fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

bjc-6000 6 beeps

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

bjc-6000 6 beeps by ray (1/3/02 7:36 PM) reply + / -
my canon bjc-6000 beeps 6 times when i turn it on i cleaned the cartidges and this didnt help. are my cartridges bad and is there any way to figure out which one is bad. i'm only on my second set of ink tanks i cant believe the cartridges are bad already. i would appreciate any help

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by sharon (4/2/02 11:23 PM) reply + / -
Hi Ray..Did you ever fix your problem? I am having the same issues and have emailed another site for help..maybe it is the printhead cartridge..anyway, if I hear anything and fix it, I will let you know..I have been without my printer for 3 months now...Sharon

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by D67 (4/3/02 4:53 AM) reply + / -
Sounds like you need a new printhead. It is user replacable

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by ray (4/3/02 6:52 PM) reply + / -
i never fixed my printer but it seems a lot of these have the same problem. and to buy two new printheads. you might as well buy a new printer.

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by winston (4/6/02 5:32 PM) reply + / -
I have a bjc4300 that is giving almost the same problem. It beeps 10 times and the green light keeps blinking. I bought a new head but this did not work. Any suggestions?

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by patrick (4/7/02 9:10 PM) reply + / -
hi, my bjc-5000 is giving me 6 beeps but only when I put the color cartridge in. the book said that the waste ink tank is full. ??? do you know how to empty that??

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by Bill (5/20/02 8:24 PM) reply + / -
Guys:
Try this page in the error code section:
http://www.magma.ca/~grethi/Canon_Drivers/index.html

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by KouRieR (3/6/03 12:42 PM) reply + / -
Hey guys...

Been sitting at a friends house trying to fix his BJC-6000... Again! Got the 6 beep error code with the orange light, etc etc etc... Tried everything recently... Even got my Canon suppliers to change the head unit and *brand f... new* cartridges... The printer still does NOT want to print. PC detects the printer, so it's not pc related... Cartridges are, once again, brand new, and the main units have been checked, and certified working by Canon Techies... Still gets the 6-beep error code... And the waste tank has been cleaned and the printer has been given back as a basically new printer, except the seperate circuitry, and the printer cable, which I have also replaced with a new one... If anyone ahs a new solution other than to clean the heads, replace the unit, or new cartridges, I would be most grateful... As nothing seems to be working anymore... And the printer is basically new...

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by KouRieR (3/6/03 12:43 PM) reply + / -
Hey guys...

Been sitting at a friends house trying to fix his BJC-6000... Again! Got the 6 beep error code with the orange light, etc etc etc... Tried everything recently... Even got my Canon suppliers to change the head unit and *brand f... new* cartridges... The printer still does NOT want to print. PC detects the printer, so it's not pc related... Cartridges are, once again, brand new, and the main units have been checked, and certified working by Canon Techies... Still gets the 6-beep error code... And the waste tank has been cleaned and the printer has been given back as a basically new printer, except the seperate circuitry, and the printer cable, which I have also replaced with a new one... If anyone ahs a new solution other than to clean the heads, replace the unit, or new cartridges, I would be most grateful... As nothing seems to be working anymore... And the printer is basically new...

Re: bjc-6000 6 beeps by moe (3/6/03 6:41 PM) reply + / -
Did you try plugging in "6 beeps" in our search engine? It returned 21 threads on the subject. A lot of the responses were from Russ Wright, our resident Canon expert.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters