fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by Claudine Cremer (4/11/05 11:08 AM) reply + / -
Problem was not corrected by ordering and installing a new printhead. Any suggestions of other causes/solutions to the problem? I am wondering if a circuit could be overheating in the unit and if keeping it unplugged until use would work. Any thoughts would be welcome. The unit is not that old and my nearest repair center is 3 hours away.

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Denny Conway (4/28/05 9:24 AM) reply + / -
Claudine: I'm sorry, but I do not really work on Canon Printers, so I'm not really framiliar with them. However, the following web-site links may be useful in the future, if they don't help you right now. SITE #1: http://canonhelp.freehttp.com/ . A "Canon Help Page" for Error Codes, thats for a lot of the "BC" and "BJC" Printers. SITE #2: http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprTSIndex.jsp . A Canon USA Technical Support page. SITE #3: http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprSupport.jsp . A Canon USA "Contact Canon" site for PRODUCT INFORMATION/TECHNICAL SUPPORT. SITE #4: http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprTSIndex.jsp?app=download . A Canon USA "Download Library" web-site. SITE #5: You can also try http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/canon/canonidx.htm , for possible help. I'm told that is a great site for older canons and includes information on the waste ink error...I hope this helps! Denny Conway

Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by watsonk (6/7/05 11:16 PM) reply + / -
It could be due to "waste tank full" alarm; you may need to reset the waste tank counter.
I found a reset sequence for a MP730 printer in this website that works for F30 as well. Try:
Resetting the Waste Ink Volume Counter
1) Enter SERVICE MODE.---
By pressing Menu-Copy-#
2) Select TEST MODE.
3) Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4) Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5) Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6) Press the [OK] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key.

Skip step (6) since there is no [OK] key on F30 printers.

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by Necromaster (7/13/05 11:39 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a bunch!!!

You helped solve my F50 problem as well!!!!!

I had a feeling the error was in regards to the waste ink but had searched forever to find the procedure to fix it.

Thanks once again

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (10/20/05 3:27 PM) reply + / -
And mine as well...

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (12/6/05 11:31 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by tantu44 (12/17/06 9:09 AM) reply + / -
My printer has wrong cartridge error, I have new cartridges, have restarted the computer, have turned the printer off and on, have did everthing I know how. Printer will not allow me to aligh the printhead, which I have made sure was in correctly, have cleaned the cartridge area to make sure it wasn't dried ink. Contacted Cannon online support, told me to restart computer, etc. etc. would give a discount on a new one. Very frustraded.

MP730 by Brian_Tech (8/15/07 9:16 AM) reply + / -
I replaced the ink pads and then have attempted to reset the ink count, by doing the following

1) Enter SERVICE MODE.---
By pressing Menu-Copy-#
2) Select TEST MODE.
3) Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4) Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5) Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6) Press the [OK] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key.

When I get to step 5, the printer will not accept me hitting 0 and eventually the printer goes back to step 3 part of menu in service mode.

Any ideas on what this may be or how else I could reset the ink count?

Thanks, BT

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon M by sharon fitzgerald (8/15/07 11:33 PM) reply+1 + / -
I need to reset the waste ink counter as I have replaced the pads that made the ink waste message appear that it was full. I have a Canon Pixima MP760 printer. Can you please help or advise where I can get the code to unlock it so the message disappears. regards Sharon. Please email me on shazfitz@bigpond.net.au

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (9/4/07 10:56 AM) reply + / -
No need to respond. But thank you for your posting. After purchasing a new printer I needed anyway, I found your posting to fix my MP30. It worked and I love it. Thanks again, Jon.

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (12/16/07 6:41 PM) reply + / -
Thanks! This fixed my check printer message!!

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (12/27/07 9:04 AM) reply + / -
YOU FIXED MINE ASWELL.

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by evbrad2002 (12/27/07 7:11 PM) reply + / -
I'm afraid that this did not fix my F60. Any other suggestions?

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by mlencoski (12/31/07 6:16 AM) reply + / -
I rinsed my print head in warm water until clean and let it dry completely. Followed the service menu instructions as mentioned above, but what made the difference for me was to install all the ink cartridges into the print head prior to installing the print head. If i put the print head in without the cartridges in it I got the same error message.

Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (3/17/08 3:37 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much! We've had our F30 for 7 years and I've really liked it. Last year I had to replace the print head - yes, Canon wanted me to just buy a new printer and today I got the "check printer" message with a jammed print head holder. Your reset instructions did the trick - thank you!

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MP730 by mntman1 (9/28/08 10:55 PM) reply + / -
CHECK PRINTER PRESS RESUME KEY And alarm light flasing.cannot reset.please help.

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon M by mother9 (10/6/08 12:01 PM) reply + / -
How do I get to the service Mode on my F30? When I press Menu, it only gives me the option to set up special copy and does not go to test mode. Is that done directly on the printer or in the computer?? I printed out the re-set instructions but can't get anywhere with it because I can not find the Test Mode on the printer. I am getting the Check Printer message and the print head will not move to position so that I can make sure it is seated properly.
Someone please help! I need this printer to do Banners!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon M by moe (10/6/08 12:27 PM) reply + / -
It does say press Menu-copy-#

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on by mother9 (10/6/08 3:42 PM) reply + / -
Thanks Moe, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and did get the waste tank problem taken care of. It worked fine but now the computer is not communicating with the printer so I have to figure out what is causing that problem. I may have to reinstall the computer because I had some issues with trying to download and install the service pack 3 that caused a whole raft of problems with it. I think when that messed up, it lost some of my files needed to run other programs. I can print from that computer to another printer on my network but it does not recognize the F30.
Thanks again for your response.

Re: Re: Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass by Anonymous (2/28/09 7:54 PM) reply + / -
Wow I almost tossed it and I found your advice and IT WORKED! Thank you so much.

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by Anonymous (5/3/09 6:48 AM) reply + / -
WOW!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, THOSE INSTRUCTIONS WORKED LIKE A CHARM, GOD BLESS WHOMEVER POSTED THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon i250 by Dolphyn (5/21/09 4:54 AM) reply + / -
After resetting printer, I get message "checking printer staus" and it does not print.
Earlier problem was that bin is full.

Wrong Cartridge Message on Canon MultiPass F30 by Chris9785 (8/14/09 8:31 AM) reply + / -
The "WRONG CARTRIDGE" message is displayed and the orange warning light is flashing. When I press the menu key I only get three options: SPECIAL COPY, PRINTER SETTINGS, and SYSTEM SETTINGS, none of which respond to the # key, so I can't reach the TEST mode via the COPY option in order to reset the ink count.

Check Printer error message on Canon B820 by Anonymous (3/15/10 9:20 PM) reply + / -
Dear ,

Would u please tell me if the fax Model - Canon B820 and ahow "check printer " then what will be the solution.

Waiting for your comments.

Ereash

Re: Check Printer error message on Canon MultiPass F30 by Chamal (10/6/10 3:29 AM) reply + / -
How can I solve the Check printer error messafe for canon b820 fax machene.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters