a little hard. I hope my small entry here is of some help."

I would like to credit the writer of that posting with his name but regret I didn't make a note of it.

I am told that most Canon Printers have a similar set-up . . . .

Ron

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by Anonymous (12/7/08 4:18 AM) reply + / -
Hello Donna Reed,

See my posting AND THE ONE ABOVE IT.
Sorry your email address seems to be incorrecr.
Ron

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by StuArtSonofAl (12/7/08 10:15 PM) reply + / -
Wow this has got to be the biggest scam on the planet, next to our governments. With modern technology the way it is one would think that Canon would put the ink absorbers in a pull out tray and place the reset code on the start up CD. Simple and effective.

Canon Pixma IP500 by chatbaz (12/18/08 1:09 AM) reply + / -
hi
when i press power button after few second it stop and dont do any work and its LED will yellow and green. whats wrong??
please help me!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (12/19/08 10:19 AM) reply + / -
Chatbaz,... first off I don't think there is such a thing as an ip500. Maybe an iP5000. Also, the flashing lights is telling you there is an error condition. To give us more information you need to count the number of yellow/orange flashes. That is the error code.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by StuArtSonofAl (12/19/08 8:13 PM) reply + / -
Mine says it's full, I cleaned it out, dried it out, Say's full. I might use it as a back up if I could find the code for the ink absorber. So I bought a new Lexmark 9500. Hell of a deal.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (12/19/08 10:57 PM) reply + / -
StuartSonofAl,.. The reset sequnce is post up above in this same thread. I'm sure you must have read all the previous posts and seen the reset sequnce. Git it a try, it really works.

The Canon iP3000 is 10 times better machine than the Lexmark. You'll be sorry someday.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by connie42 (12/23/08 4:33 AM) reply + / -
For months I've been seeing waste ink absorber ALMOST full. Of course the printer kept working so I just ignored it. Well, last night it was FULL. The end I thought. I found this forum and chose your post. It made the most sense. I followed all the steps for cleaning, incl. the gloves and put it back together. Nothing. Thought, who am I to fix a printer, Just an old granny. I must have put something back in wrong. Guess I need a new printer.
But wait. This morning one last try. I followed the steps given by tigerwan (4/19/07 6:05 PM. Everything is working, no warnings. I think it was the combination of your cleaning and the reset.
If I can do it anyone can.
Connie

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by WhisperingWolf (12/31/08 6:38 PM) reply + / -
In my case, the message is that the waste ink absorber IS full and I am unable totally to print until I fix this problem. I am on SSI disability and am totally unable to pay someone to fix this for me and so need to learn how to do it myself.
I am a complete and total computer nerd: all I know is what others have shown me what to do and how to do it. This means that I will need incredibly DETAILED instructions on what to do about this problem.
If anyone could help me with this problem, I would be awesomely grateful!
Thanx so much in advance.

Hopefully,
Whispering Wolf

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by WhisperingWolf (12/31/08 7:18 PM) reply + / -
Omigod, I am so eternally grateful for all the information posted on here I only wish I had seen it before I posted my message for help. But I am a new user here and an opportunity to post a message came up first before I got here where all the messages are so I posted a request for help.
Thank you so very much. The "turn off and on and push buttons" advice worked great! However, I have a feeling it's just a band-aid, so to speak, and that at some point I may need the reset code and quite possibly to replace the waste ink absorber pads altogether. Am I correct in this assumption? And if so, how do I go about finding the reset code? I have a Canon Pixma IP 3000.
Thanx again for the help.

Gratefully,
Whispering Wolf

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ron350 (edited 1/3/09 11:43 AM) reply + / -
First thing you need to do is print an EEPROM information page, step number 2 below.
Once you have an EEPROM print you can reset the waste ink counter, if needed, which is step number 4 below.

Service Mode: This printer has a service mode for service-related settings and for performing test prints. The operator panel buttons are used to enter the desired service mode.
Service Mode Operations

With the printer powered off, hold down the "Resume Button" and press the "Power Button".

While holding down the "Power Button", release the RResume Button" and press the "Resume Button" twice in succession. Now release the "Power Button".

The indicator will blink in green and remain lit in green.

Select one of the following service mode functions by pressing the “Resume Button” the specified number of times.

1 time = Service test print.
2 times = EEPROM information print.
3 times = EEPROM initialization
4 times = Waste ink counter resetting
5 times = Destination settings
6 times = Print head deep cleaning

Then press the “Power Button” one time to perform selected function.

If you press the "Power Button" two times it will take you out of service mode.

This information is listed above in this thread and many times in other Canon threads in this forum. I simplified Canons wording so I could remember the service mode functions easier.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Ndo (1/2/09 11:57 PM) reply + / -
The last post by Ron 350 was my service manual. Thanks a million times mate.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma iP by Anonymous (1/12/09 3:13 AM) reply + / -
My printer is Canon Pixma iP 1000.
Message onscreen says The waste ink absorber is full.
How can i solve it & print my job now.
Please solve it.
I am waiting for ur response.
Pranab
kaz_9193@yahoo.com

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP10 by pranab (1/12/09 3:17 AM) reply + / -
My printer is Canon Pixma iP 1000.
Message onscreen says The waste ink absorber is full.
How can i solve it & print my job now.
Please solve it.
I am waiting for ur response.
Pranab
kaz_9193@yahoo.com

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by WhisperingWolf (1/12/09 10:20 AM) reply+1 + / -
Very detailed instructions are given in the messages in this thread, I followed them and they really helped me a lot. it sounds like you need to actually take out the waste ink absorber pads and clean them at this point. The above-mentioned instructions also tell how to do that. Good luck. May you have as great success as I have had.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by moira (1/16/09 12:32 PM) reply + / -
howya folks
got the waste absorber full message, cleaned & reset ... now it'll print except that the colours are off (it's not printing yellow) & i've used a whole new cartridge on cleaning & deep cleaning ... any clues before i trash it? thanks! (will be avoiding canon like the plague after this ...)

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon S630 by mkec (1/24/09 11:19 AM) reply + / -
Changed out the ink cartridges, cleaned the absorber pads, cleaned the cartridge.

Tried the reset steps several times, and it just doesn't want to take. Best I got, was the Windows XP decided that it was new hardware, and I had to reinstall the drivers. But, the waste ink full indication is still coming up.

Is there any alternative way to get the reset code to work? I have tried power cycle while holding the ON/OFF down, I have done the reset options, both from power on status as well as starting from power off status. I have tried clean power button off after the settings change, as well as just yanking the power cord after going through the settings change.

Considering I still have two full black ink cartridges sitting on the shelf, this is a just a little bit annoying that I need to buy a new printer. Needless to say, it will NOT be a Cannon printer this time.

Head on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Tinminer (1/24/09 2:54 PM) reply + / -
Canon, drat, Printer had colour problem was not printing yellow.Went through all the possibles suggested here and anywhere I could find.

Last resort ... replace the head.

Installed a brand new head,(A$95) complete with a new set of cartridges, (purchased A$80 to make sure it was all working before I attempted to fit a brand new CSS purchased to fit before the first head died A$120). Already having the CSS was the reason for persisting, and I have an EPSON that has CSS fitted put 3+Litres of ink through and still going strong.

WELL BUGGER ME THE BLACK DID NOT WORK ON THE BRAND NEW HEAD...BUT THE YELLOW DOES NOW!!!!!! Tried all the get it going tips again but alas.. nothing. No warranty once the seal wrap is opened on parts(new Head).

I WILL NEVER BUY CANON AGAIN WHILE MY REAR END POINTS TO THE GROUND.

Re: The waste ink absorber ..on Canon Pixma IP1000 by hooiyin (2/2/09 7:21 AM) reply + / -
i'm Canon Pixma iP 1000 user.
may i know how to solve it?
may send detail to yinyin_chy@yahoo.com.
thanks for any respond..

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by connie42 (2/2/09 10:51 AM) reply + / -
I did this

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (5/18/08 12:06 PM) reply +2 + / -
open printer. with gloves or unless you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Open top of printer lid, carefully, pull out spongey grey piece at bottom of printer. to your left side is a piece of plastic, pull that off and below it is another sponge. Carefully pull this out as well. Wash and squeeze excess water. replace. YOU MAY WANT TO USE A FLASHLIGHT TO BE SURE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. UNplug printer, hold button. restart, release button - as described above. Keep trying. Then do a bottom plate cleaning. keep trying eventually everything resets and you can continue working. To remove ink from hands and plastic, use alcohol.

And then this, works great

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by tigerwan (4/19/07 10:05 AM) reply + / -

1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights in
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the
Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time
the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes,

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pi by Edward Neville (2/2/09 11:14 AM) reply + / -
What to do when the dialog box says the Waste Absorber is nearly full

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (2/14/09 9:10 AM) reply + / -
Thank you!
This tip is good for Pixma iP2000 too.

Re: waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP2000 by dave909 (2/16/09 3:38 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I just want to say a huge thanks to everyone above, esp Ron350 for very clear instructions. The 'waste ink absorber is nearly full' message was driving me up the wall these past few days, tried Canon website, user manual etc all to no avail. Twigged it was allegedly a service technician only problem so was just about to e-mail Canon for a diy solution when I googled "waste ink absorber"... well you know the rest! Reset solution great, and 10 mins with a torch and long nosed pliers - job done! Shame to waste a tot of vodka on cleaning the pads, but at least printer's back on task. Thanks again!

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (2/19/09 2:19 PM) reply + / -
To take out the waste ink absorber ip 3000.Note: You may wish to use plastic gloves the first time through this. You will need tweezers or forcepts, amonia, q tips, flat small srew driver.
Take off the ip3000 covers. Start from the rear of the two side covers and pull out away from the body it will give , then put pressure on the front, to pull away from body, (about 1/2 inch front and rear) finally locate the two tabs under the left and right sides of the outer side covers and nunge em loose. too much nudge you break it to little it doesn't come loose. Just enough pressure the two covers will pop loose with out breaking.
Big major cover ; find and locate two arrows just inside the paper tray fold down hinge and incert flat head screw driver to push back the tab and the cover will release. Look carefully for the two arrows that indicate where to incert the flat blade of a small screw driver. The top two squares (look sort of like shoulder pads ) on the top slide off and pop off. The top hinge over the print mechinism just detaches with a little pressure. There are two othe slots to pushe in the screw driver find them push gently and the covers i
Now you can see what your are doing. with the covers off.
power off. slide ink head to the left. On the far right under where the print head sits are two ink pads just under the print head. take tweezers and remove them from the square rubber holders one is rectangular about 3/4 inch the other about 3/8 inch square. The rubber holder has tiney tabs to hold the pads in place. The pads are small wafer in size, grab carefully, be careful not to drop it into the mechinism. They will lift clear of the rubber boot or rubber linner that surounds it. Under the pads the boot will have two holes in each area of the rubber boot holder. This stuff is small no bigger than a pinkey finger nail. The boot holder can be removed with same tweezers but don't let the twezer cut the rubber. clean with amonia ( clear house cleaning amonia.) Let the wafers soak in full strength with house hold amonia and it will come completely clean. The wafers are made of a porous plastic. Amonia will clean it almost back to pure white in about 5 minutes. Amonia will clean the inside of the printers plastic surfaces too if necessary. air dry with blow dryer and repace. Look for the plastic wipers that will clean with Q tips dipped in amonia. Wipes from front to rear touching the print heads.
The big wase absorber pad is on the left and I used my printer for two years, and found the pad to be clean and had only one drop of ink in it ... go fugure. The pad sits in a big tray and can hold it seems to me 4 to 6 oz of Ink! I didn't take it out, It didn't need it. To get to it you will probably have to remove the entire print mechinism from the base. two or more screws in the back left and right. Have fun. I dind't have to go that far my big absorber pads were not used much although I printed every day for two yrs!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by apayne (3/9/09 5:17 PM) reply + / -
this web site comes closer to the help that i need, but how do i get more detailed instructions?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma mp11 by Anonymous (3/11/09 3:19 AM) reply + / -
First in english. Have been following this site and I do not unerstand how to fix my printer!!!???? Please can anyone help ?
Press that and press this....My Pixma mp110 do not have same codes as yours, over there. Ink waste stays full.Maybe must get a new one. But if someone there hear me, please help. If you can finish, the better. Many thanks and regards from Finland.

Re: The waste ink absorber on Canon Pixma MP110 by FiaLotta (4/14/09 10:22 AM) reply + / -
So many questions and so few answers! Or isn't any support available at Canon suppliers?
Is there an answer for a Swedish Pixma MP110 user how to proceed?
I haven't found one, but I truly hope this will give me a helpful description about my very printer.
Lots of love to my salvator!

The waste ink absorber . on Canon Pixma mp110 by Anonymous (5/10/09 12:15 AM) reply + / -
The waste Ink absorber is a small, deep sponge, located where the cartridges rest when the printer is idle. Although you can technically reset the counter on the amount of ink held in the absorber, if you overfill it, over time you will start to have color staining on your cartridges, since your carts clean up on it after every cycle, at the extreme, you can have ink residue build up under your printer. Online printer supply shops can sell you a replacement absorber cheap.

However, since I am skilled in the art of "frugal" you can also do things this way. You will need some rubber gloves, rubbing alcohol, and a small prying tool.

1) Locate the absorber at the bottom right of the cartridge path
2) With gloves on, pry up the absorber (if you have the almost full warning, be prepared for some good splatter.)
3) In a small dish with a small amount of rubbing alcohol, shake the absorber around for a short while to moisten the outer ink.
4) Rinse the absorber in a metal sink (porcelain can stain) with more alcohol, then leave it to dry.
5) Replace and make sure the absorber is seated the same as when you took it out.

Then you want to reset the counter for the absorber.
1) Enter the Service Menu by keying = Menu,Scan,Copy,Scan.
2) Use the arrows to navigate to Service Menu Counter Access. then press OK.
3) Use the arrows to navigate to ABS-M Dot Count, press Copy.
4) Use the arrows until the count is zero, press OK then Reset.
5) For good measure, turn the printer off and on.

like brand new!

Ink Absorber is Full Canon iP1300 by coolflame (7/21/09 12:41 AM) reply + / -
what should i do with my printer?

any one could answer?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (7/21/09 9:51 PM) reply + / -
Coolflame,... I assume you have the Canon iP3000. Did you mean to ask, "How can I fix my Printer", or did you just want advice on how to get rid of it?

If your problem is "The ink Absorber is Full", then I can easily tell you how to fix it this time. But what about next time, when the ink is spilling on your carpet????

If you want to know more, send me an email, by clicking on my USER ID, with specific information on what your problem is, what you have tried to fix it, and more information on how you use your printer, what ink you use, etc. This will help me to understand how you got into this position. I'll tell you how to fix it.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by StuArtSonofAl (7/21/09 10:07 PM) reply + / -
Problem solved, I took it to the computer shop and the recycled it. Bought a LexMark X9575 great machine, fax, copy, scans and prints.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by StuArtSonofAl (7/22/09 2:51 PM) reply + / -
I am not sorry. My LexMark printer produces a far better picture then the cannon ever did. It also has a copier, scanner and fax. I paid $160.Canadian, on sale at Future World in Vernon B.C. As just a printer, the Cannon would have cost $100. Ink cartridges are comparable in price. I have no regrets.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (8/4/09 2:34 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for the fix. My printer quit just when I put in new ink. It hasn't worked in months and now it is printing perfectly. Thanks again!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by taylz (8/20/09 3:18 PM) reply + / -
Many thanks to one and all. Just finished cleaning and resetting as per the advice given in this thread. My IP300 now working a treat. Suggest to anyone that you read right through this thread and your questions will be answered.Many many thanks.

Re: The waste ink absorber Canon Pixma IP2000 by tom153 (8/21/09 6:32 AM) reply + / -
I found and cleaned the small half inch by quarter inch hard plastic pads under the print heads. But I still had a nagging doubt. "Those aren't large enough to hold 4 years worth of waste ink" I thought to myself. So I took the lid off the printer to investigate further.
First a word of caution to anyone out there thinking of doing the same. Disconnecting the electricity and USB cables before you start is pretty obvious. What's not so obvious is that many electronic devices contain capacitors. They store electricity and if you discharge one by accident, the best that you can hope for is that you survive, although your printer's electronics probably won't (& you might not!) I don't know if Canons printers store that much electricity, but it's best to make sure that you don't touch the electrical bits.
OK for those brave enough (or should that be foolhardy?) this is what I found.
In the lower back corner of the printer behind the print heads is an open topped tank. It's L shaped. The long bit of the "L" is about 4 inches by 1 inch by 3 inches deep and the bottom of the "L" is under a round cylinder (probable the waste ink pump). The tank on my printer contained pieces of absorbent felt - 7 in all, each about a quarter of an inch thick, to stop the waste ink sloshing about.
I removed the felt with long tweezers, washed them under the shower (it makes a mess - be warned!!) and now they're drying out on top of the central heating boiler (I did a similar refurb on a Canon S200X a couple of years ago & the pads on that took about a week to dry out).

So for everyone who is just cleaning those small plastic rectangles and resetting the waste ink counter - when that plastic "L" shaped tank gets full you're going to have waste ink sloshing round inside your printer (on my printer it looked like that would have happened in about 2 more years - I've been using it 4 already). It looks like it's designed to overflow into the area under the print heads first so you might get a bit of warning, before it makes a mess and wrecks your printer but don't count on it.

One other thing, the case on my IP2000 is mostly held together with plastic clips & they break if you use too much force.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (8/23/09 9:02 PM) reply + / -
Ihave i865 and pixma 3000 .I same time i resived this message
"The waste ink absorber is almost full.
Press the printer's RESUME button to restart printing".
How i reset this on ip3000 and i865?

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Horst Dubiel (8/27/09 8:10 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
I wonder if you could help me. I saw a note on a page of
fixyourownprinter.com, which said: email me if you still need a service manual for ip3000

I would need a service manual for Canon Pixma IP3000, because I
have lost mine.
The printer will not print. It is giving an error code
(flashing 5 times orange light, then green, then 5 times orange, etc.).
I would like to look up in the manual what that error code of the
flashing lights means, so I can get the printer to print again.

Is it possible you could send me such a manual? (in pdf format would
be fine).

Best regards
Horst Dubiel
www.dubiel.dk
horst.dubiel@mail.tele.dk

iP90 - How reset the waste ink counter? by Larry Sulak (9/27/09 12:37 PM) reply + / -
We have used the techniques for resetting the waste ink counter for our iP90 that have been posted for other models with some success.

Does anyone have specific experience resetting the waste ink counter for the iP90?

Thanks,
Larry and Beth

The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP2600 by nukescripts (10/2/09 6:47 PM) reply + / -
This is a very useful guide that I can tell. However I have an iP2600 with the warning message "Ink Absorber Is Almost Full". Pretty much the same message everyone else seems to have. Checked on the price of taking it to service and found I can buy 2 replacement iP2600's for the cost so I bought one.

What really bugs me is the printer is only 7 months old and giving that error so I want to know if anyone here has the guide suited to my machines?

Would be nice to put the old unit on the kids computer so mine doesn't get used as much and have a backup so I don't need to go buy a replacement again.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by fran odonnell (10/11/09 7:08 PM) reply + / -
My Printer is a pixma ip6222od it is saying error and will not print It says the waste ink absorber is full A replacement is needed. I called stores and they knew nothing about it. I have only had it a short time How can I repair it. I need it.
thank you

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (10/11/09 10:44 PM) reply + / -
Fran,.. It is hard to believe that you have only had this printer for a short time and you are already getting the "Waste Ink Error". Typically this does not occur for a couple of years. UNLESS YOU ARE USING THE PRINTER AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT.

This printer is primarily designed for printing photo and uses the CL-51 and the CL-52, and each one contains 3 colors. The bad news is if you use this printer to print any amount of normal text documents using black only, you will empty the black long before the other colors, and you will have to throw away any color ink left, as the printer will force you to replace the black ink cart.

I do not have a Repair Manual nor a Canon Service Manual for the iP6220D, since I don't support this printer. However, with all my experience in every other model of Canon printer I believe I can give you the necessary information on how to Reset the built in Waste Ink Counter. Since I have never had one of these printers I can not be certain, but ALL THE OTHER CANON PIXMA PRINTERS USE THE EXACT SAME RESET PROCEEDURE,...SO IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOU.

Here are the instructions on reseting the waset ink counter. These instructions were posted above by connie so I just copied them to his note since they are correct.

Some day in the distant furture you will have to take the printer apart to clean out those waste ink pads, but for right now I think just reseting the counter should last you another year.

If your ever need help in taking it apart, just click on my USER ID and send me an email and I will send you more information about my Repair Manuals.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (10/14/09 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Would love your help! Where do we find the ink absorber, AND can you pass on the code to us?! GIRLS NEED HELP! <3

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (10/14/09 9:49 AM) reply + / -
Anonymous,...The first part is simple, you can purchase the ink abxorbers directly from the Canon Parts department. The next part is where it gets difficult. To get at the old waste ink absorbers, you need to TOTALLY DISASSEMBLE the printer down to the plastic base where the absorbers are located. If you take it to a Canon Service center they will charge you anywhere from $75 to $100 labor to do the work plus $10-$15 for the parts.

You can do the work yourself if you know how to follow instructions and use a screwdriver (and you have some patients).

If you want more informtion, just click on my USER ID and send me an email and I will respond.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by StuArtSonofAl (10/14/09 8:34 PM) reply + / -
Thank you folks for trying to help me out but my printer passed onto a higher life form, the recycle bin.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by nathanplane (10/15/09 1:58 AM) reply + / -
I am came across this thread for the similar problem. some of guideline really work for me.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP000 by Anonymous (10/20/09 7:32 AM) reply + / -
I have a canon pixma ip1600 & am having the same problem please someone help!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (10/21/09 8:54 PM) reply + / -
Anonymous,... I have never worked on a iP1600 and don't plan to. These are cheap throw away printers,.. so just do that and buy a GOOD Printer.

HP C4488 cartridge not compatible by Anonymous (10/21/09 9:15 PM) reply + / -
i have printer model of C4488. I had refilled once. Next time when ink run out I replace with new cartridge. When I switch o my printer and gave print command i got a message saying "Print Cartidge not Compatible". What might be the problem. Anyone any solution for this? Please help me. My printer is only 4 months old.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (10/22/09 8:14 PM) reply + / -
The HP printers are very stuborn about the ink carts... some of the check the expiration date of the ink cart and won't accept one out of date. It would take me too long to explain how to get past this, plus you need the education. Search this web site with the question,..."HP print Cartridge not compatible" and you will find all kinds of answers. Try them they work.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Elbertf2 (11/14/09 2:03 PM) reply + / -
Hello ron350,

I tried the other people's instructions many times,for my Pixma ip3000, but it never worked. Then I found your instructions that included "First thing you need to do is print an EEPROM information page, step number 2 below." I did that and then continued the instructions, and it is working again. THANK YOU, ron350.

You included the detail that I needed to reset my machine. Thank you, Thank you.

Now, if only my waste ink tank does not overflow. :)

elbertf2

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ron350 (11/14/09 9:08 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Elbertf2 glad to help and glad you could understand all of that.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by cloudboy (1/1/10 1:17 PM) reply + / -
I do want to thank all those who posted on this site regarding the waste ink pad issue. The info is helpful as far as it goes, but it would be very helpful if there was an illustrated or U-tube tutorial on how to disassemble the Canon Pixma iP3000 in order to get to the waste pad. I don't want to break a plastic tab or something. I live in Panama and it isn't easy finding parts and replacements for a printer that uses non chipped cartridges like the iP3000. I want to hold onto to it as long as possible. If anyone knows of a detailed/illustrated/video tutorial then you will rock!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (1/1/10 6:46 PM) reply + / -
cloudboy,... Thanks for contacting me. I've already sent you the document with the description of one of my typical manuals. I'm sure you know that the ip3000 is a great printer and you need to do whatever you can to keep it in top condition. It will last you forever. If anything does every fail, Canon is still selling spare parts. I find this amazing and I hope it continues for every. No other printer company even has Service manuals nor do the keep spare parts. The don't have service departments since they make throw away printers, they don't want anyone to ever consider repairing one. The just want you to go buy another of their *&%#%^$$^ printers.

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by roddus (1/9/10 5:50 PM) reply + / -
Hi Eugene,Good on Ya, give them stick!!These printer companies could'nt care less about the"poor" consumer.Don't buy an Epson because you can't refill them unless you've got a re~setter.I'm an Artist in Fremantle,Western Australia and I've gone through 7 printers in 2 years.Cheers, Rod McKenzie

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma by gstuart (1/18/10 7:00 AM) reply + / -
trigger1937 :

can you help me to open printer case ? ( pixma ip3000 )

gstuart1@tampabay.rr.com

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (1/18/10 11:01 AM) reply + / -
gstuart,... Since you sent me an email I have returned to you by email more instructions. I will wait for further contact by email

reseting waste ink counter on Canon Pixma iP90 by lsulak (1/24/10 7:23 AM) reply + / -
Dear Trigger,
My superb, portable iP90 sends a message that it's waste ink absorber full, and the LED blinks orange 8 times repeatedly upon turn-on. Since there are no equivalent products on the market for someone who has to travel, I took the thing carefully apart and swabbed out the extra ink (I'm a EE.)

But how to reset the counter? None of the procedures on this site. For example, here are the responses I get from the machine using your procedure:
1) to 3) work fine. When I get to 4) the light is orange, not green, and pressing Resume/Cancel the 4 times does not elicit an alteration of colors. Indeed at this stage the orange light is hard on. Pressing the Power button does nothing. One must pull the plug to turn the machine off.

For 5), this machine does not feature a function (menu) to select. So it cannot return to

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by John H. Bisack II (1/31/10 8:25 AM) reply + / -
Darisayen, I have a canon IP3000 and if you could "E" mail a copy to me as an attachment , I sure would be grateful. John,BZAK22@gmail.com. John

Re: Re: Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by Anonymous (2/27/10 9:43 AM) reply + / -
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT WORKED
ROBERT

Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (3/13/10 4:17 AM) reply + / -
Thank you Eugene - your info was very helpful.
Just to enlarge for other readers:
1. Open the front of your printer & when ink cartridges reach far left side, pull the plug - you cannot just turn printer off because cartridges go back to middle.
2. To the right of the printer, below where the ink cartridges normally sit, there are 2 small pads (one oblong & one square). these can be removed - I found a pair of tweezers useful for picking them up because I dropped the square one down into the printer.
3. Squeeze each of these pads between tissues to remove the ink and replace them.
4. Reconnect the power supply & it's ready to use. The printer did take a little time to adjust itself again afterwards but the warnings have all gone & printer is working fine.
5. Be warned - this is not difficult to do but it is quite mucky & you will have stained fingers afterwards. Next time it should be a lot easier & cleaner.
6. Just saved myself £60 thanks to Eugene!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by cloudboy (3/13/10 5:42 AM) reply + / -
I wish someone would post more information on how to open the iP3000 case and get to these pads because I can't see them when I look into my printer. And without some disassembly, it looks like it would be very awkward to impossible to extract the pads -- wherever they are. thanks.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (3/13/10 9:44 AM) reply + / -
The pads are not easy to see because they are small & dark & full of ink but they are quite easy to get out.
All you can do is open the printer as though you are going to put a new ink cartridge in.
Then, when the ink cartidges have slid over to the left, turn off the power (not by the printer power switch but by pulling the plug), so that the cartridges stay out of the way.
A small torch might be useful because it is pretty dark inside the printer case.
On the right hand side (under where the cartridges normally sit) there is a flat area that looks as though it is divided into 2 squares & an oblong. One of these squares & the oblong are hard grey sponge pad inserts (The square pad is no bigger than a ladies thumbnail). The oblong is slightly longer but half the width.
I was able to lift each pad with my finger nails but I dropped the square pad & had a job to get it back out, so I used tweezers to take it out & put the 2 pads back in.
When you have lifted the pads, they can be squeezed between tissues to remove the saturated ink and replaced.
You can then turn the power back on & let the printer settle itself back down.
If you find that the printer power light keeps flashing & will not allow you to print, you will have to follow the re-set instructions put on by Trigger1937 on 10/11/09.
Hope you get it sorted. Mine is working fine now.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (3/13/10 10:56 AM) reply + / -
Cloudboy,... Most of the information posted by Mr. Anonymous above is totally wrong. His description of the ink pads are actually the "Suction Pads" where the printhead is parked. They have Absolutley nothing to do with the Waste Ink Pads. I realize he was just trying to help,... but a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

These tiny pads should never be removed as they are coupled to the suction tubes just below them. These pads are used by the purge unit to "Suck" ink out of the ink carts down into the printhead and prime the head with ink. Without the ability to SUCK the ink you can not load ANY ink into the printhead and if you try and print documents without any ink in the head you will BURN the printhead out. As he indicated if you drop one of these into the printer the only way to get it out is to do a total disassembly.

The "Waste Ink Pads" are very large and reside in the absolute bottom of the printer. For the iP3000 there are about 3 large pads and 3 smaller pads, but to get at them you have to totally disassemble the printer including removing the main chassis from the base. Getting the covers of is a trick and if you don't know HOW to do it you can break a cover. The waste ink error conditon is one of the most serious errors in the machine and that is why Canon locks up the printer and stops it from being used when it occurs. It is their short way of telling you that so much ink has contaminated every part of the printer that it "MUST BE SERVICED". The do this to try and prevent you from further harm to the printer. They actually want it to last a lot longer.

If you really want to know more about how to do this, click on my user ID and send me an email. I will respond.

Also, when our friend from Europe or England?? said to use a "Torch", make sure you don't burn your house down.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (3/13/10 11:17 AM) reply + / -
Torch = Flash Light

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Carole Godsell (3/15/10 5:34 PM) reply + / -
So sorry Cloudboy. Like Trigger 1937 says,'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'. I just followed the instructions from previous postings & thought I could explain more clearly to you, where to find the pads - unfortunately, the wrong pads. At the moment my printer is working fine but I am glad of Trigger 1937s comments because I will be aware if things start to go wrong. Good luck with your printer.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (3/15/10 6:44 PM) reply + / -
Carole,..Thank you very much for you kind words. It is nice every now and then to have someone support the things I try to do in helping others. For you kind support, I want to provide you a copy of my Repair Manual for your printer at no cost. This will help you keep your printer working in top condition for a very long time and hopefully you will NEVER have to use the Repair sections. Just click on my USER ID and send me an email telling me what printer you have and I will respond.

Thanks again for you support.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by cloudboy (3/15/10 7:05 PM) reply + / -
trigger1937,
can you send me a copy of your repair manual (for the iP3000) at no cost too?
cloudboy51@sbcglobal.net

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (3/15/10 9:47 PM) reply + / -
Cloudboy,....Sorry,..only 1 free manual per year and this one has gone to the lady with the kind heart. I don't understand to get one since it costs less that 1 new Canon Ink Cart.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Carole G (3/17/10 5:21 PM) reply + / -
Thank you Trigger - that is really kind. I really appreciate the effort that people put into putting information onto the internet because it has solved my problems on many an occasion. I know only too well how time consuming the internet can be. I am waiting for the site to acknowledge my registration & then I will send you my email address - I'm not keen on putting it on open forum. My printer is a Canon ip3000 & I have found it a superb printer - I don't know why they stopped making it. My son bought the replacement model & it isn't a patch on the ip3000 + the inks are dearer. Best wishes, Carole.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber Canon Pixma IP2000 by Anonymous (3/21/10 5:49 PM) reply + / -
Hi tom I also have a ip 2000 which has the waste ink absorber trouble
I thing that your article is very interesting.Would you please advise
me which panels to try open also anything else that you might think
i would need to know. thank you and bye from wiggey

Re: Re: Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (4/2/10 8:23 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, this link and your directions helped us get our ip 3000 waste ink absorber working just great, at least so far...
So from a couple of gray haired none techs, a great big Thank you...

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (4/2/10 8:43 PM) reply + / -
Anonymous,... Thank you for your kind words. I try to help all that I can. From your post it sound like you were successful in reseting the waste ink counter and now your printer is working again. However, I must warn you that Canon created this "Waste ink Error" for an accumulation of problems that all seem to happen at the same time,...one of which is the waste ink pads getting saturated. Many other items in the printer also need immediate attention, but Canon did not want to generate 5 different error types,...so they decided that making the machine "Shut down completely" was a good way to force the owner to bring the printer in for service. Least of the problems is the waste ink pads. The real problem is the total accumulation of ink on everything else, including the printhead, the purge pads, the purge wiper blades, the vacuum pump, the purge tubes, the purge basin and gears, and finally the ink fog that accumulates onto the timing strip. All of these items need cleaning. The longer they go without cleaning means that one or more of them will fail.

So if you want to know why this happens and what to do about it, just click on my user ID and send me an email and I will send you more information.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (4/15/10 10:45 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
I would really appreciate a copy of the service manual for the Canon IP3000.
I have 2 of these printers and the black refuses to print no matter what I do. The other dolours print fine. I have tried flushing the print head with surgical alcohol but this does not help.
Thanks a ton.

Bill
bill.servu@uninet.co.za

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Anonymous (4/15/10 10:51 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
I would really appreciate a copy of the service manual for the Canon IP3000.
I have 2 of these printers and the black refuses to print no matter what I do. The other dolours print fine. I have tried flushing the print head with surgical alcohol but this does not help.
Thanks a ton.

Bill
bill.servu@uninet.co.za

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (4/15/10 11:05 PM) reply + / -
Bill,...The symptoms you have described sound more like a defective purge unit than a problem with the printhead. The bad new for you is that the purge unit, and the tubes that suck and dump the waste ink into the bottom of the printer, is deep inside the printer and you need to be able to take the printer ALL THE WAY APART, DOWN TO THE BOTTOM CHASSIS TO GET AT THE PURGE UNIT. The Canon Service Manual does not have this information. Your Canon iP3000 is a wonderful printer and given the proper care will last for a VERY LONG TIME.

If you want to find out how to test your printer for this malfunction and how to fix it, click on my USER ID and send me an email. However, since I see you have added your own email, I will go ahead and send you some testing to do with your printer.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP30 by Anonymous (4/29/10 2:12 PM) reply + / -
fantastic! everyone go to this page!!!
yay!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by fmjh (7/7/10 9:59 AM) reply + / -
Does anyone know the reset code for the Canon Pixma 2200? I'm getting the "waste ink absorber is full" message.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by barbieiam (7/11/10 3:51 PM) reply + / -
just where are these"asorber pads
everyone talks about??Where is a diagram showing me??There are none I can find?????????????????????????????help

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (7/11/10 11:31 PM) reply + / -
barbieam,...The waste ink pads are in the absolute bottom of the printer. Considering all the "Black" ink they are designed to catch, where else would they put them.

They are something that Canon NEVER EVER WANTED ANY CUSTOMER TO EVER CONSIDER CHANGING. This is why the "LOCK" the machine up when they have counted how much waste ink has been dumped. They expect that your only option is to take the printer to a Canon Maintenance center and pay about $100 to have the printer disassembled, then the Waste ink pads replace, everything else cleaned and checked. Now you know why they LOCK the machine.

If you want more detailed information, click on my USER ID and send me an email. I will respond.

Canon Pixma iP1880/iP2500 by titsky (7/17/10 1:37 AM) reply + / -
Does any one have any idea on what problem a canon pixma iP1880/iP2500 when it displays a 6800 error? i actually was able to make the printer work but just for a day. The next time i turn it on, it keep on flashing green and orange alternately. Please any help is appreciated....One more thing, my printer was actually an iP1880 but everytime windows installs its driver it appears to be an iP2500 printer. I'm using windows 7.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (7/18/10 7:33 AM) reply + / -
Titsky,.... I do not have a manual for the iP2500 but in checking some of the other Canon manuals I see that the "6800" error, or 9 flashes of the orange light indicates a error on the logic card. This is not good news since if this is correct, the only repair is a new logic board and this will cost more than a new machine.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Helena Brown (8/10/10 2:25 PM) reply + / -
My waste ink absorber is full and I cannot use my printer any more - any help appreciated
helena

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (8/10/10 6:02 PM) reply + / -
Helen,... Click on my USER ID and send me an email and I will be able to send you back instructions on how to reset your printer and some additional information you need to know about the Waste Ink Error condition.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by cww (9/4/10 9:53 AM) reply + / -
Hi all,

I have followed the instructions in the thread. I cleaned the pads and put them back into the printer. When I try to reset the printer, I never get a solid green (before pressing reset 4 times). Any ideas what happened?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (9/5/10 8:36 PM) reply + / -
cww,... If the Waste error did not reset, then you did something wrong. If you correctly get into the Service Mode, press the "Resume button" one time and then press the power button. If you have some paper loaded in the top sheet feeder you will print the Service TEST Print page. The first line of this page has a "D" value of X.XX. If you had successfully done the reset then the new printing will show that "D=0.00" which is total reset.

Anytime you press the Resume button "N" times in Service Mode to select a command, you have to them press the power button one time to "Execute" the command. Once the command is executed, the light will go back to green and you will remain in Service mode to enable you to issue another command. If you want to leave the Service Mode,...just press the power button ONE MORE TIME.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon i250 by Rick Parent (9/17/10 9:38 AM) reply + / -
My waste ink absorber is full and I cannot use my printer. Where is it and how to I empty it - help would be appreciated

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by cww (9/17/10 3:18 PM) reply + / -
I think what happened is that I tried to do the reset with the cover open. It never got past the flashing part. Then I closed it all up - tried on more time - and it worked! It might have also been that a few hours had gone by and the absorber had a chance to get a little drier.

Either way - prints very well now! Thanks for the great detailed instructions. I really love this printer and happy to keep it in service for another couple of years.

Problems with print by raluci87 (12/16/10 1:15 PM) reply + / -
Today when the printer was out of some sheets .... some lines were out normally wiped out others, I changed the black cartridge twice and same result, I took a page color and works perfectly then I pulled a completely black page and the result was not so good.
help me pls

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by db133 (1/5/11 1:22 PM) reply + / -
Hi

Ref: email me if you still need a service manual for ip3000

Do you have another copy of the service manual ?

Kind regards

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (1/6/11 9:58 PM) reply + / -
DB133,... Yes I have a copy of that manual. There are very few I don't have. Most are in the MX--- series and I don't plan on working on those printers anyway.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by ElaineM (1/16/11 8:56 AM) reply + / -
I just started getting the "waste ink obsorber full" message as well. I too would greatly appreciate the information for resolving this problem.
THANK YOU :-)
Elaine
emontamb@twcny.rr.com

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by shampton (2/1/11 12:20 PM) reply + / -
I got the wast ink obsorber full message and now the green light won't come on the printer at all. I kept overriding it until the carrage finally locked up to the right. How can I get in to clean and get it working again? This has been my favorite printer. Can I salvage it?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (2/2/11 4:57 PM) reply + / -
shampton,... Well you know you broke the rules. They told you not to print anymore once they gave you the warning,..but you went ahead and continued to print.

There is a specific reason why Canon shuts down and locks up the printer once the systems reaches the "Waste ink Pads" limint. They think they are doing you a favor, and they are also protecting themselves. After all, if they didn't stop you it is clean you would continue printing until one day you looked on the floor under your computer desk to see the carpet was totally stained in what appears to be black ink. They didn't what that kind of suit filed against them so the built into the printer a "Hard Stop".

Click on my user ID above and send me a note. I respond and send you back all the information you need.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by jonotennis (3/5/11 5:01 AM) reply + / -
I phoned up my local Cartridge World - http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/ . The guy I spoke to said the Canon iP3000 waste ink absorber, in his experience, was unlikely to be full as the ink usually “evaporated”. However, they’d want £20 to reset the printer. I followed the instructions on this forum thread (see below) myself and they worked first time, with no issues. Many thanks for the great advice.

Reset ip2000 / 3000
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by Gobinda (4/6/11 4:54 AM) reply + / -
The Ink absorber almost is full. Press the Printer's RESUM button to continue printing. Contact the service center.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by shampton (4/6/11 7:05 AM) reply + / -
Please send me the information I need to unlock this printer. I would still like to continue using it.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (4/6/11 7:47 AM) reply + / -
shampton,... I believe the information you need is posted just above by "jonotennis". You need to follow those instructions exactly or it will not work.

Canon Pixma IP3000 wont reset by devon (4/8/11 1:53 AM) reply + / -
my ip3000 wont reset. it flashes orange 5times and then green once. nothing i try helps and it wont print anything. what can i do that doesnt involve smashing it up?

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (4/8/11 8:23 AM) reply + / -
devon,... You are correct, it won't reset. The reason why is that your printhead is probably burnt out. That error code is the "All in one" error code for anything that goes wrong with the printhead. Basically the error code is "Printhead not recognized". This could be caused by dirty contacts on the back of the head or inside the carriage unit so with the power on, open the top cover and when the carriage moves to the center pull out the power cord. Now unlock the carriage tab and remove the ink and the head and clean those contacts. Once you have them out, lock the carriage tab with the head out and close the printer cover and plug back the power cord and turn the print on. It should cycle through all power on testing and come up first with a green light which will change to an orange light and now it wants you to install the print head. So open the cover and install the head and ink and close the cover. If you get the same 5 orange flashes, the head is dead.

The problem is now that since the problems in Japan, you can't buy a new head and it will be some time before you can. Your choice is to buy a new printer, search for a used iP3000, or wait for Japan to recover.

Re: Re: Re: Ink Absorber Canon Pixma 4000 by Q-LINE (5/4/11 12:47 AM) reply + / -

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by tyringham (5/16/11 8:31 PM) reply + / -
How do i get the waste ink absorber out Please can some one Help
Brent, 17/05/11

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (5/17/11 8:56 PM) reply + / -
tyringham,... You will have to totally disassemble the printer all the way down to the base, and then remove the main chassis from the base. The waste ink pads are in the bottom of the base.

If you want more information on how to do this click on my USER ID and send me an email. I will respond.

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by doityourway (7/12/13 4:11 AM) reply + / -
forget all the disassemblig if you are not a tech,
I just used a lint free cloth to absorb the ink and clean around the waste absorber and its back to functioning! and no more messages!
just make sure you absorb as much as possible
PS it was either that or buy a new printer I fugured I would try ....after all ink cartridges for this printer are only 1 euro I ll try to keep it working as long as I can since its an oldie!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (7/12/13 8:08 AM) reply + / -
What "doityourway" posted above will clearly work,..as it did for him. However,...you don't need a lint free cloth and slightly wet paper towels work even better. He was also VERY lucky that his only problem was some sticky left over ink catching the purge unit. Many times it is much more complicated than that.

After years of printing the wiper blades in the purge unit get saturated with old dried up sticky ink and as they move forward to attempt to clean themselves they tend to "STICK" at the front wiper bar and stay there instead of sliding back to the home position. Then the printer tries to return the carriage to home position and "BAM" you have a collision and you get the famous "6A00" error code. There are also 10 other things that will create the same error.

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by wrenjen (2/17/14 4:53 AM) reply + / -
can anyone post photos of where exactly these pads are? i think i can see them and have dabbed away at them. I have also tried the sequence of button presses to reset my printer but my printer doesn't seem to flash in the same order as what other people describe and therefore I am still stuck. I am 100% new to fixing my own things but absolutely determined not to be manoeuvred into buying a new printer unnecessarily!

Re: Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by wrenjen (2/17/14 5:01 AM) reply + / -
can anyone post photos of where exactly these pads are? i think i can see them and have dabbed away at them. I have also tried the sequence of button presses to reset my printer but my printer doesn't seem to flash in the same order as what other people describe and therefore I am still stuck. I am 100% new to fixing my own things but absolutely determined not to be manoeuvred into buying a new printer unnecessarily!

Re: The waste ink absorber ... on Canon Pixma IP3000 by trigger1937 (2/17/14 9:17 AM) reply + / -
wrenjen,....I think you might be talking about two different things. The ink pads are tiny little spares of material where the printhead is parked. There is one pad for the black section of the head and another for the colored inks. There job is to (among other things) is to protect the head from drying up.

The Waste ink Absorber pads are 4-5 large pads of 1/4" absorbent material which is there to collect all of the waste ink that is expelled out of the purge unit. You can not post pictures on this web site. I will send you this note by email and if you want more information and pictures send me your email reply.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters