fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by rainedon (7/1/05 7:18 AM) reply + / -
Hello can anyone help. My printer suddenly stopped printing , and the two red lights are flashing one after another. I've looked in the manual but it doesn't have a solution. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it please

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/13/05 3:25 PM) reply + / -
Mine is doing the same thing, how do you fix it? I am getting frusterated

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/19/05 12:34 PM) reply + / -
Mine too, anyone figure out the fix???

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by emellott (3/30/06 11:56 AM) reply+2 + / -
My printer is doing the same thing, with the red lights flashing. Epson says it's a user non-accessible part that has reached the end of it's life. They gave me 3 places to take it for repair and none are even in my state, let alone nearby. (HA!
They don't know me very well. I'll give fixing it a try.) Does anyone have a solution to fixing this problem? I really need my printer right away! Help!!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by Khun (7/8/06 1:07 AM) reply + / -
My Epson R230 also the same as your printer fault.

Pl help me to solve the problem.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by blazewalker (7/16/06 7:25 AM) reply + / -
The problem is probably that you ran too many head cleaning cycles and the sponges are full. That is what was wrong with my printer. Luckily it was still under warranty and was fixed for free.I was told that it would cost $75.oo to fix it the next time. I only paid $70.00 for the printer when it was new so it'is best to discard it and buy a new printer. I wouldn't buy epson again because they are too prone to clog up and if you run too many cleaning cycles you won't be able to use it anymore. The sponges can't be replaced by the user it has to be taken to
an epson repair shop because once the new parts are replaced you have to have the software to reset the printer memory.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by rikiboy (8/9/06 4:26 AM) reply + / -
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html the answer to your prayer

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by arnoko (8/28/06 12:49 AM) reply+1 + / -
iused ssc but still couldn't work at all
please help me

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by pushpinder (7/13/07 4:29 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi

I need to reset my EPSON R230 EEPROR.
I do I get it ??
Can you send me the tool ??
Tanks

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by brontech (8/30/07 3:31 AM) reply + / -
Hello my epson r230 if has a feeding problem...is there anyone who can help me solve this problem? hehehehe

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Eoz (10/19/07 6:33 PM) reply + / -
Hi - I'm trying to find a place in Melbourne Australia that sells the clear grey data ribbons (servo strap) - somebody got thier grubby little paws on mine and now there are permanent ink marks on it I can't even remove with shellite or metho...
The thing complains about this understandeably and clunks rather loudly and flashes the two red lights fast at me at the moment. My ink is low I know that much, and I will replace it. But I don't want to waste new cartridges on a printer that might not be serviceable...
Can you get servo straps for these printers?
I like the printer, it's been kind to me - but a damaged servo strap seems to put paid to that for the moment.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by jarmen (11/20/07 9:20 PM) reply+1 + / -
my problem about flashing red it's solve..
im using SSC ver 4.20 to solve the waste ink.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/27/07 5:42 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
I would like to try the SSC to see if it stops my flashing red lights. Do I actually have to replace the waste ink pad or can I just click yes without replacing it?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (12/7/07 11:31 PM) reply + / -
Visit this site download theexe file and install it you will find the printer like icon on your icons bars then clear the counters restart you printer.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com

Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights by shelei2225 (12/15/07 9:45 PM) reply + / -
please help me coz my printer has been paperjammned then after 2 red lights flashing and printer wont reset at all.how do i troubleshoot it?pls and tnx

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights by Anonymous (12/19/07 6:17 AM) reply + / -
I may be able to help. How is the flashing? Alternate or together?

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red l by shelei2225 (12/20/07 12:25 AM) reply + / -
they are together

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by rocarobin (12/26/07 8:34 PM) reply + / -
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

EPSON RESETER.
rocarobin@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (12/28/07 12:00 PM) reply + / -
Had the same problem. This strike two for Epson. Strike one was the fiasco with the inks reading low when they had plenty of ink. They lost a class action suit on that one. I have been using Epson products for about 12 years, and had three (countem) Epson printers and a scanner in service when this happened. I will be replacing them with something else in future.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (1/18/08 1:34 PM) reply + / -
thanks for that. It worked a treat.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (2/11/08 10:41 AM) reply + / -
thanks thanks thanks

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by blues2lou (2/21/08 1:45 AM) reply + / -
Wow! Thanks! The service utility worked and I have my printer back. I was ready to spend $200+ dollars for a new printer. I have been happy with the results I have gotten from the R200. It does concern me that Epson knows that this situation exists and offers nothing to the consumer. Thanks again.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (5/23/08 1:29 AM) reply + / -
hi! gu pm.. I would like get a driver reset to my printer epson sylys phot r230. need your response.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (6/17/08 10:49 AM) reply + / -
omg ty very much this help me alot for C-88

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/5/08 2:22 AM) reply + / -
flashing red lights

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/12/08 10:56 PM) reply + / -
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by EAP (7/17/08 5:02 PM) reply + / -
Just like Espon to screw anyone and everything including the environment with their underhanded engineering practices. A couple 5 cent or so ink absorbing sponges fill up after about 10 sets of ink tanks or so and the printer just quits.

Leaving most people stranded and a lot of otherwise perfectly good condition printers to fill landfills all across the world. Because the powers that be at Epson control when their printers will quit and when their ink tanks will also!

Great job Epson! I am on my third Epson printer. Will I ever learn? Third time's a charm and that's it! SHAME ON YOU!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/17/08 6:01 PM) reply + / -
Just reset the protection counter. Which if you would stop and think about it is needed bacause without the protection counter the printer would start to LEAK INK ONTO YOUR DESK.

Go here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html follow the info and reset the protection counter.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by prashant musale (7/20/08 5:53 AM) reply + / -
Dear Sar,
Muze printer prints memery delete softwere chaye.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by reyzor1 (edited 7/27/08 6:54 AM) reply + / -
I used all the resetter version but still the two red devil color is flashing before my eyes (alternating), please help me .... :(

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (8/14/08 11:16 AM) reply + / -
I may be able to help. How is the flashing? Alternate or together?I need to reset my EPSON R230 EEPROR.
I do I get it ??
Can you send me the tool ??
Tanks

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by chrisane (8/24/08 1:55 AM) reply + / -
what kind of flash alternate or both at the same time if alternate no big deal i can help you but both that means there some problem on your printer parts

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by chrisane (8/24/08 1:57 AM) reply + / -
there are some insatnce that it may not work on your pc try to install the printer and scc at other computers then do the clearing counter or waste pad

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Eagle_tech (8/31/08 7:28 AM) reply + / -
don't just reset the ink counter, either change the pads or install a "External waste ink tank" if not you'll have ink spilling out from under printer, with an "external waste ink tank" you can recycle the ink and refill either cartridges or bulk ink (CIS) a win-win. cheap on eBay - search "Epson Waste Ink Tank"

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230-cannot detect ink by Anonymous (9/5/08 3:21 AM) reply+1 + / -
hi my epson stylus R230 cannot detect, when i turn it on it will intialize and after that the ink led and the power led are both will lit steady. Somebody can help me please what should i do?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by izeblood (10/24/08 12:50 AM) reply + / -
BROW...........................TANK YOU SO MUCH..FOR YOUR VERY CREATIVE MINDS.............................

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights by Christopherrodrick (11/17/08 12:12 AM) reply + / -
It is alternate. Please help.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/17/08 8:58 AM) reply+1 + / -
Go here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html follow the info and reset the protection counter.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/22/08 6:27 PM) reply + / -
i have run the ssc program and reset the counters but then turn off and on my printer and it is still flashing the lights alternatively...

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/22/08 6:54 PM) reply + / -
nevermind above i have done it via our laptop

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by sealy (11/22/08 8:07 PM) reply + / -
It's very simple to install a waste ink tank on this printer. Resetting the counter with the service utility will keep your printer going, however you'll have ink dripping onto your desk from the bottom of the printer if you don't divert the waste ink into a bottle. You'ld be AMAZED at how much ink these printers waste.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by shella cortes (11/29/08 10:59 PM) reply + / -
please help me my printer was in troubleshoot, i don't know how to resolve my problem. please help me, my printer is Epson stylus photo R230, the two light was blinked. the cartrage light and the paper light was alternate blinked and the power botton does not light. please help me ... thanks a lot.. please reply me asap tnx...

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/29/08 11:20 PM) reply + / -

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (12/11/08 7:29 AM) reply + / -
I had the alternate flashing lights & tried the SSC service utility but it didnt work, so i tried plugging the printer into another pc, let vista install the drivers & then i installed the SSC service utilty, then cleared the counter overflow, then reset the protection counter, switched the printer off, left it a min, turned printer back on again & yay its working again.
Thx for all the good advise on this forum, epson should be ashamed of themselves :)

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (12/13/08 3:12 AM) reply + / -
shella cortes,

you need to reset your printer.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by James Young (2/3/09 10:19 AM) reply + / -
You have saved me a packet... The Epson helpline told me I had a major service defect that would cost me as much as a new printer which they offered me for next day delivery !!
Stumbled on this download , thanks to you..followed the step by step.and hey presto all running perfect.
The problem was the two flashing red alternating evenly..This pattern not mentioned in fault finding !!
Still not sure what the actual problem was, but cleared when going through all possible...including clearing the one item in print que, which was the failed item requested when printer failed..and therefore not the problem .so thanks so much again
James

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Gen (2/4/09 3:45 AM) reply + / -
So does this mean that if both red lights are flashing together, it can't be fixed by resetting? Only by taking it in to be repaired? Everytime I try to reset, it says there's an error in communication? Help please... anyone..?
:(

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by websnail (2/5/09 2:18 AM) reply + / -
I've checked the service manual on this and assuming that your lights are:

Power: Off
Paper & Ink Red LED's: Flashing rapidly

... then that means you have a fatal error or "general error".

Few things to try:

1. If you can pull the printhead gently out of the way and move it to the left..
Check that there's nothing in the way of the printhead and that the cleaning pad parts have not become dislodged or damaged. If they have get some gloves and gently try to recouple the parts in the correct position.

2. The ribbon cable that connects to the printhead sensor may have come loose... I posted about this today here:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com
... so read up and see if that applies

3. Check for other issues like soiled sensors, damaged chip connectors (the little wires in the printhead carriage that touch the cartridge chips when they cartridges are installed).

Chances are it's not completely dead but needs some knowledgeable support and a little TLC but let me know how you get on with that lot.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - red light constant by Anonymous (3/22/09 3:39 AM) reply + / -
hi i have a epson r200 had the lights flashing changed the ink now the ink light is permant on tryed utility resett everything thing but still dont work please help before i throw it up the wall.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (6/1/09 6:55 AM) reply + / -
put your cotrages out clean there contects well and put them back, restart your printer.

Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2flashing red lights by miriammanarin (6/9/09 6:58 PM) reply + / -
Can anyone please help me,two flashing red lights (together) appear in my epson r230, i was still able to use it a night before those two flashing red lights appear, when i turned on it on the morning it became like that, theres a window from epson telling me somekind of a general error and need to turned off the printer and remove all foreign objects inside the printer. How would i supposed to do that?can anyone please help me...

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (6/10/09 12:18 PM) reply + / -
hey
check waste ink pad when is fail at that time red lights are
flashing

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (7/13/09 2:44 AM) reply + / -
hi, download ssc service utility to reset the ink waste

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2flashing red lights by simul (7/22/09 4:04 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone please help me,two flashing red lights (together) appear in my epson r230, i was still able to use it a night before those two flashing red lights appear, when i turned on it on the morning it became like that, theres a window from epson telling me somekind of a general error and need to turned off the printer and remove all foreign objects inside the printer. How would i supposed to do that?can anyone please help me...

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights by Anonymous (8/13/09 1:23 AM) reply + / -
two red light flashing together.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by TUN TUN (8/21/09 3:45 AM) reply + / -
printer is a 2 lighting

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by tawengss (10/13/09 3:00 AM) reply + / -
i foLLowed the instructions....but its stiLL fLashing in 2 red Lights!! huhuhu!!....heLp pLease!...

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by websnail (10/13/09 4:20 PM) reply + / -
If the red lights are flashing TOGETHER (ie: at the same time as each other) then the problem is a "General Error" and not related to the waste ink counter or pads.

If the red lights alternate their flashing (ie: one on, other off, then first off, other on, etc...) then that IS a waste ink counter issue.

General errors are usually caused by problems including:

- something blocking the printhead path
- problems reading the cartridge chips
- wrong cartridge chips
- electrical problem
- etc...

Check the printer for any obstructions covered in ink (they hide sometimes).. broken, dirty, or otherwise obscured chips... Oh and the obvious one of making sure you have the right cartridges for your printer.

Hope that helps.

Martin

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (11/7/09 3:45 AM) reply + / -
The two red lights are flashing one after another.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by bluefin (11/11/09 12:49 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I have a problem with my epson stylus photo R230 printer. The situation is like this: when I pressed the power button, few seconds later there will a soft noise and the power button will be off and in turn, the two buttons on the left side of the power button will be flashing alternate red lights. Please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it. Tried to refill my CISS but it still doesn't work. Please help. Thank you

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (1/10/10 2:29 AM) reply + / -
how i stop read light of my printer epson r 200

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (1/17/10 6:02 PM) reply + / -
Ran the SSC resetter, turned off the printer, turned it on again, and presto! Printer initializes with no problems.

Thanks.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by MichelleCullen (1/22/10 12:29 AM) reply + / -
I just had this problem. I have two printers and hadn't used this one (Epson R200) in a while. I plugged it in and the lights were flashing alternately. I tried holding buttons down. I tried turning it on and off. Nothing worked. Then I closed the door where the CD print tray goes and all was good. It's fine now. I think I had the tray open when I first turned on the printer and it didn't like that very much.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by bryanwheeler1 (1/22/10 3:32 AM) reply + / -
This is the easiest way to solve this problem.Thanks for share your experience.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (1/29/10 9:45 PM) reply + / -
My Epson R230 printer Flashing red light please solve the problem

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Big-John (2/4/10 3:39 AM) reply + / -
I had no joy with any of the software suggestions, but I thought if my R200 was destined for the skip I would open it up to see.. and at the end away from the cartridge park I saw a sponge, I pulled it out with tweezers,, washed it and dried it between paper towels, and using two wooden skewers I replaced it,,,,,,,,,,and BINGO red lights are OUT. Thank you all for your comments , views and experiences.
John

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (2/4/10 4:29 AM) reply + / -
to cure this problem the internal counters of the epson need resetting. normally you would have to take printer to an epson service centre to have this done. however if you are feeling confident there is a free service utility that can be downloaded from ssclg.com
it claims to support (see list on site) most epson printers although i have only used it on a c44.

http://printerinkcartridges.printcountry.com/

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights by Anonymous (2/16/10 12:21 AM) reply + / -
Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2 flashing red lights

Re: Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (3/4/10 7:20 PM) reply + / -
Power got shut off for a while. Now only get alternating flashing red lights on my ERpson R200 when I try to turn it on.
Need to be able to turn on printer. Help Help!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by websnail (3/13/10 11:52 AM) reply + / -
Just to note folks, the answer has already been posted in my earlier post.

Alternating lights means it's a waste ink counter or "service required" issue... Lights flashing together is a general error and that's covered also.

Please read earlier posts, it'll save you a lot of hassle in the long run...

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (4/23/10 2:53 AM) reply + / -
Epson Stylus c45

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230x - flashing red lights by dider (4/28/10 8:37 AM) reply + / -
Pls Help me.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by dider (4/28/10 8:39 AM) reply + / -
Epson Stylus Photo R230x. Two red light blinking. One after one

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by dider (4/28/10 9:15 AM) reply + / -
Pls help me.Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights One afer another blinking.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (4/29/10 2:53 AM) reply + / -
Dear Sir
I have one epson stylus photo R230 printer also.
but every time fill my printer distrub. Distrub is flashing two red lights so How to solve my printer.

Roomi

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by yubaraj chand (5/6/10 8:17 AM) reply + / -
I disassembled my R230 to change damaged printing head-set. After changing new head, i assembled properly but 3 lights blinks alternately. what's the fault i've made, i couldn't find... plz help me...

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - 2flashing red lights by Anonymous (5/26/10 11:01 PM) reply+1 + / -

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (6/4/10 1:01 AM) reply + / -
use SSC Utility Software search on google SSC Utility For Epson Printer

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by seimon (6/8/10 4:32 AM) reply + / -
Hello can anyone help. My printer suddenly stopped printing , and the two red lights are flashing one after another. I've looked in the manual but it doesn't have a solution. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it please

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Devendra singh (8/12/10 2:38 AM) reply + / -
Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230x - flashing red lights by emellott (
My printer is doing the same thing, with the red lights flashing. Epson says it's a user non-accessible part that has reached the end of it's life. They gave me 3 places to take it for repair and none are even in my state, let alone nearby. (HA!
They don't know me very well. I'll give fixing it a try.) Does anyone have a solution to fixing this problem? I really need my printer right away! Help!!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by PRINTERBOY (8/12/10 5:56 PM) reply-1 + / -
unfortunately your printer has reach its maximum life... there might be a broken parts inside so you must take it to the nearest servicer on your area there is no way for you to repair it by your self..

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Wes (8/12/10 7:26 PM) reply + / -
"there is no way for you to repair it by your self.."
PRINTERBOY Are you sure about that? Devendra singh read here http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/30135?reply=39 it is a very simple fix.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by mykvillareal (8/31/10 3:02 AM) reply + / -
Flashing two red lights indicates that the printer has a foreign objects inside or somewhat a piece of paper left after a jam that is only detected or was not immediately detected. Notice of a small piece of paper inside the printer. Try also seeing the CD Tray to make sure that no pieces of paper is left on the surface where CD passes. Be sure to turn off the printer for a few minutes before turning it ON again.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Popol (9/3/10 2:57 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot for your advices, my Epson Stylus Photo R200 has been reset with SSC Servive Utilility and can work again.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anon a mouse (10/15/10 7:53 AM) reply + / -
A Big Thankyou for the reseting software it works great!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Habibur Rahman (3/16/11 10:16 PM) reply + / -
Pls see the flash software give me.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by Habibur Rahman (3/16/11 10:27 PM) reply + / -
Pls give me free flash software.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by glg (5/23/11 7:42 AM) reply + / -
anything available for a mac user?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by glg (5/23/11 7:45 AM) reply + / -
anything available for a mac user?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by AMIGAUSER (6/3/11 10:47 AM) reply + / -
TRY THIS

MAKE UP A CLEANING SOLUTION

50% METHYLATED SPIRITS (NOTHING ELSE)
50% WATER
4 DROPS WASHING UP LIQUID

DO NOT SHAKE, LEAVE TO STAND SO IT IS WELL MIXED.

USING COTTON WOOL, OR TOILET TISSUE, GENTLY APPLY THE CLEANING SOLUTION TO THE WHITE ROLLERS AND THE CLEANING PAD.

LEAVE FOR A FEW MINUTES, SO THAT THE CLEANING SOLUTION CAN THOROUGHLY SOAK INTO THE WHITE ROLLERS, CLEANING PAD

USE CLEAN COTTON WOOL/ TOILET TISSUE TO REMOVE EXCESS CLEANING SOLUTION AND THE EXCESS INK THAT IT HAS DISSOLVED AWAY.

INSTAL THE SSC SERVICE UTILITY (GOOGLE IT).

ITS ICON WILL NOW BE FOUND IN THE RIGHT HAND CORNER, NEAR THE TIME
GO RIGHT CLICK ON IT,
SELECT ->
PROTECTION COUNTER -> CLEAR COUNTER OVERFLOW -> ANSWER YES ABOUT CHANGING THE SPONGE.

TURN OFF EPSON PRINTER, DISCONNECT POWER LEAD, LEAVE FOR A FEW MINS.

RESTART PRINTER, HOPEFULLY NOW THE RED LIGHTS HAVE DISAPPEARED.

USE THE SSC SERVICE UTILITY TO THEN GIVE THE PRINT HEADS A POWERFUL CLEAN.

THEN PRINT A TEST PAGE. THE PAGE MAY HAVE SOME STREAKS ON IT, BECAUSE THE WHITE ROLLERS WILL STILL BE DAMP WITH CLEANING SOLUTION/INK, BUT THIS WILL GO WHEN THE REMAINING EXCESS CLEANING SOULTION EVAPORATES.

CLEANING SOLUTION CAN ALSO BE USED TO UNBLOCK EPSON PRINT HEADS AS WELL.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230x black ink problem by mohd naser (11/2/11 3:31 AM) reply + / -
hi i m naser khan i won't solve this so how to solve black ink problem.................

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by ronzilla (11/3/11 6:58 PM) reply + / -
I followed the link and instructions from an earlier post:

Just reset the protection counter. Which if you would stop and think about it is needed bacause without the protection counter the printer would start to LEAK INK ONTO YOUR DESK.

It worked for me.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1270 - flashing red lights by HGHF (12/30/11 10:26 AM) reply + / -
My printer has suddenly started flashing all its lights after I was cleaning the heads. The on/off green light, paper jam red light, and both black and coloured ink red lights are all flashing together.

I have tried resetting the protection counter on the SSC Utility as instructed above, but that had no effect. I have also tried uplugging it.

I cannot check the cartridges because the button which moves the cartridges along to allow them to be changed won't move at all. There is nothing stuck in the rollers where I can see.

Is there anything I can do to get my printer working again?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by yogendra (1/12/12 9:19 PM) reply + / -
pl tell me how to reset blinling red light
or how to install software for this purpose.in which website

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230-cannot detect ink by sopnaliton (1/16/12 8:34 AM) reply + / -
my printer 2 red light all time on. not head movied.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230-cannot detect ink by sopnaliton (1/16/12 8:40 AM) reply + / -

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by arzu (1/22/12 11:04 PM) reply + / -

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by ScottJ (3/3/12 2:20 PM) reply + / -
I had two alternating flashing lights; the counter indicating the sponges were full. I removed them (use surgical gloves, tweezers and a trash bag under the printer) and first pressed them between paper towels. I repeated, then repeated again. I cleaned with mild dishsoap and water, pressed between paper towels again (I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT KILLING TREES!) and replaced. I downloaded the lastest SSC utility, followed directions and my printer is renewed, rejuvenated, restored. Unbelievable...... and now I can even refill my own cartridges. Epson, KMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Nayem121 (3/9/12 10:46 PM) reply + / -
Hi my EPSON R230 bought few day ago in this printer show signal 2 red light flashing

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Anonymous (3/16/12 2:54 AM) reply + / -
Iíve just replace the black cartridge and now the printer wonít work at all. The red and the green light remain on but not flashing. Can anyone offer suggestions how to get it to work again. thanks

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by WinfieldZenith (3/28/12 11:20 PM) reply + / -
I'm having exactly the same problem. If any one know that how to fix this problem, please let me know. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by cschott (4/21/12 6:14 PM) reply + / -
Anyone have any thoughts about what to do if there are the alternate flashing lights AND the printer is not communicating with any computer you hook it to? I've reset the ink counter (that was about 6 months ago or so), and before doing that I cleaned the ink pads.

I may have confused the printer - I think it started flashing when I had just hit the ink button to send the carriage back to it's home base and then I also hit the paper button because it had thought it was out of paper. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by hossain (5/18/12 8:17 AM) reply + / -
In eed epson printer r-230 two red light flashing riper softwaer studio didar

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by john10001 (6/10/12 4:33 PM) reply + / -
I have followed the instruction and reset the protection counter as I was having similar issues as described by others above. Not yet tested to see if its working I'll do that tomorrow after work.

Does anyone know where I can get the replacement ink pads from for my Epson Photo Stylus R200? Also are there any instructions on how to replace them?

I am thinking of getting one of those waste ink chambers as well off ebay and possibly a continuous ink system too. For the moment I have just made sure I put protection under the printer in case of any leak.

Cheers!
John

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by chrisMcE (7/7/12 12:23 PM) reply + / -
Is the SSC service utility safe to down load? I don't want to down load any virus or problems along with it.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Wes (7/7/12 11:54 PM) reply + / -
The download from inkjetprinterhelp.us is safe and so is the one from the ssclg site.

However you should always virus scan any downloaded files. Sites can be hacked without the site owners knowing it so even though the file was clean when it was uploaded does not mean it is still clean.

Also if you are on Web site and you get pop up saying you have a virus you should close that page immediately. You will be downloading a virus by clicking on the yes button.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by john10001 (7/15/12 3:53 PM) reply + / -
Yes it is safe. I just downloaded it from sscgl site and noton gave it the okay.

I think the only unfortunate thing is it only works with XP or earlier machines.

I'm looking for a resetter that will work with Windows 7 and Printers bought in the UK not just US ones.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by aspin (11/11/12 4:03 AM) reply + / -
red lights on epson R200 both flashing

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Epson Mac (12/14/12 3:27 PM) reply + / -
This site ROCKS!!!!

I was able to bring my beloved Epson Stylus Photo R2000 back to life a second time because of this VERY informative site.

I had to use an intel computer to do it...unfortunately the service utility tool doesn't work on Mac computers. Luckily my hubby is still an Intel guy.

This is THE BEST printer in the world and I have used the heck out of it since Feb 2004. If and when it ever does really die for good I will literally mourn it like a best friend.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for starting this blog!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Country John (12/23/12 7:11 PM) reply + / -
Here is the final FINAL solution to the problem of two red lights alternate blinking. First, you need to run the oft-mentioned program from windows 7 NOT XP. Do that and the problem goes away.

Re: Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 - flashing red lights by sudij photofilm (12/27/12 9:22 PM) reply + / -
sudij

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by chrisMcE (12/28/12 1:13 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for all the help, printer is now up and running.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - 2 lights flashing by Junie Ortalla (12/30/12 8:04 PM) reply + / -
2 lights of my epson r230 are flashing alternately, what suppose to be the problem of this? do you have any solutions to this problem? thank very much in advance!!! Happy new Year!!!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by hamrecycling (1/8/13 12:53 PM) reply + / -
thanks for the thread, now i was able to fix this stubborn machine

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Birtrum (9/3/13 9:24 AM) reply + / -
I've tried all of the above but the SSC utility says it cannot communicate with my printer. The two red lights are flashing but the green power one is off. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks

DB

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R230 power light on 1/2 sec by Shailendra Dubey (9/17/13 1:27 AM) reply + / -
my printer Epson r230 has power light on only half second only and than off. please any solution me.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R200 - flashing red lights by Bahman_Mo (11/16/13 11:47 PM) reply + / -
the problem of blinking red lightes both isn't related to inkpad.
for me it was because of CR motor. the motor that moves cariage over shaft. check having some oil on shaft to cariage move easily over on it.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters