fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

epson r200 service required (apparently)

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

epson r200 service required (apparently) by badger (4/12/05 1:46 PM) reply + / -
hi all
has anyone any idea`s
each time i print i get an error message
the message says:(service required parts in your printer are near the end of their service life)
does anyone know which parts this is refering to.
and how i can correct this problem.
a friend of mine had the same problem with the same printer 1 week ago
but his printer now refuses to print anything.
even though he has put new ink cartridges in it.
thanx for any help in advance.
badger

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Denny Conway (4/12/05 4:29 PM) reply + / -
badger: A Service Error where you get a message telling you that "Parts inside your printer at the end of their service life, contact your dealer for replacement", or "Parts inside your printer require maintenance or replacement, call your service company", is normally a Maintenance Request Error. The maintenance request error is actually a Waste Ink Ink Pad Error and usually your remedy is to replace the Waste Ink Pad/Pads with a new one/ones and then reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter. If you just reset the counter and don't replace the pads, then your printers old pads will eventually overflow and normally start leaking ink out the bottom of your printer. You can see "Exploded Parts Diagrams" of most Epson Ink Jet Printers and can also check on possible parts ordering, by Compass Micro Inc, at http://www.compassmicro.com/parts_select.cfm . Some people actually wash the ink out of the old pads, by holding them under running cold water. Then they simply dry them out and reinstall them back into their printer. The choice on what to actually do, is yours to make. I would at least recommend getting that Waste Ink Counter reset procedure and performing it first, to make sure your printer will then work...THIS ADDITIONAL INFO MIGHT ALSO BE OF SOME HELP: Tim H 12/10/2003 2:46:24 Subject: Epson Reset Program Download Location. after a long search for a reset program for waste ink, without paying, i found it. goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/sscserve.exe . please check that your printer is compatible goto: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . this program has other features as well...Here's some previously posted info by NEWUSER, on that SSC Utility: Re: Epson C40+ Error and power light flashing by newuser (4/5/05 11:10 AM). To reset the error download this utility:
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html . Once installed run the program and configure it, closing the main window and right clicking the icon in the tray area, from there choose Configure and select your printers model. After configuration, select Protection counter -> Reset protection counter, it should be able to clear the error message. If that does not actually work, then the only suggestion I can give is to perform a soft-reset before resetting counter. Remove also the Epson status agent, it detects errors and it may hinder communication with the printer, then reboot your pc. As profile choose the one sscservice didn't use after autoconfiguration, check for printer response. Remember that you should also clean the waste ink pads located at the printer bottom, for a step by step guide download the service manual for your printer from this site: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/epson . For a more in-depth procedure by NEWUSER, go to his site at http://myprinter.altervista.org/simplefaq/mysimplefaq.html#counter ....Unfortunatly, that "SSC Service Utility" does not work on all Epson Printers and not on all Operating Systems and sometimes will not even work on actually listed printer models, so you will have to check it out for yourself. Just in case that source does not work: You may actually need to go on-line to try and locate a "SERVICE MANUAL" and or the actual "RESET PROCEDURE", to buy and download for reference in disassembly, troubleshooting and servicing. I have not checked, but you can normally find Service Manuals & Reset Procedures for most Epson Printers, from "Manuals 4 You" at http://www.manuals4you.com . http://www.2manuals.com/index.php?cPath=2_18 ...Good Luck! Denny Conway

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by gbadger (4/13/05 4:13 PM) reply + / -
hi denny
thankyou very much for your time in replying to my problem
your reply was so indepth and easy to understand.
you are a real gent.
i appreciate all you have done for me.
all the best
badger

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Denny Conway (4/13/05 4:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
badger: You're welcome! I hope that info actually helps you to correct your printers problem...Denny Conway

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by asher4 (6/21/05 12:43 AM) reply + / -
hi denny i have been trying to fix my c41sx for a few weeks and
happened to read this post and followed your instructions and my
c41sx is working fine i had allready cleaned the waste ink pads and put a waste ink bottle on the back of the printer thank you
for your post as i was going to throw my printer out and buy a new one cheers.

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Denny Conway (6/21/05 2:31 PM) reply + / -
asher4: You're welcome! I'm glad that info helped you to correct your printers problem. Good job...Denny Conway

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (12/8/05 3:18 AM) reply + / -
denny conway you are the man, with out a doubt so remember that

ive just phoned my insurance cover up and it will take a week
or more to get my epson r200 sorted, but after uing the utility and then switching the printer off and on again the chip is reset and no more parts end of life message

thanks again

cakka

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (6/24/06 9:47 AM) reply + / -
Denny Conway goes down on my short list of decent folk too !! Many thanks from me as well.
Martin.

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (7/8/06 7:16 PM) reply + / -
This helped me out too.. I received the dreaded, but useless, message "Parts inside your printer at the end of their service life, contact your dealer for replacement" when there was nothing wrong with my printer.

I did the protection reset and it works again, thanks!

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by RAPSOURCE (8/9/06 9:47 PM) reply + / -
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE EPSON R200 SERVICE ERROR AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY WITH THE LINK PROVIDED......................REMEMBER ONCE INSTALLED YOU CHOOSE YOUR PRINTER YOU CLOSE IT AND IT WILL MINIZE IN YOUR BOTTOM RIGHT ICONS........ JUST RIGHT CLICK ON ICON AND GO WERE TO RESET COUNTER AND IT ASKS YOU IF YOU REPLACED THE INK WASTE JUST CLICK YES AND VOLAAAAH!!!

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (8/14/06 10:32 AM) reply + / -
ooouuu i fix my epson c42sx with the SSC Service Utility !
Thank you

www.altshop.ro

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by zoombeanieeee (9/18/06 9:43 AM) reply + / -
Worked first time on my C66 - fantastic.

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Alpine (9/28/06 3:29 PM) reply + / -
Hi all, my R200 locked up with the blinking red leds. I isk waist is full. I use the ssc utility to reset, the reset message comes out, then put ok and voila, nothing happens, always locked!
Getting crazy with all this

Re: Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (9/28/06 3:41 PM) reply + / -
Hi, can you please tell me what version of ssc utility did you use? I used the 4.10 and it doesn't work... In the remarks of supported models there is a double star on the r200 that says that reset counter is not supported...

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by mcprinter (9/29/06 1:40 AM) reply + / -
Anon,
You should have searched this forum for r200
The answer is there more than once.

http://fileshare.eshop.bg

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (3/25/07 8:38 AM) reply + / -
how do i change the waste spounge on the epson r200

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (4/20/07 9:32 PM) reply + / -
nice, those steps worked for me, all i had to do is do a soft restart of printer.

Replacing Waste Sponge in Epson R200 by Anonymous (4/28/07 7:49 AM) reply + / -
First off, you don't need to change waste sponge on Epson R200 lol! Denny's steps worked first time perfectly for me. In terms of replacing the waste sponge pads, turn the printer off then unscrew the (single screw) access panel to the left of the epson label on the back of the printer, where you will see a small white sponge, beneath which is a small clear plastic pipe - fish this pipe out with a coat-hanger and then attach to waste reservoir of your choice (I used a small plastic bottle, made a hole in the cap and stuck the pipe thru the hole then secured with sellotape) - NB Do NOT tamber with the wirebundle to the top of the access panel - the wate ink pipe is beneath the sponge at the bottom). Switch the printer back on and download the ssc utility and follow Denny's instructions above and that's it.

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by liam191 (5/2/07 11:59 PM) reply + / -
that link works a treat and the software is alot better to control the epson printer instead of thru the mormal software...highly reccommend!!! A++++ as they wud say on ebay, lol,

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by patch247 (5/22/07 9:38 AM) reply + / -
Love this printer...like the energizer bunny just keeps going and going, but like all the other post I just couldn't get the Service Error message to go away. Numerous emails to the Epson Techies got me nowhere. Then I found this form. Downloaded the utility ran it as posted and what do ya know...no more error message. Now to install my newly purchased bulk ink system and hook up a waste ink bottle and I should be able to print 2000 more full face DVD's. Great forum and a special thanks to Denny!

Epson R200 Blinking red lights, no error msgs by H_Webber (10/27/07 5:57 AM) reply + / -
Denny Conway, if you're reading this then I'm hoping you can help me. I've read all the posts concerning the R200 problems and some of them ALMOST applies to mine. This is what happened to me....I replaced all the cartridges (like I've done several times before) now when the printer starts up it goes thru its' normal boot-up then the power light goes out and the two red lights flash at the same time. There was no "Sevice Required", or any messages popping up on my computer. I tried the SSC utility and all I get is "Device not Found". After numorous times of restarting the printer and pushing and holding different buttons, different sequences, etc., I was able to get it in stand-by with no red lights flashing. I was able to print 2 or 3 documents then I was back to ground zero. Epson's tech support was of no more use than my owner's manual. They did give me a phone# of the nearest repair facility to which I was told for $35 to $40 plus S&H they could fix it. That's almost half of what the printer cost. BTW, I'm running XP Pro, if that's any help. ANY IDEAS?

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (12/10/07 9:20 AM) reply + / -
just read your article

I tried the ssc utility and it supposedly reset all counters
but Im still getting 2 red lights flashing.

I need to know how to get at and replace and/ or clean the waste pad.

I also tried the waste bottle set up. but until I get the red lights to stop flashing, Im kind of dead in the water.

help

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by stebro (1/27/08 3:15 PM) reply + / -
my printer now work fine thank you

Re: Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by godisjoyinme (edited 1/27/08 6:08 PM) reply + / -
This is what I am experiencing with my R200 right now. The two red lights flashing back and forth with no green light. Tried everything printd here. Created the dump bottle with the hose successfully in back. Notice that several have itentified the "no green power button" with no response towards solving this problem. Held down buttons while powering on. Doesn't work. Tried the SSC program while error stated "will soon be at end..." Did not work. Now, "end of service part..." Did anyone find a solution. find a solution?

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Ashworth (3/30/08 3:08 PM) reply + / -
Bingo. Thanks badger. By the grace of God your tutorials woeked like magic. I have connected a tube outside of the printer and directed it into a small container. I have printed few copies and I know it is working. I just seem not to get a preview of the ink levels to know which ink is running out. but Thanks, you are the man.

Ashworth Ashalley-Anthony, Premaxks Communications, Tema, Ghana +23322301259

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by arby1 (4/24/08 6:16 PM) reply + / -
DENNY Thanks so much for the advice on resetting!

Re: Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (5/25/08 12:12 PM) reply + / -
After reading your reply to another query over flashing red lights, I thought oh well seeing as I had just purchesed a bulk quantity of ink for the R200 i'll give it a try, first of all I stripped the printer, only to find that i need not have, not having access to spare ink pads, I washed and dried old pads and re-installed them, put printer back together again, downloaded the software, and,It WORKED, well done Denny, I will now find the relevant parts and do the job properly, All the best, and thank you for your info. Paul.

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (11/20/08 2:39 AM) reply + / -
thanx a lot denny conway 4 helping those people got the same problem with EPSON...
thanx sooo much!!!

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Back__King (1/11/09 8:02 AM) reply + / -
Denny you are a legend

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by tiggy (2/4/09 11:22 AM) reply + / -
Had same issue & was the drowned sponge problem.

Dennys' post pointed me in the right direction! Thanks!

It is quite a job to dismantle this unit if you aren't technically minded & a manual helps!
To this end I have uploaded the Service Manual, Schematic & the Service Prog (Very similar to the great SSC tool) to help anyone brave enough to try it out. :)

http://rapidshare.com

A solution to the sponge issue for CISS users I found which is a simple fix (even if you don't use CISS) is here: -
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=51595&forum_id=40

Re: Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by websnail (2/5/09 2:08 AM) reply + / -
Just a thought but unless you have one of the much older printers it's generally much easier to redirect the waste ink to an external container.

The R200 is one of the simplest to do this with, given that it has the little trap door at the back and usually the hardest job is figuring out the location of the tube (under the little block of white [or black if it's inked up] foam).

You can easily redirect the waste to a container of your own if you have the necessary bits to hand but for those wanting a little hand holding there are options available if you google "waste ink kit epson"

Also, word of advice... If your printer will reset with the SSC utility it's definitely easier to use that. The official adjustment utilities are complex and could easily be misused in a way that would completely bork/break/fubar your printer. Care is definitely required.

Re: Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (2/5/09 5:40 AM) reply + / -
More detailed step by step mod in pix for waste ink evacuation:-
http://forums.cdcovers.cc/showthread.php?t=189379

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (2/5/09 6:14 AM) reply + / -
Not forgetting this site which pulls together and links to various other sources (including the one above) for numerous printer models.

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Re: epson SX415 service required (apparently) by Anonymous (1/22/10 1:18 PM) reply + / -
I HAVE PRINTER EPSON SX 415 ONEDAY I SEE THIS MESSAGE ON LCD PRINTER "ERROR
INK PAD LIFE NEAR END LIFE PLEAS CONTACT SUPPORT CENTER"
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MAKE MY EPSON WORK AGAIN
BEST REGARD

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by baybee (2/8/12 3:14 AM) reply + / -
First of all to all of you I do not think this is an Epson problem, I think it is a virus, hack or Trojan I will tell you why. Yesterday I changed the ink and my main printer Epson Artisan 800 and all of a sudden it said my ink pads out of service I panic’d as I run a business. So I changed ink in my spare printer as a back up Epson R300 and all of a sudden the same thing happened. 2 Printers same day that were both working in the morning. Strange and not a coincidence….

First I ran my “Advanced systemcare Pro” found some spyware and such and cleaned it all out than…..

So found this for my Epson R300 and it worked….

The printer's internal counter will alert you when the waste pad begins to overflow via a "Service Required" message on the printer's screen. After you've cleared out the ink, the counter must be reset.

Related Searches:
Difficulty:EasyInstructions

Turn on the Epson R300 by holding down the "Power" button until the printer's screen comes on.

Hold down the "Power," "Stop" and "Maintenance" buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, until a message appears on the screen indicating that the counter is being reset. You will then be prompted to power down your printer.

Turn off your printer and unplug the power cord. Wait for one minute before plugging the cord back into its outlet and powering up your printer.

Next for my Epson Artisan 800 I went to Epson web site and downloaded their resetter program ( just go to Epson.com and search for it, they send you activation code via email after you download).

After you install and open program it ask you to put in serial number than the activation code they sent in email, this reset’s the Epson 800. Now all is well again.

Hope this helps?

Re: epson r200 service required (apparently) by baybee (2/8/12 3:18 AM) reply + / -
The R300 instructions for reset will work for R200 also try it.
First of all to all of you I do not think this is an Epson problem, I think it is a virus, hack or Trojan I will tell you why. Yesterday I changed the ink and my main printer Epson Artisan 800 and all of a sudden it said my ink pads out of service I panic’d as I run a business. So I changed ink in my spare printer as a back up Epson R300 and all of a sudden the same thing happened. 2 Printers same day that were both working in the morning. Strange and not a coincidence….

First I ran my “Advanced systemcare Pro” found some spyware and such and cleaned it all out than…..

So found this for my Epson R300 and it worked….

The printer's internal counter will alert you when the waste pad begins to overflow via a "Service Required" message on the printer's screen. After you've cleared out the ink, the counter must be reset.

Related Searches:
Difficulty:EasyInstructions

Turn on the Epson R300 by holding down the "Power" button until the printer's screen comes on.

Hold down the "Power," "Stop" and "Maintenance" buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, until a message appears on the screen indicating that the counter is being reset. You will then be prompted to power down your printer.

Turn off your printer and unplug the power cord. Wait for one minute before plugging the cord back into its outlet and powering up your printer.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters