fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

problems with epson printers

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

problems with epson printers by 2k (4/4/05 2:14 PM) reply + / -
Hi there,

I have been asked by my boss to see if i can fix a problem with his fathers printer, it's an epson c42. the printer works fine on my computer but not his, i have tried re-installing the drivers, my HP laser printer works fine on his computer however my epson c60 won't work on his computer either.

the error message that we're getting just says that the printer is not connected?

i'm a little bit stumped by this one?

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Re: problems with epson printers by tiamaria (4/4/05 3:44 PM) reply + / -
Try another USB port just incase. Is his computer an older one and maybe it would work better on parallel port.

Re: problems with epson printers by 2k (4/5/05 3:35 AM) reply + / -
thanks for the reply

I have tried all the usb ports and i'm still getting no luck, and there isn't a parallel port available on the printer.

the problem is more that no epson printers will work on this machine, yet when i installed my hp printer it worked fine. so i'm concerened that something has gone corrupt and isn't uninstalling correctly.

I have tried the updated drivers and i'm still getting no success

Re: problems with epson printers by LincolnR (4/5/05 3:40 AM) reply + / -
The only thing I can think of would be to completely remove all Epson printer drivers, then reinstall the latest version.

Re: problems with epson printers by newuser (4/5/05 11:07 AM) reply + / -
The problem is caused by some registry values that prevent Windows Plug&Play system to correctly install the printer.

You have to run Regedit and manually clear all the registry values related to Epson Stylus C42 and EPUSB001. Once you have done it, reboot the pc and reinstall drivers but turn on the printer only when prompted by setup utility.

Re: problems with epson printers by 2k (4/6/05 9:00 AM) reply + / -
Thanks very much for your reply :) i had a sneaky Suspicion it might be a registry issue

i'll give it a go tomorrow afternoon when i'm next up there.

thanks for your help

Mike

My Printer won't print by Todd (4/23/05 5:06 PM) reply + / -
There is ink int the printer but no words come out on the paper!

Re: problems with epson printers by newuser (4/24/05 12:17 AM) reply + / -
If you are using compatible cartridge, they are causing your problem. Since they do not seal correctly with printer carriage, air reach the printhead and cause the blank print issue.

Try with original cartrdiges, if they don't work use the cleaning solution on sale in this site:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K70

Re: problems with epson printers by LB (5/6/05 6:05 AM) reply + / -
I have an Epson C42+ and recently stopped giving an error saying 'Parts inside are at the end of there service life'. Epson say it will cost ~100 to get it serviced. Is it possible to over-ride this error and get it started again or is it for the skip?

Re: problems with epson printers by Wes (5/6/05 10:34 AM) reply + / -
You can reset the protection counter using the SSC service utility. You can download it from here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html and if you need help using the utility try here http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html

And to clean the absorber pads try this link http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/c60wip1.html

I hope this helps,

Wes.

Re: problems with epson printers by chotpogi (11/15/05 11:15 PM) reply + / -
I have an epson stylus 915, it has an error message saying "Parts inside are at the end of there service life". Does the software from inkjetprinterhelp.us for epson support the model of my printer. I have a problem using the softaware. It seems that it does not reset the protection counter.

re/ epsom stylus cx 5200 by maorijohn (11/16/05 8:48 AM) reply + / -
Hi used my machine last Saturday fine. Monday it was as dead as a dodo, tried changing the power cable and checked the wall socket. Have I overlooked something,is there a way around this, or is it as a local repair guy told me its cheaper to buy new than to repair Any one know please Maori

Re: problems with epson printers by Joselito (12/6/05 1:58 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson Stylus C20SX. When I turn the printer on, the head does not move. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks..

Joselito

Re: problems with epson printers by Anonymous (12/7/07 4:53 PM) reply + / -
I have an Epson Stylus C86. The problem is the printer is working but the paper remains blank. I thought the ink cartridges were bad, so I bought some new ones and that didn't work. I also went the Epson's help guide and ran all the tests that they prescribed, still no ink on the paper. What could I be missing?

Re: problems with epson printers by Anonymous (3/2/08 6:25 PM) reply + / -
My epson C60 will print on color but nothing comes out on black and white

Re: problems with epson printers by Wally randall (11/19/09 8:47 PM) reply + / -
My Epson 1800 won't print! The ink & paper lights are both flashing? Anyone been able to fix this particular problem?

Re: Re: problems with epson printers by Anonymous (11/20/09 6:13 AM) reply + / -
Hello Wally, if the printer gets a lot of use, it may be the waste ink pad full warning. If so, Epson want you to send it in for fixing. Suggest checking out the SSC Utility to see if your model is covered. If so, you can reset the counter and it will continue to function till next time.

JaX

Re: problems with epson printers by Roland Hiltscher (3/30/10 8:27 AM) reply + / -
My Epson ink jet 1800 is practically new but beyond the warranty. I haven't used it for several months. I have tried all the jet cleaning etc. but the printer goes through its' cleaning program and toward the end makes an extremely loud grinding sound that lasts for about a minute. I have turned the machine upside down and tried to remove any foreign matter. To no avail. I believe there must be something caught somewhere in the printing machinery. All things are very clean and like new. Probably the printer needs to be disassembled and checked for the foreign object if this does exist. Do you have any similar problems? I have installed off brand replacement ink cartridges. Could this be the problem? If so please tell me or if there is some other cause also please tell me. Thanks.

Re: Re: problems with epson printers by WaveGuide (3/31/10 1:44 PM) reply + / -
Hello Roland,
I've had lots of Epsons and they all appear to be of similar design. I'd say the 'grinding' noise is probably the carriage drive belt jumping on the drive motor cog. This can happen if there's a problem with the index strip which runs left to right on the carriage track. This tells the carriage where it is on the track. If this strip is damaged, missing, detached or very dirty, the carriage will slam into the end stops and the drive motor will run on. This causes the toothed belt to jump the sprockets giving the noise you describe.
JaX

Re: problems with epson printers by Roland Hiltscher (4/2/10 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Please tell me how to fix my R1800 Photo Ink Jet Epson printer. It has this very loud grinding sound and the tape in the back vibrates violently when I try to run a clean cycle or most anything. The R1800 is practically brand new but has been sitting around with off brand cartridges that worked about 18 months ago but now doesn't.

Thanks if you can help or tell me someone who can fix it without too much $$$ as I am a senior citizen.

Roland Hiltscher

Re: problems with epson printers by Wes (4/2/10 1:11 PM) reply + / -
Start by cleaning the carriage guide shaft. This will also help you to look for any obstructions. Read here for instructions http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/glide.html

Re: problems with epson printers by Anonymous (5/10/10 4:46 AM) reply + / -
i have an epson printer and it wont print anythin ov my laptop, as any1 got any ideas ov what i cant do 2 get it 2 print,

Re: problems with epson printers by mboer (11/29/10 11:18 AM) reply + / -
Epson CX5800F Good printing until black ink replaced. spaces in columns, half of numbers missing, scan does not show image,vertical bands in text. I have used head cleaning, nozzle check, head alignment and have reinstall the software. Help.

Re: problems with epson printers by fizee (12/3/10 9:09 AM) reply + / -
I have an epson r1800 and it will not print 13x19 however it prints 81/2x11 fine. I don't hear the usual sounds the pickups make when putting the paper in the printer when I attempt to print 13x19. It has printed 13x19 fine in the past.

Re: Re: problems with epson printers by moe (12/3/10 10:21 AM) reply + / -
Just to hazard a guess based on experience, I'd say that the pickup roller is a bit worn. It's not worn enough to keep it from picking up the lighter, smaller sheets, but worn enough to not be able to move the larger, heavier sheet. You should be able to watch the roller and see it slipping on the 13X9 paper.

printing problems with epson inkjet L200 printers by jayakar (9/15/11 11:09 PM) reply + / -
printer EPSON INKJET L200 not printing anything blank paper is coming all settings are ok

Re: problems with epson printers by MANIKANTA (11/7/11 5:31 AM) reply + / -
HI,

I have take Epson L200 Printer. In that there is an option for closing the ink by some valve at back side during transportation. I forget to open my valve once i shifted my printer from one place to another and taken the printouts. But after some copies It was not taking the paper and red light is glowing near power button. Please help me in fixing the problem.
I want to know wheter it creates any problem if we are using the printer without opening the valve.

Thanks in advance

Re: problems with epson printers by Nagendra (1/24/12 11:46 PM) reply+1 + / -
printer EPSON L200 not printing anything blank paper is coming, all settings are ok

Re: problems with epson printers by R G T Morris (2/4/12 12:42 AM) reply + / -
I recently purchased an Epson SX435W wireless printer so that both my wife and could share it. The wireless printing worked well with both computers but when it came to scanning in a picture the only thing we get is a message saying: cannot communicate with scanner. Make sure the scanner is correctly set up and connected with no error indicated.
I have re-loaded the disc three times, down loaded a new driver, updated the original driver and exchanged the printer for another new one as suggested by the man on the end of the Epson help line. The printer sits on a shelf directly above the computer I am using. The programme I want to use for scanning in pictures is Photo Plus x4 by Serif. This worked perfectly with the Epson printer (not wireless) we just passed to our Daughter.
Please PLEASE! What can I do? I need to scan in many pictures to illustrate a book I am writing.

black print cant print. by jayant (5/14/12 11:53 AM) reply + / -
Purchase New L200 printer, printer install ok ,ink charging ok , color prints ok , black printout cant print, what is a problem.

Re: problems with epson printers by Pranit (5/24/12 10:10 PM) reply + / -
i have purchased a epson l200 printer....but the cartridges are not sucking the ink.....because of it i am getting blank pages al time......

Re: problems with epson printers by artifices (6/13/12 10:37 PM) reply + / -
How to chage the ink pads on a 710 artisan printer. Thanks fot your help

Re: problems with epson printers by ALISAIFI (7/19/12 12:58 AM) reply + / -
The printer's ink pads are at the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support.

Re: problems with epson printers by Wes (7/19/12 11:35 AM) reply + / -
OK I will contact them.

Re: problems with epson printers by ravinimje (7/31/12 1:25 AM) reply + / -
The Following Message always receives me.

'The printer's ink pads are at the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support'.

Please solve the problems related with the above message.

Re: problems with epson printers L200 by Anjan Mukherjee (8/21/12 4:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I have a epson L200 printer.All are correct but blank page is coming when print any thing.
How to solve it?
Please help me.

Re: problems with epson printers L200 by xiaoyouangel (9/4/12 5:15 AM) reply + / -
same problem with Anjan....nothing is being printed on the paper..i have deleted then re-installed the driver but still
it gives me blank print-outs...what could be the problem? its a new printer, just bought it last week was able to print a couple of days ago.

Re: problems with epson printers by jcpogs29 (9/20/12 7:42 AM) reply + / -
My printer will not eat the paper it why should i do .... when he printed it thers nothing happen but my printer is full of ink

Re: no ink out from epsonL200 by chow (10/14/12 12:25 AM) reply + / -
my printer model is L200.
I have installed the software but then there is nothing(blank page) when i press either print or copy.
yet the computer show my ink tank is fully filled.
may i know wats the problem n wat im going to do?

Re: problems with epson printers by smazur (10/24/12 5:48 PM) reply + / -
I HAVE EPSON CX9400FAX MODEL
ALL INK CARTRAGES HAVE BEEN REPLACED
PRINT HEAD MOVES ACROSS PAPER...BUT
JUST KEEPS SPITTING OUT BLANK SHEETS

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS? MANY THANKS

Re: problems with epson printers by Wes (edited 10/25/12 1:31 AM) reply + / -
Buy a print head cleaning kit like this http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89 warm the cleaning solution and follow the insructions.

Re: problems with epson printers by dhaks (11/11/12 7:47 PM) reply + / -
i got L200 epson printer...my problem is when i printed color or pictures the colors did not match and there r stripes in the pictures...ive already clean the head i done all that but still the same..help me please

Re: problems with epson printers by klwatampola (11/11/12 11:07 PM) reply + / -
hi i have problem of Epson sx525wd. west ink pad is full; how can i reset that printer. plese help

Re: problems with epson printers by klwatampola (11/11/12 11:09 PM) reply + / -
hi i have problem of Epson sx525wd. west ink pad is full; how can i reset that printer. plese help

Re: problems with epson printers by klwatampola (11/11/12 11:16 PM) reply + / -

Re: Re: problems with epson printers by jrbtrail (3/3/13 11:19 AM) reply + / -
Epson R1800 making grinding noise. I had this problem. It was caused by the ink supply station assembly which does a lot of things. In my case it would not unlock the carriage when it should. The carriage is trying to move but can't causing the drive belt to slip on the drive motor causing the grinding sound. I found a replacement unit at "compass micro" for about $50.00. It is not easy to replace but I managed to do it and my R1800 works perfect now. Be sure to download the maintenance manual. It has all the instructions on how to do it.

Re: problems with epson printers by regmab (7/13/13 3:07 AM) reply + / -
hi!
My epson L200 won't print.the ink and paper lights are both flashing. what is the problem?

Re: problems with epson printers by solari22 (7/13/13 4:46 AM) reply + / -
I have installed the Epson XP-200 printer on my Slackware 13.37 Linux system.
It is using the ESCPR driver and current scanner driver (iscan_2.29.1-5).
It will print from a file just fine and will scan and print equally fine.
1) What it is not doing is scan and create a file when I press the B&W + Color buttons on the printer console.
2) I expected an icon in the system tray but there is none. Should I expect to see one and does it create a means to examine the printers status?

Re: problems with epson printers by jay1000 (8/31/13 1:31 PM) reply + / -
hi i got a epson workforce 1100 from the usa to ireland its a stylus office b1100 in euro countrys but the internal parts are the same main board etc/ my gf pluged it in to the mains here with out a converter from 240 to 110, white smk came from the back of the printer , what is it that has burnt out, there is still power going in to it as the green light comes on but just keeps blinking thanks for u help in advance,

Re: problems with epson printers by ARUNA DEVI (12/25/13 12:36 AM) reply + / -
My Epson L200 shows error that there is no ink but the cartridge is half full and I am not able to print. What could be the problem. Still yesterday I was taking print out.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters