fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code....

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Nick London (5/12/05 7:10 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

I have a customer who has a HP5000 that has error code 81.0180 EIO 1 ERROR. This happens intermittently and after a reboot the printer shows the 79.00FE Error.

Could anybody shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by moe (5/12/05 9:18 AM) reply + / -
It probably has a 615 JetDirect card in it. Those cards were giving a lot of problems. HP is replacing them free until October under a Service Note. Contact them.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Anonymous (6/21/07 7:31 AM) reply + / -
This is also a common error with the Jetdirect 610N card 4169A.
It is, in my experience a faulty network card, change this and the problem will disappear.

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Carole G (10/3/07 7:09 AM) reply + / -
I'm using an HP LaserJet 5000 Printer and I've been getting a 79.032B Printer Error. The printer has been looked at by a Service Tech and they can't find a problem.

Since it's come back from service, I'm now getting a 79.0D36 Printer Error Code.

These are intermittent problems and happen at all times. I arrived at work this morning and found the error code on the printer which was not in use but was left on overnight. This printer is not networked and has no networking capabilities. It is only on one computer.

Does anyone have any solutions to these problems. They're starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Nick London (10/4/07 1:03 AM) reply + / -
Not 100% sure but if i remember correctly 79 errors are usually caused by either faulty firmware and possibly a bad formatter board....

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Stephen (edited 2/15/08 7:10 PM) reply + / -
If it does not have a JetDirect card, then the things to reseat or replace would be:

Memory

Firmware Module

Formatter

Please double check to make sure nothing is plugged into the EIO slots on the back of the printer, a JetDirect card can cause problems even when you are not attached to a network.

If you have a bad JetDirect 615N it should be replaced with a 620N, if you install another 615N you will be asking for another failure.

Card available at:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/specials/parts/cards/S324

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 receiving problem by Twin River Printer (11/5/08 10:14 AM) reply + / -
When I send to the HP, it receives, but stops processing and cuts off a half inch of media and thats it.
I had a company ( California Survey and Drafting) come out and they checked and replaced hard drive, motherboard, and basiclly everything and still no print.
They gave me a converter box to bipass the mother board and it worked for two months, now the problem is back and I'd like to know if anyone else has had this experience.
Can anyone help???

Mike

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by moe (11/5/08 10:48 AM) reply + / -
I've never heard of a converter box to bypass a motherboard. I suspect it's an external JetDirect box. Were you using a JetDirect card or the parallel interface before they came out?

Re: HP Laserjet 5000 Error Code.... by Anonymous (11/12/09 8:32 AM) reply + / -
Had a client with the error code 79.13FE on their Hp 5000 GN. I thought it was the NIC but it turned out to be the 5gig hard drive in EIO 1. Replaced that unit and everything was back to normal. I'm going to try replacing the hard drive (2.5 laptop type drive) and see if that unit can be used again. Hope this helps

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters